Verified:

synoder Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:34:14

NBK only pacted with alliances that said they were not going to self farm so I am sure there is an irc log around that has it.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 6th 2011, 2:35:28

thats a load of crap

Kill4free told me that if TKO and PAn didnt agree that NBK would sign KA/LAE and only hit PAN and TKO
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:35:37

FFAT isnt the place to discuss Self Farming issues with allies.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:37:26

We did say we would only ally non self farming alliances.

And I did say if TKO and Pan self farmed, they would take the brunt of our hits (Since they would have the worst land to defense ratio, it is only natural).

Passed that, I will not discuss any of the issues that are happening at the moment on FFAT, and NBKers will not respond to said issues.
NBK

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:38:14

Originally posted by synoder:
warster you are in tko right? Pan also said the same so that means NBK,IMP,Swords,BSS,TKO,PAN (KA I think) all would agree to not self farm. I am sure that is enough to enfore a self farm=kill policy.

PANLV, TKO, NBK, IMP, SWORDS and BSS are a big enough group to enforce self farm = kill policy. (KA might also be in this group and not the next group)

Even if that meant enforcing it on KA, FoCuS and SOF. I highly doubt it would come to that. But I'd put the 1st group up against the 2nd group any day. We would just need 100% commitment from the all the clans in that 1st group.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:40:37

Originally posted by synoder:
warster you are in tko right? Pan also said the same so that means NBK,IMP,Swords,BSS,TKO,PAN (KA I think) all would agree to not self farm. I am sure that is enough to enfore a self farm=kill policy.

w00t, The Fallen can Self Farm!

Also, its easy to fix self farming.

If every alliance in the game (primarily the big ones) were small ( say 64 at the most (4 players)) then there would be more people around to LG... say for the sake of argument, NBK = 300 (countries), Swords = 250, KA = 250, SoF = 200, ect

Since all these players in the alliances dont self farm, yet are in alliances that mostly pact to each other, they try to say what ever the hell they want to justify farming or warring each other, cause the Alliances are mostly pacted to everyone else

so, in summary...

Small Alliances = More Alliances = More Land = More Diversity amoung the server, certain people can pact half the server, the other half can war, ect.
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:42:02

We do not need a self farm kill policy. What we need is people actively grabbing other clans, then unless you are DR'ed 100% of the time and don't slip up, you will lose a ton of land.

(Pan slipped up once in their DR, cost em 10k acres in a few minutes, this was near start of set)

I am not saying self farming is good, but if enough people ban it, then actively grab other clans, problem will take care of itself.
NBK

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:43:34

I like the self farm = kill policy

As long as PANLV, TKO, NBK, IMP, SWORDS, and BSS are willing to commit to it. I believe KA will commit to it as well, not sure if they will hold up to that agreement or not. Regardless, those clans listed are big enough that if were unified on a policy, we could enforce it on the rest of the server. Including KA/LAE if neccessary.

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:43:58

SaV, NBK grabbed more land in 1 week, then all of the land grabbed between alliances probably since start of this set (So excluding self farming). Once we went to war the self farming got crazy. The only issues are, people like to ally to everyone, and dont like to grab. NBK has neither problem :D and we will continue that tradition.
NBK

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:45:33

Swords only pacts Non Self Farming clans. So grabbing Self Farming clans is not a problem for us either.

Although it doesnt help when we are still having our restarts killed lol

Havoc Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:47:07

Another thing to consider is that if self-farming was completing eliminated, there would be SIGNIFICANTLY less land in the server as a whole, and in turn there would be less grabbing, and less quality grab targets, and more people like myself would be forced to play all explore countries.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 2:48:20

LOL k4f of course the farming went crazy, we knew NBK wont get grabbing lol

nah it had more to do with the fact TKO farms generally week3 thru week 5
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 2:49:06

plus self farming is quicker then finding targets in other alliances
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:50:49

I have no real problem with self farming, other then takes less skill. But if enough people actively grabbed (I know.. Obsolete) then it wouldnt be an issue.

If there were 2 NBK's both grabbing what 1 NBK usually does, self farming would be damn near solved overnight ;)
NBK

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:52:04

Havoc that is not true at all.

The game recorded alot of extremely high NW countrys before self farming was a popular netting method.

PANLV, TKO and the rest of the netters will still be able to net. They just have to do it a little bit differently.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 2:53:23

you mean we will have to net like we do in alliance??
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Popcom Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:54:25

more importantly, high NW took skill before u just self farmed to 1 mill acres.
if u can get 200 mill nw on 20k acres thats a lot more impressive then 800 mill on 500k acres imo
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:57:11

just think tho

If all alliances were small, and set a number of pacts (say 10 in total) there would still be plenty of alliances left to grab.

If people don't want to do FA, which is easy :P then alliances like NBK, can just create the tags, NBKx(division) and the NBK FA's will decide to get the pacts for what division, that also includes pacting the divisions with each other... its more of a pain in the ass tho, but it does 2 things... 1. gives the FA more work to do, 2. helps create more alliances and more land to grab...

So say NBK has 3 divisions, NBKxKitty, NBKxPuppy, NBKxNBK (or what ever fits in) then NBKxKittry and pact NBKxNBK and 9 others, ect...

So then where you guys dont war, your divisions can war each other :P

Or people can war just 1 of your divisions if they dont like 1 person, instead of warring the whole clan cause they dont like 1 person

Edited By: SaRaveok on Jan 6th 2011, 3:13:47
See Original Post
General of The Fallen
MSN:

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:57:33

"plus self farming is quicker then finding targets in other alliances"

Every computer comes with Free Cell or Solitaire.

Part of the enjoyment of the game is the interaction between players, both leaders and grunts.

If all you do is log in, self farm and AB for DR, spend 30 minutes talking in your IRC channel about how fat your countries are getting and log off.......

Why bother?

Whats in it for new players?

How do you sustain the game?

Yawn.......

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 2:57:51

only LAE has had countries that size

this is the first reset tko had a country over 300k land and it was only 1
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

kemo Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:58:16

i think if you drop self farmin then the inter clan hits cap should go up
all praised to ra

Havoc Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:58:27

Yeah smurf, people did fluff like FA chains and buyouts.. which you guys would still complain about.

And what warster said.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:59:37

Splitting up tags is a slippery slope ;) Involves a whole slew of politics, cross retals? Joining up for war? Ok to do a combined total of 15 hits a day on every alliance?

Lots of things that can go wrong. We at NBK love causing drama, we just don't like to deal with it!
NBK

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 2:59:57

umm TKo doesnt use IRC at all as an alliance, our players log in, check the boards , play their countries ,log off and go and do other things

i'm the only TKO member that is active on the boards and IRC
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:02:13

If I attacked as much as I was capable of before the war, a lot more people would be mad, but self farming woulda been solved!
NBK

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 3:07:01

Originally posted by UncleFiat:
"plus self farming is quicker then finding targets in other alliances"

Every computer comes with Free Cell or Solitaire.

Part of the enjoyment of the game is the interaction between players, both leaders and grunts.

If all you do is log in, self farm and AB for DR, spend 30 minutes talking in your IRC channel about how fat your countries are getting and log off.......

Why bother?

Whats in it for new players?

How do you sustain the game?

Yawn.......

ok we will do our 3300 grabs on all the new players, how long do you think they will play for????
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

synoder Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:09:26

Self farming is definetely better than farming new players. I will give you that much ;)

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:09:33

Right before I had to war, I had most of the DR, and common login times for all the big farmers marked down. They always crack, my only regret is that I can't attack same country more then once by our rules.

If anyone wants information on available targets so they can grab next set, I can always keep people informed :D
NBK

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:09:37

"umm TKo doesnt use IRC at all as an alliance, our players log in, check the boards , play their countries ,log off and go and do other things

i'm the only TKO member that is active on the boards and IRC"

So you guys don't even talk to each other let alone other players in the game.

Sounds like a big part of the original game is gone here.

Yall have a pretty active board and I give you credit for that but the game side seems messed up.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 3:12:14

oh we talk, i talk to them all on MSN and one on IRC

and post stuff on our forum but none of us have time to idle in IRC to chat.

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:12:33

Well they used to be in AoDT, before we killed em. Warster only real person we trust from there (Although I trust Ketchup). They earned the right to net IMO, but NBK will grab em as long as it is to our advantage, we generally only do smart grabs.
NBK

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:13:57

"ok we will do our 3300 grabs on all the new players, how long do you think they will play for????"

Most if not all new players experience this.

It's what drives them to be better players, join tags, learn from veterans, learn strats etc.

Think back to your early days playing the game.

I'd be surprised if this didn't happen to you as well.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 3:16:29

and not everyone wants to be online 2 - 3 hours a day "talking" to other players

its not the same as 5 years ago when most of TKO members were either still in school and had plenty of time to play and talk

like you said earlier you dont know me, outside of talking to other leaders when i need to, in the old earth i didnt talk to anyone outside my own alliance, rarely made posts on the earth boards

only reason i do now is a) i'm now the face on my alliance B) i'm a mod so i do more posting cos of that

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 3:18:26

nope didnt happen to me cos there were 25000+ players on the server and i joined a tag straight away
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:18:36

My first time playing FFA, I made my own clan, knowing no one, but I knew how to play (Had the top 10 countries for most of the set) so all the newbs would message the top then join NOMERCY. I did not understand retals, so I did either 1 PS or 2 AB retal depending on available military to any clanmate that was hit.

Swords then wanted to kill me, and ICD stepped in, and said they would kill them if they touched me.

Later that set merged into a clan with its name decided as NBK as Co-Leader.

Miss those days, lol.
NBK

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:18:51

Originally posted by Kill4Free:
Splitting up tags is a slippery slope ;) Involves a whole slew of politics, cross retals? Joining up for war? Ok to do a combined total of 15 hits a day on every alliance?

Lots of things that can go wrong. We at NBK love causing drama, we just don't like to deal with it!

each tag would be responsible for their own retals, and actions.

say NBKxNBK "retals" a hit for NBKxPuppies, its a Land Grab, cause they arnt in the same tag
General of The Fallen
MSN:

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:20:59

NBK has a lot of enemies, and it is pretty much guaranteed that if we did that, we would have 3 or 4 smaller clans each declaring war on each subtag. NBK's strength is teamwork, and we can't work effectively as a team while split up.

It just simply will not work.
NBK

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 3:21:58

when i was first playing ffa was years after i started in alliance

only came to ffa to test strats,

got grabbed by an alliance called KoJ, or Knights of Justice, i retaled , they asked me to join so i did , the following reset we merged into another alliance and started TKO, i was made head of war
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 3:23:11

i miss the days where grabbing was easy cos of huge amounts of targets
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:30:25

Your Missing the Point Tho!

IF all alliances had 4 members max (64 countries), Yes, some would have less.

It would be more even, 64 v 64 instead of 160 v 300.

If NBK claims they are the best killers on the server, it proves they are only the best when the odds are stacked in their favour via more members.

But how well do they fight when the numbers are even?
General of The Fallen
MSN:

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:31:25

I hear and agree with you.

I remember the obligations as a clan leader. At times it was more like work than an online game.

Time is tough and putting it into an online game is probably harder for most.

I guess I just need to decide if this new version of the game is worth putting said limited time.

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:31:26

Wtf dude, did you even look at NBK's grabbing record for the previous 2 weeks from war start?
There are always targets, but people shoehorn their alliances into positions where they are allied to everyone!

Sure NBK might be on the end of a bad gangbang and no option against it at some point. But unless they plan on gangbanging us every set, all set. They will die one by one, we would have a great time to be given a free 6 months of killing :D
NBK

kemo Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:32:39

if you want a server full of small tags go play team
all praised to ra

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:34:59

Originally posted by Kill4Free:
Wtf dude, did you even look at NBK's grabbing record for the previous 2 weeks from war start?
There are always targets, but people shoehorn their alliances into positions where they are allied to everyone!

No i didnt look, cause i really CBA :P

and thats why if there are only 10 pacts per alliance, there would be no self farming, plenty of targets to choose from
General of The Fallen
MSN:

KyleCleric Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 4:00:12

TKO breaks are ridiculous. The biggest country has a 15M jet break. The rest in the 60k acre range are about 5m to 6m. Buy up defense.

Panlv's breaks on similar countries are closer to 30m jet on the biggest countries and 15m on the smaller countries.

This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 4:22:35

And only reason this happened is cause NBK went to war. Keep in mind that 3 weeks ago, I could break a 15mil jet break raw, with any of my countries.

They are getting it easy, but it will not last.
NBK

KyleCleric Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 4:28:23

i know. it shouldn't last. that's what i would like to see; buying up in those countries.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 5:48:09

so RAW you say, that means no tech and no allies

i dont believe that
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

KyleCleric Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 5:54:42

it doesn't matter whether it's a raw break or not. 5m is 5m.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 5:59:37

kyle i was talking about k4f being able to break 15 mil jet RAW at week 3
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332