Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 22nd 2010, 5:55:10

Hi All;

I've implemented the first stage of Forum-Game linking!

You can link your game account to your forum account now; this will show your inbox on the portal, and will automatically log you into the forums when you log into the game; note the opposite is NOT true.

There are some minor caching issues atm in terms of the message count and new message count that could lead to things being out by a minute or two, simply because the forums and game are still separate in terms of caching, but we'll try to figure that all out. Also, if you logout of the forums while you are logged into the game and go to the inbox, you'll find you're access is denied (surprise surprise); not sure if I want to change that or no, as you explicitly have to Logout!
Finally did the signature thing.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 22nd 2010, 17:25:39

something to consider. when you link the accounts, you ahve to log out and back in before logging into the game also logs you into the forums.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 22nd 2010, 17:33:23

er hm i changed how the cookie worked last night so it's possible that that is the issue... for the next person to try this, try clearing cookies and tell me if it works ;)

W Game profile

Oct 22nd 2010, 18:07:07

after i linked it displayed "Forum Inbox: 10 (0) Messages" in the portal but when i clicked on it, it needed me to log in.

after clearing the cookies and logging back in, it now works fine! awesome feature.

firefox version 3.6.11
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 22nd 2010, 18:19:39

Everybody Try Clearing Cookies! :)

Fooglmog Game profile

Oct 22nd 2010, 20:46:18

Will this feature, either now or at any point in the future, let people on the forum see my current or past countries?

Will it let people in game see what forum account my country is associated with?

Will there, at any point, be a feature which allows players to see every country that's been played from a single account (ie. The person who played country #4 this reset, also played country #99 in this other reset).

I don't want any of that.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 22nd 2010, 23:30:33

1) Undecided; If it does though it would be Opt in or Opt in by country
2) no
3) again, if there is it would be opt-in

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 23rd 2010, 12:16:48

think this will be a great feature

tho i cant seem to use it because i play from my phone. no settings on game prefs or forum account settings to allow such a linking.

will this be added to mobile template?
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 23rd 2010, 13:52:11

logged in via PC and linked.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org