Verified:

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 22nd 2010, 3:47:16

Ok everyone I know Lincoln tried to have this discussion so lets have one.

***Warning Any posting about LAe or Lincoln or anything not on topic will be deleted this is a feedback thread*****

So what does everyone thing of the new changes???

Edited By: Warster on Oct 22nd 2010, 4:54:02
See Original Post
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Spear Game profile

Oct 22nd 2010, 3:53:32

Too early to tell. I'm interested to see how they affect final NW.

Thomas Game profile

Oct 22nd 2010, 4:56:05

I love that you can dictate when the goods come back.

I don't like that you have to join GDI in protection. Just an added expense so early on when you have very little income.

That's all for now.

joedro Game profile

Oct 22nd 2010, 16:34:36

I like it havnt used it yet, but i do know it will come in handy! is there a time limit?
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 1:46:32

/me comments about LAE
/me comments about Lincoln
/me comments on purely non-related items

Mr Charcoal~

PS: So far i like the changes
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 2:24:11

I like the whole set of GDI changes. It seems to have provided at least a decent level of protection for netters. It's not bullet proof by any means, but overall I think it's a good solution.

The changes to the public market are nice, but I can see a little bit of room for manipulation/exploitation there if folks were to organize some sort of shenanigans. It does make it rather nice for stocking. I'm sure this has been answered somewhere else, but I can't be bothered to go looking for it - are there min and max time frames that can be set?

Thomas Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 2:57:38

2 hours to 30 hours

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 3:04:34

Very nice

Good changes. Bob Dole approves.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2010, 12:41:57

The new "hints" will be very helpful for new players. I like that oil is now included on the private market. Great improvements

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 23rd 2010, 13:02:41

made a country but have yet to login. will try next round
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

dantzig Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 19:11:26

The only change that I don't like so far is the private market oil price of $300. Oil is $320 right now but no one will buy that since it's cheaper on private (my private price is ~$250). Either do away with oil or raise the private market price to $1000+.
FoG

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 20:09:24

If oil is over $320, oilers have a LONG way to drop prices before they have to worry about not making a fat profit.

Fatty Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 19:37:47

Time of goods on market is awesome. True Genius.

Private market for oil is Genius.

GDI blows an infected goat.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

locket Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 20:19:37

awww you cant suicide anymore...sad.

Spear Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:01:29

Random suiciding is the only weapon Fatty has in his never-ending struggle to stay relevant.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 25th 2010, 3:36:29

Please stay on topic guys.

We forgot to change the time to market to 15 min - 45 min. That change will be in effect starting next set.

I played a country but didn't really have time to pay attention to anyone else's country. Was the environment different at all?

mrford Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 3:52:58

I didn't use the public market at all

just sold on the private. And I didn't get grabbed much at all really. But I wasn't in GDI either

now that I think about it, I didn't use any of the changes
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 4:32:15

Slag - Just from watching the news, the suicide factor seems to have gone down a hair. Although it could have just as easily been a quiet set.

NW's seemed a bit low, but I only got a look about 50 min before end of set. May or may not have been related, IF there were no major changes to the top 10 after I looked last.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2010, 9:36:02

I played a demo techer, The peasants are revolting. Amazingly I never got LG'd at all! And when I was in top place for a while nobody sent any missiles my way. Someone still grabbed a few tech points off me but it wasn't a big loss. So the environment was more peaceful

The biggest diference I saw was being able to put a large % of your goods on the market, 45% I believe. Big advantage for buying and selling stuff. Selling $39 bushels on the Private market was another big advantage for demos. I had my personal highest final NW ever, nearly $18mm NW

Rob Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 14:48:41

Haven't had a chance to play an entire set, but I think the changes are a major improvement to the gameplay.

The only change i'm not too sure about (not saying that its not good) is the % of goods allowed to be placed on the market. As i did not play an entire set, could someone enlighten me on how the tech & military prices were affected? Did the increased supply reduce the prices significantly? Or did the increased amount of goods on market (tech & military) make techers & commies stronger?

dantzig Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 22:26:47

The new GDI made things interesting for me. I tried to play a strat based on carefully selected single LGs. It went very well until I screwed up and accidentally attacked someone twice. One country was especially frustrated that they couldn't retal my LG with a missile or special attack and it was very nice to just laugh at them.

I think that the limit for attacks while maintaining GDI protection is too low. 2 attacks/offensive spy ops per set just isn't enough, especially in express. Changing it to either MORE THAN 2 attacks/offensive spy ops per set and/or establishing a timeframe for the attacks (24 hours for Express) would make GDI worthwhile. As it is, it's basically anti-missile/special attack protection for all-x countries. It also has a gaping hole that I didn't see anyone exploit this round: a non-GDI country could grab a GDI country multiple times and the GDI country could only retal once without opening itself up to missiles and special attacks, basically forcing itself to go to war. Some guys always go to war for retal on retal but there are many situations in which it would be advantageous to just return the LG and carry on. Perhaps changing the criteria to more than 1 or 2 unretaliated SS, PS, or offensive spy op would be better? Then the GDI country has the choice between retaliating with a LG or going to war.

I liked the changes to the market: being able to sell more at a time and specify time on market. Tech prices seemed drop quicker and lower than recent previous rounds which isn't a bad thing since they never adjusted from changing the researching coefficient several rounds ago.
FoG

Thomas Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 22:37:37

Originally posted by Getafix:
I played a demo techer, The peasants are revolting. Amazingly I never got LG'd at all! And when I was in top place for a while nobody sent any missiles my way. Someone still grabbed a few tech points off me but it wasn't a big loss. So the environment was more peaceful

The biggest diference I saw was being able to put a large % of your goods on the market, 45% I believe. Big advantage for buying and selling stuff. Selling $39 bushels on the Private market was another big advantage for demos. I had my personal highest final NW ever, nearly $18mm NW

So you were one of my allies :)

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2010, 23:43:59

Thats right, and thanks Thomas! Good to know you

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2010, 23:01:38

Note, these opinions come from someone who typically does not play commie or express. I felt that the increased amount you could sell at a time was too much. As a commie, there is too much fluctuation selling 60% at a time, but then it seemed like a waste of a bonus to do less. Perhaps scaling it back a bit so that it's just right for a commie and not quite enough for other governments? Could be totally alone in that thought though.

lincoln

Oct 26th 2010, 23:37:46

i think it did depress manufactured good prices early but later the prices stabilized

what it really does is let you go from a sedate overly defended couch potato to a massive offense in five minutes
near set end

sell 2.4M turrets at one time for $177 apiece and suddenly you have a few options
FoG

dantzig Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 19:15:45

Other than only getting to attack a country once in a set without voiding GDI coverage, I have one big problem with GDI:
Successful spy ops should NOT count against GDI protection. It doesn't make any sense to make them count in the context of GDI since such an organization would require proof of wrongdoing before allowing their members to take action. Proof would be catching someone in the act. The current system has a loophole that could allow the perpetrator of successful spy ops do be discovered even though all of the ops were successful. This would also void the perp's GDI status to his opponent without the existence of any evidence that the country did anything harmful! The GDI should not be all-knowing and be able to see everything, including spy activities between countries--it should only allow its members to engage in war if they have hard evidence! Please fix this for next reset.
FoG

snawdog Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 19:25:32

Something that i think needs to be fixed about GDI is that if you make 1 single attack you cannot join,yet you can join first and then attack everyone at least once..Seems kinna wrong.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 6th 2010, 0:49:55

dantzig: How would you feel if I did harmful spy ops and taunted you about it afterward? How would you feel if the first 99 succeeded but only the last one failed? Do you really think that the defender shouldn't be able to retaliate as he sees fit in either of those situations?

dantzig Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 0:55:14

If 99 ops succeeded and only 1 failed, I should have made more spies! (And you got lucky cause isn't there always a 5% chance of a spy op failing?) And if you taunt me after succeeding on a bunch of spy ops, I probably should have made more spies AND you're dumb for doing revealing your identity and will receive my retal in the form of SSs and PSs.
FoG

snawdog Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 2:38:59

Slag/devs..what about being able to join gdi and then be a menace...as mentioned above?
ICQ 364553524
msn

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 2:45:10

If you can get 99 out of 100 ops through, I wanna see it - as it would need to be posted in the bugs/suggestions forum :-P