Verified:

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 0:44:31

Is self farming considered netting?

I always thought it was a form of masturbation or playing with yourself.

For the heck of it, I just spy op'ed a self farming tags country on one of my score screens.

1.5 Bil Cash, Crap load of food on hand, 350 turrets and 25 troops on 19k land.

Do they agree to FA pacted alliances to keep from being farmed?

Why pact them if you know they are gonna run low mil fatties?

If they end up with the top country, do they still "win" or does everyone put an asterisk by their countries due to the self farming?

How boring is it to self farm all set? What is the challenge?

+
+
+
+

Is there any way to get news without the self farming clogging it up?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 6th 2011, 0:47:59

well i'm guessing you are refering to TKO

those 19K land countries were a member who was going away and wasnt going to be on for the end of reset so he dropped his defence for the rest of the alliance to farm

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 0:50:26

and you can blame LAE for the self farming, all the other netting alliance had to start to be able to compete

we have been asked to stop and we have always replied with, "you get every other alliance to agree not to do it and we will stop" you'll find pan has the same reply
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 0:54:42

if u self farm should you have the right to set a limit on how much other tags can grab you?

Twain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:00:23

If you're getting at the 5 in one day policy, I would say you're doing pretty well if you're getting 5 hits in per day.

However, I do think we're getting closer to less self-farming.

Dragon Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:04:53

Yes you should. There is no connection between how much I grab myself and how much you grab me.

If I self farm, that does not mean you have some right to take that land. Let's look at this at the end of Occam's Razor.

The whole idea behind self farming is to gain easy land. SO, if you grab a low defense self farmer, what are you doing? Gaining easy land.

I see some folks condemn self farming, but those same people don't have any reservations about relieving those self farmers of land on easy hits. There are a bunch of hypocrites in this game.

The simple truth is that if I hate self farming, I certainly should have the personal integrity to not do the same thing as they do and grab self farmers. That's where the argument against self farming breaks down. People are very willing to complain about and condemn self farmers but certainly don't feel bad about helping themselves to that easy land. All THEY are is a self farmer by proxy.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 1:07:26

so its ok for a non self farming alliance like NBK to limit how many hits they get a day yet if a self farming alliance does the same and you say we are wrong to do so
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 1:14:23

we have no problem with grabs

but when an alliance does it 16 in 4 days

11 of them in the last 2 days

7 in the last 24 hrs

we do get annoyed

52 grabs have been done by IMP on TKO this reset
tko has done 1 grab on IMP
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:16:23

Dragon

Back in the day you were the anti self-farming crusader.

What happened?

Or is this a different Dragon?

How much skill does self-farming take?

What enjoyment can be gained from the game self farming all your turns?

And if a country self farms, has no defence....

Why aren't people grabbing them? Is there some FA deal?

Why explore or sell mil when theirs a TKO country on your score sheet.

Self farming by proxy if I grab a self farmer?

No......not even close.

Dragon Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:18:45

That all depends on the server's self farming clans' willingness to tolerate the actions of a clan like NBK and its ability to enforce any intolerance.

But I know for a fact that if my clan can hand NBK's ass to it every time they decide top feeding self farmers is a super idea, they'll either have a war every set or find a weaker target.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. The likely scenario is that a clan like, say PANLV, will eat a couple top feeds by the guys in NBK that have cases of penis envy as a cost of doing business and move on after a successful retal regardless of land exchange.

Twain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:20:58

IMP has every right to grab whoever they want that they're not pacted with.

However, if they intend to grab more than 5 times a day, a reasonable standard which NBK put out there and obviously both PAN and TKO agree with, then IMP should be prepared to fight for their right to hit more often without expecting escalating retals.

Of course, that's pretty much true for any policy anyone intends to impose in this game, so I haven't really said anything new here. :P

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:21:28

Why would TKO grab anyone else with all the land passing back and forth between their fat no defense countries and knowing the defense in their "targets"?

And what happens when a self farmer grabs an outside tag. Must get dicey when the target retals and the land has moved all over the tag.

Self Farmers getting annoyed doesn't concern me in the least. It's not a valid "strat" with minimal skill set.

What should annoy you is having to justify the masturbation.

Dragon Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:22:46

Originally posted by UncleFiat:
Dragon

Back in the day you were the anti self-farming crusader.

What happened?

Or is this a different Dragon?

How much skill does self-farming take?

What enjoyment can be gained from the game self farming all your turns?

And if a country self farms, has no defence....

Why aren't people grabbing them? Is there some FA deal?

Why explore or sell mil when theirs a TKO country on your score sheet.

Self farming by proxy if I grab a self farmer?

No......not even close.

Nope. Same Dragon. I think the biggest difference is that the target list is about 10 times smaller than back in the day, and everyone thinks they need to pact up with as many clans as possible.

I personally don't think that self farming indicates any player's skill level, but if they do it, I'm not going to judge them in this environment.

And yes, Fiat. Grabbing low defense self farmers IS the same thing as self farming and you know it. You just find it easier o justify.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 1:23:19

Fiat you dont use all ur turns self farming

the smart way is to get to about 15K land then do 2 hits per country thats it, you never use all your turns self farming

you would notice that most of the self farmers in TKO only self farm to 50K land and then stop
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 1:27:55

i will state it again

you get EVERY alliance to agree not to do it and we will stop

its that simple,

IMP and NBK only have themselves to blame, while hitting our fat self farmers in the past reset, they pacted out LAE the worse offender of it
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Twain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:32:46

And not necessarily to speak for Dragon, but to speak as one of those people who didn't like self-farming and has since utilized it, it's more a pragmatic view.

The folks in LaE were the big boys on the server and no one wanted to mess with them, because they were great netters and although they were never tested, they had a lot of good warriors too and most likely could have put up a mean fight.

If alliances like PAN and TKO wanted to compete for TNW, ANW, Top 10s and even Top 100s, they either would have to declare war on LaE or resort to self-farming as well. Being netting clans with little interest in warring (not to mention, being in PAN now, I can say I believe we were pacted to LaE pretty much every set, so it would have broken a pact), war was unlikely, so more clans self-farmed. It especially spread around the server after the LaE cheating scandal, which redistributed a significant amount of the netting talent on the server, but also redistributed a lot of people who wanted to self-farm.

As Warster said, if all the major clans were willing to put severe limits on self-farming, I'd be willing to fight for that in PAN as well. However, part of the fun of this game for me is trying to get top 10 countries and trying to help my alliance win TNW. If I'm unable to compete without self-farming, it becomes less fun for me.

Besides, ultimately, there's always going to be a new reason to complain about how someone got a huge country.

Someone does a huge oil buyout? Put an asterisk next to it!
Someone self-farms up to 5M acres and wins the set by basically stockpiling land? Put an asterisk next to it!

What if I get together with a friend in TKO and we trade hits all set long to build up ghost acres and get fat? Is that worthy of an asterisk?

Ultimately, someone's always going to have a problem with how someone else plays.

Just play the game in a way that is within the rules and makes you happy. If anyone else has a problem with you for doing that, screw them.

mrford Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:39:08

I know when llaar and other lares self farmed no one messed with them too often because lae had over 200 war ready countries in addition to the netters

and yes this was after the deletions

you pact them the same reason you pact any other clan, you don't wanna war them.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 1:40:35

see we have no issue with NBK's approach, they came to us discussed what they were after , we told them where we stood , they do a few hits here and there

they rarely hit targets where a good tyr couldnt get most of it back with ghost acres,

they gained land, we gained alot of the time

IMP on the other hand just go for the big hit
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:41:02

Actually haven't touched a self farmer, just trying to figure out what happened to the game. Back in the day, if a country 2 ranks above you had more than 3 times the land with basically no defence & and an all jetter, people tripped over each other grabbing it.

Just trying to figure out the mindset of the server and trying to decide how I have to adapt my playing style on this server.

There has to be a reason why everyone has lost their balls here.

Oh and its very gracious of them to limit themselves to 50k acres. I suppose they would get sore from max turn masturbation.
<sarcasm intended>

What do they do with the rest of their turns, obviously they don't build up the acres.

Basically I'm trying to decide if this server is worth the effort if I'm not comfortable with the self-farming.

Where is the challenge? Even if I build some decent countries, I don't stand a chance in war or net worth against clans that self-farm. Is it worth playing turns?

Why not implement a rule limiting / eliminating self-farming to level the field or give the mastubators their own server so they can ........I better stop there.

Instead of calling this FFA, call it the masturbators server and make one without self-farming and bring back the challenge of building a decent country.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:43:16

I Agree... Self Farming is dumb and we should all work to eliminate it.

Unfortunately there are only a few clans that will hold firm to No Self Farming. NBK, IMP, Swords and BSS at the moment.

I think the best thing for us to do, as clans that do not Self Farm, is show others that it is possible to war and net without doing it.

Best way to set an example is to lead by example.

Swords will be adding a "No Self Farming" Clause to all our pacts. If a clan pacted with Swords and is found to be Self Farming, we will drop that pact immediately.

I encourage other "Non Self Farming" clans to do the same.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

EViL

Jan 6th 2011, 1:43:23

If you cannot defend your land then prepare to have it taken.

NBK gets away with their policy because they 1) Don't self farm and 2) have defense on their bigger countries.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 1:49:21

fiat your full of it, most TKO have fully built countries

the only one that isnt fully built is the 312K land one
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Dragon Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:51:26

Originally posted by EViL:
If you cannot defend your land then prepare to have it taken.

NBK gets away with their policy because they 1) Don't self farm and 2) have defense on their bigger countries.

You like to say that, but the truth is that NBK will buy up enough jets to break a self farmer even if well defended and then claim it was an undefeded target.

Your argument is bullfluff.

Popcom Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:51:38

Fiat, please PM the the country #s so i can LG. :)
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:52:39

Assuming that people abide by the 16 country rule, 10 hits each within your countries makes it around 160 SS/PS's.

Telling me that I can only grab one of yours once or heaven forbid twice in a day after you masturbate 160 times is ridiculous.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 1:52:46

its a known fact that no matter how much defence you have someone will buy up and break you
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 1:55:58

Fiat you just have shown you have no idea how selffarming works
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Twain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:56:43

Also true. I think it'd be nice if we could all come together to agree on guidelines for what a "jetter" might be and agree that running jetters for the purposes of land-grabbing isn't really all that cool.

I'm totally with the idea that you should defend your land or expect it to be parted from you, but I know we've had guys who have run VERY high defense and been broken by people running 90% jets. With 3 off. allies to 2 def. and the PS attack bonus, it's nearly impossible to defend yourself from someone who's really motivated to break you.

If we could limit self-farming and could agree on a threshold for what a "jetter" is, I'd be happier.

But then, if that doesn't happen, I'll keep playing the way I currently play and just see how things go. :)

synoder Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 1:57:11

Originally posted by Dragon:
Yes you should. There is no connection between how much I grab myself and how much you grab me.

If I self farm, that does not mean you have some right to take that land. Let's look at this at the end of Occam's Razor.

The whole idea behind self farming is to gain easy land. SO, if you grab a low defense self farmer, what are you doing? Gaining easy land.

I see some folks condemn self farming, but those same people don't have any reservations about relieving those self farmers of land on easy hits. There are a bunch of hypocrites in this game.

The simple truth is that if I hate self farming, I certainly should have the personal integrity to not do the same thing as they do and grab self farmers. That's where the argument against self farming breaks down. People are very willing to complain about and condemn self farmers but certainly don't feel bad about helping themselves to that easy land. All THEY are is a self farmer by proxy.

So if I don't agree with self farming and grab self farmers for land I am a hyprocrite? So I am only allowed to go all-x or hit the few people who don't self farm? Your agurment has more holes then my grandma's socks. I will agree that self farmers are easy targets but I have to get land from somewhere and it makes sense to get it from landfat low military countries. I dont really care if they are self farming or not, I am gonna hit whoever I can to get the most return. Those targets just happen to be self farmers more often than not.

EViL

Jan 6th 2011, 1:59:08

Originally posted by Twain:
Also true. I think it'd be nice if we could all come together to agree on guidelines for what a "jetter" might be and agree that running jetters for the purposes of land-grabbing isn't really all that cool.

I'm totally with the idea that you should defend your land or expect it to be parted from you, but I know we've had guys who have run VERY high defense and been broken by people running 90% jets. With 3 off. allies to 2 def. and the PS attack bonus, it's nearly impossible to defend yourself from someone who's really motivated to break you.

If we could limit self-farming and could agree on a threshold for what a "jetter" is, I'd be happier.

But then, if that doesn't happen, I'll keep playing the way I currently play and just see how things go. :)

I know! Landgrabbing is so mean and a completely unnecessary part of the game.

/end sarcasm

I think many people that play here have found themselves on the wrong server.

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:01:23

Warster

I don't recognize your name so you'll have to disregard my lack of respect for you.

Likely the same for you as I just got here not too long ago after a significant break from the old game to here.

I'm an older player that has no reason to lie or fib about what I see and have no problem expressing my opinion when I see something that is obviously messed up within the game.

I spied the country and it took all the restraint I could muster from grabbing it.

I figured their has to be a reason why no one else already hadn't taken their pokes at it.

That's why I started this thread.

I'm trying to figure out why countries like this are out there.

Twain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:03:12

EViL: Thanks for completely oversimplifying my point. After all, I totally was complaining about landgrabbing in general.

Or, perhaps you could actually put some thought into my argument and realize that if someone's running 90% jets, they're doing exactly what you just complained about and RUNNING NO DEFENSE.

I guess it's your call. Feel free to attack my ideas with your silly oversimplifications if you wish though.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 2:04:07

i personally dont self farm

i do hit other TKO countries but only players who have stopped playing for the reset

i dont like self farming, but i wont handicap the rest of my alliance when other netting alliances self farm

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

synoder Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:04:32

there are a lot of low military fat targets cause NBK has been at war all set ;)

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:09:59

"Fiat you just have shown you have no idea how self-farming works"

Uncle Fiat preferred as someone in IMP was using my old game name and want to keep our game identities separate.

You are correct. I have never self-farmed but I will admit to masturbating.

I also prefer calling it masturbation as the countries using it are playing with / against themselves on a "war" server.

I can also say I'll never be upset when someone accuses me of not knowing how self-farming or masturbating countries are run.

Twain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:11:34

Originally posted by Warster:
i personally dont self farm

i do hit other TKO countries but only players who have stopped playing for the reset

i dont like self farming, but i wont handicap the rest of my alliance when other netting alliances self farm

This is about where I fall, too. And I see no problem with farming retallers or deciding to cut losses on someone who has quit and farming countries in your own tag before you kill them off or detag them.

I'd be perfectly happy to see the massive self-farming like the scenario that UF spoke of (160 self-hits) go away.

I hate black and white reasoning, so I'd be unwilling to state "PAN will BAN self-farming 100%" but again, hopefully this thread will actually inspire enough conversation to limit the self-farming on this server quite a bit.

kemo Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:13:39

if you masturbate with hand sanitizer do you still have to wash your hands after wards?
all praised to ra

Havoc Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:14:36

Eh, some view FFA as a server where ALL are FREE to do whatever you want with your 16 countries to maximize your networth, land, military.. whatever you want.

The problem is, there is obviously as we can see in this thread.. people who don't play by that philosophy, and conflict ensues.

As long as some players keep using their 16 countries to maximize one or several countries to push the top10 limit, others will follow suit in order to compete. It's sort of like capitalism in the real world versus communism.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

synoder Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:17:23

Self farming could easily be stopped if the majority wanted it to. Just kill any country that self farms and it's done with. The problem is that the server is still divided on whether or not it is ok.

Twain Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:18:53

Originally posted by kemo:
if you masturbate with hand sanitizer do you still have to wash your hands after wards?

Yes. Otherwise Jesus will kill you.

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:21:54

Originally posted by Havoc:
Eh, some view FFA as a server where ALL are FREE to do whatever you want with your 16 countries to maximize your networth, land, military.. whatever you want.

The problem is, there is obviously as we can see in this thread.. people who don't play by that philosophy, and conflict ensues.

As long as some players keep using their 16 countries to maximize one or several countries to push the top10 limit, others will follow suit in order to compete. It's sort of like capitalism in the real world versus communism.

thats when you use your 16 countries to kill them :P
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 2:22:33

UF if your goal is to finish well witha good average over all your countries you cant farm them in the manner you are talking

thats why i said you will see most TKO countries finish self farming at 50K cos thats where we think we get the most benefit

you say we do 160 hits is that per country?
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:23:00

Originally posted by synoder:
Self farming could easily be stopped if the majority wanted it to. Just kill any country that self farms and it's done with. The problem is that the server is still divided on whether or not it is ok.

That is absolutely correct.

If KA, PANLV and TKO joined the rest of the Non Farming Clans and together killed any country regardless of tag that was caught self farming. Self farming would be eliminated within 2 sets tops.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:24:12

but... self farming fatties are fun to grab :-)

Or instead of killing them, Farm them!
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 2:24:52

like we have said time and time again, just ask kill4free, TKO has stated that if you get all major alliances to stop then we will agree

until then we wont put restrictions on players
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:26:50

I am pretty sure that all players know right from wrong concerning self-farming.

Those that do and those that choose not to know its just wrong.

The only way to ultimately fix it is to get the owners of the server to make a coding change.

If everyone self-farmed, how dull of a game would this be?

No pissing contests, no skill, and who cares who wins?

Havoc Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:27:01

Some players, both new 1aers.. and old vets only play FFA to self-farm however. As they're forced to play all x countries in the land starved alliance server...
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

synoder Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:28:00

warster you are in tko right? Pan also said the same so that means NBK,IMP,Swords,BSS,TKO,PAN (KA I think) all would agree to not self farm. I am sure that is enough to enfore a self farm=kill policy.

UncleFiat Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:31:00

"you say we do 160 hits is that per country?"

16 Countries, 10 per country........

Was just an example and I have not singled out TKO.....you did.

I also haven't spent any time analyzing how masturbators run their countries. From the news, I have just made a guess on the quantity of masturbation.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 6th 2011, 2:32:01

but where do you have it in writing that KA wont self farm??
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332