Verified:

Ivan Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 1:15:45

And that is why alliance, has/still uses L:L because any moron can do a topfeed and people dont want to loose out on it

I dont really see the problem with it, can refer to SoFs retal policies we implemented this set it doesnt rule out 1:1 and has L:L for topfeeding

those policies are posted on AT i believe

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 1:18:12

Well I can sorta understand it in Alliance, because if someone else takes the retal you still lose the land.

But in FFA you have lots of countries, you can do the retal, and keep the land to yourself if you wish.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

aponic Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 1:45:29

land:land doesn't exist in alliance anymore. I can't think of anyone who has that policy who actually is capable of enforcing it.
SOF
Cerevisi

synoder Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 2:29:29

I am all for 2:1 on all jetters but unfortunately most people are strict 1:1. topfeeds are nonexistant and l:l is a bad word in ffa ;) if you are gonna do l:l you might as well do 1:kill cause l:l would basically eliminate LGs.

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 2:33:00

Only time I use jetters is for retals, so 2:1 on jetters I would be cool with. Definition of a jetter is someone more then 65% jets say.
NBK

Rockman Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 3:26:53

I want land:land, just because I don't want to have to run a retaller to protect my all-explore countries from being topfed.

I've run tyranny techers with max mil strat that exploited 1:1 retals, and realized it took no skill. All it takes is being offense heavy with similar networth and much less land than your target and max military strategy tech (and obviously, hitting a country that isn't in DR protection).

The equations governing land gains are not that complex, they're quite easy to figure out.

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 4:16:12

If you say similar NW now, then why did you say low NW retaller previously?

The fact you said low NW implies that someone didn't hit you from equal NW, which also implies you will own them on the retal, as it is easy to sell enough military within 72 hours to make the most of it.

FFA you do have to do different strategies, as opposed to 1a where you only had 1 country to work with, you now have more. You can choose to make your countries work together to benefit you more as a whole. Or you can choose to complain and demand advantages over people who went out of their way to prepare, for these said issues.

I am not one to complain, and am also the first person to say "Suck it up" if you find yourself in an easily avoidable situation. I tell our own members that if they complain about something silly too.

After the first couple weeks of the set, there should be no way that a non jetter could match your defensive military if you were 100% defensive and a decent enough player. You could be broken, but there are literally hundreds of easier and more profitable targets. Having high NW is its own defense against jetters.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, demand L:L?
NBK

Rockman Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 4:19:51

Originally posted by Kill4Free:
If you say similar NW now, then why did you say low NW retaller previously?

The fact you said low NW implies that someone didn't hit you from equal NW, which also implies you will own them on the retal, as it is easy to sell enough military within 72 hours to make the most of it.

FFA you do have to do different strategies, as opposed to 1a where you only had 1 country to work with, you now have more. You can choose to make your countries work together to benefit you more as a whole. Or you can choose to complain and demand advantages over people who went out of their way to prepare, for these said issues.

I am not one to complain, and am also the first person to say "Suck it up" if you find yourself in an easily avoidable situation. I tell our own members that if they complain about something silly too.

After the first couple weeks of the set, there should be no way that a non jetter could match your defensive military if you were 100% defensive and a decent enough player. You could be broken, but there are literally hundreds of easier and more profitable targets. Having high NW is its own defense against jetters.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, demand L:L?

Because buying jets and military strategy tech tends to boost my networth.

And its real easy for a non-jetter to match the defensive military of a turtle.

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 4:24:23

Ok logic, does not work/is ignored, fair enough. How about actually provable statistics?

Tag SaS, all explore, every set, for the last year. Would be harder to get more land then him with just exploring, no protection of a clan. His retaller is mediocre. Yet he rarely gets attacked and most of his countries have not even been hit once this entire set.

And that fellow doesn't even have weapons tech.

If a 1 man tag can do it on it's own you can too (Even though that completely contradicts your previous FFA experience).

Then again, maybe FFA players are just better ;)
NBK

highrock Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 4:59:08

Originally posted by Kill4Free:
Ok logic, does not work/is ignored, fair enough. How about actually provable statistics?

Tag SaS, all explore, every set, for the last year. Would be harder to get more land then him with just exploring, no protection of a clan. His retaller is mediocre. Yet he rarely gets attacked and most of his countries have not even been hit once this entire set.

And that fellow doesn't even have weapons tech.

If a 1 man tag can do it on it's own you can too (Even though that completely contradicts your previous FFA experience).

Then again, maybe FFA players are just better ;)

That's true...but SAS also suffers a high cost from carrying all that defense. His countries aren't very efficient.
formerly Viola MD

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 5:19:32

You went the way I proposed and made good retallers however :P Can't use you in my debate!

But your point that you can spend a few million more earlier on on tech, will save you a boatload of military and expenses later does stand.
NBK

KyleCleric Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 5:23:13

Highrock was definitely too tough to grab. Same with SAS.

This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 5:45:18

I grabbed both, although SAS retalled me within 6 hours, and I didn't even think his tag was capable of retalling me successfully. Hrock retalled me but from too high of an NW to max his returns fortunaetly ;)
NBK

highrock Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 5:48:50

haha a lot of the NBK grabs on me I didn't maximize because either

1) you guys were too landthin so I didn't bother trying to get too much back

or

2) you hit me right before i started jumping so i got really lazy and it didn't matter too much for me

so which one were you? =P
formerly Viola MD

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 6:07:07

Probably both knowing me :P
You made a few great grabs earlier in set, and I had a few hour interval before you got retalled ;)

Its all about the timing, and you know that as well as anyone!
NBK

Desperado Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 8:24:43

well rockman

focus doesn't do land:land
we do war when the need arises... in fact, we've warred just about every single set that ffa has been here, sometimes twice a set.
we protect our members, and we do it quite well... without the need of policies such as land:land.

I would say in our server's general belief, if you want to have 100k acres in one country, then maybe you should have enough defense to defend those actres, especially if you have a low NW

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Mathais Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 14:39:55

Exactly Despy!

Why are we still talking about this?