Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Jun 19th 2010, 23:16:34

It's an interesting concept, and I don't think anyone is immune to it.

Even me. Or maybe especially me. I didn't exactly re-enter the world here without bringing some baggage with me, and certainly haven't pulled any punches on what I think of player past and present.

Earth is essentially a new game and an old game at the same time, it seems. It's been passed through some hands over the last 13 or so years. From what I gather, there have been periods where the game and individual servers have not been active.

From my POV, I see a more or less "clean slate" walking back in after 6 or so years, but I still brought my "History" with me. That's not to say that History and tradition are always bad. One thing that made me smile was a post by Billyjoe in a thread where someone was looking for a clan. He mentioned ESD and the fact that "Dragon retals everything". That was cool. Utterly. SO after all these years, someone remembers something I did. Good HIstory there.

However, in a few months (I assume this game has legs again and that we'll add new and old players), are old grudges and old history going to take us back "to the day"?

I'm currently playing every server except Alliance and I read the boards. While not all the names are familiar, the History is and even though I've been away for years, it's almost like I never left. Sometimes, History is like your favorite pair of jeans.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2010, 1:12:47

i think at a certain point you have to forget about the bad things that happened

like RD and the bots, if someone was a multi in rd or used bots sure thats not the best thing for the game

but there was a time where everyone didnt think much about multying in 1a 1b, playing multiple countries in tourney, multiple strings in ffa, i think there was even a time when you could only play 1a or 1b legit

Popcom Game profile

Jun 20th 2010, 1:17:19

The thing is, ppl don't change to much.
if you are an arrogant, selfish jack ass at heart. a few years isn't going to change that. so the ppl that didn't like you, and warred various clans because of you, will still nto like you. and if they have to interact with you still, chances are you will be warring again lol

as for cheating, some ppl have stopped for the good of the game. clearly not all thou
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Dragon Game profile

Jun 20th 2010, 1:28:14

Originally posted by Popcom:
The thing is, ppl don't change to much.
if you are an arrogant, selfish jack ass at heart. a few years isn't going to change that. so the ppl that didn't like you, and warred various clans because of you, will still nto like you. and if they have to interact with you still, chances are you will be warring again lol

as for cheating, some ppl have stopped for the good of the game. clearly not all thou

I think you're on the 10 ring here.

RaHL_DK

Jun 20th 2010, 2:02:20

history is just that history, In the Old earth Imp and DK were enemies and warred many times, in the New Earth Imp and DK are so close we merged. The game will if it grows bring new life, new rivals, and new grudges
The Death Knights
IMP aFA
-ICQ#413318945
-
http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...start.php?clanID=DKnights

General TwizTid

Jun 20th 2010, 4:24:09

I do recall most of the clans back here have fought one another at one point in time...
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

QM Diver Game profile

Jun 20th 2010, 4:40:22

umm.. What's a 10 ring?

I've heard this about Dragon... Prolly one of the best players, fair and a good person..

Not sure, but I'd have to believe the source...

It IS always good to get an atta boy, even if it's years later...
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

MedicineMan2

Jun 20th 2010, 7:27:03

best of Luck, Dragon

even years don't change integrity.

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 20th 2010, 7:30:12

I agree with popcorn - I still hold the same grudges from Mehul and Jolt's versions of the game. If I didn't like ya then, odds are pretty good a new host isn't gonna change that.....and I'm a bitter, fiesty old cuss to boot, which definitely doesn't help matters

azmodii Game profile

Jun 20th 2010, 9:31:37

History has its place. I played with NBK and NA back in the day and still find the people there fun to play with and easy to get along with. I cant say much on the rivalry that was around, but as now3p said, a new server doesnt change peoples opinions, its not a clean slate. Bitter rivalry isnt something that changes over time. It came about for a reason, and probably stays for a reason.
- EoEA ~ End Of Earth Alliance -

"I will slaughter them like a wolf among lambs! The rivers will run red with the blood of my enemies, the skies will rain fire! And when the land parts beneath them... I shall be the in emptiness waiting!"