Verified:

the Temple

Jun 16th 2015, 15:09:44

but the scenarios you're talking about with all jetters are by definition easy break back. it's automatic to all intents and purposes if you're big enough for this to be a problem. More turrets and less land fat makes you a less tempting target and he'll go elsewhere.

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:11:32

Originally posted by the Temple:
but the scenarios you're talking about with all jetters are by definition easy break back. it's automatic to all intents and purposes if you're big enough for this to be a problem.
But hes in 100 DR. So now what? Do you understand the porblem being discussed? Its is about DR

the Temple

Jun 16th 2015, 15:14:41

And if you look at my example you'll see the changes proposed bugger over a player who was put in that DR after he hit you. Do you understand the porblem being discussed?

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:19:15

I replied why I dont think that matters. The harm is very small there. First your are getting hit by a guy you hit. Not so bad already, going around coming around instead of hit by random DR jetter. Second if your are really in a big war then do you care about fgetting hit a retal, when the other guy hit you 100 AB and miossile? Third if your are hit by 100 AB and missile you may have droped your land low anyway and wont be losing much still.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:41:12

The problem are players who disrupt the game, not DR. And that will always be there. If you fix DR, they'll just go about it a different way.

Even if DR was 'fixed', what stops them from RoR'ing 3-4 different times? Sure, you get your land back (with fewer buildings each time), but you don't stop the disruption.

They could have 0 DR w/ all jets and still ruin your set. DR isn't the issue.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:43:40

It's like temple said-

Make yourself less of a target by carrying around more turrets and less land.

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:45:49

I will ignore the retarted post directly above and respond to the first one!

Originally posted by Celphi:
The problem are players who disrupt the game, not DR. And that will always be there. If you fix DR, they'll just go about it a different way.

Even if DR was 'fixed', what stops them from RoR'ing 3-4 different times? Sure, you get your land back (with fewer buildings each time), but you don't stop the disruption.

They could have 0 DR w/ all jets and still ruin your set. DR isn't the issue.

if they ROR 3-4 different times. Its still annoying.and disruptive player. However, that is disruptions happening along the intended design of the game.and solely a disruptive player. Player abusing DR is often a recognize player and is also NOT the intension of DR.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:49:57

Ok so let's talk hypothetically here:

Let's say we 'fixed' DR. You still have to make it a number. Is it 10? Is it 15?

Say you LG me. I'll just bounce X amount of attacks on you just to get you to reach that threshold and then everyone gets max retals on you.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:50:38

Or- a player could just stay 1 DR below that number and continue doing what's happening now.

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:55:08

What? The DR would not change but only would be ignore for retails. So what you say makes no sense

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:55:39

I begin to think the people opposing a fix have no concept of what going on here lol.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:57:25

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

You want a player who is deep in DR (define deep DR. What #?) to be able to give away a free retal ignoring DR rules. Give me a DR #.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 15:59:17

In order to program it, you have to set a number., sure you might have a conception of what 'high DR is' but give me an actual number.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 16:00:21

Because whatever # you pick, say it be 100, that means 99 is not high DR. Be it 15, that means 14 is not high DR.

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 16:02:12

In order to program it, you have to set a number., sure you might have a conception of what 'high DR is' but give me an actual number.
No you dont. You dont know what your are talking about.

If country has attacked you,
and you have not attacked them,
then country DR is 0 - for YOU.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 16:05:17

So you're talking about making individual DR for every single player against each player, rather than the current method which assigns a player a DR based on multiple players hitting them.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 16:12:02

Right now- a player has one DR #. If a player has 10DR it's because they recieved 10 hits (which could be from multiple players).

You're suggesting a player would have multiple DR #s. One for each player in the game.

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 16:28:16

No not a different number for every player in the game. One main number say it is 10. And then for each person they have attacked, who have not retaled, the number is 0. So 0 is assigned to maybe 5 players or such and the number 10 is auto for all other players. This is not rocket scientist.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 16:49:32

So to program that in PHP (using the method I just mentioned), it would be:

// <--- implies comments as with all php programming
// $c(attacker)c(defender) variable
// c1 = country #1
// c2 = country #2

// coding occurs after (c1) SS/PS (c2):
$c1c2++;
$c2c1--;

// coding occurs just before (c1) SS/PS (c2):
if (c2c1 =< 1){
DR = 0 // not permanent, strictly for this instance
} else {
// DR remains unchanged }

================================================================================================

Then you could sub in any country #.
Country #4 SS/PS Country #30
c4c30++;
c30c4--;

// coding occurs before (c30) SS/PS (c4):
if (c4c30 =< 1){
} else {

ect... I think Qzjul would get the point.
=============================================================================================

Basically the above does this:

Attacker vs Defender.
Each time a person attacks, a variable is created:
$[Attackernumberhere][defendernumberhere]

+1 is added to it. and -1 is added to $[defendernumberhere][attackernumberhere]

before an attack occurs
their opponent's variable is checked. if it's greater than 1 then DR = 0, otherwise continue as normal.

each attack and defend creates a creation of a variable using the attacker / defender

Edited By: Celphi on Jun 16th 2015, 16:59:12. Reason: [ Irrelevant ]

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 16:56:16

Almost but only one retail would be DR free. I cant read your strange language but I believe it would allow player to trade hits baxk and forth with DR permanent 0.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 16:57:47

So only one? So if someone PS you x2 you should only get 1 retal back for free?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 17:00:22

The code above basically allows for each PS made against their country by a specific country a 0 DR retal is allowed back.

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 17:01:08

You people are turning this fluff into a sandbox game everyone is a special snowflake who deserves every opportunity to get what they want. And random fluff doesn't happen anymore.

This will turn into a joke really fast.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 17:01:29

If you make it only one- doesn't the issue still arise when they go deep into DR and PS you x2 with all jets?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 17:03:42

@mrford:
heh, im not part of those people. ive said all along to keep it as it is.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 17:05:46

I'd rather have interface upgrades and more abilities with profiles and stats/ scoreboards than changes to the game itself. Well,. and bot upgrades. I wish we could implement our own bots on the EXPRESS server. Those are the changes that I endorse.

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 17:09:57

If you make it only one- doesn't the issue still arise when they go deep into DR and PS you x2 with all jets?
Yes but they just broke GDI. It is just like any disruption player RORing or what ever - can always cause a problem for you. But cant exploit it for theiyre own gain right? Like if Im in 100 DR and topfeed 10 players. I gain 2000 land each I gain 20000 land. And they cant get back and I laugh all way to the bank! <---- FLAW IN GAME
Whereas.if im RORing or 2x tapping I can only laugh to the bank if they let it and dont pancake me lol. Thats just im an asshole and thats just how earth work sometimes.

earf

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 17:11:54

Originally posted by mrford:
You people are turning this fluff into a sandbox game everyone is a special snowflake who deserves every opportunity to get what they want. And random fluff doesn't happen anymore.

DR abuses are a bug to be fixed. Not a sandbox lol. Theres set of people who just think any misutake in game should remain for ever because any change at any time is coddling instead of just fixing a oversight error in code. Earth player needs to be smarter then that and recognize which tyhings are just apart of the game and which thing are mistakes being exploit

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 17:12:59

I see what you're saying- ok I'll make the adjustment.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 17:24:19

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Jun 16th 2015, 17:32:56. Reason: [ Irrelevant ]

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 17:27:01

// coding occurs after (c1) SS/PS (c2):
$c1c2++;
$c2c1--;
if (c1c2 =< 2){
// DR remains unchanged & omit c2c1 check
} else {
// coding occurs just before (c1) SS/PS (c2):
if (c2c1 =< 1){
} else {
}

For further explanation read previous posts.

Edited By: Celphi on Jun 16th 2015, 17:32:27. Reason: [ Irrelevant ]

MountainYeti Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 18:04:44

I think you guys are over complicating this. Simply make it so DR doesnt apply to retals. Whether the high dr target hits you once or multiple times make it so you can return an equal number of hits without DR affecting the outcome.

Big targets are still gonna lose overall on trades but thats the price you pay for being a landfat target. At least this way the trades wont be as 1 sided

the Temple

Jun 16th 2015, 20:39:41

All you guys are going to do here is encourage multi taps and rors. It won't make sense to top feed several players, just pick on the one you think is least likely to war or most want to mess with.

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 20:41:05

Originally posted by earf:

DR abuses are a bug to be fixed. Not a sandbox lol. Theres set of people who just think any misutake in game should remain for ever because any change at any time is coddling instead of just fixing a oversight error in code. Earth player needs to be smarter then that and recognize which tyhings are just apart of the game and which thing are mistakes being exploit

it isnt a bug it is something you dont like. there is a distinct difference between the two. you seem to think that you have the right to always be able to get your land back. that is a sandbox.

next you are going to tell me suiciders are a bug.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Frybert Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 20:47:05

Bugs? No. Buggers? Yes.

earf

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2015, 0:27:42

it isnt a bug it is something you dont like. there is a distinct difference between the two. you seem to think that you have the right to always be able to get your land back. that is a sandbox.

next you are going to tell me suiciders are a bug.
DR abuse is a bug. Or if you rather. A loophole people are abussing. DR is there to protect your fluffty countryies like yours from loosing too much land. It is not there to use as a weapon it is there to defend the weak. People are weaponizing DR which is not it is intension #cucumber

mrford Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 0:38:26

IF I AM BUTTHURT YOU MUST FIX THE PROBLEM!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 0:40:09

your fluffty countryies like yours

that last post of yours was a mess. if you want to get insulting make sure you dont insult yourself along the way like that.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 17th 2015, 0:50:27
Swagger of a Chupacabra

vatzooland

Jun 18th 2015, 4:16:19

just remove DR . Will be more fun and more kills :)

drkprinc Game profile

Jun 18th 2015, 5:30:46

no dr no ghost acres lets make it earth 101 (simple)
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Nerrus Game profile

Jun 18th 2015, 6:43:06

1) Make GDI membership default: members cannot leave GDI and War cost is free of charge.

2) Humanitarian range for attacking 1/6 of Networth, but no humanitarian range for retaling.

3) Players can only attack/retal twice, however second attack/retal breaks GDI. First attack/retal gets buildings, land, money, technology and ghost land, but second attack/retal gets buildings, land, money, technology, and no ghost land.

After that War must be declared in order to continue attacking/retaling, but keep in mind that the player you declared War on can now do the same to you. All War attacks/retals gets buildings, land, money, technology and no ghost land.

4) You can only war one player at a time.

5) During war you cannot attack other players and vice versa.

6) During war you can be retalled by other players; Rules 2 & 3 apply.

Edited By: Nerrus on Jun 18th 2015, 8:14:08
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

the Temple

Jun 18th 2015, 8:15:32

Originally posted by Nerrus:
1) Make GDI membership default: members cannot leave GDI and War cost is free of charge.

2) Humanitarian range for attacking 1/6 of Networth, but no humanitarian range for retaling.

3) Players can only attack/retal twice, however second attack/retal breaks GDI. First attack/retal gets buildings, land, money, technology and ghost land, but second attack/retal gets buildings, land, money, technology, and no ghost land.

After that War must be declared in order to continue attacking/retaling, but keep in mind that the player you declared War on can now do the same to you. All War attacks/retals gets buildings, land, money, technology and no ghost land.

5) During war you cannot attack other players and vice versa.

6) During war you can be retalled by other players; Rules 2 & 3 apply.

Mummy says you need to come home, it's tea time.

Nerrus Game profile

Jun 18th 2015, 8:42:41

@ the Temple : Thanks for the feedback.

5) During war other players can retal you: Rules 2 & 3 apply.

6) During war other players cannot attack you, but you can attack them: Rules 2, 3 & 5 apply.

Edited By: Nerrus on Jun 18th 2015, 8:46:04
^..^ Surren ^..^

the Temple

Jun 18th 2015, 9:22:41

6) During war other players cannot attack you, but you can attack them: Rules 2, 3 & 5 apply.

hahahahah. ha.

I war you , you war me, agree no attacks, no def land fat hit free all Xs for everyone.

the Temple

Jun 18th 2015, 9:29:07

the way you guys wnat to nerf everything you might as well take the attacks all together and set yourselves up a land bank. I'll contract you 200 acres at 50% interest for 100 turns.

Nerrus Game profile

Jun 18th 2015, 9:34:45

@ the Temple : Ok, thanks for the feedback again.

5) During war other players can retal you. (Rule 3)

6) During war other players cannot attack you: If you attack them, then they can retal you back. (Rules 5 & 3)

Edited By: Nerrus on Jun 18th 2015, 10:26:48
^..^ Surren ^..^

the Temple

Jun 18th 2015, 9:38:40

6) During war other players cannot attack you

Ding, ding ding, ding. HEellloooooo

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2015, 10:14:38

@ the Temple : Ok, thanks for the feedback again.

5) During war other players can retal you. (Rules 3)

6) During war other players cannot attack you: If attack them, then they can retal you back (Rules 5 & 3)

I actually like this idea. +1.

(When he says 'during war' I believe he's referring to when you declare war on someone).

the Temple

Jun 18th 2015, 12:14:27

The way it reads to me is that turn 100 you declare war on someone, and then no one can attack you. Best GDIever

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2015, 12:23:07

You wouldn't be able to on turn 100 unless someone hit you x2.