Verified:

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2023, 16:49:13

As I've mentioned in most of my posts, I've been away from the game for 20 years and I missed the implementation of all these new features. What was the intent behind allowing oil to be converted to units? Doesn't that nerf the public market?

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 16:52:32

When the public market runs out of military to buy, you can replenish your private market using oil, instead of having to wait...i think it works best if you play the mil reseller strat...
wasn't me...

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2023, 16:57:42

Which explains this weird thing I noticed that at the end of every set the top ten is filled with countries with next to no land. They drop land to get the max tech/MB benefits of private market prices. Is this the main reason the net worth records keep getting beaten? It seems not comparable to the records before the change because countries were forced to either destock over longer periods or buy at higher prices on the public market.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:15:18

The main reason is that land has never been easier to obtain. People can grab 500-600k acres in a set reasonably easily.

Oil jumps certainly are also part of it but maybe reason #2.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:17:46

What's the reason #1 mr smarty britches?
wasn't me...

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:20:20

Doesn't having more land make it less necessary to convert oil to units? Meaning more land causes the private market to carry more units anyway?

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:22:33

NW records are falling right now because the # of bots made was increased and a few people have quit. This means you can probably get 1.5B unaided when before it was about 1B.

And yes the oil jumps fundamentally changed the game, made stocking oil a bit component, which made facist farmer strategies the dominant t10 strategy.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:23:18

Originally posted by Jayr:

Land.

Originally posted by BEM684:
Doesn't having more land make it less necessary to convert oil to units? Meaning more land causes the private market to carry more units anyway?

Yeah, but to hit billions in NW, you need 6 billion bushels and tons of oil... So you need the production to even have enough stockpile to reach it.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:27:26

The oil destock allows you to play your turns until the last 5 minutes of the game, and using all of them turns on high acres to add incredible amounts to your end result.

In the past, jumping might take several days to a week losing out on a lot of production and, of course, on much fewer acres than today.

Auk Game profile

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:28:25

The point of releasing unwanted land is to avoid having to buy a crazy amount of military technology. The more land you possess, the more technology you will need to retain the bonus that tech gives you. It's usually more costly to buy a lot of tech compared to releasing land to achieve the same desirable effect.
Yay, new signature:
https://i.ibb.co/...s-a-paradigm-black-bg.png
Discord: HappyTheExceed
Paradigm's Secretary of State/HFA

Doug Game profile

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:33:37

Steady Jayr lol
Paradigm Senator
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:42:38

Originally posted by Auk:
The point of releasing unwanted land is to avoid having to buy a crazy amount of military technology. The more land you possess, the more technology you will need to retain the bonus that tech gives you. It's usually more costly to buy a lot of tech compared to releasing land to achieve the same desirable effect.

To get $35 dollar bushels on the private market so you can convert your stock into instant cash. With your one BPT of MBs and such few acres, you can just install-sell your stockpile.

It some ways it makes the game more laid back and enjoyable and in some it makes it very easy for bad players to do well.

Edited By: Requiem on Aug 22nd 2023, 17:44:50

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2023, 17:58:59

Originally posted by Requiem:
The oil destock allows you to play your turns until the last 5 minutes of the game, and using all of them turns on high acres to add incredible amounts to your end result.

In the past, jumping might take several days to a week losing out on a lot of production and, of course, on much fewer acres than today.

It sounds like a lot of changes were made to enable higher networths.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 18:42:02

Originally posted by Doug:

Steady Jayr lol
req is my bestie...

;)
wasn't me...

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 18:43:00

haha yep Jayr is a bro 💪

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 19:39:34

Jaye told me he likes stretching holes

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 19:48:22

Originally posted by Coalie:
Jaye told me he likes stretching holes
Lies, propaganda, communism.
wasn't me...

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2023, 19:56:50

/runs

Doug Game profile

Aug 23rd 2023, 2:48:06

Jays spending some time with us, so he will her plenty of holes. LOL
Paradigm Senator

Doug Game profile

Aug 23rd 2023, 2:48:44

Originally posted by Requiem:
haha yep Jayr is a bro 💪

Wait I thought in was your friend for like 15 years? Dorkus!
Paradigm Senator

Penguinbeng Game profile

Aug 23rd 2023, 3:04:45

sucky sucky?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2023, 6:15:25

Originally posted by Penguinbeng:
sucky sucky?

Quintessential reply LOL, good to see you bro!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 18th 2023, 14:05:19

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:
NW records are falling right now because the # of bots made was increased and a few people have quit. This means you can probably get 1.5B unaided when before it was about 1B.

And yes the oil jumps fundamentally changed the game, made stocking oil a bit component, which made facist farmer strategies the dominant t10 strategy.

Why would there be changes to the game specifically to enable new NW records? Is that the only reason people are playing? And doesn't that cheapen the record anyway? What's the point?

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Sep 18th 2023, 14:25:51

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:

Why would there be changes to the game specifically to enable new NW records? Is that the only reason people are playing? And doesn't that cheapen the record anyway? What's the point?

We don't have any idea why, that isn't something that was explained. Never the less change makes things more interesting, requires building new targets and optomizations. I don't really care much about NW records, imo no one should.

ChuckNorrisBeard

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2023, 17:57:12

Great question. What is the point.