Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 17th 2023, 23:01:06

Hi All,

Just a quick heads up, I won't be changing anything currently; life's been busy and I haven't been able to digest the changes thus far.

I have a few specific changes wrt ClanGDI in mind currently for the reset that will be starting in October, and I'd like to field some thoughts.

1) If a clan wants to leave clan GDI, it will take 48 hours from clicking the button, and a message to *all* clans would go out that that is happening.

2) Something restricting countries from leaving clans in Clan GDI. Unsure what restrictions.

3) Make a bunch of the bots (33%?) tag up, so there's an advantage to not hitting.

I would also like to make some sort of formalized declaration of war possible, with a accept/decline or something with criteria but I have no idea what that would look like. In an ideal world we'd build some sort of pact-like system, but I think that's beyond the scope of this project.

I'd also like to hear from people as to how things went. I know there was much emotions on both sides, but I kindof wanted to see how things played out.

I would like to point out that part of the point of the entire idea is to provide a relative sanctuary for people who really have no interest in war. I would like there to be some sort of cost for using the system, but many of the ideas seemed a bit heavy handed or artificial.

One idea from... Marble? was to change the expenses formula. That might be in the mix for next reset, to kindof change the overall dynamic of huge countries.

Ty,

qz
Finally did the signature thing.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 17th 2023, 23:04:33

pp
wasn't me...

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 17th 2023, 23:05:41

Great work
Catch me on ir c

braden Game profile

Aug 17th 2023, 23:23:03

I dony think I could've grabbed to and held my 75k acres if I didn't have clangdi. That being said I would have asked to rejoin monsters, instead of solo tag. So in the sense of a sanctuary, it worked as intended, for me at least.

Buch Game profile

Aug 17th 2023, 23:27:44

The alliances that join clan GDI to avoid war shouldn't get a war room. If you're in clan GDI it's all x for you.

Steeps Game profile

Aug 17th 2023, 23:29:11

Relative sanctuary already existed, it was called diplomacy and many other netting clans seem capable of doing that.

Might as well dumb the game down further and randomly give countries 500-3000 acres a day instead of 20a on login so there's no requirement to farm bots. Then you don't have to hold any military at all and can netgain even better!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 17th 2023, 23:45:55

Its been a great time playing Earth for many years. Giving people protection from war takes away the part of this game that adds all the excitement and interest, for me. Since you have now changed the game completely from what it always was, I'll be taking a break until you put the game back the way it should be. Thanks for the fun and good luck.

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Aug 17th 2023, 23:50:15

Please be careful with the idea of having bots tag up, it would create an unstable dynamic that would encourage griefing countries not in clan GDI, or a race to the bottom with regards to aiding to the top spot. None of us want to see either of those.

My suggestion is that if bots tag up, that those bots actively retal, programed to have other countries besides the one hit get jets and retal, for example. Enough that hitting them requires a different strategy besides what people use for t10s.

Things went great last set after the spyops fix played itself out. Felt like it used to, where everyone was competing to net, not to destroy their competition.

Steeps Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 0:05:19

Unstable dynamic? It's already broken.

Make all bots retal so the clanGDI countries have to carry turrets too and don't get a free ride farming with no risk. Add a dynamic where if a bot gets farmed too much it can suicide at will if it gets really unhappy, then if alliances of bots feel like they're being pushed around too much they could declare war and start to kill the clans abusing them...

Starting to sound like how the game used to be?

allbymyself87 Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 0:13:14

Restrict the Attack button to attack bots only.
There, solve all your problems.
No need to go through the ridiculous Clan GDI thing anymore. :D

The ones that wants to war will move on to other servers.
No worries, just let this server dies. :)

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 0:33:01

To help digest the changes - they're not great. As a netter, they benefit us (especially since LaF kept detagging and suiciding Evo) but it breaks the game. There really isn't much point in playing, and now there's no way to have diplomacy, because if someone doesn't like what you're doing (like aiding to the top), it's not like they can do anything about it anyways. This just discourages the whole point of alliance. If you don't have time to fix this, then I'd argue you should revert it to how it was because this isn't really playing.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 1:12:23

Clan GDI should carry the same cost as individual GDI.

Players not in clangdi takes on a greater risk, so therefore if they can make it to end, the reward should be greater. Usually avoiding risks involves extra taking time to use diplomacy, just as the game was intended.

Edited By: Coalie on Aug 18th 2023, 1:15:46

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 1:19:45

Just FA / mass transfer to one country to win Everytime, the small clans like EVO/PDM/OMEGA and anybody else who wants to net can suck a big fat clan GDI till they quit trying anymore, let's do that, again, gl winning anything
Catch me on ir c

Suicidal Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 1:30:36

qz, just say no to drugs put the game back to the non-gdi code and let the netters biatch for a whole set then alternate the GDI so as to then let warriors biatch

SuperFly Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 1:44:20

Excellent. Let us all FA and help with market buyouts so that we can get the biggest bot farming person that we like to win and beat the biggest bot farming noob virgen from LaF.

Sounds like a fun plan….

farmer Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 2:01:53

my vote is, no clan GDI.

Real Man

Aug 18th 2023, 2:45:50

Thank you Qz for finally protecting TheBOMB from LaF suiciders.

My favourite part of clan GDI is that I can do and say anything I want with literally 0 repercussions

HYPOTHETICALLY one could call TCs mother a wh0re and hide behind clan GDI.

HYPOTHETICALLY one could point out Gerdlers sister is getting blacked by a Somalian refugee this very minute and hide behind clan GDI.

But I won’t because I’m above that sort of childish nonsense.

But if I did….HAHAHAHAHA can’t touch deez nutz. GL HF.

ChuckNorrisBeard

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 3:19:30

TO QZ - I HOPE THIS MESSAGE FINDS YOU WELL.

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR TRYING. IF NOTHING ELSE.

HOWEVER, I ACTUALLY AM HAPPY FOR YOU. IN FACT, TO QUOTE YOU "life's been busy" IS HOW IT SHOULD BE. CONTINUE TO HAVE IT BE BUSY. WORK ON SOMETHING THAT IS WORTH SAVING. THAT IS APPRECIATED. THAT DOESNT INVOLVE AN OUT DATED GAME THAT GRIEFERS, SWEDISH VIRGINS, AND THE BOMB AND BOMB FRIENDS DONT HOLD ON TO.

IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR A NEW ENTERPRISE THAT DOEANT INVOLVE AN ITERATION FROM A 90'S BBS GAME. LETS CHAT. ID INVEST.

SuperFly Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 3:21:57

Real Man you are incorrect. You can’t talk about Gerdler in a negative aspect or make accusations that he deletes posts as he is a respected mod and you will get a 7 or 14 day ban.

I know this after getting 2 forum bans…. So please retract any negative posts immediately and govern yourself accordingly.

mdevol Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 6:03:20

Originally posted by ChuckNorrisBeard:
TO QZ - I HOPE THIS MESSAGE FINDS YOU WELL.

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR TRYING. IF NOTHING ELSE.

HOWEVER, I ACTUALLY AM HAPPY FOR YOU. IN FACT, TO QUOTE YOU "life's been busy" IS HOW IT SHOULD BE. CONTINUE TO HAVE IT BE BUSY. WORK ON SOMETHING THAT IS WORTH SAVING. THAT IS APPRECIATED. THAT DOESNT INVOLVE AN OUT DATED GAME THAT GRIEFERS, SWEDISH VIRGINS, AND THE BOMB AND BOMB FRIENDS DONT HOLD ON TO.

IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR A NEW ENTERPRISE THAT DOEANT INVOLVE AN ITERATION FROM A 90'S BBS GAME. LETS CHAT. ID INVEST.

I hear coffee shops are a decent stepping stone...
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 6:29:09

Lol....for the record. I'm Marble. Ya'll might have guessed from the expenses formula being part of the thought process. The formula I suggested to replace it was stolen from this post by Gerdler:

https://m.earthempires.com/...ormula-49843?t=1614959270

The reason I go by Marble...it was my name in the Fire and the Fury and STEEL in the old BBS pre-earth 2025 game. I'm reclaiming it after many years without it here, but it's who I am in every other game. I've long believed this expense formula change was more than necessary for strategic parity, and I remain steadfast in that regardless of ClanGDI changes.

Originally posted by Tertius:
To help digest the changes - they're not great. As a netter, they benefit us (especially since LaF kept detagging and suiciding Evo) but it breaks the game. There really isn't much point in playing, and now there's no way to have diplomacy, because if someone doesn't like what you're doing (like aiding to the top), it's not like they can do anything about it anyways. This just discourages the whole point of alliance. If you don't have time to fix this, then I'd argue you should revert it to how it was because this isn't really playing.

This post more than explains my disposition on ClanGDI. I feel like if a war declaration mechanic is out of the scope of the project, then I'm wholly not a fan of ClanGDI at all. As one of the OGs on advocating for Clan GDI, and maybe one of the first to use the terminology, I don't think this version promotes competition at all. I told you privately and I'll say publicly now, if I were you I'd pull the changes. I don't think they're good for the community.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 7:44:25

If diplomacy is where some alliance refuses to honor it's pacts and agreements and teams up with several other individuals and a rag-tag bunch of crusty old players and try to keep it's old promises from years ago that they would drive a certain clan off the server. Than I think, it's obvious why QZjul implemented a safeguard from this ever happening again. Sending FA to alliances at war and making it even more difficult to win when you're already outnumbered, is an act of war. Quit singing that Evo is innocent, we have definitive proof of the FA you were sending and we took our actions, we all know if their is no sort of retaliation or consequence to actions, one person will just easily walk over another as if it's a welcome mat because boundaries need to be set. Clan GDI is at the very least a temporary measure to enforce civilized interactions between players who don't know how to behave in a timeout stage, where they must play nice, you can call it rehabilitation. As you can see from last round, a half measure was put in place and after exploiting the open vulnerability a full measure, so as you can see, Clan GDI is necessary at this time until certain individuals lose interest in destroying the gameplay for everyone.
Do as I say, not as I do.

table4two Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 8:36:11

Unrelated to ClanGDI, but just wanted to say I liked having 350 bots last set. It was nice not having the player base coming over the top of each other to grab a target.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 9:55:51

Originally posted by table4two:
Unrelated to ClanGDI, but just wanted to say I liked having 350 bots last set. It was nice not having the player base coming over the top of each other to grab a target.
Everything is related, not having as many of LaFs core players to farm bots religiously helped everyone else have plentiful land grabs.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 18th 2023, 11:44:12

I see a board call B&S that has loads of suggestions and bugs that need fixing or adding before any of this should have been ever implemented. 🤷
Especially since this thing was half broken and a hot mess.

Let's just roll back to 2011 and call it a day.

Chevs: HYPOTHETICALLY your wife sucks on everyone's ballsacks each night getting teabagged and that is a reason to hide behind clan GDI.
Lol

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

braden Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 12:03:47

I noticed it as well. I attributed it to me starting a month late so many had reached land goals..

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 12:13:04

Originally posted by braden:

I noticed it as well. I attributed it to me starting a month late so many had reached land goals..
Nope, if you watch closely the Fascist oiler/farmers are grabbing until there are only days left. You need to join an alliance if you want to know how to do it the right way, LaF has plenty of people who can teach you.

braden Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 12:22:17

I'd go monsters, if they'd have me. Is it irony that though a colour I've rarely played in laf?

braden Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 12:24:27

I like the idea of in-game pacts. I send out blanket unaps and all who want to accept do, and those who don't are the ones I need to keep an eye on.

Unless at fa is good? I don't know who fas are even. Weedylar doesn't even have a hfa yet :( still waiting on a hia so we can have a site

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 13:04:53

Originally posted by galleri:
I see a board call B&S that has loads of suggestions and bugs that need fixing or adding before any of this should have been ever implemented. 🤷

Chevs: HYPOTHETICALLY your wife sucks on everyone's ballsacks each night getting teabagged and that is a reason to hide behind clan GDI.
Lol

While I think most people agree with a lot of what you said, I’m down for a rollback to 2011. EE is a war game afterall. ClanGDI only exists to protect 1 clan because of of social disabilities. I guess talking to Dark Demon gives someone a lot of anxiety? If you’re too incapable to message clan leaders to diplomacy, maybe it’s time to step down and let someone else lead (“s” seems to be a good candidate).

I’m sorry Galleri but I dunno if you know this… you’re not supposed to “suck” on a ballsack. WTF I feel bad for whoever your partner is. Pls don’t suck on ballsacks wtf r u doing?

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 13:58:15

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
If diplomacy is where some alliance refuses to honor it's pacts and agreements and teams up with several other individuals and a rag-tag bunch of crusty old players and try to keep it's old promises from years ago that they would drive a certain clan off the server. Than I think, it's obvious why QZjul implemented a safeguard from this ever happening again. Sending FA to alliances at war and making it even more difficult to win when you're already outnumbered, is an act of war. Quit singing that Evo is innocent, we have definitive proof of the FA you were sending and we took our actions, we all know if their is no sort of retaliation or consequence to actions, one person will just easily walk over another as if it's a welcome mat because boundaries need to be set. Clan GDI is at the very least a temporary measure to enforce civilized interactions between players who don't know how to behave in a timeout stage, where they must play nice, you can call it rehabilitation. As you can see from last round, a half measure was put in place and after exploiting the open vulnerability a full measure, so as you can see, Clan GDI is necessary at this time until certain individuals lose interest in destroying the gameplay for everyone.

Okay another dumb dumb post, which I guess I'll respond to once since you haven't brought it up in half a year.

LaF is the one who failed at diplomacy. Repeatedly. They unilaterally ended the pact with Evo because they wanted to be able to kill Req, who wasn't even playing in Evo.

We had already agreed to pay reps to mercs for the previous set's suiciders, and no one expected you to AB OOP, but we told them we would and we had no pact with LaF to prevent it, so we did. Gains reached out to tmac about it, and he explained it, and that ended the discussion. Several weeks later, tmac did send aid to some non-mercs folks. He made a post about it on AT. Only one unidentified random LaF country said anything about it - given the previous discussions, he figured diplomacy would be used if there were any issues with like four FA packages, but instead, you blindsided all of the netters except those who were ex-LaF taking refuge in Evo. And it's not like any of this was secret - we had no pact because LaF didn't want one (because as Derrick pointed out at the time, LaF was constantly threatening to war us because you think every other clan besides LaF is actually one large clan out to get you).

So LaF dropped the pact, didn't diplomatically bring up the FA, and then instead of killing the one person who even sent any, killed all of the netters with no war prep in a blindside. Then you sent suiciders after us on Team server. Then you had people detag and suicide on us some more in 1a. Then you suicided us again on team. It really just gets old, so many of us stopped playing because what's the point? So then you whined to qz who finally made it safe... from you... for us to net. You refuse to be civilized or have interactions with us. You curse and threaten all of the other alliances because you've been the biggest for a long time. LaF single-handedly is the biggest contributor to EE's loss of players over the years. But you give each other pharma bro high-fives because you're not self-aware to see that you've always been the bullies and getting outraged that you can't dictate what every other clan should do.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 14:02:15

https://imgur.com/a/WLCjU4X

Here is the screenshot of proof for tiertus ^.

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 14:09:42

Lol

Your favorite is showing qz.

Clan GDI - unfinished but rolled out to muzzle those who oppose LaF. Half way through the set we find a way to mess with LaF, promptly a 'hot fix's was rolled out, mindset.

Now there's just no time to do anything?

What feedback do you need there's only so many players, and most have complained about it, how much feedback did it take to force PvE?
Catch me on ir c

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 14:11:01

Stick to clan GDI or don't, but do one thing or the other before it's too late and people just stop playing
Catch me on ir c

Snoopdawg Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 14:30:26

someone find mehul and ask him what he thinks about this

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 14:51:08

Originally posted by Snoopdawg:
someone find mehul and ask him what he thinks about this

Maybe that's the missing feedback lmao 🤣
Catch me on ir c

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 15:28:18

Since I'm the new old kid on the block please humor this question that may have been discussed ad nauseum in the past:

Has there been any large organized effort to bring new players to the game? Like an ad campaign, spamming Reddit or other online communities, getting a plug from an appropriate youtuber/influencer etc? It seems like there's a massive pool of 30-50 year olds who would find this game nostalgic even if they never played it or Earth2025.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 16:31:27

Originally posted by BEM684:
Since I'm the new old kid on the block please humor this question that may have been discussed ad nauseum in the past:

Has there been any large organized effort to bring new players to the game? Like an ad campaign, spamming Reddit or other online communities, getting a plug from an appropriate youtuber/influencer etc? It seems like there's a massive pool of 30-50 year olds who would find this game nostalgic even if they never played it or Earth2025.
That's quite the assumption, I'm only 19 years old.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 17:06:17

The last time a bunch of new players joined the game, they gravitated towards a narccistic megalomaniac and decided to SIMP for him. After that the megalomaniac manipulated them to grief his #1 competition in the game. The whole server then decided to self-police and wipe them out.

I love new players I hope many more join that are not idiots. I’m willing to work with anyone to market the game to the public. But with clan GDI, it’s not really worth the time as this game is not a war/diplomacy game anymore. We’ve deviated too far away from the original concept, it will never be as successful as it once was. The game description on the main page is “false advertising” at best.

Prime

Aug 18th 2023, 17:21:22

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 17:22:22

I'm biased because I last played when there were like 100 clans and many had 50+ members, but I can barely imagine how diplomacy matters when there are only 5 or 6 clans with more than 5 members. More players would bring some life back to that part of the game, I'd guess. But what do I know, I jumped ship for the past 20 years lol.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 17:22:27

Stay off my farm...
wasn't me...

Suicidal Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 17:51:44

Originally posted by Coalie:

Lol

While I think most people agree with a lot of what you said, I’m down for a rollback to 2011. EE is a war game afterall. ClanGDI only exists to protect 1 clan because of of social disabilities. I guess talking to Dark Demon gives someone a lot of anxiety? If you’re too incapable to message clan leaders to diplomacy, maybe it’s time to step down and let someone else lead (“s” seems to be a good candidate).

I’m sorry Galleri but I dunno if you know this… you’re not supposed to “suck” on a ballsack. WTF I feel bad for whoever your partner is. Pls don’t suck on ballsacks wtf r u doing?

galleri had the best suggestion yet.... roll baack to 2011 and we can recruit more players.
As for coalie.... suck, lick, tickle, and any type of fondling is acceptable to the sack.....galleri is obviously a sack lover

mrford Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 22:08:49

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:

That's quite the assumption, I'm only 19 years old.

Still so full of fluff your eyes are brown I see.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 22:12:00

Originally posted by braden:
I like the idea of in-game pacts. I send out blanket unaps and all who want to accept do, and those who don't are the ones I need to keep an eye on.

Unless at fa is good? I don't know who fas are even. Weedylar doesn't even have a hfa yet :( still waiting on a hia so we can have a site

You need to hit the bottle more. You kinda made sense there.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2023, 23:16:18

Well perhaps I'll add a declare war between clans mechanism then; a good chunk of the point, afterall, was the untag suiciders issue.
Finally did the signature thing.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 23:22:07

Originally posted by qzjul:
Well perhaps I'll add a declare war between clans mechanism then; a good chunk of the point, afterall, was the untag suiciders issue.

Don’t forget a lot of the untag suiciders were originally a LaF product. BlackHole, rokkie, etc. If a laf leader was blatant enough to send a suicider to attack their competition, then the alliance clans have a de jure claim to exercise a war. That includes multiple clans with FDP pacts.

You also need to add a cost to clan GDI. Someone not in clangdi that finishes do it at a higher risk than someone who is in clangdi, they should not share the same rewards. It takes a lot more skill to play outside protection than in a free welfare system like clangdi.

BlackHole Game profile

Aug 18th 2023, 23:39:56

Originally posted by Getafix:
Its been a great time playing Earth for many years. Giving people protection from war takes away the part of this game that adds all the excitement and interest, for me. Since you have now changed the game completely from what it always was, I'll be taking a break until you put the game back the way it should be. Thanks for the fun and good luck.

You aren't looking to war, you're looking to grief. Your a known and admitted griefer.

Aren't you the one that told me you'll keep attacking me in team server over and over as long as I'm in the game? Because, if I remember correctly, you 'just don't like me'.

That's funny. I seem to remember others from your side singing similar tunes.

Maybe if you guys weren't such griefers it wouldn't be necessary for the game to have anti-griefing measures. Crazy concept to think about, eh?

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2023, 23:48:01

Well if you’ve given someone a lot of reasons not to like you in an “war game”, which you have done a lot of with a significant amount of players.. don’t be surprised if they attack you in a war game.

Just remember when you were attacked in teams, that was me that messaged you to see if you needed help.

BlackHole Game profile

Aug 19th 2023, 0:38:20

Coalie - how long do people get to grief others just because they don't see eye to eye?

3 months? 6 months? a year? 3 years?

At what point does it go from 'I'm attacking you cause of a disagreement and a war' to I want to ruin the game for you for no reason, for no benefit to myself, not in furtherance of an actual goal related to gameplay. But just to ruin it.

And when it becomes the latter, do any of you care? Or is it fine to just straight up ruin the game for others... just cause?