Verified:

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 17:46:43

lotta purple this set. lotta MD names in purple, at that....

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 18:08:56

And by alot, you mean 2 MDers?
2 MDers that are related.
1 of which is learning and playing for the first time and 1 MDer that was at his house teaching him how to play.
2 countries playing from the same IP is auto deleted, and they are discussing it, or will be with Pang I believe.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 18:26:32

lol
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 19:00:04

guess we'll see - I thought I recognized a 3rd from MD, but since it didn't actually have MD in the name I guess I can't say for sure. If it was an innocent mistake, then kudos for them - if they were smart, they woulda mentioned it to mods before they played from the same IP though.

Guess that means only 2 deletions so far otherwise....that's not nearly as noteworthy

justtaint

Sep 1st 2011, 23:33:37

No point in confirming what Mav said, but its true. One of the members has talked to Martian and already restarted. They were using Express to teach/learn.
SlashMD

Jiman Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 23:52:37

Express is a great place to learn to play IMO

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 15:02:22

Yes and no.

In the strictest sense of things, I think what the deleted MD guys did was a rule violation (external collaboration by cross server allies, not the whole IP shenanigan), in spirit if not in practice. Personally, I don't think it's a really bad thing at all in this situation, but I'm not the one who gets to decide such things.

So...

While Express IS a great learning environment for a whole lot of reasons, how the teaching goes on needs to be really carefully laid out/watched to make sure it doesn't cross the boundary of appropriate behavior for the server.

PS - Does anyone else find it completely awesome that spell check recognizes 'shenanigan' in Chrome!? :-D

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 15:04:30

There is definitely external collaboration going on with MD folks.

Could post any number of PMs from a couple players in express atm that are expressly threatening, and using MDers to make that threat.
wut.

braden Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 15:06:05

have them deleted, tv!

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 15:08:20

Oh, they've already been reported. :)
wut.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 15:35:27

calling you a jerk for top feeding 4 people that also play MD is not collusion.

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 16:01:01

It's not topfeeding if I am ranked above them, cupcake.

But I guess it's a lot less jerky to triple and quad tap lowbies that can't defend themselves.
wut.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 16:26:42

No I'm happy to call them jerks.

Kalick Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 16:32:49

What level of coordination is allowed between in game allies? I know its an individual server, but I don't know where to find what the limitations are. Obviously it shouldn't be turned into an alliance server, but if my defensive ally is getting farmed, I can help him wage a war, yes?

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 16:41:06

Colluding with your admin friend to use your friendship to have countries incorrectly deleted should also be a deleteable offense no? I mean if this a philosophical debate of symantics

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 16:47:57

Originally posted by maverickmd:
Colluding with your admin friend to use your friendship to have countries incorrectly deleted should also be a deleteable offense no? I mean if this a philosophical debate of symantics

Countries in an individual server shouldn't be using their alliance server affiliations as a threat, nor should they imply that their alliance server affliations have any bearing on individual server play if they don't want to be at risk of potential rules violation.

No semantics involved.
wut.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 17:16:05

Unless, said symnatics refers to the scenario that Kalick outlined above. In which case it does matter and requires clarification of these "ambiguious" rules you speak of.

As for the original issue discussed on the thread, they were deleted for for similar IPs i believe. No one cares if they get their countries deleted in Express if they made a legitimate mistake. They were more interested in having their countries restored in Alliance I believe.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 17:58:15

But as to me, if im involved in this collusion you speak of. I've played every express round since I started playing agian 2 months ago and vary my allies every set as well as this set. You are in GDI, so giving that, the collusion you mentioned can not be real unless you violated GDI in which case people kill "mid feeders" all the time.

The interesting fact that I pointed out was that you hit like 4 MDers in a row. WHich is weird given that the probability of that is 1:1,714,870,920 which was very suspicious. I also never said you were being threatened, rather you inferred it. I futher clarified by saying, sucks because most good mders make their retals even in express :( And then i think i said, you sure were "unlucky" to grab 4 people from MD in a row.

Nothing i ever sent you was anything remotely similar to "RAWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRR MDERS LETS GET INTO WAR CHAT AND MESS THIS GUY UP".

Maybe other members said differently, but again it comes down to whether they are or arent allies in express and also it is very difficult to prove "collusion" or abuse of obsure rules that arent in direct violation of game rules like exchanging Ghost acres or something like that.

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:08:33

You're absolutely right. My target selection has nothing to do with the fact that several targets were rather fat for the amount of defense they were carrying. Instead I decided to place inspector freaking gadget and hunt down MD members. You caught me.

My accusations of collusion had nothing to do with the message you sent me telling me how profoundly unlucky I was to have crossed Moral Decay, and lamenting the end of my reset. Newsflash, pal.

You brought your 1a tag into this. You used it as an indirect threat, and only started changing your tune when you got called on collusion. If you want to take your retals, take your retals.

Otherwise, keep MD in alliance where it belongs, stop sending me emo /wrists ingame messages, and play the damn game. If you don't want people to think you're being shady, you guys should probably stop getting deleted, and waving your MD epeens every time someone grabs you on another server.
wut.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:14:57

maverickmd - your math sucks
given a certain networth range, certain DR and ghost acre DR requirements, and other requirements for the attractiveness of targets, the chances of someone hitting 4 MD countries is tens of millions times more likely than your number, if not hundreds of millions times more likely.

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:17:40

Can we please stop reffering to them as 'MD Countries'?

MD countries are found in 1a. Express is an individual server. There are no 'MD countries', just players suggesting an off server affiliation means something in express.
wut.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:20:35

lol - maverick, you expressly stated that 2 MD players were working together on the server. That is all my reference was to. I'm sure after enough deletions, you guys will learn what flies here and what doesn't. The rule is ambiguous for a good reason - if you don't understand that reason, I'm sure someone will be happy to explain

Accusing the mods of showing bias towards MD when you expressly said they violated a server rule in your first post in this thread is petty and childish. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you know better, and just typed before thinking.

TV - blanket term?

Edited By: NOW3P on Sep 2nd 2011, 18:22:53
See Original Post

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:22:04

yes and you inferred a threat. one was not implied

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:25:33

If there was no threat, why bother to send me a message pointing out that I had grabbed four 'MD countries', telling me how unfortunate that was, and saying you're sorry about my set?

Just what is that supposed to mean? Especially when this bullfluff about "Oh I just meant retals!!" Only came after I called your behavior out in public?
wut.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:28:50

Kalick - in a general sense, if you use in game tools to collaborate (in game messages, forums, private messaging (? on this one), or random alliance spamming), you are probably going to be fine. If you're setting up cooperation from, say, your Alliance clan's Boxcar site, or in IRC, you're probably getting close to a line you could get deleted for crossing.

IRC is kind of a fine line too, as I understand it, because it would probably be ok to in game message your allies to meet up in IRC to talk in more detail, but it wouldn't be ok to pull people from an active room for a clan on another server. I'm not 100% on this though, so some clarification here would be really nice.

This is just a 3rd party explanation, so I'd look to a mod or admin to clarify, but I think that's about the gist of it.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:48:55

and these are 2 seperate issues that Thevoices blurred by linking the first issue of someone teaching someone to play from the same house. Which is different from the later discussions of countries colluding here.

The first issue was wrong (mistake or otherwise) and deleting them makes sense. The second issue, the one that the voices posted here was about threatening messages. And how he "inturpreted" them, versus what the authors intention may or may not have been.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:50:57

No, you're the douche that made a non-issue a public one. Im just trying to explain that you're just making up random stuff and used a previous board about deletions to give your silliness strength.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 18:58:28

And you are correct, i should have said, "Dang, sucks that you were unlucky enough to grab 4 good players, instead of 4 MD countries". Then it would have been small talk, instead of your inferred collusion conspiracy theory.

like i said symantics and BS and thats about the depth of the discussion

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:02:21

And you can say this is an individual based server, but the fact that you have the ability to have "pacts" also implies that for the round you have defined allies that may or may not choose to work together. But again i believe that is the question kalick was asking.

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:06:21

Except you didn't say "Dang, sucks that you were unlucky enough to grab 4 good players, instead of 4 MD countries".

And, as was said earlier, your tone only shifted to "Lol, talking about retals bro!" after your ingame behavior was brought up, and you needed a way to spin it, dagga style.

1) "MD" has already had deletions for rules violations this reset.

2) "MD" has players sending (here, I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt" "potentially threatening' messages to other players, using the weight of a 1a tag in a confrontational manner.

3) Your defense of your actions has not been consistent through the entire evolution of this 'discussion', with your defense going from "You're a jerk that topfeeds!", to accusing me of collaboration with mods, to suggesting that I systematically targetted "MD countries", to this bullfluff now about just offering a friendly warning about retals.

Tell you what, Mav. Take five minutes, get your story straight, and keep your damn 1a tag out of Express. If you don't want to be accused of collusion, don't suggest that your 1a affiliations mean anything here- they don't.
wut.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:08:47

I dont have a story. You are the author.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:16:06

1. Like i said, you used the prior deletions to give merit to how you interpretted PM ingame. Does it change the fact that a new player to the game made a mistake? No. Does it have anything to do with developing a case that MD is cheaters? no. Did you need to post your whisperings of collusion here? No.

2. however what other MDers are doing isnt relavent to me, given that I am not colluding. (see above answer again of your inferred threats)

3. yes the discussion has evolved. it doesnt mean that the initial concepts being discussed have evolved. Like i have always said my msg to you was meant to be about top feeding. you replied with MEW MEW it was a DH. Then i saw that you randomly hit some other MDers who i happened to know the country names off. I replied to your MEW MEW it was a DH msg with, Sucks because they were MDers. (Meaning that they are a higher probability of retalling). Again everything was inferred by you, regarding me.

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:16:11

Mav, don't feed the troll bro :)

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:16:42

:(

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:17:06

But im bored at work

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:21:13

Originally posted by TheVoices:
If you don't want to be accused of collusion, don't suggest that your 1a affiliations mean anything here- they don't.

Everything else is spin, Dagg... I mean Mav. Keep posting tangential bullfluff, keep changing your story, and coming up with something else to accuse me of, though I'm not sure how easily it will be to top your accusations of me conspiring against you with the admins, or that I was secretly hunting down MD members on a server where MD doesn't exist, despite 1.7 billion:1 odds (lol?)

Keep spining, but it all comes back to one teensy, tiny fact you dance around like a ballerina on speed.

Originally posted by TheVoices:
If you don't want to be accused of collusion, don't suggest that your 1a affiliations mean anything here- they don't.
wut.

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:28:10

Now now Voices, if MD was REALLY gonna plot against ya, would of made the move already :P

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:32:41

Although in general we do not comment specifically about any particular deletion I will clarify that those two countries were not deleted for "collusion" but for other game rules violations. If something looks suspicious the tendency is to delete first and consider the appeal second.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:34:31

For the record: behavior that will get you deleted on other servers will get you deleted on express as well. The standards are the same as for primary and tourney.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Fatty Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:50:22

I can vouch for Martians statement.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

Kalick Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 19:55:13

Martian, I've never played on those servers on EE, and am not sure what constitutes collusion. Can I Def/Research ally up with people I know from 1A? If somebody triple taps me, can I ask my ingame allies for help with a kill run? Can I ask people who are not my ingame allies for assistance?

I didn't know this collusion rules existed, and think I've probably crossed the line a few times in Express without knowing it.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 22:19:11

So let me get this straight....

MD is mad because TV grabbed 4 of their countries in a short period of time, even though there's only 2 live countries on the server w/ MD in the name and he likely couldn't have had any way of knowing all 4 were MD countries that are supposed to be playing individually anyways, so a couple of MD members start getting a little imposing w/ him about taking their land, and (at least it appears) start throwing around the MD name in the interest of keeping their land.

I dunno if the messages exist or not - but if they do they ought to be shared w/ the mods, and some "clarification" should be given to the folks involved as far as that sort of thing in Express.

If the messages don't exist, then everyone needs to stfu and start buying my tanks.

Either way, this is getting beyond silly.

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 22:37:50

The relevant PMs have been provided to the proper people. All th spin here is meaningless. Admins will look into it i'm sure.

Like I said- if people don't want this kind of scrutiny, they can keep their 1a affiliations in 1a where they belong.
wut.

braden Game profile

Sep 3rd 2011, 1:26:55

if tv and now started an alliance, i'd join without question.

we have three!

(team, i guess, would work better than express, or we'd be deleted)

blid

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2011, 3:47:06

Personally I think it's unfair just to put MD in your name, ie TNCR TheDragonRebornMD or whatever. Displaying clan tags in an individual game is a method of intimidation and is cheating. IMO, anyone displaying clan tags in a solo game should be deleted.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 3rd 2011, 4:17:32

I wouldn't go that far - I occasionally put KoH in my names, even though it hasn't been around for years.

justtaint

Sep 3rd 2011, 5:10:40

If the game admins tell me I can't do that, I'll stop. That has been my name for the last 12+ years in all servers of all the Earth related games I have played. Its my name, it means something to me, but if its against the rules I will desist.

As for keeping Alliance away from Express, why don't you tell that to SOL as well.

The players from MD who have countries in Express would like an interpretation of the rules. From what I can tell, the only thing that applies to Express is the "No Clans Allowed" rule, which is extremely vague.

Please try and remember that it isn't Moral Decay speaking. It is a select few of Moral Decay 1A members who have chosen to play Express.

Moral Decay is not mad that 4 of its members were grabbed by TV, a few members of MD noticed the attacks. Of the two live countries with MD in their name, I am one and the other tried to suicide on my country a few minutes ago (and is therefore not a member of MD).

To sum this crapola up, Mav sent a PM to TV that stated TV hit four interrelated countries. TV took it as a threat, Mav meant it as something different. Mav and I are both members of Moral Decay in 1A, and have taken a liking to Express as a learning tool to sharpen our skills. A few other members of Moral Decay have followed us to Express and have on occasion identified themselves as MD members in their country names. Members of Moral Decay are not the only people who have done so over the course of time, you can check the country names for yourself, but there are a few tags contained in the names.

This all started because TV was "lucky" enough to target the select few countries of Moral Decay members who have decided to play in Express. Some might assume some conspiracy committed by TV in hitting 4 within a short amount of time (although I'm more likely to attribute it to randomness). TV felt "intimidated" by the (arguably) justified response from a couple of that targeted countries.

If I can't have the country name that I've been choosing for 12+ years, let me know and I can guarantee you won't see any other MDer with that in their names.
SlashMD

Celeborn Game profile

Sep 3rd 2011, 8:10:21

not that it even matters, but...

the origional statement included deletion because of two people from the same IP, one teaching another

anyone else recognize the level of MORON the "teacher" would have to be to allow two countries to be used from the same IP?
I am,
therefore I RAGE.

mazooka Game profile

Sep 3rd 2011, 9:57:16

Maverick, you sound like an ass. You probably dont know but admins have worked hard to keep alliance tactics out of express. See, pricks used to do what you tried. TV is 100% right, keep your 1a alliance in 1a.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 3rd 2011, 12:31:10

Looks like Mazooka can be banned for inappropriate comments.

MD isnt trying to take over express or change the dynamic of the express server. I dont even know who all the people that also play on MD 1a are. Infact some of them have messaged me yelling that I am an Ahole for grabbing them this round.

That was the whole point. That TV inferred something out of nothing. The second point was that instead of creating a new topic thread about his interpretation, he decided to post it here in a thread about an unrelated issue. THus, creating my annoyance and also all of the confusion on this thread.

Slash has outline the complete explanation above very well. (And in complete paragraphs I might add). The admins are smart people and are looking to improve the game and this is a none issue.

Edited By: maverickmd on Sep 3rd 2011, 14:28:22
See Original Post