Verified:

archaic Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 4:45:40

Originally posted by mrford:

You dont need a military till you need it. And you cant develop one once you do.

^_-

World War II would like a word with you.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

mrford Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 5:25:13

The US had a good military before the outbreak of WWII. I'm not sure what you are trying to get at.

Yes it was also ramped up for the war, but if it wasn't for the Pacific fleet, things could have gone differently.

The Atlantic fleet joining the battle for the Atlantic wasn't a small thing either.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

archaic Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 6:56:57

Originally posted by mrford:
The US had a good military before the outbreak of WWII. I'm not sure what you are trying to get at.

Yes it was also ramped up for the war, but if it wasn't for the Pacific fleet, things could have gone differently.

The Atlantic fleet joining the battle for the Atlantic wasn't a small thing either.

Not sure what history book you are reading from Ford, we had almost no military pre-WWII. While the germans were building Panzer IVs we entered the war with the M3 Lee, The germans had Messerschmit 109, the US had F2 Buffalos. We were woefully unprepared for the war - but we got prepared quickly and by 1943 we held a vast manpower and tech advantage (except for tanks, which we built in numbers instead) over the axis.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/...nnel_and_expenditures.png
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

mrford Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 8:39:50

almost no military? your hyperbolic argument is difficult to respond to. in 1940 our armed forces was something like 0.35% of our population. Right now our armed forces is around 0.42%. And our navy was formidable of not vulnerable.

but you took my argument a little too literal, and i suspect you understand what i ment. my statement was a general one, and not one specific to the exception of an isolated superpower that can sit back and build with impunity. if you are invaded, it is too late to build an army.

Edited By: mrford on Dec 12th 2015, 8:53:43
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Short John Silver

Dec 12th 2015, 15:39:46

Burning fossil fuels still gives it an unacceptable carbon footprint. Plus, all of that money could have been spent to give marginalized persons a future.

mrford Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 16:46:10

Unacceptable carbon footprint? A military asset?

Lol....

Maybe those marginalized people need to work for their own future instead of waiting around for someone to do it for them.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Uncle James Game profile

Dec 15th 2015, 0:51:41

That boat is on the water off the coast of Maine doing trial runs and was used to help transfer a man who had a heart attack on a fishing vessel. They sent a rescue helicopter out there to collect this man could not land on the fishing boat or pick him up because of all the trolling gear sticking up off the fishing boat was blocking them. They sent out a help message and that destroyer showed up and they transferred the man from the fishing boat to the destroyer and then in to the helicopter and flew him to Maine to a hospital. So our tax money has already payed for its self a little.

https://search.yahoo.com/...mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

Syko_Killa Game profile

Dec 15th 2015, 18:19:27

Do as I say, not as I do.

mrford Game profile

Dec 15th 2015, 21:02:20

Different ship and class. That article was written by a moron too. So many errors.

Edited By: mrford on Dec 15th 2015, 21:04:35
Swagger of a Chupacabra