Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 13th 2011, 7:29:16

We understand that the game has a steep learning curve and it is difficult for new players to compete with players who have already been playing for years. To hopefully close the skill gap somewhat and give new players more of a fighting chance, we've added a "Get Help!" link on the main page of the express, primary, and tourney servers.

The first method of getting assistance is the newly implemented country status system located in the Learning Area of the forum. Players can post updates of their country using a simple ingame link, even if they don't have a forum account. Some country characteristics, like networth, aren't included to protect the identities of the countries.

The other three methods are simply a convenient rearrangement of preexisting links: information about the wiki, the ingame tutorial and help sections, and about clans in alliance, team, and ffa who are looking for members.

If you are a new player or simply someone who wants to improve, we ask that you use as many of the provided resources as you wish to help achieve your ee goals.

If you are a veteran player, we ask that you provide useful advice in country threads, post and update wiki articles, and make your alliances more friendly to new players. Everyone will benefit if more players are able to enjoy the game.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 14th 2011, 0:03:54

this is such a great feature

awesome work slag!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 0:27:11

I suggest a way for players "progress" to be quantified to a degree and congratulated. For example, once the player has successfully visited every tab on the left they get a message, "Congrats you are now as good as Kingme at this game." Heh=)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 14th 2011, 19:19:11

Yea, definitely nice work slag ;)
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 20:56:10

does it play beatles's help when it gets pushed? :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

synoder Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 17:25:52

awesome work :) Making things easier for new players is the key to growing the game and its nice to see you all making progress in that area.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 17th 2011, 2:48:06

The link was moved to the left bar.

lincoln

Jan 17th 2011, 3:34:48

actually just finished a set of express

on express help
you can see side by side comparisons of three top players playing farmers with different gov types F,D and R and a fourth player who tried to convert a farming F to a TMBR and failed falling out of the top ten down to the bottom

pretty cool

FoG

Kingme Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 17:57:25

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
I suggest a way for players "progress" to be quantified to a degree and congratulated. For example, once the player has successfully visited every tab on the left they get a message, "Congrats you are now as good as Kingme at this game." Heh=)

well played sir... I just saw this.

and on a serious note, very awesome Slagpit!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 23:07:28

i kinda like the whole idea of the Get Help dealy, but simply looking at the page and trying to figure out what they want to accomplish is a bit vexing.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

dantzig Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 23:11:23

The other thing is it's impossible to know the skill or experience level of the player so it can be tough for me to give relevant advice. I don't want to be condescending to an experienced player who is just trying to sharpen his skills by explaining every term and gameplay basic but that would be helpful for noobs.
FoG

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 23:39:11

also throws off my land calcs by trying to figure out how many CSs they have.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

osloos Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 4:21:25

this is a great feature.

dantzig raises a good point. maybe the uploader could self evaluate themselves? there could be a drop down box where the uploader could select qualifiers like "totally new" or "experienced player"

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 18th 2011, 9:56:43

good idea, osloos.

A lot of these posts should really be on the B&S board.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

spawn Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 13:13:40

nice feature :)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 19th 2011, 8:14:24

We're going to add in more information about the player and fix some of the rounding soon.