Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 22:25:21

It was great that profiles are open at the end of a set to reveal countries. I would like it to also show FA (sent and received) and relations of the country after the set.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 22:39:43

Plus one this idea.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 16th 2023, 0:18:43

Yep, agreed.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 16th 2023, 0:26:52

Why? I actually don’t like this idea. But hey I’m not a dev.

I’m open to logic. Please explain why this would be good
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

May 16th 2023, 12:54:01

https://earthempires.com/...s/466/news?types=120&

Like this?
Would need them to make all country stats visible at the end of the set.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2023, 13:06:41

Originally posted by your_nick_sucks:
https://earthempires.com/...s/466/news?types=120&

Like this?
Would need them to make all country stats visible at the end of the set.

Sort of but that only shows received, also needs to show sent.

May 16th 2023, 13:50:01

I'm surprised they never removed country privacy with the addition of open profiles.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 16th 2023, 23:49:52

Originally posted by Red X:

Netters want transparency in case there is doubt that a player won by his own merit vs got aided to the top.

Warring tags should want transparency about if someone of their enemies got FAed during the war.

The transparency will prevent contentious rumors and replace them with facts, which is good for all. Right? Who would it be bad for?

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 16th 2023, 23:53:42

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Netters want transparency in case there is doubt that a player won by his own merit vs got aided to the top.

Warring tags should want transparency about if someone of their enemies got FAed during the war.

The transparency will prevent contentious rumors and replace them with facts, which is good for all. Right? Who would it be bad for?

Meh.

It’s a team game. If an alliance wants to all tank their individual finishes to boost one of their people that’s their business. You can typically follow the nw drops and raises. This just looks like a way to be lazy about it.

I’m still not convinced.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 17th 2023, 0:06:53

If an alliance wants to do that, what is the reason it shouldn't be known to all?

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 17th 2023, 0:43:15

If an alliance wants to do that, what is the reason it shouldn't be known to all?

Why does it matter. You can follow the news in me drop and gains. The admins do not need to change the code for this.

DevilsReject Game profile

May 17th 2023, 3:13:47

You made your choice. Consequences and all. La Familia is crushed and you cant start shenanigans after the fact. No, spying on who sends what fa isnt somehow beneficial to the player base. Should we start an irc war room archive or password exchange next? Oy vey, the chutzpah on this one...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 17th 2023, 16:31:34

This ^

But are devs even around? Seems like they abandoned this game years ago, bots barely work....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 17th 2023, 20:41:56

The transparency argument is spot on.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 17th 2023, 23:58:46

Let’s not stop here. Let’s see a turn by turn list of everything done in game. Let’s see the ops taken and how the build is done.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2023, 0:13:42

Let’s not stop here. Let’s see a turn by turn list of everything done in game. Let’s see the ops taken and how the build is done.

Exaggerating much?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 18th 2023, 0:19:40

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Exaggerating much?

I mean why not? Let us have full transparency.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2023, 1:54:32

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on May 18th 2023, 2:01:52

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2023, 1:57:27

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on May 18th 2023, 2:02:02

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2023, 1:59:35

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on May 18th 2023, 2:02:20

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2023, 2:00:43

Isn't that funny., FA is actually already there...

https://www.earthempires.com/.../72/news?types=60,61&

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 18th 2023, 2:10:36

Originally posted by Celphi:

😂😂😂

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 19th 2023, 14:00:20

Originally posted by Celphi:

The player will have to choose to have that open, and that means we have no documentation on the FA sent in most cases.

I don't know if what OP means is to have all that open always and show also outgoing FA. Now I would be content with just seeing all incoming FA since it would allow for all relevant info to be obtainable, just not with equal QoL.

It would require 2-3 lines of code, and no new pages or features to change and could be done in under 10 minutes. Wheras going all out with OPs suggestion showing relations over the course of the round and also outgoing FA would require a lot more. If we get 60 minutes of dev time a year it should be spent effectively.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 19th 2023, 16:27:18

I want also to see the sent FA. Assuming LOE as a non-technical person is not advised. I am not being offensive here, but just saying.

Not to mention that shouldn’t be the idea givers pattern of thought when offering free suggestions to the game. We don't want filtered suggestions based on the possibility of ignorance of something unknown to the poster(s).

And to confirm Gerdler is correct, it is a preference that the player controls and still doesn't offer full transparency as is suggested.

May 20th 2023, 19:47:45

---->Warring tags should want transparency about if someone of their enemies got FAed during the war. <-----

----->The transparency will prevent contentious rumors and replace them with facts, which is good for all. Right? Who would it be bad for?<-------

..You can typically follow the nw drops and raises. This just looks like a way to be lazy about it.

I’m still not convinced.

Its more than lazy. It is not about transparency. It is framed as "and thats a good thing" for a reason.
In order to determine who gave your enemy FA/proxy war fuel, you would need to put mass effort by first guesstimating there was outside fa. Now you can spy op all pacts of every player in every team that was not your own. But here you would need to explain your actions to your targets. This would inevitably lead to aggressive response by independent clans who have no involvement. More common methods are, if you already have a suspicious clan, watch nw drops. The issue there, however, is you might be tracking legitimate market sales. So you are back to spending ops (eXtremely important during wars) to confirm what the "received" fa consists of, ie cash, food or military. Even with all these activities you may still ultimately fail in your efforts to determine who was aiding your enemies. Time, turns(critical), spy ops(critical), broken pacts or retaliation (critical). The information this "couple lines of code bru,you lazy devs.." provide would be a monumental advantage for clans who engage in proxy warfare and revealing information they would never gain without significant effort and resources, potentially violating pacts or creating new enemies. Please explain how the benefits to the player base would be met by saving a warring clan critical time and resources by coding a back door to fa transactions to betterment one clan over a coalition.

Tl*dr
"And thats a good thing" aka shenanigans to convince soft minds you arent acting on behalf of your own self interests at the detriment of others.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 21st 2023, 1:19:13

I'm not sure if you are confused that either I or Requiem or anyone else suggests this info should be available to all during a round. That's something so far fetched I never even considered it.

What I'm saying is that it should be impossible to hide at the end of a round, since this feature already exists within the leaderboard/end country statuses. Therefore is extremely easy because all it takes is to just remove the optionality.

Requiems solution is better but takes more time. I have no idea how much more time. I too would prefer it done the way he suggested. But neither of us suggested this should be open info during an active round.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2023, 1:24:23

Agreed ^

May 21st 2023, 5:52:19

I'm not sure if you are confused that either I or Requiem or anyone else suggests this info should be available to all during a round. That's something so far fetched I never even considered it.

What I'm saying is that it should be impossible to hide at the end of a round, since this feature already exists within the leaderboard/end country statuses. Therefore is extremely easy because all it takes is to just remove the optionality.

Requiems solution is better but takes more time. I have no idea how much more time. I too would prefer it done the way he suggested. But neither of us suggested this should be open info during an active round.

Nothing in my post suggested access to info during the round, this is post set stats. My point is your, or any other warring clan involved in multi set wars would never know if FA had been sent by outside clans leading to your clan suffering defeat, or simply prolonging your march to victory. This information would need to be verified during the round via methods described in an earlier post, or filter through everyones history to root out proxy participation in the post set stats, as you and others are demanding of development teams to alter the matrix in your or any suspecting clans favor. The only benefit this removal of optionality would be afforded to is warring clans who suspect proxy warfare but either cant prove or dont want to work for it. This transparency would essentially make covert proxy warfare impossible, at least the covert part anyway. And for LaF, thats a good thing.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 21st 2023, 8:15:55

Which tag is it not good for?

May 22nd 2023, 3:26:13

Every tag who participated in proxy warfare via sending FA to a tag involved in a war not declared against their own.

Lets say LaF was involved in a war vs clan A. Clan B, who is not active in attacks, nor have they declared war against LaF decides to send FA to clan A. Perhaps they are/were allies prior to the war against LaF. Clan B is normally a netting clan, so they do not want to fight directly but have an interest in seeing Clan A defeat LaF. Clan B declares publicly they are neutral, and so LaF has no reason to suspect them. The FA is sent and the fact is only known betwixt the players sending/receiving, perhaps leadership as well.
With the code modifications you are suggesting, Clan B would be exposed and could potentially face consequences. LaF would never know unless they employed spy ops, NW monitoring, violating pacts, and all of this during a war where every single turn, op and time watching NW counts against kill run hits.

Similar to posting an archive of all in-game messages. If some people want to share, they can, but exposing everyones correspondence for transparency regarding hate speech or inappropriate comments would be a weak argument, but a great boon for seeking out valuable intel.

Tldr
Once again, the only benefit is the clan warring knowing who, if anyone, might be aiding their opponent. Access to information known only to mods and development.

Jun 20th 2023, 15:53:07

Looking for an update qzul.
Did you grant Gerdler his wish for this as well? Proxy warfare still a thing? Eventually LaF will war again when they have numbers and an ally....

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 22:57:41

Originally posted by DevilsReject:

Every tag who participated in proxy warfare via sending FA to a tag involved in a war not declared against their own.

Lets say LaF was involved in a war vs clan A. Clan B, who is not active in attacks, nor have they declared war against LaF decides to send FA to clan A. Perhaps they are/were allies prior to the war against LaF. Clan B is normally a netting clan, so they do not want to fight directly but have an interest in seeing Clan A defeat LaF. Clan B declares publicly they are neutral, and so LaF has no reason to suspect them. The FA is sent and the fact is only known betwixt the players sending/receiving, perhaps leadership as well.
With the code modifications you are suggesting, Clan B would be exposed and could potentially face consequences. LaF would never know unless they employed spy ops, NW monitoring, violating pacts, and all of this during a war where every single turn, op and time watching NW counts against kill run hits.

Similar to posting an archive of all in-game messages. If some people want to share, they can, but exposing everyones correspondence for transparency regarding hate speech or inappropriate comments would be a weak argument, but a great boon for seeking out valuable intel.

Tldr
Once again, the only benefit is the clan warring knowing who, if anyone, might be aiding their opponent. Access to information known only to mods and development.

In this case it would be found out in the war itself, especially when a country suddenly has lots of cash when they didn't before, so you check allies of the country you are at war against and it points you right back to clan B. Personally I think it would be great to expose, but hardly a required change. Especially in a case wher clan B says their aid sending wasn't as big as clan A suspected given the examples they found.

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 22:58:28

It's mostly useful, in my opinion, to prove NW finishes are legit, unaided. I don't think it has much impact to war at all.