Verified:

Kevro Game profile

Apr 1st 2023, 23:31:08

Is there a certain time in each set where military bases are very helpful to have? Or maybe a strategy that focuses on reselling things on the market?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 1st 2023, 23:41:57

There used to be back in E2025, nowadays it doesn't really fit any server. You are free to play around with it, I have with some limited success. It is imo high effort low reward strategy and that is probably most of the reason it isn't used.

For the most part the Theocracy MBR (or perhaps even Democracy MBR) is just a jumping strategy, to make more from your existing stockpile, most often combined with oil burning to make a larger private market.

Kevro Game profile

Apr 2nd 2023, 12:34:27

Thanks for the response, gerdler. I'm finding it difficult to get any kind of info about military bases online. I'd imagine their effectiveness is based on a ratio of military bases built to total acreage. But I can't find any solid info. Maybe I'll play around with it one of these sets

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 8th 2023, 4:01:08

Yeah, I might be able to help you a little. If my memory serves me right Mil bases two effects work as follows:

Each 1% mil bases(as percentage of your land) reduce private market prices by 0.25%.
Each 1% mil bases also reduce military expenses 1.3% up to a maximum of 39% expenses reduction.

There's inconsistent rounding at play here and other factors that matter too so it won't be exact all the time.

Kevro Game profile

Apr 9th 2023, 22:07:52

OK thanks, that is helpful

DeepThinker Game profile

Apr 9th 2023, 22:46:28

Well as a total beginner and trying abit of everything I built 250 MBs on aprox 12 K acres. I am sure larger % would make a bigger difference. Those 250 MBs lowered my private market price by only $1 each for troops jets turrets nothing for tanks. It also lowered my per turn expenses but only a little. Doubt that helps much but overall seems farms, res, or ent zones, and military tech would do more. Just a bozo beginners take. Plus not very good at math either, formulas and fluff confuse me. Thanks

Kevro Game profile

Apr 9th 2023, 23:39:45

Hey deep thinker, thanks for the information. That sounds about right, as that is a pretty low percentage of your total land. Seems most of the buildings work on a ratio system. Good to know, I will be sure to invest a large portion of my land toward military bases if I do eventually give this strategy a try.

As a beginner, I would only suggest you pick a strategy and focus soley on it.

Tmac Game profile

Apr 10th 2023, 22:42:08

Mbs do depend on % of land built as mbs. The higher the %, the lower your pm prices(including lower sale prices on pm).

Labs also depend on % of land built as labs so you want to stay mostly Labs as well.

Ent zones are the only other building that depend on % of land built as them. The difference here is that casher is the only strat you need them which require Residentials as well for best incomes.

In general you want to strategize regardless of building because you pick a govt with that bonus and invest in that tech.

Rep/theo casher(ent/res buildings/bus/res tech)
Commie indy(indies/indy tech)
Theo/demo techer(labs/best selling techs)
Theo/demo mbr(mbs/military tech)
Fascist/demo farmer(farms/agri tech)
Fascist oiler or Fascist farmer oiler(ffo)(agri tech for farms and no tech for rigs)

Bus/res/mil tech is helpful for all strats, but get your primary tech first.

Indies are the only way to get spies so you need some for any strat if you want spies.

Other techs are helpful, but not specifically needed for a strategy.

Dictatorship is a great war govt that can be used with most strats.

Tyranny is also a good war govt and/or good for lots of grabbing.

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 13th 2023, 5:46:19

I used one to destock on team messing around. Military prices are very cheap if you have all bases and military tech on a theo. You will want to look like this.

https://www.earthempires.com/team/144/ranks/39

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on alliance for instance. Jets seem to be expensive all set there. Personally it’s my favorite strategy simply for the uniqueness of it. I just make sure I’ve teched a long time and have massive cash reserves before I convert. Usually bushels as well. Hundred(s) of millions of them minimum typically at least 1 or 2.