Verified:

Kelts Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 16:08:41

Hello,

My name is Kelton and I love Oreo Ice Cream.

I also like many other flavours. I dont like Praline Ice Cream.

This reset this game has made me want to quit. With LCN gone, I decided to play untagged.

I couldnt decided where to play that I could also call home.

However I've been treated like absolute fluff by players of this game. I've been grabbed multiple times - and then had retals retaled because "Im not allowed to retal as I am untagged". I've been killed twice now, because I've grabbed a lot of land from fat people with low defense. I also nuked someone to half their land - after he wouldnt stop grabbing me.

Its just not fun anymore. Why can't this game just protect us people who choose not to play within the expected norms (ie join LaF).

This game has a massive choice to make going forward. Its having a massive identity crisis... is it a PVP game or is it a PVE game.

Playing PVP games over the last 20+ years I have learnt one thing... the bigger the investment the more exciting it gets when something does happen. Games that have no risk to the time spent playing it offer very little in return. It sure does make you annoyed with yourself when you do loose - but coming back and inflicting damage on someone else always makes it better.

The whinging in this game is unbearable. Just because a group of players decided to cause some havoc within the rules. Upsetting the expected norms of this game. Injecting some unexpected excitement into the game.

The game is dieing not because we killed someone, not because we reacked so many countries and wasted peoples investment in their country. No, the game is like it is because of what the current player base has made of it. Pish one-sided wars, a netting clan nobody is allowed to touch. A reliance on bots that don't fight back. People stuck in their ways and unable to see what has happened to their game.

It needs change. It needs something to happen differently in order to grow its player base and become a more exciting game.

I think back to my original time playing. Even back then we mistakenly called anyone doing anything diffent a suicider. I was wrong to label them that. They played the game how they wanted to. We killed countries that grabbed us too much - did we suicide on them? NO... because we were an alliance, so what we did was all proper.... why does the act of decalring war and having a tag make such a difference?

Im lost.

The game has all these features in the code for a reason. It's to allow you to make a choice... to discover missiles... to research SDI... to AB someone with no tanks, to poisoning food supplies. Its all in the code. Yet if a group of people want to use their missiles, to use their jets - to select war room and grab someone... its now somehow wrong? Its somehow ruining the game and driving people away?

No. Your attitude is driving people away.

I can run a CI next reset and grab anyone in the game no matter what defence you get. I probably wont - but anyone else could do the same. You can choose to have no defence - or to at least make it hard and costly to grab you. Its your choice, but its my choice if I want to make the effort. But isnt that expectation, anticipation, the unknown, at least the slightest bit exciting?

Or would you all prefer to know that nobody will attack you this next reset. To know you can grab bots as much as you like, and nobody will ever take that land off you? You can net all you like, you can try and beat the maths and get a new NW record... but there will be no risk... and very little reward.

Maybe the game does need to change. Maybe the PVPers need an alliance-like server, maybe the PVE's need a server that protects them entirely from real people. But I think making that split would actually kill the entire game.

I say leave the game as it is (although restart rules do need to change), however your attitudes and how the game is played need to change if its ever going to attract new players.

I have been Kelton. And I love Ice Cream. And I've actually had the most exciting reset of Earth ever.

Hokage Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 17:15:30

Create a country name that obviously identified as a human player and also make a tag that will help you as a solo player.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 17:44:11

untagged players being treated poorly in a tagged server?

is there another server where everyone is untagged?

if you thought this set was exciting then you seriously had no idea how easy suiciding is?

this has happened many times before

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 2nd 2018, 18:42:25

Yes, we have servers called express, tourney, primary for solo player playing.
Alliance, team and FFA are for alliance type play. Not solo.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 18:52:40

Express, Tourney, and Primary are exclusively for solo play, what you are doing is equivalent to going to hometown buffet and expecting gourmet food, get a grip will ya... SMH
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

breeze Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 20:46:27

So whats your point oreo ice cream boy?

DirtySquirrel83 Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 20:53:25

Sounds like you guys are suggesting we use alliance server to play alongside friends against other players?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 21:05:54

Yes, tag the fluff up, it isn't rocket science!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 22:25:28

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

.... but is it in the rules?

"You must tag"

Or is that just a game mechanic, you can choose to use.

We are at a red pill / blue pill moment here. Choose wisely. http://i.imgur.com/c6tMzZH.png

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 22:33:44

Originally posted by UgolinoII:

.... but is it in the rules?

"You must tag"

Or is that just a game mechanic, you can choose to use.

We are at a red pill / blue pill moment here. Choose wisely. http://i.imgur.com/c6tMzZH.png

It's common sense, yeah you lose, buttercup!
(•_•)

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 22:36:16

If you are a small group of players who have just pissed thewhole server off would you want to be identifiable ingame? This is what burns you all up - you will be screwed over and realistically cannot do anything about it until it is too late.

Sure, alliances could organise a kill team to kill all untagged countries that are not bots. That will cause more grief and chaos as they get revenge. You could sit and 'taunt' the players telling them to man up and get a tag, call them cowards et al. All the more fun for when we screw you again.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 22:40:58

So no? I'll put the over unders at 4 weeks.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 22:43:06

We can just kill everything that looks funny and isn't a bot, it would make it a fun set :-)
(•_•)

Namineff Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 22:43:26

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
So no? I'll put the over unders at 4 weeks.

4 weeks until you and LaF unconditionally surrender? Or does sp00ge get to have another bukkake party next set?
We are sp00ge...it will be messy!

Namineff Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 22:43:54

We can just kill everything that looks funny and isn't a bot, it would make it a fun set :-)

That will be great for the netters, lol

mrcuban Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 22:45:19

The only reason to create a tag as a solo player right now is to distinguish yourself between a player and a bot. There are those who will grab you anyway as a solo tag or small tag because they like the power, and want to create drama. They will ROR you until their tag does a KR.

Kelts is right with attitudes, I cannot agree more. That comment isn't liked, but alot of what he says is true. Suicide on someone who is clearly netting and spent the time isn't great. But its part of the game. Grabbing someone for acres, is different to harmful spy ops or BR / AB / GS suicide on a country, but its part of the game. Having this as a possibility for me also adds some level of risk with my country, and I run a higher level of defense and SPAL accordingly.

At the end of the day we all know the game is dying. You only have to look at the number of real players decreasing and the number of bot accounts increasing....

Change or die, at the moment its looking the later.

archaic Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 23:07:03

What does whinging mean? Something to do with being in a fraternity full of illiterate fluffs I suppose

Edited By: archaic on Oct 2nd 2018, 23:36:19
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

breeze Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 23:30:43

Originally posted by trumpoz:
If you are a small group of players who have just pissed thewhole server off would you want to be identifiable ingame? This is what burns you all up - you will be screwed over and realistically cannot do anything about it until it is too late.

Sure, alliances could organise a kill team to kill all untagged countries that are not bots. That will cause more grief and chaos as they get revenge. You could sit and 'taunt' the players telling them to man up and get a tag, call them cowards et al. All the more fun for when we screw you again.

It sure didn't seem like Chaos putting together a KR on you guys.
I agree with KoH on killing everything that looks funny. So you guys brought the killing of all suiciders and untagged countries. Let the fun begin. iMag will not have a problem helping kill. iHeadbanger

Oct 2nd 2018, 23:31:41

Originally posted by breeze:

It sure didn't seem like Chaos putting together a KR on you guys.
I agree with KoH on killing everything that looks funny. So you guys brought the killing of all suiciders and untagged countries. Let the fun begin. iMag will not have a problem helping kill. iHeadbanger

Do it.

DruncK Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 0:20:35

Tag or not you're all gonna die swiftly next set =\

And by not tagging up you put all possible new players at risk*lol*

Just being untagged does not mean we won't know exactly who is human and not.

You guys already burnt what alliances were trying to do the right thing and let players in with no references so that's not an option anymore.

Oct 3rd 2018, 0:28:12

Please, don't be a fluff. Follow through.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2018, 0:30:08

Originally posted by DirtySquirrel83:
Please, don't be a fluff. Follow through.

Ohhhhh the IRONY!!!! Hahahaha WOW!
(•_•)

Kelts Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 9:33:25

Originally posted by Hokage:
Create a country name that obviously identified as a human player and also make a tag that will help you as a solo player.

At no point did I pretend to be a bot this reset. I attacked early on to demonstrate I wasn't a bot. I even created a single country tag for my first country. So yeah, I did everything possible to indicate I was not a bot :) But yeah, you kinda missed the point... I wasnt actually upset / pissed off at how I was treated as a single country...

Kelts Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 9:41:59

Originally posted by enshula:

if you thought this set was exciting then you seriously had no idea how easy suiciding is?

nobody said we were the first, nobody thinks we will be the last. Nobody said we were the best or the worst. Nobody said it would be hard, or that we found it easy. Nobody involved said we were suiciding. We were fighting a war. Using tactics and methods allowed within the game rules and within our means given our numbers.

"Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants, such as paramilitary personnel, armed civilians, or irregulars, use military tactics including ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, hit-and-run tactics, and mobility to fight a larger and less-mobile traditional military."

If all we can do as a small group of friends is to land grab / chem / AB / spy op countries with low defence etc... then that is within the game rules and code, a valid way to fight a war. Not to suicide.... I'd have preferred to stay alive both times... however you chose to use traditional warfare tactics to kill me. Fair game. No regrets. Its war.

Don't turn it into something its not.

Change your attitudes, change the game, make it better, make it fun again.

Kelts Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 9:47:47

Originally posted by breeze:
So whats your point oreo ice cream boy?

That I like Ice Cream? And you should to. Everyone should like Ice Cream, even if it isn't Oreo flavoured.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2018, 9:49:03

Originally posted by Kelts:
Originally posted by enshula:

nobody said we were the first, nobody thinks we will be the last. Nobody said we were the best or the worst. Nobody said it would be hard, or that we found it easy. Nobody involved said we were suiciding. We were fighting a war. Using tactics and methods allowed within the game rules and within our means given our numbers.

"Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants, such as paramilitary personnel, armed civilians, or irregulars, use military tactics including ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, hit-and-run tactics, and mobility to fight a larger and less-mobile traditional military."

If all we can do as a small group of friends is to land grab / chem / AB / spy op countries with low defence etc... then that is within the game rules and code, a valid way to fight a war. Not to suicide.... I'd have preferred to stay alive both times... however you chose to use traditional warfare tactics to kill me. Fair game. No regrets. Its war.

Don't turn it into something its not.

Change your attitudes, change the game, make it better, make it fun again.

11/10 well said.

Kelts Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 9:49:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6xiFDAIwy8

Great video for all you kids.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2018, 10:48:24

Your tactics are crap

Get used to restarting

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 10:52:44

Originally posted by ironxxx:
Your tactics are crap

Get used to restarting

Time will tell.

Namineff Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 11:15:09

Your tactics are crap

Get used to restarting

I dont think the server will like our restarts...

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 11:56:14

Speak for yourself Nami - given I've had 4 or 5 countries killed thus far my restart is not going to be able to do much other than anklebiting hehe.

I will accept FA from anyone - particularly any countries in the top 10.

Send to #559 (yes that is my country)

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 11:57:18

I'll enjoy watching your restart go though.

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 12:07:59

Your tactics are crap

Get used to restarting

Time will tell.

21 years isn't enough time for you scrubs to learn that suiciding as untaggeds isn't going to change anything?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Namineff Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 12:28:15

Speak for yourself Nami - given I've had 4 or 5 countries killed thus far my restart is not going to be able to do much other than anklebiting hehe.

I will accept FA from anyone - particularly any countries in the top 10.

Send to #559 (yes that is my country)

We'll have to FA you then :)

Makinso Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 12:42:03

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Your tactics are crap

Get used to restarting

Time will tell.

21 years isn't enough time for you scrubs to learn that suiciding as untaggeds isn't going to change anything?

Please not that learning takes a capable and proper functioning brain..... Need I say more?

Hokage Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 19:01:39

I'm eager to find naminef country next set!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2018, 19:15:26

Namineff is a coward, he wouldn't have the balls to disclose his fluff hole country.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 3rd 2018, 19:20:42

LCN was offered to war last set in at least two scenarios where they would have a solid numbers advantage. They were offered that and backed out of it. Two sets ago the whole server(including LaF, SOL and Elders) scrambled to save LCN from another beatdown from imagnum. Now they act all fluffy. The memory of LCN of old has been replaced and they will only be remembered as the 12th most worthless alliance ever.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2018, 19:30:53

LOL, dude, you're a player after my own heart. LOL

In Alliance, playing untagged is a foolhardy venture now that the game itself supports those tags, there was a time when there was no in game clan tagging and you had to embed your clan tag in your country name. Even then, there were problems with alliances having outside game tools that allowed them to look at in game information separately. RoCK being the first of the external databases that supported game play for alliances and which became the subject of a manifesto about it published by yours truly, to much screaming and gnashing of teeth among all the alliances, and the opening of the RoCK operation to other alliances, etc. Farming of the untagged has gone on forever in this game. There are no current alliances with the will or the ability to change that.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Hokage Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 19:44:42

Enough talk when will naminef come out of protection you are nothing compared to weezy!

Namineff Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 19:59:34

Originally posted by Gerdler:
LCN was offered to war last set in at least two scenarios where they would have a solid numbers advantage. They were offered that and backed out of it. Two sets ago the whole server(including LaF, SOL and Elders) scrambled to save LCN from another beatdown from imagnum. Now they act all fluffy. The memory of LCN of old has been replaced and they will only be remembered as the 12th most worthless alliance ever.

Ah, LCN chose to net for the final set and two alliances felt the need to have people suicide on them out of fear or frustration or whatever. Now you want to be enraged and complain? Tough crap. idgaf what you think of a dead alliance and neither does anyone else.

Hokage I'll be out soon. what # are you? I have something for you <3

Hokage Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 20:04:07

come out of protection first i cam kill you first dont afraid t be killex you already told the server what you wanted to say!

Oct 3rd 2018, 20:07:29

It took the whole server to save a couple people from imag? Ffs

Hokage Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 20:14:54

dont talk just tell naminef to come outof protection!

Namineff Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 20:19:54

dont talk just tell naminef to come outof protection!

I'll be out soon honey. Just let me know your number so I can call you <3 <3 <3

Hokage Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 20:24:37

Don't call me honey only galleri called me like that! Just come out of your protection after 5 hours then if not we have nothing to talk about. Just play next set im going to find your country!

Namineff Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 20:25:56

Don't call me honey only galleri called me like that! Just come out of your protection after 5 hours then if not we have nothing to talk about. Just play next set im going to find your country!

But honey, if you give me Gerdler's country number next set I'll be really easy to find!

Hokage Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 20:31:49

Im the one in laf ordering a don to net!

Hokage Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 20:32:42

come out of protection you scared noob 6 days remaning lf still have top 10.

Trife Game profile

Nov 6th 2018, 4:54:24

but you will remember us!

captainjacksparrow.jpeg