Verified:

tellarion Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 7:49:00

Originally posted by blid:

Hmm
Can you explain why you recommended removing allies completely? Kind of funny considering just like a day or two ago I was posting how it was NOT a good idea haha

I didn't recommend that.

zydx Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 8:22:50

I like this change. now its like tourney minus the random ABs.
No more 'I have 2 huge def ally' or '3 full techers ally' ADVANTAGE.

picaboo Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 8:24:14

no comment

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 9:07:12

fluff it. Play it like alliance. Low ball defense, absorb the puny grabs. Retal big.
The Death Knights

XI

Cable Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 13:20:52

Originally posted by zydx:
I like this change. now its like tourney minus the random ABs.
No more 'I have 2 huge def ally' or '3 full techers ally' ADVANTAGE.

Spoken like a true newb, its not an advatange to have big allies when your also a big country its a mutal gain opwb to every player whos willing/good enough to maintain those standards. 3 tech allies was to help making teching viable and now it will thin the market out without gains from allies and make tech starting supper fluffty.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 14:09:40

How many times have I heard people talking about how removing tech allies would either be neutral or beneficial for techers? Removing some of the supply will increase the demand and prices of tech. At least, that's what I've heard repeated on these boards many many times..

blid

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2014, 15:22:38

These changes obviously help techers the most, is that being disputed? I think TDA was upset that it hurts farmer/casher which are the weaker strats on the server. And I think everyone else complaining is not complaining about the res. ally removal but rather the DA removal.

If Cable is saying it weakens tech starts for non-techers... well, it does because you won't have res. allies during that period, but if tech is more expensive now, it doesn't. If he's saying it makes teching worse overall, I really doubt it. Esp. with the decrease on spying demands.

Edited By: blid on Jan 29th 2014, 15:28:31
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2014, 15:23:17

Originally posted by tellarion:

Hmm
Can you explain why you recommended removing allies completely? Kind of funny considering just like a day or two ago I was posting how it was NOT a good idea haha

I didn't recommend that.
Oh I must have misinterpreted this:

Originally posted by qzjul:
It was largely for the tech-leeching problem =/ and the questions the mods (Tella!) kept raising about what was and wasn't allowed with allies

Easier to just disallow them.

Blame Tella! ;) /me ducks
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Vic Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 15:34:01

hahaha telly boy busted! :p

Alin Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 15:52:19

should be funny. Everyone should be able to retal.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 15:59:46

How many times have I heard people talking about how removing tech allies would either be neutral or beneficial for techers? Removing some of the supply will increase the demand and prices of tech. At least, that's what I've heard repeated on these boards many many times..

Yeah, but removing D-allies means the techers need to spy less to grab, and thus they can tech extra turns.

The net result is there isn't really any change, because removing R-allies reduces tech supply, but removing D-allies increases tech supply.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 16:14:38

Which one has a bigger impact though? Gaining a few extra turns from not having to ally spy is probably less significant than removing the potential benefits of having 3 tech allies.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 16:15:24

Hmm

I didn't recommend that.
Oh I must have misinterpreted this:

Originally posted by qzjul:
It was largely for the tech-leeching problem =/ and the questions the mods (Tella!) kept raising about what was and wasn't allowed with allies

Easier to just disallow them.

Blame Tella! ;) /me ducks

Wtf? I'm not sure why he's saying that...I specifically recommended removing tech allies and leaving def/int in place. Removing ALL allies was a shock to me as much as it was to you...

Cable Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 16:49:17

He said that to take the heat off himself because removing allies is dumb.

So for the sake of argument here. on average a grabbing techer techs at 2000-4000 pieces a turn. I as a techer dont hit alot of people with ally ops 1) because I hit coubtries less capable of retaling when I had DAs. 2) if its that low of a break I just double plus 10%. I would only spy to confirm what type of allies they had and go from there. Thus I now save 1 turn per grab. Average 2 grabs an hour so 4000-8000 tech points.

To earn these points through allies they would have to tech 40k-80k of tech every two hours. Not sure how much other players tech but in a 2 hour cycle I tech on average 11 turns outta 30. 4 turns to grab 4 turns top to spy and 10 turns to build. So 1 techer on average techs 20k-40k while grabbing on 2 hour cycles. With three allies thats 60k-120k on average, this doesnt included the loss of the last 48 hours where players stock and dont attack or build at all. 48 × 15 × TPT (say 3500-5500 pending size of allies). So explain to me how this loss of NW and ability to sell extra tech for income doesn't hurt a techer. Yes I expext prices will rise, but I expect smaller overal lands due to tech being expensive thus shrinking the market demand.

This is ofcourse going to be all speculation till the effects take place, but supply (high prices) will meet low demand (im not paying outrageous prices for tech on the last two days of set, so ill keep my land thinner to maintain maximized %) The only people this effects is cashers, smaller farmers = less food = higher prices. This is unavoidable, Commies will always do well players need military and techers will always do well due to need for tech.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2014, 16:51:04

Removing tech allies helps good techers more than bad techers because I always give the majority of my tech allies way more than they are able to give me :}

bepulse Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 19:09:15

Let's add O allies and remove the rest

psyche

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2014, 19:14:34

Let's remove GDI and play last man standing, really would be fun, every server is all about netting, let's have a server for war only!!!!

And don't say FFA is for war, bull, the tree huggers took it over too that's why I got bored and stopped playing FFA.

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Jan 29th 2014, 19:17:17
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cable Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 19:31:27

Instead of wrecking a mostly decent server, they should have just introduced new servers... oh wait turnament has this exact same fluff, only diffrence is its not fast paced and no GDI. Who really cares though, I dont play turny because its highly boring and I won't be playing this. Mabye the odd abusive country to stir the pot and prevoke changes but that aside this will be my last set of express.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2014, 19:35:54

/me sheds a tear.

*gives Cable a box of tissues*

/me sheds another tear.

I'LL MISS YOU BUDDY!!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

blid

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2014, 20:11:42

Should probably play a reset and see how it goes before quitting..

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2014, 20:29:21

You need to reserve self immolation and the threat of quitting for when it will have maximum impact :)

Cable Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 22:13:32

Oh I'll play one reset as the most abusive country I can with out breaking an real rules. I will win and then I will play one round in which I will war KoH for fun, then I will quit because the game has become to easy for newbs and harder for the pros.

AzNiZe Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 22:26:37

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Let's remove GDI and play last man standing, really would be fun, every server is all about netting, let's have a server for war only!!!!

And don't say FFA is for war, bull, the tree huggers took it over too that's why I got bored and stopped playing FFA.

+1

blid

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2014, 22:46:34

Last man standing server aka the never-ending server where the best waller wins, someday.

roshan

Jan 30th 2014, 0:31:32

as i new player i was told to play here and practice different strats. its funny how this guys thinks this is the best server on ee.

yea play with your big allies and farm all noobs/unknowns as early as thursday since they cant retal anyway. and if they manage to retal you will call them noob/trash/spoiler and then ROR them?

blid, havent you been RORed for using unknown country name with no allies and they called you a noob?

This type of players are the pests in this server.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 1:10:35

Yah that happened, except he didn't actually call me a newb, just was inexplicably mad that i went 4.2m jets and 2.8m turrets for the retal. It was st0ny not Cable.

This actually is a good, unique server though. Can keep you busy throughout the day at work :P

Cable Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 1:37:47

LoL roshan before you bad mouth players pull up your diaper. Secondly alot of players will RoR idiots with mass jets and low turrets, I have acxepted this and I handle it my way. I'm a pest on this server because I can net well and war well? Sorry your a little butt hurt that I work hard to make good countries and won't let them be ruined by fluffty mediocre players who waste their resources making useless retals instead of making smart grabs and learning the game.

Point im case #9 last set, I hit for 400 acres (big grab off the start) he retals me 36 hours later for 900 acres when I had 10k acres he had 3.9k. So I messaged him telling him I hope he enjoys wasting my hard earned land. What hapens ay you ask? I Hit 23 milliom NW after a ton of failed retals on me and my allies #9 finished with 5.9 million NW. What a waste of land.... woulda been better to war him since he was 80% jetter when he retaled but it was early enough I let it go.

Edited By: Cable on Jan 30th 2014, 1:45:59
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 1:42:19

Cable, I'm curious about your opinion. 4.2m jets, 2.8m turrets, and tech levels twice yours. Would you RoR if I retaled you?

Cable Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 1:53:22

Cable, I'm curious about your opinion. 4.2m jets, 2.8m turrets, and tech levels twice yours. Would you RoR if I retaled you?

2:1 no not even if it happend late Saturday while stocking.

4:1 is debateably but still not likely

8:1 is war worthy

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 1:54:39

Well this was on a Friday and it was way less than 2:1 so Iguess I'm clear.

Cable Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 2:01:12

Easily in the clear, its guys that retal late into stocking that get hit hard. Because I an destock hit back 4 times and war prep and they have to sell down jets or lose them to spy ops and try to war with no stock (blown getting enough to retal) and ussually less the 300k tanks and 500k troops becausse thats what I have when I RoR minimum.

silentwolf Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 2:26:44

Making the game easier.. Hehe

Throwing the game wide open.. Bottom feeding and topfeeding just got so much more easier

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 2:43:21

bottom, AND THEN, topfeeds SW.

HA, VICTORY!

btw, sw, join my team server alliance, the weedy netgaining alliance! :P

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 3:18:57

braden if you want to netgain you need to destroy TSO. they war and kill netgainers for no reason every reset for the last several months. bunch of stupid fluffs. and they use a 25-person "Team" to do it ie they break the spirit of the rules every set.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 3:22:15

Originally posted by Cable:
Oh I'll play one reset as the most abusive country I can with out breaking an real rules. I will win and then I will play one round in which I will war KoH for fun, then I will quit because the game has become to easy for newbs and harder for the pros.

RAWR!!!!!!
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:23:21

noppe, i need to be friends with boltar ;)

i fear more low land techers topfeeding me than i do being killed for no reason. much of the fun, i suppose, is navigating the turmoil, the killing and the not benefiting either party landgrabs..

but nobody looks at the weedy netgaining alliance and says grr, lets ab ruination or gs to death, very similar to how Iris had notrd being run- respectful and polite (though sometimes my choice of words fail me on the latter, which seems to happen often when i drink :P)

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:23:37

which is to say every night and many afternoons ;)

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 3:26:37

Originally posted by braden:
noppe, i need to be friends with boltar ;)

i fear more low land techers topfeeding me than i do being killed for no reason. much of the fun, i suppose, is navigating the turmoil, the killing and the not benefiting either party landgrabs..

but nobody looks at the weedy netgaining alliance and says grr, lets ab ruination or gs to death, very similar to how Iris had notrd being run- respectful and polite (though sometimes my choice of words fail me on the latter, which seems to happen often when i drink :P)
i look at the weedy netgainin alliance and see a bunch of coward scrubs who "navigate" the battle by sitting it out while TSO wars netters for no reason except they're netters for half a year in a row

lets be friends with boltar, the one guy whos a big enough douchebag to single-handedly ruin a server for years

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:29:28

while fighting tso i won the server.

you can name call all you want, blid. i respect you too much to name call back. it might be nice for a little reciprocation on that front, though.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 3:33:32

lol didnt i just call you a good player in vics best player thread. regardless though, anyone netting while tso declares permanent blood war on netters is a coward scrub. and anyone who is in or fights with tso is a douchebag. it's ridiculous. warring for 5 sets in a row against people for no reason is the most pathetic thing anyone has ever done in earth history and you're either an accomplice or a bystander, congrats.

zydx Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:37:57

Originally posted by Cable:

2:1 no not even if it happend late Saturday while stocking.

4:1 is debateably but still not likely

8:1 is war worthy

b*tch pls. didnt i retal you on friday with about 3:1 ratio then you ROR me 4 times? plus i have at least 100 unused turns?

and stop bragging about being able to war after playing 24/7. i have whacked you and youre still talking to me?

now im expecting you to war ever set after this, unless you take your medication.

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:39:45

i was dun dead murdered by them, myself. while, i believe, it was the notrd before iris retired.. and i take that back, i came in second while in a war tag against tso, not won. i won while tagged notrd in respect for Iris having quit (he agrees with you, on pretty much every word you said i can almost promise you that :P)

this server, or express server, i have zero desire to war a single turn. during all this time rd was brought into or forced into wars every reset, so i fight there and netgain elsewhere. to call me a coward because i'm busy in my life or disinterested is only being rude :( but also, your follow up is exactly why i didn't wish to engage in name calling, because i do believe we can continue to respect one another, if not be friends and text message back and forth ;)

(i do pay for international text messaging though, so.. let me know :P)

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 3:42:48

theres no such thing as not havsing time to war, because you can always half-ass war. to choose to net instead, while fellow netters get warred on just for netting, is inexcusable

imo qz should step in and either ban boltar, or if that's not seen as warranted, just shut the entire server down for the fluffing failure it is. the way it's existed lately is disgraceful

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:45:00

so, who's worse here, them for doing what they do, or me for trying to avoid it?

me having incredibly good friends on both sides and me not wanting to choose between them in a fight that is not mine, is me doing what, other than focusing on being friends first?

i play this game for the friends. i wish naught to alienate myself from any of them.

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:46:36

sorry, i wish to alienate myself naught from..

correcting myself there

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 3:48:01

Originally posted by braden:
so, who's worse here, them for doing what they do, or me for trying to avoid it?

me having incredibly good friends on both sides and me not wanting to choose between them in a fight that is not mine, is me doing what, other than focusing on being friends first?

i play this game for the friends. i wish naught to alienate myself from any of them.
well obviously they're worse, but how can you have friends on that side rofl, those people are 100% griefers. "hey you play only to ruin things for other people, for no reason whatsoever. but youre MY FRIEND"

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 3:48:43

just delete team server.

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:54:08

you seem to ignore the fact that i was given my colour like twelve years ago, yes? a large percentage of my friendships were built either during me running massive amounts of multies, or shortly there after when i was Reseda and i needed not cheat any further..

I am happy to call many people my friend that you will simply abhor or despise.

this doesn't make either one of us right or wrong. simply, we must agree to disagree :(

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:54:19

and don't delete the server, delete any tag WITHIN the server the coordinates with a different tag..

.. five on five.. another five man tag is brought in? all ten are deleted. it's very simple, but they refuse to moderate it so :(

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:56:26

fluff me

they refuse to so moderate it.. but i split an infinitive.. so i don't know which one i prefer, from an english standpoint..