JJosh Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 6:20:47

i AGREEORS
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

iolair Game profile

Aug 9th 2011, 4:10:12

relates to the number of nodes per segment not just the interconnection -- unlike DSL comcast is bus network based
nothing to see here ... move along

JJosh Game profile

Aug 9th 2011, 4:43:03

I wish i could understand that :) :)
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Aug 9th 2011, 17:24:17

LOL. Comcast wants me to pay $41 a month now. i say Cya Bye-Bye. guess August 14th is my last day of paying to troll the internet.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 10th 2011, 7:35:24

Originally posted by JJosh:
Absolutely and totally like completely royally suck mega big time epic huge donkey duck balls down south in Africa on a bus in June with a slight breezy kickin up dust with a slight chance of rain.

I'm livid.

My service is experiencing more and more daily hiccups.

Please tell me i'm not the only one blessed this these fluffUPS???

anyone happy with comcast?

~yet mildly irritated.

ROFLMAO, I used to have Comcast a long time ago. LOL They had some problems on their network, a cable modem network on which I was a customer. I kept telling them about it, and asking to have something done about it, and they ignored the problem for months. Finally, I turned on my network monitoring software and found out what the ptoblem was by myself. When I told them what they needed to do to fix it, they suspended my service for 30 days to teach me a lesson about monitoring their network. So, I sent them an invoice for my time and effort to find the problem that they couldn't find. I still haven't been paid, but then again, I haven't had to pay Comcast for a long time, either. THey do suck and I'm glad that I'll never have to do business with them again. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Twain Game profile

Aug 10th 2011, 13:50:00

For the most part, I've had pretty good luck with Comcast service.

Customer Service is really annoying because apparently it's 3 guys in a room trying to field 10,000 calls, and my very first experience with Comcast was them making me wait all day on the first day I moved into an apartment (and had no food in my apartment at all, because I hadn't been to the store yet), as they said 8-10AM and apparently the guy didn't show up to work and eventually the installer they sent in his place showed up at about 5:30PM.

Actual service though has been very good for me.

I will say my parents have Comcast as well (and they live a couple hours away from me) and their service is terrible. I think they've expanded too fast and haven't made the improvements to the previous cable networks that they should have. At least that's my theory.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Aug 10th 2011, 16:58:44

JJosh, it sounds like you need a new router or modem if you are having dropped problems. I have comcast, and i love it. Never have problems with it... When i did start having problems, it was the routers fault ;)
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

crysk Game profile

Aug 10th 2011, 21:13:59

Well LI you're one of the lucky ones, because it seems almost everyone else has. Needless to say, in my area comcast has the only decent speeds around, so stuck with it.

Dragon Game profile

Aug 10th 2011, 21:58:25

Like I said earlier, I've had COmcast forever and my service rocks. 20M down and over 5M up and the service is totally reliable. It's SO reliable that I have my phone service thru Comcast as well. And I've had the same MTA (cable/telephone modem) for 10 years.

You Comcast customers having frequent problems are likely experiencing Outside Plant problems to to outside cable networks that need replaced.

That's still Comcast's problem. It's tremendously expensive to replace and update the Outside Plant and a lot of times, the people with the worst service are those who have been "absorbed" by Comcast or Charter, or Time Warner or whoever. Trust me. I've heard the same complaints from subscribers of most every cable company out there.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Aug 10th 2011, 22:55:14

honestly, i don't care *where* the problem is in their network. in a city the size of atlanta, for instance, there's no damn excuse for not making your equipment work. they don't even have the bad excuse of "low customer base" there.
and as an aside, i'm not aware of comcast having absorbed any cable companies in atlanta. as far as i'm aware, they were the first major cable company in the area. might be wrong on that'n tho

Dragon Game profile

Aug 10th 2011, 23:09:08

Prolly costs Comcast $50 million to upgrade the outside plant in Atlanta. You think your $50 a month for Internet can pay for that?

Just Sayin'

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Aug 10th 2011, 23:14:22

i think my $50/month plus 1 million other subscribers sure could.