Verified:

DruncK Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 23:38:35

next we'll have 30 countries =P

anything over 2bil net is an insult to this server and shows how few people we have playing the game.

Tax the rich I say!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2010, 0:25:33

that makes no sense

1) the net was because of a bug/exploit that is changed for next set

2) networths will naturally be higher the more people that play not lower

DM Game profile

Patron

Jul 22nd 2010, 2:05:46

Originally posted by enshula:
that makes no sense

1) the net was because of a bug/exploit that is changed for next set

2) networths will naturally be higher the more people that play not lower

Excuse me, Land trading by llaar was/is not a bug/exploit. Obviously you failed to read the rules that state if a country exploits a bug it will be deleted for rules violation.

Last I checked I didn't see any of Danny's countries in Purple.

.thx.bye

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2010, 3:54:39

"unforeseen exploitation of a broken game mechanic"

would that make you happier?

or perhaps replace exploitation with utilisation?

anyway the point is this set was an anomaly and no projections can be made for networths in future sets based off it

its a bit like the tech bug resets, those who used that got deleted but those that grabbed them wound up with crazy high networths that didnt mean anything compared to the other sets or the countries which didnt do that

and i do think it was both of those things, but i dont think he should have been deleted, its more important to make as ridiculous a situation as possible to increase time and effectiveness of a fix

DruncK Game profile

Jul 22nd 2010, 4:12:04

you're nuts Llaar congratz

Edited By: DruncK on Jul 22nd 2010, 4:15:04
See Original Post

DM Game profile

Patron

Jul 22nd 2010, 15:50:43

Originally posted by enshula:
"unforeseen exploitation of a broken game mechanic"

would that make you happier?

or perhaps replace exploitation with utilisation?

anyway the point is this set was an anomaly and no projections can be made for networths in future sets based off it

its a bit like the tech bug resets, those who used that got deleted but those that grabbed them wound up with crazy high networths that didnt mean anything compared to the other sets or the countries which didnt do that

and i do think it was both of those things, but i dont think he should have been deleted, its more important to make as ridiculous a situation as possible to increase time and effectiveness of a fix

I stand corrected. I clearly mis-understood your first post and took it as bashing llaar. For that, I apologize. Just lookin out for Danny =)

llaar Game profile

Jul 22nd 2010, 16:04:14

i devised the best strategy i could with the formulas that were provided by the mods

i think thats what we all try to do every set, well, do our best that is at least. i'm not sure how many others run charts in excel like i do.

at least thats how i play, i work out the math on strategies, my members in NA can attest to the excel spreadsheets i've made before for other strats

if you see something in the formulas that you think you can take advantage of, thats what you do. when you're calculating when to switch to TMBR, you can run the math to find the best point in time to do it based on your stock and time left in set and anticipated bushel/military prices etc. when you do that... you're using formulas to come to a conclusion. thats no different than what i did.

i just happened to figure out the best netting strategy thats ever been in the game ;) yes, its a strategy thats too good for the balance of the game, so its been tweaked for future sets.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2010, 19:26:50

agreed

i dont tend to make complete spreadsheets anymore, i used to have some that calced when to stop grabbing/exploring as well as when to destock

now i prefer to just calc a few little things like how much mil tech you should buy

and btw i still feel self farming and organised land trading (as opposed to just grabbing back and forth with normal defence and no guarantee you wont lose out, or control over schedule) are also bad for balance, just not quite as bad as unbuilt countries being able to grow at pretty much a flat rate without needing to stock was

Thunder Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 3:52:33

Hmm... Danny...Donny..Hmmmm
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

mrford Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 15:06:51

You would like for people to think that you has skills and intelect like that wouldn't you
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 23rd 2010, 15:25:35

*sigh*

while we don't consider it bug exploiting to the extent that something like a market bug could be exploited, we did change the way the mechanics work based partially on what was going on in FFA.

So you guys can take that however you want.... they won't be any deletions for land trading, as it's fine to hit your own countries and there's no rule against hitting eachother over and over again

it should already be way less beneficial to land trade with the changes that have been made.

Edited By: martian on Jul 23rd 2010, 18:03:50. Reason: grammah nazzi
See Original Post
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 23rd 2010, 15:29:07

its done, i shouldnt have really used those words since it seems to have more connotations