Verified:

WH Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 2:28:58

is this against the rules? say for example you made a pact with someone a few sets ago recognize there name and pact again. then someone farms the crap outta you and you retalliate is it against the rules to look at the news feed notice other countries and send the breaks to them ingame? i have found allies in express i have no clue what 1a clan they belong to but sometimes are interest coincide.

WH Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 2:48:22

and say for instance you find that one of the people that helped you finish someone off is then having problems with someone else and they ingame msg you to see if you can help since your set is already ruined is it against the rules to help them? its all going ingame and not organized outside. im sure everyone has friends in express they play with but im speaking more of random people you play with.

synoder Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 3:38:23

I dont think that is against the rules. At least I hope not cause I just did it yesterday. lol

Pain Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 3:56:28

nah its not against the rules. as long as all correspondence is being done in game.
Your mother is a nice woman

Thomas Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 4:21:14

It's tough to tell if they're coordinating outside the game. I'm being suicided by 2 guys for doing nothing to either of them. No way to tell if that's just 2 guys running around hitting people or coordinating outside the game. Unless they come out and actually say it, it's very difficult to prove.

Drinks Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 5:04:39

We just hope the mods are awesome enough to find them and delete them if they are cheating.

If they are coordinating in game. Then thats just the game.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

joedro Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 8:18:04

what about coordinating you selfs in IRC, a chat between people so we can communicate effectively, with no forums and 90% of the talking is done ingame all except the killing is done ingame?
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

Pain Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 9:02:25

using anything outside the game for communication aside from finding allies is against the rules.
Your mother is a nice woman

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 8th 2011, 9:17:38

get caught using irc to do killing runs and you will get deleted
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

ponderer Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 12:22:14

what about using eestats?
m0m0rific

Helmet Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 12:51:47

I think the rule is if you do anything that makes you look like a cheater/rule breaker, you run the risk of being deleted so you have no right to cry if it happens.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 8th 2011, 13:04:32

well pond my question is this

IF you have no beef with a country that is currently getting hit why do you need eestats to join in??

if your helping an ally and are talking ingame, why would you be looking at eestats to join in
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

synoder Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 13:17:39

well I used eestats to find other countries that the guy I was hitting farmed. He hit me like 6x but was in GDI so my allies could not help with the kr. So I went on eestats and saw that he farmed 3 other guys so I sent them messages. I guess I could have used the ingame search but eestats is easier.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 8th 2011, 13:27:10

in the way you mention synoder , its not a problem
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 8th 2011, 16:11:46

not that i want this, but you may as well stop the ee news bot showing news on ee's irc server for express. i mean, if u're not allowed to use irc for war purposes, wy allow it for netgainers? bit of a double standard.

I've met a few friends from the irc channel itself. not that i have done this, but if i was talking to one of them on irc, i wouldn't make them login to express to discuss express via ingame message. just seems a waste of time when its so much easier to talk to them on irc.

Organising kill runs for the sake of just running a kill run shouldnt be allowed be it oganised on irc or ingame msg, unless the country being killed asked for it(know a few clans in alliance who would use speed of express to pactice kr's on their own members, thus not effecting other express'rs)
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

synoder Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 16:19:13

I had the same question, I usually ally with members of my FFA clan and if I am on the irc channel with them what's the difference between messaging them in game and messaging them in irc? I know the line has to be drawn somewhere, just not sure where that line is I guess.

joedro Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 19:09:48

Originally posted by iZarcon:
not that i want this, but you may as well stop the ee news bot showing news on ee's irc server for express. i mean, if u're not allowed to use irc for war purposes, wy allow it for netgainers? bit of a double standard.

I've met a few friends from the irc channel itself. not that i have done this, but if i was talking to one of them on irc, i wouldn't make them login to express to discuss express via ingame message. just seems a waste of time when its so much easier to talk to them on irc.

Organising kill runs for the sake of just running a kill run shouldnt be allowed be it oganised on irc or ingame msg, unless the country being killed asked for it(know a few clans in alliance who would use speed of express to pactice kr's on their own members, thus not effecting other express'rs)

the only reason i would do this is so i wouldnth have to keep hitting the refresh button to see the new messages button, with IRC can can just wait for the *bing. Its freaking retarded that I cant just chat with him.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 19:14:08

Originally posted by iZarcon:

wait a minute, the admins are actively providing a way for cheaters to abuse the system and get deleted because they used the tools that the admins provided?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

joedro Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 4:37:16

and they have nothing to say

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 9th 2011, 4:46:12

hey guys if you wan tto go and blame someone, then go and yell at the players who used IRC for killing runs earlier on in express,

then you can go blame or thank ( whichever side you are on)
your express buddy lincoln for getting moderators to take a closer look at the ways countries were killed

Edited By: Warster on Jan 9th 2011, 8:23:30
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 7:35:07

To my knowledge no one has been deleted for simply cherrypicking a kill. The game moderators have access to a lot more information than you guys do.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 8:05:11

Originally posted by Warster:
get caught using irc to do killing runs and you will get deleted

was just responding to that post, slagpit. Probably should have quoted it.

I understand that countries arent deleted for simply using tools like irc, but for abusing them.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 9th 2011, 8:18:53

they get deleted for using IRC to do killing run chats when killing in express

that is classed as an organized killing run
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 8:49:31

not wanting to argue here, but you can 'organise' a kr through ingame msg.

I mean, an organised kill run is pretty obvious when looking at the news and taking into account speed of the kill. a few minuts involving 2 or more countries is obv clan style oganised. but if kr takes an hr or something... why does it matter if they used irc or ingame msg?
-iZarcon
EE Developer

joedro Game profile

Jan 9th 2011, 9:35:57

why does it matter period if they useirc we can ingame when we will be there and chat about it in an PM so we can hit at the same time and not waste our turns if some one gets online durring the hour. we could messgage via in game but who wants to keep hitting refresh button to see if they are ready. or even there

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 9th 2011, 10:54:09

as per usual no matter what we do someone will complain

if we stop organized killing run, people complain
if we dont stop them, people complain

the whole point is to make sure its a solo server , generally on solo servers there shouldnt be killing runs.

AB or BR runs should do enough damage to get ur point across, but in express you should be able to basically kill someone on ur own.

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 12:42:19

not complaining that killruns are against the solo server rules. just making a point that irc isnt the problem. games like this thrive on player interaction and irc is great for that.

A few people goin around just to kill others is a bit annoying and i'm glad its not within the rules. i'm happy we have active mods and admins. those who want to actively group together to kill other countries should try their hand at a clanned server.

irc isn't the problem.
-iZarcon
EE Developer