Verified:

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2012, 21:56:19

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
How the hell do we hide behind your country? I never understood the argument that Canada hides behind the US for protection as if there's a dozen nations just itching for an opportunity to go to war against Canada and the only thing in their way is our neighbour to the south. That argument just demonstrates the conceit and general ignorance of anything outside of their borders that many Americans suffer from. I assure you. America's military strength contributes very little to the safety and security of Canadians. Aside from Russia's interest in the far North which we're taking care of on our own nobody even gives a fluff that we're here.

Being as Canada/US have the number 1 export/import relationship in the world. I definitely care that you are here.

How about we just get it all out of the way?

Canada:
- Hairy Women
- Live in Igloos
- Meese
- Maple Syrup
- Hockey
- Crappy main stream music contribution

USA:
- Bullies
- Sleep with Relatives
- Uneducated
- Fast Food
- Wal-Mart

Cheers!

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 21:59:13

Is he inviting the whole of USA to sleep with HIS relatives?
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

TY Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 23:04:53

We arent bullies. We just want our way and have the power to make it happen..... usually. There isnt a soul in here that wouldnt take advantage of that in there own personal life why does it make us evil?
There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2012, 3:40:59

Originally posted by TY:
We arent bullies. We just want our way and have the power to make it happen..... usually. There isnt a soul in here that wouldnt take advantage of that in there own personal life why does it make us evil?

Dude. I am an American.

Second. Guaranteed there are numerous souls that have the power and don't take advantage of it.

Third. You aren't helping our cause.

Furthermore, if you speak of my personal life. Please use the correct form of their.

Lastly, DH. Keep your eyes off of my male relatives. You're like the creepy uncle who makes children sit on his lap for just a little TOO long.

General Earl Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 4:09:40

How the hell do we hide behind your country? I never understood the argument that Canada hides behind the US for protection as if there's a dozen nations just itching for an opportunity to go to war against Canada and the only thing in their way is our neighbour to the south. That argument just demonstrates the conceit and general ignorance of anything outside of their borders that many Americans suffer from. I assure you. America's military strength contributes very little to the safety and security of Canadians. Aside from Russia's interest in the far North which we're taking care of on our own nobody even gives a fluff that we're here.

You couldn't be more wrong. America is Canada's number one defense PARTNER. Our military forces are both heavily intertwined with each other, and if it ever came down to it, we'd be in those trenches together, fighting side by side. Canada simply doesn't have the population density, or the desire, or means for a massive and over-budgeted military force. We value peace and good relations with other countries just as much as America does- Though we do have VERY different ways of going about it. However, thats another post altogether.

To think for a second that Canadian interests in the north aren't also American interests is quite ignorant. Canada needs those resources to sell to America! (though also abroad, but moreso USA), America is probably quite happy to help protect our borders, because we have those resources they need, and we are more than happy to provide them at a very nice price as well.

The USA/Canada relationship is co-dependant, and we are the 'good cop', and the US is the 'bad cop', but if I had my choice of any 'bigger brother', I can think of no better country than the US. Minor political differences aside, USA kicks ass, and we compliment each other in many ways. As I said, co-dependant on each other! Obviously, I prefer Canada, but I live here and its no contest. We're better in a lot of ways, and I think the US respects that and tries to emulate us in a lot of ways too. Don't go thinking I'm all wannabe American either! We're just very much alike despite our differences.

Edited By: General Earl on Jan 21st 2012, 4:40:36
See Original Post
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

General Earl Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 4:17:26

Originally posted by ZEN:

How about we just get it all out of the way?

Canada:
- Hairy Women
- Live in Igloos
- Meese
- Maple Syrup
- Hockey

USA:
- Bullies
- Sleep with Relatives
- Uneducated
- Fast Food
- Wal-Mart

Cheers!

About the only thing you got right on the Canadian side was Maple Syrup, Hockey and Crappy main stream music contribution. I don't know what 'Meese' even is/are.. I guess I could google it though lol.

On the US side, you forgot Football and massive amounts of firearms. :P

Edited By: General Earl on Jan 21st 2012, 4:25:08. Reason: fucked up quoting
See Original Post
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

iScode Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 7:13:33

Originally posted by General Earl:

You couldn't be more wrong. America is Canada's number one defense PARTNER. Our military forces are both heavily intertwined with each other, and if it ever came down to it, we'd be in those trenches together, fighting side by side. Canada simply doesn't have the population density, or the desire, or means for a massive and over-budgeted military force. We value peace and good relations with other countries just as much as America does- Though we do have VERY different ways of going about it. However, thats another post altogether.

To think for a second that Canadian interests in the north aren't also American interests is quite ignorant. Canada needs those resources to sell to America! (though also abroad, but moreso USA), America is probably quite happy to help protect our borders, because we have those resources they need, and we are more than happy to provide them at a very nice price as well.

The USA/Canada relationship is co-dependant, and we are the 'good cop', and the US is the 'bad cop', but if I had my choice of any 'bigger brother', I can think of no better country than the US. Minor political differences aside, USA kicks ass, and we compliment each other in many ways. As I said, co-dependant on each other! Obviously, I prefer Canada, but I live here and its no contest. We're better in a lot of ways, and I think the US respects that and tries to emulate us in a lot of ways too. Don't go thinking I'm all wannabe American either! We're just very much alike despite our differences.

I think you missed his point, no one wants to invade Canada. The only possible country that would have any benefit of actually doing so is the US
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

TY Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 13:41:03

Originally posted by TY:

Dude. I am an American.

Second. Guaranteed there are numerous souls that have the power and don't take advantage of it.

Furthermore, if you speak of my personal life. Please use the correct form of their.

Lastly, DH. Keep your eyes off of my male relatives. You're like the creepy uncle who makes children sit on his lap for just a little TOO long.

I will agree there may be a few holy souls that wouldnt take advantage of it. The vast majority though will always use what they have to THEIR own advantage. Its the human condition. We are still the same beings mentally that lived in caves. The only difference is our tech. Proof to that, how many people think the world is going to end in 2012 due to a celestial event? Way to many to considered the human being to be any more evolved than the caveman. Before you say its just the stupid ones there are scientists saying it. So educated people also fear the constellations just like the caveman feared an eclipse.

Of all the grammar errors that permeate this place you are going to give me a hard time about a simple slip.

Could that be considered taking advantage of everything you could from my post to denigrate me? When I have never in the 8 years playing this game insulted anyone personally.

Josh Billings

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 15:18:33

Originally posted by General Earl:

I shall fear no retals,

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 15:20:03

I could not more agree. I have been to Canada and found no fault with it. The people were great and the land war beautiful. Everyone should go and see Niagara Falls. It is beautiful. Well said GE>
I shall fear no retals,

Atryn Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 15:38:24

DH thinks land war is beautiful.

(proceeds to ignore what he meant).

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2012, 22:18:09

Originally posted by TY:
Originally posted by TY:

Dude. I am an American.

I will agree there may be a few holy souls that wouldnt take advantage of it. The vast majority though will always use what they have to THEIR own advantage. Its the human condition. We are still the same beings mentally that lived in caves. The only difference is our tech. Proof to that, how many people think the world is going to end in 2012 due to a celestial event? Way to many to considered the human being to be any more evolved than the caveman. Before you say its just the stupid ones there are scientists saying it. So educated people also fear the constellations just like the caveman feared an eclipse.

Of all the grammar errors that permeate this place you are going to give me a hard time about a simple slip.

Could that be considered taking advantage of everything you could from my post to denigrate me? When I have never in the 8 years playing this game insulted anyone personally.

I don't believe holy has anything to do with it. Some people are instilled with good MORALS. Which is really not what we are talking about. You and I's conversation started with you saying Americans aren't bullies (contradiction alert) they just take what they want because they can (sounds like a bully to me). Your reasoning was because we are just "human". Though you compare the US to the worst part of human nature. Which I take offense to.

While you have no faith in the human genome you still use the old belief of "he who has no sin may cast the first stone". So sure you don't insult people "personally". You just insult people "broadly" or as a whole.

Regardless. I wasn't serious when I originally posted that, unless you do think Canadian people live in igloos as well. Not only that, but I still wasn't serious when I corrected your form of their.

In fact, I am STILL not serious.

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 23:59:24

GE - Scode is right. You did completely miss my point. I wasn't saying that Canada and US don't have shared interests. I also wasn't saying that the Canadian and US militaries don't work together towards those interests. I was challenging DH's assertion that Canadians hide behind America because were it not for America's protection we would be destroyed. My point was, as Scode correctly stated, that there aren't many nations that would attack Canada even if the US were not there to protect us. We're not hiding behind American because there's nothing to hide from.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

TY Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 4:59:17

I guess our definition of a bully is different. To me a bully does what he does just for the pleasure of the terror he can inflict. Like all the mini Stalins and Hitlers we have around the world.

Those types wouldnt be talking about leaving Iraq a free and independent people with complete control of their countries resources and political fate.

Personally I wish the free world could remove them all from power, but I tend to always bring things down to a personal level.

If I was walking down the street and heard someone screaming like they are being harmed from inside a locked house. First I would call the police. Second, I am not waiting for them to arrive I am breaking in to try and help. Now that may get me in all kinds of trouble on many different levels. I will take the consequences of my actions whatever they may be, but I can not just stand by and let it continue.

Actually while typing this it reminds me of a time about, oh crap it was 11 or 12 years ago. I was out front of my house working on a car for a friend. I was sitting in the drivers seat and heard a huge commotion from across the street. I looked up in the rear view mirror just in time to see this huge man about 6'2" 300lbs blast the women that lived there right in the face. There was a whole crowd of people that were just standing around watching, letting it happen. Now I am no bad ass. I am 5'11" 140 lbs on my best day. My gun was in the house and this women was being beaten. I had no time to get to my gun so I yelled into the house to call the cops, went to the back of my van and pulled out its bumper jack. If you dont know what a bumper jack is ill tell you. It is a steel pipe that has about a 15lb steel sleeve that goes up and down it, used to jack up old cars by the bumper. I walked through the crowd of about 15 people. I engaged a few with questions mainly just to see where their state of mind was as I moved in. The first guy I asked why was not he stopping it. The second I asked if they knew whether or not he had a gun. Now all this happened within a minute or 2. I didnt really wanna fight this dude like I said he was quite large and well I am not. He knew I was coming because I was making as much noise as I could I wanted him to see what I planned to hit him with. Luckily he was smart enough to stop beating his women and he got into his car. Within about 10 minutes of yelling inside for the cops to be called the police showed up. I will admit to me it seemed like forever.

But anyway thats how I tend to look at things. We have freed millions from living their daily lives in terror. In return we ask for their support and friendship. When someone calls that bullying it gets my panties in a knot. No hard feelings here though.

Josh Billings

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 5:12:02

Ty is right. A bully does it not cause he needs something for himself he does it for the simple abuse factor. He likes watching the fear. Sometimes it is only to show off power. The best example i have ever seen of a bully was when this guy i went to school with (he was 16 in 7th grade) called a stray dog to him out on the playground and then with all he had punched the dog in the head for no reason. That is what a bully would do. Acting against a country you believe is doing wrong when that same action is in your countries best interest (such as US and Iraq) is not Bullying it is totally different.

Hawkeyee, i never said "I was challenging DH's assertion that Canadians hide behind America because were it not for America's protection we would be destroyed." That was never an assertion of mine.

I do believe Canada is protected from the Ocean and by being a neighbor of the US. I do agree most countries could not defeat Canada and would not try too. All I am saying is that it is good for Canada to be our neighbor. I will also say i doubt the US could find a better neighbor than Canada. Do not confuse things. I like Canada. Look at my nick. I love the out doors and Canada is beautiful. Granted, you guys can't set up a luge track worth a darn but aside form that Canada is a fine country. So is the USA.
I shall fear no retals,

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 6:01:39

Isn't the same, you are saying "that guy is a bully we must take him out"; when in most cases you covertly placed that bully in power in the first place, is like giving steroids to sportsmen and when they get out of hand and start to beat their girlfriends you want to be the hero of the movie and save everyone,; problem is that people still remember you gave that homo the steroids in the first place.

Ask yourselves a question:

Why most Iran hates the US?
Isn't because you have Disney world and they don't.

Why the world dislikes the US?
Isn't because we are jealous of your "beautiful" country/women/government/welfare/Hollywood/Food.

The only difference between the rest of the world and Iran/Middle east is that we don't drown ourselves on hate, just because your grandparents caused the death of our grandparents doesn't mean we have to hate your guts, however, we don't have to like you either.

You north Americans need to understand that besides europe/canada the rest of the world has little reasons to like you, yeah programs like the USAID and goodwill are nice, but most of those programs/resources stay on the hands of the very people you put in power decades ago, so what is the point?

No one has a reason to screw with Canada, because in all honestly they have not done any wrongs in our countries and have not benefited from our suffering in the ways USA corporations have.

That is what US citizens refuse to understand, the world isn't out to get you, you people where out to get the world first.

-----------

Now lets be objective, if our countries had developed as they where supposed to, instead of getting powerhungry puppet B killing our parents and keeping the people of their own country down in favor of themselves and forefingers, then we would probably have a fluff ton more conflicts, I accept that USA took the job of being the bad guy in order to stop wars from happening, at the cost of millions of lives lost in culture cleansings and suppressions, but all is good as long as the global economy isn't threatened, thousands can die as long as we never heard about it...

Africa is an extreme example of what I mean, but most Latino American countries had similar situations a couple of decades in the past.

Edited By: Chaoswind on Jan 22nd 2012, 6:12:50
See Original Post
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Atryn Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 15:48:33

On the "bully" question, I disagree. To me, a "bully" is using their own superior strength/ability to take what they want from one/more less capable opponent(s). What they want could be just self satisfaction with power, etc. but it could also be something real like your lunch money, your car, your resources or your country. The point is that they are doing it for themselves, and they don't care what the impact is on you.

In that sense, many people around the world see the U.S. as a bully sometimes and not other times. We may refer to it as "projecting power" or "securing resources" or "stabilizing a region" but it does have real impact locally on groups of people who do hold it against us.