Verified:

mdemon Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 22:21:25

well, crest didn't have that many jets, I kept urging him to get a decent amount. because he was just leeching my jets...

but if you want to know who had it worst this set...

check the news for Mischiefdemons Empire (#7)

now, that is what I would call "a real bad set"

:'(

blid

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2011, 22:25:56

well, at least you double tapped the guys who came at you.
how about Land of Monks? LOL
Didn't join GDI, got missiled to death by strangers
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 3:51:47

$3 billion in stock with 2 days left in Express and $17 million NW is all you could muster? I guess that 700A really did do a number on you.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

echlori Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 6:02:46

Originally posted by maverickmd:
Says the guy who stole someones country name.

So, blid stole Swamp Guardians?

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 12:46:44

Originally posted by crest23:
$3 billion in stock with 2 days left in Express and $17 million NW is all you could muster? I guess that 700A really did do a number on you.

gave up bro

blid

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2011, 14:24:49

No I didn't, he's talking to crest23.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

mdemon Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 15:43:16

maverick, you didn't give up, you grow by lots after he hit you. You fatten up a bit =P

Rockman Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 16:11:49

If someone topfeeds you, you either ruin their set, or you go on and win anyways. If you wimp out and just give up, you encourage people to keep topfeeding.

You need to teach noobs to not screw with people who are netting. If they take away your chance to win, you need to totally wreck their country. You need to defeat them in a war if they hurt you that bad. You can't just roll over and give up if you get hit, that only encourages people to topfeed you and others more in future sets.

I have to deal more with topfeeders because maverick MD apparently gives up and stops trying if you topfeed him, rather than making you pay for it. If good players would stand up to topfeeders and actually make them pay for messing with them, it would happen far less often.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2011, 16:19:03

I want to reiterate that maverickmd didn't get "topfed," he got attacked by people who were about 20 ranks above him and who he could not easily break back at that time. Eventually he probably could have, though.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 16:36:07

Originally posted by blid:
I want to reiterate that maverickmd didn't get "topfed," he got attacked by people who were about 20 ranks above him and who he could not easily break back at that time. Eventually he probably could have, though.

So he didn't have 3b cash when he was 'topfed'? He certainly made it sound like he did...

mdemon Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 17:36:37

crest brag to me about having hit this one country and getting $60M from it. 60M is a lot of money, but not enough to ruin someone's set.

I don't know about ruining the set of someone who messes up with yours. After all most of this guys here aren't really worth wasting a set on.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2011, 17:39:12

He maybe had the 3b when SpyvsSpy hit him at the end. The hits before that he didn't have anything.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 17:47:10

He said he had $3B stock on hand 2 WHOLE days before the end of the set, in EXPRESS and after that, he kept growing. You do the math.

@Rockman, what do you mean if you get topfed, then go to war? If I was to "topfeed" you and you went to war with me you think that would stop me from topfeeding you the next time I choose to want your land? If I topfeed you I win, I get the land, and the self gratitude that I broke you. If you choose to go to war for it, guess what? The turns you would need to play to ruin my set ensures you ruin your set.

By mavs definition of topfeed, he means if I recognize his name and know that he is a good player I should not hit him cos since I already know he is a good player, I should obviously know he will retal.

In my definition of topfeed, it is when a 2000A $2M NW country hits a 10KA $10M country just to mess with them.

I do not believe I topfed mav. I was a 2.4KA $700K dem high on weaps and milstrat, I saw a 7KA $800K theo casher fat as hell and was never hit (How nobody hit him, is beyond me). I hit me gaining about 40% in land sending less that 50% of his defence losing about half of what he lost in the grab. He retalled, lost a whole lot more than I did, and still bounced. And sent me messages crying about how I was the devil out to get him. If that is topfeeding, guess what I ain't going to stop. If I do hit you at some point in the future and you choose to go to war, big whoop, you lose, just for the fact that you deviate from your strategy, you lose. And a few days later, a new round begins.

I will almost always be land tight. I will almost always take more from a country I hit than they would from a retal and vice versa (unless they are indeed a topfeeder).

If I was genuinely a topfeeder, I would be going to town with the fat commies and fat theos every set, and yet I don't.

I hate playing under GDI and almost always go out of my way to avoid joining it. I also know that bottomfeeders will need to adjust their military make up to retal me. And when they do and in the case when I have allied with 133tz, Rob, mdemon, herbs, etc, when they see what I send to grab a bottom feeder and see the retal, they have in the recent past followed up with grabs on the bottomfeeder, and guess what, you lose (You can check my past histories and see how a countries generally just went away after I hit him cos peole see the news and "go get 'em boys").

The reason I like this game is it's a wild life out there. You slip up and get crippled, and don't try and recover on time, you are done.

Edited By: crest23 on Sep 26th 2011, 17:52:49
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 17:56:21

WHat I probably need to play is a dictator high on weaps and milstrat. That'll get me to my land goal pretty quickly.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 18:16:51

I don't know why this is an issue.

It's a clear case of a player that has far too little defense for the amount of land they run, and said player getting upset when someone takes advantage of that fact.

It's one landgrab. Get the fluff over it.
wut.

Rob Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 18:29:50

Mav, why did you sit on 3b cash? I would think it could have been put to good use getting fatter before you even had that much cash. More offense, more land more defence.

I come across quite a few players sitting on huge piles of cash in express. I of course never hit them, but i find it rather surprising as its counterproductive to sit on cash until you start stocking. I would rather sit on a load of turns rather than cash

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 3:06:22

Originally posted by TheVoices:
I don't know why this is an issue.

It's a clear case of a player that has far too little defense for the amount of land they run, and said player getting upset when someone takes advantage of that fact.

It's one landgrab. Get the fluff over it.

Can I get an AAAAAAMEN brothas and sistas!?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2011, 7:02:34

Like I said,FAT AZZ with NO D!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

maverickmd Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 15:22:16

PS Oct 2, 02:29 Innocent Hostility (#137)shaney99 (#99)2008 A

PS Oct 2, 14:32 Obvious Troll (#22) shaney99 (#99) 1728 A

What did you have shaney? Say 13-15 mil turrets?

blid

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2011, 19:58:49

Unlucky for Shaney to have two jetters suicide on him. I think they sent around 8m jets.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 20:24:52

They sent way too much.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

UBer Bu Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 23:33:01

Uh, one of those was a retal.
-take off every sig.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 2:00:56

Uh, who cares? Retalers are scum. "Oh no, you hit me for 300 acres! I'm going to get 6m jets and 0 turrets so I can suicide on you for 2000 and make it even!" Here's a guy who hit me: http://i.imgur.com/5l7sK.png

UBer Bu Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 2:57:41

Running without any turrets is dumb, I was just taken aback by the term 'suicider' being thrown around for a legit retal.
-take off every sig.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:01:35

Who cares if you're taken aback. A guy going all jets is a suicider, whether it's a retal or not. The guy in the ss did a "retal" on me just like Obvious Troll did a "retal" on Shaney. Both of them are jetter suiciders obsessed with retals.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:05:34

lol blid

taking a 1:1 retal is not suiciding
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:06:34

It is if you have 0 turrets 0 troops and 0 tanks. What else would you describe that as? Did you click the image I linked?? How is it not suiciding to have 0 defense?

Retals are fine, but going all jets just to get your precious retal is lame as fluff. That's what Troll did to shaney as well.

UBer Bu Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:12:20

Nobody in GDI needs troops or tanks if they don't plan on 2-tapping anybody.

How did somebody bounce on Troll if they were all jets?

Keep digging 8)
-take off every sig.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:14:18

You said: "Running without any turrets is dumb, I was just taken aback by the term 'suicider' being thrown around for a legit retal."

Jeez. Earth players need to learn what really makes a legit retal. A legit retal is surpassing or at least approaching in military someone who hit you earlier, and then making an attack in retaliation.

Going all jets and extremely low defense to attack someone may be a retaliatory hit, but it's a pathetic suicide by a person who can't accept that they got attacked. Those who do this should be scorned, not defended simply because it's a "retal."

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:17:12

What do troops or tanks have to do with anything being discussed? And what does someone bouncing on Troll 40 hours before his huge jet attack on shaney have to do with anything? 8) 8)

Kalick Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:21:26

I'm not sure you know what a suicider is. Suiciding is taking an action that you know will result in having your country killed, like a solo country ABing/missiling an alliance.

Going all jetter and taking retals is not suiciding.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:22:35

theres no point Kalick

he's half tarded
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Kalick Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:28:33

Originally posted by cRaZyDaVe:
theres no point Kalick

he's half tarded

You are being generous.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:29:24

Are you listening to yourself? If taking an action that can get your country killed is suiciding... how is going all jets for a retal not suiciding? The people who do this could be completely destroyed and the only reason they are not is because those they attack aren't willing to give up their round to do it.

Anyway, that's a disagreement based on semantics. Maybe it doesn't fit your definition of what constitutes a "suicide," so what? A 6m jet 1m turret province like ObviousTroll attacking someone with, say, 4m jets and 6m turrets like Shaney is just a sad person raging because they can't handle being hit, so they take desperate action. They are not making a noble "retal."

Kalick Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:32:41

Originally posted by blid:
province

We've found the root of the problem. This isn't Utopia.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:36:16

No, that game stinks and I'm still right.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 7:09:25

blid,suicider is a term used in servers where there are clans,and a person conducts attacks that WILL trigger that particular clan to kill his country,here,there are no suiciders,just idiots that sit back and wait for you or me or someone else to do a random landgrab on him,and he (the idiot),will fk you up just for the hell of it.
Running a country with no turrets nor other forms of defense,just jets,is a startegy,RISKY,but a strat :)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 8:03:25

Like I said, if me using the word "suicide" disagrees with you, it's just a semantical disagreement... who cares what you call it? My point is, a person taking their precious retal against someone that could 2x, 3x, 4x, or even 5x PS them back has no business taking that retal.

UBer Bu Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 12:34:35

So, what do you suggest? A polite message asking for an apology?

If you're a CI grabbing somebody, and you don't want to be hit back, then grab a little techer or casher that can't hit you back without blowing stock. If it's another CI, about your size and for whom the only effort involves changing production rates, then there's a solid chance you can get hit back.

Looking over the news for Troll, it doesn't look like they hit anybody without being hit first all week. Some suicider!
-take off every sig.

maverickmd Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 12:42:38

people hit Shanlee "they are suiciders"

people hit maverick "hes too weak to defend, cuz he only had 1.5 mil turrets on Wednesday"

GG

crest23 Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 13:11:39

Is waaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa back here again? Will you STFU already mav?

I give much props to anyone that retals. There is a risk of not joining GDI (you get hit in the teeth), there is a risk of going all-x (you probably won't retal so you get hit in the teeth), there is to playing rep (you get hit in the teeth), there is a risk to hitting people in the teeth (you also get hit in the teeth).

Don't whine about people taking there retals, it's unbecoming and makes you sound like mav. However someone wants to take a retal, is up to them. Every guy I hit that ended up becoming a top commi retalled me. The reason I hit them was I needed their CIs to get my spy network up to speed. One of them, silent scream said he was going to retal me regardless of the cost, which is cool with me. He did retal me and the cost? Close to half a milli in jets, LOST. Towards the end, only people with ridiculously high spy expenses would have been able to look into my country. You won't believe the number of people that tried to spy my country and when they couldn't moved on from the hit, or blind retalled. These guys were losing 500k offence to break me, LMFAO! It was too funny.

#124 was the funniest, I hit him for 1800A, he retalled for 1200A a few hours later he hit me again for another 1200A (losing about 1 mill jets in both hits), I was online when he hit me and seeing this as a fresh hit, I retalled him within seconds, for 1900A this time.

He sends me a msg about his retals do not stop until he gets at least 80% of the land I took and would be retalling me in 2 hours. Should I get in a war with him? Or let it slide? I figured that the land exchanges weren't in my favor and I had dropped from 17KA on 7 mill NW to 18K acres on 6.5MNW and if that continued, I would be landfat. I took his "retal". He was a noob that didn't need me to teach him that a 17.5A commi on 7 million NW was more enticing than a 16KA dict on 6.5 million NW.

The next day I saw a bunch of spy attempts on my country and no hits and #124? He was at 12KA on less than 4 MNW. About 8 countries had decided he was indeed landfat. His goods had sold and his NW plummeted (he really shouldn't have been writing those checks).

By the way, everyone that retalled me somehow ended up getting ABed, dead, or didn't really amount to much (silent scream, Oden, #124, korni, etc..) Those that didn't retal mostly ended up pretty well off, so the moral of this story is DO NOT RETAL ME, please, it's for your own sake. Just take me boots to yer teeth and I thank me very much.

Edited By: crest23 on Oct 3rd 2011, 13:27:16
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 13:20:46

And blid, imagine me starting late and playing tyr or dict and looking to get land as quickly as possible not caring much for exploring, with my style of playing if I check the news and I saw someone making a hit (writing a check) that their NW states they cannot cash? I'm going to say to myself, one of these guys has little to no defence. Either the 13KA/4MNW taking 2KA from the 15KA 8MNW is going to be my friend real quick. One or the other has no defence and I will take advantage of that.

Let it rest, their dues will be paid at some point. If I saw a guy on 13KA with ZERO defence, can I get a Farmville up in here!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2011, 15:14:13

Some people just don't get it,Crest23 :/,its a simple mathematical formula,I got grabbed numerous times by countries that for me,didn't make sence to retal,I would have lost way more than what I recover :/ math,math,math,kiddos!
(•_•)