Verified:

KyleCleric Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 6:04:52

lol, sorry
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 6:27:48

Originally posted by Warster:
kyle i was talking about k4f being able to break 15 mil jet RAW at week 3

all jetter commi indy, building nothing but ic's, and nothing else... no....

1.5mill, yes, its possible
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 6th 2011, 6:31:05

and then he would have no defence

the one of things they complain about
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 6:38:12

he would also have a BPT of 5, food and cash shortages, and no oil to attack with :P

yet still possible
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

Mossy Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 7:25:26

This thread has merit. Down with self-farming.
BSS!
AIM - mossossoppo

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 8:26:13

PANLV, TKO, NBK, IMP, KA, SWORDS and BSS can end Self Farming if they would just agree to a simple contract.

We, Earth Swords of Justice, Sign this Agreement with PANLV, TKO, NBK, IMP, KA, BSS and any other clan willing to sign this contract, That Earth Swords of Justice will not allow Self Farming within our tag.

We, Earth Swords of Justice, Also Agree to allow, PANLV, TKO, NBK, IMP, KA, BSS or any other clan willing to sign this contract, the rights to kill any country found within the Earth Swords of Justice tag found to have been involved in Self Farming.

We, Earth Swords of Justice, are willing to commit to war, if neccessary, in defense of PANLV, TKO, NBK, IMP, KA, BSS or any other clan that has signed this Agreement if any action taken by said clans against any countrys caught self farming result in retaliation from any alliance/tag/country.

That was just a quickly put together contract, if partys are really interested in eliminating self farming, we need to come up with some sort of solution. Instead of just rambling about it.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

Bsnake Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 8:30:33

let ppl play the game how they like...

self farming doesn't hurt anyone elses "gaming" experiance...
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 8:35:45

Bsnake.

Yes it does.

Self farming hurts every player on this server. From what everyone has said, They've only done it because LAE/KA did it and they couldn't compete with LAE/KA unless they did as well.

If KA does not want to go into an agreement with the rest of the other clans, so be it. I am sure if we actually wanted to eliminate it completely, we could do it without tempers being flared.

Bsnake Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 8:40:20

"From what everyone has said,"

Kthankxbye.....

come back when you have got your own opinion.... maybe even given it some thought....

who does it hurt, other netters???? big fluffing deal, most netters manipulate the market,buy outs etc, are you going to bang the drum about stamping that out.....

Some players found by getting land of themselves they could smash NW records.... others are now doing it and obviously having a good time.... let them enjoy it....

Swords is no netting clan,so it really doesnt effect how u play... get over it...

<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 10:29:56

Swords has been against Self Farming since Earth 2025. This is nothing new.

I've never concidered Market Manipulation/Buyouts in the same league as Self Farming. Self Farming is purely one Individuals way of gaining an advantage. Atleast with Buyouts the entire clan has to work together to gain significant NW.

And yes this does effect swords and every clan on this server. Whether you like to believe it or not.

Without Self Farming, half the netters would not be sitting on over 30k acres. SS/PS's would happen more freely between clans, Ghost Acres would be gained by everyone and not just the self farmers.

Just because there is a way to get to ungodly NW, doesn't mean its the right way. I compare it to finding a bug in a game, and exploiting it for your own personal goals. Thats all Self Farming is...

Whats the different between Self Farming and running a bot?

Both give an individual an unfair advantage against the rest of the players on the server.

Both were not apart of the game designers intentions of how the game should be played.

Both were rarely seen when Earth 2025 FFA was at its peak.

Both were seen as a daily occurance when Earth 2025 FFA was shutdown.

Hmmm I dunno... I guess I have never really thought about it Bsnake. I guess everyone should just follow LAE/KA's lead and continue to ruin this server.

Edited By: DeDLySMuRF on Jan 6th 2011, 10:31:58
See Original Post

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 10:59:38

so let me get this straight, i could play 8 countries in say tko and say 8 in swords under another name just exchange hits and i would meet your requirements

it has been discussed about changing it so an account cant hit its own countries but the other admins dont see it as an option at this stage

as for the bot and self farming

not everyone has a bot
everyone can self farm

Bot's were the ONLY reason FFA was shut down, self farming had nothing to do with it cos mehul basically removed ghost acres so self farming wasnt an issue,

plus you didnt need to self farm while there were botrunner's that didnt retal double taps

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Pain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:03:07

dedly your an idiot. HOW IS IT AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE WHEN EVERYONE CAN DO IT?

is that obvious enough for you? who the fluff do you think you are to tell me how i should play MY countries?

get over yourself.
Your mother is a nice woman

Pain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:06:10

and warster i was gonna make the same point. i should join swords and only tag half my countries there and just "LG and retal" back and forth between them. thats obviously ok by dedlys standards.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:09:33

Removing Ghost Acres on this server would help alot. But Self Farmers will still do there thing.

It is still a Bug Expliot IMO. Just because you can cheat, doesnt mean you should. Attacking other players is what this game is about. If you dont do that, whats the point of playing?

To say you did the best job of hitting your own countrys all set? No skill involved there. Exploiting a bug doesn't mean you know how to build a good country.

Like I said, I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees. Swords will not pact any clan that self farms. And Swords will not allow self farming within there tag.

I thought this was a good discussion, I thought it was an opportunity for the FFA community to try and eliminate it.

Apparently though, lazyness and cheating has infected too many souls on this server.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 11:10:57

oh i have other ways players could still get their own land that would meet their requirement,
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Pain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:14:27

i havent self farmed this set. i decided to try not doing it. so instead i ended up with all explore countries. some of us dont have time to find 16 targets every time we play our turns. sorry.

last time i checked this server was called FREE FOR ALL. you are allowed to run 16 countries for a reason. there is no rule against attacking your own countries and as long as there isnt self farming will exist, get used to it.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 11:15:42

how is it cheating??
is it against the rules??? no

if you remove ghost acres, everyone will go back to all explorers or farm the crap out of small tags and the untags

you come back 1 reset and think you know whats best for a server you havent played for a long time
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:16:16

oh i have other ways players could still get their own land that would meet their requirement,

Meet their requirements? I Just want people to stop cheating, how about that as a requirement.

Self Farming is a Bug Exploit. Plain and Simple.

Argue it all you want, but the game was not designed for you to hit yourself over and over again to gain an advantage over people that hit outside there own tag.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 11:17:34

pain he has no clue about why netting self farm , its pointless trying to explain it to him,

i dont self farm but i understand why people do it
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 11:19:45

its not a bug if its built into the game, a bug is an oversight that the admins missed

the admins know its there and have done nothing about it, so its not a bug and its not cheating, just because you dont like it , doesnt make it cheating.

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Pain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:20:21

i know. whats funny is he calls it a bug exploit. that makes as much sense as tits on a bull.

ill tell you what why dont you try to talk the mods into coding the game so if people farm thier own countries there are no ghost acres. it still would not affect the way i self farm when i do it.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 11:22:17

i wonder if he knows that if you put a country too far into DR that no ghost acres are produced?
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:22:32

its not a bug if its built into the game, a bug is an oversight that the admins missed

the admins know its there and have done nothing about it, so its not a bug and its not cheating, just because you dont like it , doesnt make it cheating.

Could that be because the Admins either don't play on this server, or those that do play in clans that Self Farm...

Are any Game Mods playing in NBK, IMP, SWORDS or BSS? Clans that disapprove of Self Farming? Didn't think so.

Pain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:24:13

yes because they dont play this server means they have no idea whats going on with it. you really are dense, arent you?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 11:26:52

all admins play the alpha FFA server

actually only 1 admin plays FFa that i know of

and 2 game moderators
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Drinks Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:30:37

Self farming saves me from having to spend more time finding targets. Saves people from fluffing and missiling me when i hit them. And makes the game more enjoyable for me rather than playing 16x 25k acres all explore country.

So sorry that i enjoy grabbing myself to make a 50k acres country which i find enjoyable to play and something different to alliance server.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 11:36:37

sorry drinks your not allowed to have fun, only the warring alliances are allowed to play the way they want

only they can have fun
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:38:05

Bug:

1. a defect or imperfection, as in a mechanical device, computer program, or plan; glitch:

Exploit:

1. to utilize, esp. for profit; turn to practical account: to exploit a business opportunity.
2. to use selfishly for one's own ends: employers who exploit their workers.
3. to advance or further through exploitation; promote: He exploited his new movie through a series of guest appearances.

Self Farming is a "Bug Exploit" by definition.

You are using an Imperfection within the Game coding in a selfish act to increase your own land.

This was not what the game designers envisioned for the game. Therefore it is cheating.

I don't care if its easier for you to do or not. Cheating is Cheating.

I am sure Bot running is easier than playing your countrys as well. Doesn't make it right.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 11:43:49

ITS NOT A CODING IMPERFECTION

it has been coded that way,
just like they now can turn the 2 bil"bug" on and off at their choosing

its not against the rules and its not cheating

you have a problem with it then message an admin or post how you think it should be changed on the B&S board
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Pain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 11:51:08

its ok warster. just ignore him

the dedly motto: If you cant compete, complain.

Drinks Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 12:05:14

[quote poster=DeDLySMuRF]

"Self Farming is purely one Individuals way of gaining an advantage. Atleast with Buyouts the entire clan has to work together to gain significant NW."

Not going to pick at everything you said wrong, cause there is too many. So id just like to point out that one cause i thought it was funny.
Its FFA. 1 person can do a solo buyout if they want. Isnt hard with 500m bushels on 15 countries.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 12:18:16

smurf do you know what pang qz and slagpit envisioned for the game?????

this isnt Earth 2025

this is a new game, on new servers, the coding for earth 2025 wasnt given to them, they made it from the information the players/admins had , in the last month of Earth 2025 the players and the admins gathered as much info they could about the old game and the EE staff made the game as close to earth as they could

then the players tested it and pointed out any issues, and then the first reset offically started

what did you do the help the game get off its feet?? what about this server??,

you have been here 1 reset , you know nothing of what the game developers want in the game

as i said in an earlier post , if you think its a bug report it

Edited By: Warster on Jan 6th 2011, 12:29:23
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 12:29:10

so RAW you say, that means no tech and no allies

i dont believe that

That means he had 15mil turrets worth of defense including weapon tech (not counting allies).

And with a dict with tech doing a PS, I could do it with just over 5mil jets. each of my countries had 2-3mil jets, and about 1.5b cash.

So yes, I could have broken it with any country within 24 hours.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 12:31:12

kill you know better then anyone that an attacking country can always break someone

you get more bonuses for attacking then defending
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 6th 2011, 12:54:04

just to set the record straight:
self-farming is not considered cheating nor is it considered against the spirit of the rules for FFA.

The only way you can get deleted for grabbing something is if you grab a player's countries who you are safelisted with.
Of course if the game community doesn't like the practice they are free to take whatever legal in-game actions they see fit to do something about it.

fyi: There was quite the discussion about this in the 1st/2nd resets of EE regarding what should be done about this/ if anything. At most there is some discussion on *possibly* changing the game mechanics so you can't benefit as much from self farming.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 12:57:05

if i recall changes were made , so after a certain amount of hits you gained no "ghost acres"
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 6th 2011, 12:58:42

that's correct. DR applies to "ghost acres" but this affects all land grabs not just self-farming. The change was implemented to discourage land-exchanges between players where both could grow to large amounts although I suppose in FFA it also discourages having two countries farm each other back and forth and benefit as much as under the prior rule set.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 13:13:10

i just find it funny that , everyone has a go at TKO for all this self farming , yet if you look at the resets where sof, pan, lae didnt war there was tons of countries over 80K land heaps of them everywhere

the reset where most people fought and TKO was free to farm to its heart content , 3 countries thats right 3 are over 72k land and only 1 is a TKO country
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 13:53:42

kill you know better then anyone that an attacking country can always break someone

you get more bonuses for attacking then defending

My point is I was capable of that nearly 3 weeks ago. And now a lot of people are still at the same defenses they had back then cause we stopped grabbing for war, lol.
NBK

llaar Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 22:44:44

i got 1,078,469 acres the first FFA set when there were no ghost at all. the only set like that in EE, and therefore the land record for no ghost acres

i had 6,004,300 acres the next set with the new ghost acres. i completely optimized how to gain land and the following set used that to make 5 countries over 1 mill acres: 90,778,247 acres, 8,855,023 acres, 5,189,309 acres 1,593,595 acres, 1,514,852 acres. the 90 mill acres is the land record according to those grabbing rules

that prompted a ghost acre rule change, which put DR into ghost acres. and with that rule change i have the land record of 1,367,312 acres. that is the current rule set in place and the record still stands.

if this take "no skill" then how come i'm the only one to have all these land records? no one really comes close to me in terms of self farming and land trading skill. so there is a strategy involved with it. its also why i had the land record in the old earth 2025 as well.

its a lot of number crunching and strategizing about every days' worth of hits, and i doubt anyone else that has self farmed actually puts the amount of time and effort into it that i have. i like playing with numbers and optimizing things and charting things out, so self farming is a way for me to play the game where i get to do that. and that is fun for me.

to a lot of you, most likely bored already from reading this, that is definitely not a fun way to play. therefore, the majority of self farmers just have a few farms and make a few hits, getting a little fat. and the rest of you belittle the effort by calling it 'playing with yourself' etc. it is a way to play the game without bothering anyone, something that pretty much any other play style will affect other players (grabbing/warring) and upset other players

ffa is a server, where if you want #1, you have to do something extraordinary with your countries. to win you must outplay every other player, in a server where everyone has 16 countries that can work together to help out 1 country. the top slot in this server will ALWAYS go to a country that got help from his other countries and/or clan mates.

buyouts/transfers/FA/self farming

there are many ways to netgain using those 4 methods, and those that are best at it, will finish at the top. and that is normally the aim of netting. why would you play a game and net, and not try to finish #1?

thats certainly my goal when i net. this is why i have the networth record, the land record, the most top 10's and the most top 1's in this server.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 10th 2011, 22:48:42

Originally posted by llaar:
if this take "no skill" then how come i'm the only one to have all these land records?

because you're the only one with no skill!
everyone else has awesome skills -- awesome to the point of not holding records :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 22:53:46

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by llaar:
if this take "no skill" then how come i'm the only one to have all these land records?

because you're the only one with no skill!
everyone else has awesome skills -- awesome to the point of not holding records :p

Lot of it had to do with the fact that LAE was the one alliance that was allied with everyone, and had the military power to force people who didnt want to ally, to ally ;)
As soon as people start grabbing much much harder to do that. Even if you DR, if you are stuck at work, or driving or whatever, and DR falls off even for a hour, people will hit you for TONS of land.
NBK

ou812 Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 23:14:19

I'd have loved to grab a 90 mil acre country. Then again I'd probably have been way out of range.

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 23:33:13

Talking about way beforehand, 90mil not doable really, a 500k acre country with a decently easy break, heck even a 100k acre country I would do :P
NBK