Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 17:47:19

Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify a few things quickly:

He doesn't really have a big footprint on the game itself, but he has some posts on the boards on Boxcar. Axa and I have pulled the relevant posts together -- I still need to turn them into a good format though.

If anyone has or wants more information, you can contact me at
If you sent a note out to the feds or media on the topic and they replied to you, please come see me on the IRC server or on a messenger
I'm waiting to speak to a friend's lawyer father first to see what's up before I get myself into hot water responding to the emails in my inbox from the media.

This is an immeasurable tragedy, and it pains me that someone from our close-knit community could be involved in such a heinous act.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 17:51:15

The media has contacted you?

Interesting
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 17:51:17

You actually getting a lot of media emails regarding this?
Smarter than your average bear.

kemo Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 17:58:41

screw the media. if anyone should talk to them it should be his friend speaker as he knew him best.
all praised to ra

Speaker Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 18:03:12

I need to clarify, Jared and I were friends for most of my life but throughout the past year we rarely spoke due to the fact I saw he was mental.

I've been getting harassed from news agencies for a while and today have really decided I'd say some things and tell some of Jared's stories. I'm amazed every time I see his 11th grade photo on the news.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 18:12:18

ya, I have nothing to say to the media on the subject.

I have posts which may be relevant to the feds or be news worthy, but if anyone wants to talk to me about him, it's a wasted effort. I didn't know him -- I'm just the operator of a site which he accessed, and all I can do is provide information to the proper authorities when asked.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

spawn Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 18:30:18

Pang, top this thread maybe
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

KeSSie Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 19:06:59

I agree with Kemo. The media is just thirsty to beef up their stories. They disgust me with their need to "get the scoop" ahead of their competition without regard to how this is affecting everyone involved.

Speaker, I can only imagine what thoughts and emotions are going through you right now with all this. I'm sorry that you're being subjected to this tragedy and the ensuing circus. I hope and pray for the families and friends of everyone involved that the chaos will be short-lived so that they're allowed to properly grieve and come to terms with what's happened.
EL YAY!

Thomas Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 19:41:22

How did the media even know to contact Pang?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 20:12:01

I have absolutely no clue.

I reviewed some of the posts he made and they're.... disturbing. Disturbing to the point I'm about to e-mail the FBI about it. Yikes.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 20:27:14

I suggest not e-mailing the Feds a bunch of extra information unless they specifically ask you for it. Whatever you have is more than likely the same as what the news stations have already regurgitated.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

oats Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 20:32:18

The links to youtube and the quotes splattered on every 'news' site are pathetic. I would hate to see these places have even more to throw around. Just because people eat it up doesn't mean nobody should exercise good judgment and stop putting it in the trough.

The sad thing is that these 'news' outlets manage to make money by popularizing this garbage, and that we give it to them to throw back to the masses.

Please don't go passing out whatever you have gathered up, except to proper authorities. It's inglorious to the greatest degree.

madjsp Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 20:32:49

I doubt it is the same. How would they get the information from within our boards? It's not like the media set up fake names.

He has been putting youtube videos on the web for about a month, we have how much information and rants from him?

And from what Speaker has been saying, there is a lot of information out there in the media from people who really didn't know him. Typical media; try to take as much information and spin it so that people listen to them. If they could only start getting the facts right, perhaps people would attempt to take them seriously.
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Marshal Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 21:18:41

next week: Earth Empires closed due FBI/CIA investigation.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Patience Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 21:20:38

Amen, oats. Let's not be part of the circus please.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 21:21:30

Originally posted by Marshal:
next week: Earth Empires closed due FBI/CIA investigation.

it's actually all on Boxcar :p

if anyone is thinking of releasing this stuff, please come see me first.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

SolidSnake Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 21:47:19

what was his ingame name?

edit: nevermind im blind

Junky Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 22:37:34

Earth Empires, and how it effects your children... tonight at 9
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 22:55:20

lol@junky

there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

AxAlar Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 23:22:50

*is following Pang's lead on this.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Devestation Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 0:38:27

Originally posted by oats:
The links to youtube and the quotes splattered on every 'news' site are pathetic. I would hate to see these places have even more to throw around. Just because people eat it up doesn't mean nobody should exercise good judgment and stop putting it in the trough.

The sad thing is that these 'news' outlets manage to make money by popularizing this garbage, and that we give it to them to throw back to the masses.

Please don't go passing out whatever you have gathered up, except to proper authorities. It's inglorious to the greatest degree.

I know at least one person is gonna look at me like I agree with this lunatic (I don't and frankly I hope they televise his execution so I can watch), but I wonder how much of the stuff the media used was actually taken out of context.

madjsp Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 1:47:52

Originally posted by Devestation:
Originally posted by oats:

I know at least one person is gonna look at me like I agree with this lunatic (I don't and frankly I hope they televise his execution so I can watch), but I wonder how much of the stuff the media used was actually taken out of context.

How often are they honest in what they hear?

EDIT: Err, How often is the media honest in portraying what they have heard correctly?

Edited By: madjsp on Jan 10th 2011, 2:25:32. Reason: my grammar sucks
See Original Post
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Riddler Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 2:22:45

I didnt know him either but Im thinking Pang maybe you can go to the media LOL lots of attention hehehe, its just too bad it has to come at such a travesty...

PraetorNLS Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 2:48:03

I got some emails from the media aswell, i looked thru his posts in GHQ and they are all pretty innocent, poems about dental hygiene, favoritt books etc, he did rant some on irc from time to time but nothing off interest imo.

Only way they got my email is thru someone here (looks like they pulled it from our site`s public contacts)

I feel the media is searching in the wrong places, but i guess every stone must be turned.
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 2:53:45

Originally posted by Riddler:
I didnt know him either but Im thinking Pang maybe you can go to the media LOL lots of attention hehehe, its just too bad it has to come at such a travesty...

Not even funny.
That is the kind of attention we do not need.
If the feds come looking that is one thing but otherwise I would just let it go.
All we need is this game being labeled some kind of den of evil.

swampy Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 3:07:32

they would have enough evidence on him anyway, just media being greedy in info that they can claim, all about who can dish up the dirt on a big story.

if feds want info they will ask, but im sure they will go through his computer and find it on there. just sad really that it has happened and lives are lost, unfortunate that he so happened to play this game and most of us spoke to him and now this happened. life is twisted for sure.

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 3:12:26

The information wouldn't be used for evidence, in all likelihood it would be used for profiling purposes and future case studies.

Either way they have been informed and if they want the information they will come asking. To my knowledge they have yet to do so.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 3:23:28

Originally posted by mrford:
The information wouldn't be used for evidence, in all likelihood it would be used for profiling purposes and future case studies.

Yeah, that's just what we need as well. Jared Lee Loughner, killed 6 people during a political meet-and-greet session. Played an old, text-based military game called Earth:2025 for 5 years before playing Earth:Empires, a similar game built by players of the Earth:2025 game as it was shut down. Experts speculate that the political rants he posted on private web sites linked to the games, coupled with his forced removal from said web sites were factors in his decision to commit mass murder.

Yep, exactly what we need...(river of sarcasm)
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

gwagers Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 3:44:30

The media might take it like that, but anyone dealing with a case study would likely be expected to know better.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 10th 2011, 4:02:51

ya, i'm more concerned with gwagers' reasoning than with the media's reaction

all I want to do is ensure that the information gets in the hands of those who need it before its added to the circus of media attention that it will inevitably get.

some of the stuff he posted WOULD be useful for psych experts to review!

Edited By: Pang on Jan 10th 2011, 5:45:50
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Ozzite Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 5:32:40

damnit, I just lost the game :(
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Riddler Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 12:48:02

IRONMAN, dude I was laughing about the possibility of "The media and FBI" getting the game referrals, not about the crap this guy pulled. and I wasnt joking about that stuff at all, so dont get yer panties in a bunch alright? Just trying to keep the mood, light, no need in everyone here getting all freaked out about the FBI possibly looking into all of our computers

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 13:08:54

does this mean that all the psychotic gun toting murdering bastages in the Earth community have been ferreted out?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

BlackMamba Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 13:52:33

Hillary Clinton is going to be on the news talking about the dangers of text based games and how the have negative influence on mental development.

Earth Empires is going to be shut down because it encourages people to committ artillary barrages on neighboring countries with their homemade tanks :p

You can never underestimate the stupidity of the media or politicans scapegoating capacities.

KyleCleric Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 13:55:45

There are a lot of infamous news worthy acts every year and over the years many, many members of this community. It was inevitable that a member would do something on this level.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

BlackMamba Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 14:03:06

This story makes me wonder what's going on with Anthony Ciolli now a days, lmao.

Well this community has former congressmen and senators who have played it as well as a famous actress. So it's pretty diverse...

Although the large contingent of players are now a days a bunch of developers working in the tech industry and a couple of entrepreneurs.

BlackMamba Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 14:06:37

I think some junior staffers in politics might enjoy alliance game politics though :p earth empires (e2025) Alliance Server politics can be just as vicious as real life politics lol

BlackMamba Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 14:16:30

Who person created a webforum that has had more racist rants Anthony Ciolli and his law school forum or Chris Poole of 4chan?

Who is the better political strategist: thefloyd or Karl Rove?

Who is the bigger loudmouth: dagga or James Carville?

trumper Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 14:20:31

Originally posted by BlackMamba:
I think some junior staffers in politics might enjoy alliance game politics though :p earth empires (e2025) Alliance Server politics can be just as vicious as real life politics lol

There is some truth to this at least in the manner of seeing human nature and understanding it. I would say the politics of 5-10 years ago was more helpful than the politics of today (too small now that its more theatre than politics).

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 14:22:33

http://atarchive.gotdns.org:8080/...did=at-archive&spec=0

All the politics you'll ever want.

Oh, and for a graphical representation of said politics:

http://evolution2025.com/gen2.GIF

Edited By: NukEvil on Jan 10th 2011, 14:50:38

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2011, 14:59:33

dont get sued by him though

messages he may have sent to others for example might not be the best thing to release

forum posts are probably fine though

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 15:19:47

Sued by him? Impossible if the information was requested, even demanded by, a federal agency.

In addition, he kinda lost all rights when he murdered 6 people and injured 14 others. Killing a 9 year old girl and a federal judge, among others, and the attempted murder of a sitting congress member? If he is labled a terrorist he will have the same rights as the people that were heals at gitmo for years. None.

Lol yeah sure him sueing this game has a high likelyhood.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xintros Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 15:27:34

"His compatriots in an online website for computer gamers—some who'd known him virtually for years— grew concerned last year about his controversial postings on the game sites, several of the game players said over email Sunday. In April, Mr. Loughner was removed from an alliance of players in the game "Earth:Empires."

http://online.wsj.com/...l?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 15:37:29

And so it has begun
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 10th 2011, 15:49:32

ya, speaker -- who knows him IRL -- has been interviewed, I believe.

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2011, 16:06:07

well assuming he doesnt get death penalty people in jail for 6 murders tend to have a lot of time to take up and lawsuits can be a popular past time

take the wikileaks/twitter thing happening at the moment, giving out info about an icelandic mp might be a bit risky given that iceland is pretty strong about whistleblower protection

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 16:14:55

The only thing that would prevent the death penalty for him would be a succesfull insanity plea.

The things found in his house depicting clear pre-meditation on his part might hinder that plea attempt.

It's a simple truth. 6 counts of murder one was a federal judge, and attempted assasination. Not a easy road he has ahead.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xintros Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 17:31:06

What We Know About Jared Lee Loughner
By John Hudson
Monday, January 10, 2011 | 11:08 a.m.
"A Devoted Gamer" <- Its just a quote from the link I posted above, but I believe this is going to spread more and there will be a lot of hits on this site/thread.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/...red-lee-loughner-20110110

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Someone also put a link on a gaming forum (off topic) to here. There is tons of political rambling going on there.

http://www.neogaf.com/....php?t=418145&page=37

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 17:33:21

Sigh...what we need are new players to the game, not recognition for unwittingly containing a mass-murderer in our community...

Klown Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 17:36:56

We should not give the media information. FBI, yes, media, no. IMO, mass shooters like Loughner are caused in large part by the media circus that surrounds the events. These lunatics think they have something important to say even though its just psychotic babble. They know that if they commit an atrocity like this, everyone will read the crap they've written and said because of the 24/7 media coverage. The media encourages it by reporting on every word.