Verified:

Ivan Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:20:08

Since certain morons cant leave us alone all land taken from countries suiciding on SoF will be retalled accordingly

if you have a pact with us we expect you as our friends have no problem with this and if you dont have a pact with then we really dont care what you think

Ivan
Survival of the Fittest

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:24:16

I like Ivan.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:27:02

If someone has a pact with you, you may want to make sure that your "retals" aren't contrary to the terms of said pact.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Ivan Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:28:38

Theres nothing stopping us having untaggeds do the same ppl who refuse to accept it as they are to us

Ivan Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:28:47

Is there?

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:28:59

oh snap

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:32:30

In general, no, there's nothing stopping you from doing the same. If a pact you have with another alliance forbids taking land off a country that has recently taken land off your alliance, then you can get reps/land via speaking to FAs from other alliances.

If you wish to speak on a direct case-by-case basis, however, you'll need to speak to the FAs of respective alliances.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

anoniem Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:33:43

There is nothing in Evo's pact with SoF regarding situations like this, if you would like to amend the pact then I suggest speaking to one of Evolution's leaders.

N.B. If you want to have people run untagged countries and suicide on other alliances that's your prerogative.
re(ally)tired

Apr 19th 2011, 14:38:13

What does SoF define as a suicide on its alliance? 2 hits in 72h? What if a country hits SoF 18 times in 72 hours, but hits another alliance 10 times in that same time span, but is half as large?

Ivan Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:42:05

Im sure everything will be judged on case by cases basis and FA conversations will be held when necesary

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 14:47:51

If anyone from SoF needs a hug or tips how to avoid getting grabbed by a 100k NW country I'm currently offering both for no charge!

That's what friends do, right?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 19th 2011, 14:48:49

if anyone from Evo needs the same I'll match slagpit's offer!
:)
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2011, 14:49:52

I'm not treating this as official SoF policy until one of the non-retarded heads comes and confirms this
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Apr 19th 2011, 14:50:35

Now lets see...

719 - suicider.

119 - not so much. I will accept reps for my killed country. TYVM.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:52:05

WAR

Ivan Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:55:37

119 was a suicider by our accounts, I dont think we've killed any untag so far for 1 hit or 2

Also since a lot of ppl seems to be against this remmeber that this goes both ways and its better then us killing off every non legit tag/untag in the game no?

Apr 19th 2011, 14:55:44

It's starting to look like these suiciders are untagged SoF'ers.

I know for one, I was SoF. It makes perfect sense too... Perfect way to start a war.

Apr 19th 2011, 14:56:45

Originally posted by Ivan:

119 was a suicider by our accounts, I dont think we've killed any untag so far for 1 hit or 2

Also since a lot of ppl seems to be against this remmeber that this goes both ways and its better then us killing off every non legit tag/untag in the game no?

So if an untag hits ya'll once every 5 days for the entirety of the set then its cool? Just checking, cause I don't like dying.

Also, I like it. Clans need to grab each other more!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 14:58:42

I also offered some anti-suicider tips to ivan

he rejected them all outright :p

if other soffers are interested, you're welcome to contact me... they're proven anti-suicider methodologies.

also, instead of threatening your friends, why not just chat with them, as I suggested to you in private?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Ivan Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 14:59:22

I dont need bad excuses to start wars and im not going to write up some form of policy for how many times untaggeds can hit us or not, im getting tired of watching untaggeds getting farmed by other tags and then they go suicide on us tho and this will come to an end

Ivan Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 15:00:20

Yes Pang, well when you make it so we have an automated suicider killer account wed be happy to sign up for that

im not going to sit and camp the news for 24/7 every day for the rest of my life when all I have to do is enforce a couple of policies and be done with it

Apr 19th 2011, 15:01:33

But Ivan, who is to say that it isn't SoF'ers doing this to their own clan?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 15:01:51

dude, it's 1 country vs the biggest alliance in the game

welcome to netting? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Apr 19th 2011, 15:04:08

Originally posted by Pang:
dude, it's 1 country vs the biggest alliance in the game

welcome to netting? :p

They aren't netting, fyi.

Notorious Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 15:05:12

dont feed the bobbyata trolls

im obviously all for this, as i suggested it in the other thread

is this going to be entirely case-by-case?

is there a point where a country is definitely a suicider or definitely not one?

is there an acceptable time after which someone could grab the suicider or is that country officially unhittable until its dead?

how do you retal accordingly? land:land? partial land:land (as i suggested)? 1:1 escalating?

are sof members allowed to hit suiciders farming other alliances?
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 15:05:33

Originally posted by Ivan:

Yes Pang, well when you make it so we have an automated suicider killer account wed be happy to sign up for that

im not going to sit and camp the news for 24/7 every day for the rest of my life when all I have to do is enforce a couple of policies and be done with it

like I said earlier, if you have folks idling in IRC anyways, set up highlights or a bot to tell you when a suicider is hitting, then you can deal with it in real time.
I find it quite hard to believe that no one in SoF is willing to do that, based on my experience there last set.

Your policies aren't actually targeted towards suiciders; it's targeted towards other alliances who DO camp the news. This looks, to me, as a reason to drum up a war with tags which you may be pacted to and/or create more conflict.

if you were legitimately concerned about suiciders, it's pretty simple to not be suicided on by 100k NW countries, and not hard to mitigate suiciding in general :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Apr 19th 2011, 15:06:24

Originally posted by Notorious:
dont feed the bobbyata trolls

im obviously all for this, as i suggested it in the other thread

is this going to be entirely case-by-case?

is there a point where a country is definitely a suicider or definitely not one?

is there an acceptable time after which someone could grab the suicider or is that country officially unhittable until its dead?

how do you retal accordingly? land:land? partial land:land (as i suggested)? 1:1 escalating?

are sof members allowed to hit suiciders farming other alliances?

If you read what Ivan posted, you would have seen that he said they go both ways.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 15:10:01

oh snap!!!

Helmet Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 15:12:57

I just find it a little weird that we didn't even grab last round, had an arranged war and yet we're having suiciders?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 15:14:59

Do you think this is all planned?

Wouldn't be the first time in E2025/EE I guess..

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 15:20:42

Originally posted by Helmet:
I just find it a little weird that we didn't even grab last round, had an arranged war and yet we're having suiciders?

Doesn't make sense to me.

it's probably a politically motivated suicide. most are.
ivan's reaction is likely playing into the suicider's hands :p

then again, as Reckless states, it could all be planned!!!!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 15:21:01

So far I haven't given out any hugs or tips. I'll have you know that this is a limited time offer!

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 15:31:34

gogogo!

Ivan Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 15:49:59

So the person who invented the anti suicider peition is now fighting for ppls right to camp the news so they can gain acers of suiciders?

great stuff, well pang they can still camp all they want as long as they leave our acers alone

if they go suicide on any other tag its not really any of my business it it

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 16:10:08

Not to pull a curve ball or anything..whats this petition?

Ivan Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 16:17:09

Pangs trolling my thread :P

Apr 19th 2011, 16:24:18

Originally posted by Reckless:
Not to pull a curve ball or anything..whats this petition?

It was something Pang came up with when he was in LAF I believe. If I recall correctly--I remember hearing about it in 2008ish?

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 16:47:46

what about?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 16:59:29

it was the first thing Evo and LaF worked on together... ever :p

it was starting a movement to make suiciding less effective, as it was very easy to really ruin top finishes, and it happened a lot more often than it does today. the goal was two-fold: 1) to show OMAC/Jolt that the players care about the game in order to get them to make changes (failure) and 2) to make it more difficult to gain steam by suiciding and basically turn yourself into a "perpetual motion" suicider that becomes VERY difficult to kill after only playing turns for a handful of days. That's not really a major issue anymore, as the game has evolved both in the attitudes of its players and the mechanics.

Also, Ivan, when I made that petition, people used to camp the news and feed off the suiciders as they hit Evo, LAF, MD, Omega, etc. You'll notice the petition never mentioned anything about that :)

In all honesty if you put half the effort into dealing with and planning for suiciders that you put into fluffing about it, you wouldn't need to make these policies in the first place. That makes me question your motives. You're just being a pest at this point, tbh. You won't accept the advice of seasoned players who dealt with suiciders for years, you're unwilling to play the game to the level of others, and instead you want to try to bully folks who are more dedicated to this game than SoF apparently is. If you want to keep the land in the SoF tag, give the suicider your tag and pass.

Like I said to you earlier, I played in SoF last set and I think there are plenty of folks who would be willing to take this on as a challenge. If you aren't, task it to someone else and they can come see me. As you may remember last set, I'm always looking for ways to help folks out... you just always seem to reject these overtures outright, even when it's in the best interest of SoF to accept them.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 16:59:59

It was a petition to the current admins at the time to curb the effects of suiciding (I think).

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 17:03:33

Whatever happen to it?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 17:06:50

Originally posted by Reckless:
Whatever happen to it?

When we made EE we decided that talking to players one-on-one or in small groups was better than petitioning ourselves, so we just did that instead :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

braden Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 17:29:02

"all land taken from countries suiciding on SoF will be retalled accordingly"

you guys did this in the case of #675

So by your own rules I get land taken by sof from him, which he took from me?

(some news!)
Apr 17/11 12:16:51 AM PS Snow Storm (#675) () Mr Reseda (#509) (RD) 250 A (+40 A)

and then, forty seconds later?

Apr 17/11 12:17:30 AM SS LifeOhhhLife (#557) (SoF) Snow Storm (#675) () 42 A (+0 A)

Edited By: braden on Apr 19th 2011, 17:33:28
See Original Post

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 17:31:13

Like a town hall meeting?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 19th 2011, 17:39:23

anti-suicider tips?
like the set sof killed every single untagged in the server... I remember laf cheering us on that set:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 19th 2011, 17:41:33

And yes, we talk to small groups of players.
I for one am on multiple tags irc channels where from time to time I ask for opinions and pass them on. I am more than glad to idle on anyones IRC channel for similar purposes or just to chat. I promise not to spam...
:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 17:42:17

I never get chatted with nor asked questions

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 17:49:12

I have lots of good tips to stop suiciders, martian :)

Don't get me wrong -- my thoughts on this thread are generally just saying that there are other avenues to counter the threat of suiciders besides the sort of policy outlined in the first post. It's not only better for SoF, but it's better for their friends an allies.
This is why I'm wondering why my overtures, along with Slag's, are so thoroughly rejected :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 19th 2011, 18:14:00

to which I can only say:
I'm retired so don't ask me:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 18:26:31

so am I... which is why I offer the tips and whatnot :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff