Verified:

Atryn Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 19:30:00

Originally posted by tellarion:
You realize eve is incredibly niche, just like this game

That made me LOL...

Yeah, "just like this game"... They are so alike!

macmd Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 23:37:42

Thanks, Pang and qzjul for the responses.

To take Fuji's comment a bit further, I think changing the restart formula to have a lower starting point (say 30%) and faster ramping (say .05%) would improve the idea. Along the same lines, raising the non-civ returns for GS would keep troops more relevant. Although there has been lots of GS in the MD/SoL vs SoF war, it has been because people don't much care about dying so they don't carry troops. Increased tech etc losses might change that.

Originally posted by Pang:
- an additional idea I've been floating for a while (and have probably posted on AT) is for the clan mechanic to be expanded for this server -- not just with allowing pacts to be in-game entities but for clans to effectively be a federal level of government and for countries to become states. then the clan leaders who want a deeper experience can run the federal stuff for the clan. again, this is still a sort of skeleton concept but that opens up a lot of new options.

This could be very cool, but even expanding how a clan can cooperate amongst its members (e.g. sending FA within a clan without pacting) or interact with other clans (e.g. in-game interclan war declarations) may make things interesting.

archaic Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 1:57:49

Well, as I stated before - to me the biggest negative is that basing warring almost purely on crippling countries removes the impetus to war from IRC and has led to a decline in real-time interaction between clan mates. That can only lead to a negative outcome for the current EE community.

Also, this community - for better or worse - demands a clearly defined victory to come out of its wars and these changes muddy the water greatly in that regard. I remember when a landkill WAS the only kind of kill - and even then, while wars were difficult to undertake - the winners were clearly distinguishable.

Talking about making changes to the game to increase appeal to a broader user-base, while doing nothing to increase the user-base is akin to polishing doorknobs on the Titanic to improve her seaworthiness.

Meh
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 13th 2014, 23:12:26

Originally posted by archaic:
Also, this community - for better or worse - demands a clearly defined victory to come out of its wars and these changes muddy the water greatly in that regard. I remember when a landkill WAS the only kind of kill - and even then, while wars were difficult to undertake - the winners were clearly distinguishable

I'm open to suggestions heh
Finally did the signature thing.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 23:39:48

Here's one. Make a restart start from the start (re-start). :-)

Sorry for the cheek, but seriously it sounds like the community doesn't like the new format for restarts.
The EEVIL Empire

JIM_DANGER Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 0:30:22

LAST NIGHT I CAME OOP AND USED MY FIRST TURNS TO BREAK A TPA ORIGINAL! BREAKING KILL TARGETS WITH TURN #16 - WHATS NOT TO LOVE!

YAR!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 14th 2014, 0:33:03

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Here's one. Make a restart start from the start (re-start). :-)

Sorry for the cheek, but seriously it sounds like the community doesn't like the new format for restarts.

A vocal minority don't, you mean. However, the old practice of killing an alliance, and then targetting their restarts until their players give up and quit is *not healthy for the game*.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2014, 0:46:52

Originally posted by qzjul:
*not healthy for the game*.

No disrespect but I really question what you think is healthy for the game sometimes. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes but I think you need to take every incentive to sucide away first. War and Netting has a place in this game but senseless suciding has no place.

I could recruit like 5 people and completely destroy a netting clan with these changes and ruin their chances at ANW and severely impact TNW and possibly even prevent top 10 with very little effort.

The question is do you want this to be a game about griefing or a game about banning together with an alliance and playing together?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 14th 2014, 20:45:59

Originally posted by Requiem:
need to take every incentive to suicide away first.

Sure; I did that with the ramping attacks, but that had its own issues. It's very difficult to adjust warring in any way without making it also affect suiciders. We already have a number of anti-suicider measures in that warring clans complain about continually =/

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2014, 22:45:05

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by Requiem:
need to take every incentive to suicide away first.

Sure; I did that with the ramping attacks, but that had its own issues. It's very difficult to adjust warring in any way without making it also affect suiciders. We already have a number of anti-suicider measures in that warring clans complain about continually =/

Let's get a focus group together from the community and find a better way to solve the real issue in a way that everyone can live with.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 15th 2014, 4:31:21

Could do something like that. Would probably have to make some way of getting onto it; perhaps a Karma system for the forums.....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2014, 4:33:54

Qz you trying to be a comedian? I like.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 4:46:22

I always liked the idea of a set amount of land. Every one starts with the same. Clans with more people would have larger areas. You could still explore and develop the land that you have rights to. If you grow to be able to conquer land good. But all this land that just magically appears. Drops the value of the land.

Would also encourage independent players to form alliances/ clans to protect their assets.

But I am drunk. And nothing good ever comes from that
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 15th 2014, 6:40:32

or be like ffa where warring alliances and kill teams from netting tags work together regardless of pacts to kill off griefers :P
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Atryn Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 13:20:58

If you want to make life harder for suiciders, create a new mechanism where allies can help in special attacks.

This will automatically penalize the solo-suicider.

If he finds 3 friends to ally up, at that point it is more than a single suicider.

Maybe only make this change in Alliance, where it is supposed to be all about allies.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2014, 19:40:58

Originally posted by Atryn:

If you want to make life harder for suiciders, create a new mechanism where allies can help in special attacks.

This will automatically penalize the solo-suicider.

If he finds 3 friends to ally up, at that point it is more than a single suicider.

Maybe only make this change in Alliance, where it is supposed to be all about allies.

You know, that's not entirely a bad idea. The biggest problem with it, though, is that it would gum up the works when fast KR's were happening -- having to reference up to 5 other countries during an attack, 100+ hits/second...

locket Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 19:53:03

Slow down hits as well then.

WahWahWah

Jan 16th 2014, 20:05:49

Make the server all explore.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 20:30:51

Originally posted by WahWahWah:
Make the server all explore.

it already is besides bottomfeeders and landtraders.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....