Verified:

Rasp Game profile

Jan 28th 2021, 12:54:16

Has anyone suggested the idea to have rotating buffs/nerfs each round? One such buff I thought about was a change to market commissions that rotates.

For instance, removing the 6% market commissions can rotate to a different government each round. When Democracy gets it (already has 0%), it would get a -6% (0 minus .06) market commission. I'm curious how it would work with Demo honestly.

But it should swing favors to different strats for different sets. For instance, an "indy" set, the commies wouldn't be 10% market commission but would be down to 4%. The demo and fasci resets would be interesting as there would be tons of farmers trying to take advantage of the buff, and the demos would offset them by buying their cheap bushels on public and selling on private. And the idea of demo buying bushels at $32 off public not including the -6% commission buff (so $30?), only to resell it for 36 on their private market adds even more flexibility to their strategy.

Thoughts?

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 3rd 2021, 17:11:28
See Original Post
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 28th 2021, 16:04:44

-6% market commissions wouldnt work.

Tyranny would be awesome with 0% commissions lol.

There's been suggestions before that was related to either introducing a new server or having the express or team server made into a sort of varied rule server which could serve as a testbed for new ideas or just as a more dynamic environment for players. Afair the admins have nodded and said 'good idea' then went back to working on the new UI that was supposed to have been done fall 2019. :P

Anyway, your idea is super easy to implement and would create a more dynamic environment. And while I do see that there could be a snag or two, like wtf happens to demo/commie/fasc and what happens to the market these sets. If anything it would be an excellent thing to have in the rotation in a server with rotating rulesets since its such a simple idea that changes the country composition, market conditions and game play in interesting ways.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2021, 22:47:23

could need a new game mode or perhaps focus on a lowest activity mode

if the ideas are more random and strange a shorter cycle could be nice, for it to be a longer or 2 month server would have to make sure some sets arnt just completely broken

im sure ive seen the idea of temporary rules before, i think of path of exile seasons, but d2 ladder mode i think did it first

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 29th 2021, 0:23:39

the reason negative commissions dont work is because you'll sell your stock to yourself 3-5 times a day. never mind recycling. just resell it to yourself at market prices. I'd break the NW record by just the NW of my stock.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 29th 2021, 2:49:59

Yes, I've introduced a similar idea to the governments not too long ago on either a mod or dev board. I was told it's not a simple change due to the different levels of coding - although my suggestion went far beyond just the markets. Perhaps it would be worth the effort if it was meant more of a "re-equalization" rather than a routine rotation. Express would be the best area to implement or experiment with such changes. A new game server is unlikely.

Edited By: Primeval on Jan 29th 2021, 2:57:52

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2021, 23:04:37

the other big factor is if bot code needed to be redone for a change

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2021, 11:18:33

1) I like the idea, but the execution would yes as Prime said, quite hard and require A LOT of game code changes (which could bring in other exploitable bugs)

2) Yes I think we will be changing a whole server so that we can include a lot of these "VERY" different ideas.. But large amounts of game code need to be changed.

3) Yes it would potentially mean the bots would need to be tweeked, and with the current bots on the fly tweeking is almost non-existant.. then that could cause issues, like for instance a bot making a decent run of stock with 0% comms or negative comms..

DruncK Game profile

Feb 1st 2021, 14:10:34

Make a new server with the ability to change fluff on the fly, it's needed for continuation of the game in general.

Don't add bots to new server.

Make new bots after server and then go from there.

Brigg Game profile

Feb 8th 2021, 11:50:28

That would be the "Fiesta Server" suggestion.
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR