Verified:

CGiboney Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 23:50:33

Was thinking this could help the game out some. Have reble countries that can attack you or you can farm.( have a limit on number times you can attack tho)

I like all the changes you guys have made. I really think the having computer ran countries would be great. just dont make them supa 1337!!

Unholy Monks

Marshal Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 20:28:46

bot countries have been suggested but mods have more important things to do.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2011, 9:09:10

the ins and outs of making and maintaining bot countries is being/has been discussed in detail.

I think the general conclusion is that these bots would be good for the game but there is a lot of difference in opinion as to how much of a role they should play, and what their exact objectives will be. also, no matter what's decided, it will take a lot of work to get them up and running.

Don't see these bots hitting the servers any time in the near future.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 16th 2011, 19:51:31

What about players unaffiliated with alliances to become bot-runners. It would require some pretty un-biased players, but even just starting small, allow one player to run 5 untagged countries in alliance and see how it goes? It would require a decent amount of screening to ensure fairplay, but it'd take a lot less time/coding than an AI. They could be given set rules about how many hits they can make on alliances (or maybe force them all-x in the first few trial sets) and terms of retaliation.

Increased independence for how the bot-runners choose to run their countries as sets go by with no problems. Any sign of abuse and they're gone.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 6:00:43

there are enough indy, UnClanned, UnTagged countries, already in the game, but they seem to be being penalized, for not wanting to be part of the Clan/Politics.
how many changes to the game have been made to make it harder for theses countries to play?

more variables, will make a better game!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!