Verified:

braden Game profile

Jul 28th 2023, 18:56:15

After the upset against Gujrat?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 28th 2023, 21:45:01

Nothing against the Titans, but I feel like their window is closing after the expansion auction and MS Domi's retirement from T20s. I look for the Rajasthan Royals to make a run in next year's IPL, and challenge the Super Kings dynasty. Jos Buttler has been a tough wicket to find, and with Trent Boult in good health, Rajasthan should be very dangerous.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 28th 2023, 22:21:46
See Original Post

braden Game profile

Jul 29th 2023, 10:37:47

I work with a gentleman from Gujrat so he's trying to get me into the game. The scoring is ridiculous but it does look like a lot of fun

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2023, 16:11:08

T20s especially the IPL (the richest T20 league) is honestly some of the most entertaining sport in the world. I'm enough of a die hard where I've watched several days of the ashes, and have watched all 5 days of several test matches, but once you get a handle on the scoring, T20s is like 2 hours of "if baseball had tons of action." Like baseball, there's a pile of terminology like "doosra, googly, yorker, etc" that you pick up as you watch, but you don't really need to understand the terms to get what's going on. It's mostly just the scoring that takes a second to understand and once you have that, it's entertaining as hell.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 29th 2023, 17:36:15
See Original Post

braden Game profile

Jul 29th 2023, 17:38:34

Yepp. My thoughts exactly.

Wickets snd bails.. if im in "right field" the play is to where?
Line drive one hopper to short stop man on first throw to second force out throw to first force out double play.. baseball I don't even think about.. cricket looks like so much fun.. but id be in right field googling where to throw the ball.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2023, 19:21:08

Usually if you're bombing one in from anywhere beyond mid-wicket, you want to throw it to the opposite side of the bowler. Like....towards the "catcher" (wicket-keeper). The reason for that is that the batsman that was hitting won't be running as fast out of the box as his batting partner, and also the wicket-keeper has on the equivalent of a catchers mitt whereas everyone else is bare handed. Little easier for him to catch a ball.

The sides switch every 6 balls (1 over), but for the most part you're just throwing it to the guy with the gloves on.

Think of it like there is only 2 "bases," and both are home plate. Each time the batsman runs to the other side is worth 1 run. Ground balls to the wall are 4, home runs are 6. But if you toss it to the guy with gloves on, he's in one of only two spots he can make an out (wicket). He's a pretty safe bet to yeet the ball at.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 29th 2023, 22:00:10
See Original Post