Verified:

BiffBuff

Jan 25th 2011, 12:59:27

All of those on-topic, relevant, game-related posts definately deserved more than that!

Thanks to fooglmog for being a voice of support/reason even though we come from different sides of the tracks.

These mods really have a short fuse when it come to anything slightly controversial with the way they run the game. Maybe a concrete tablet is needed to harden up and confront the growing questions about the direction this game is heading.
BB
SOLs Resident Pest
<Makinso> from behind works the best

spawn Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 13:19:57

i suggest that you PM qz if you want to discuss/talk about that stuff, else i only see you getting banned again
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Helmet Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 13:22:00

I thought the ban was silly too, but I'm done beating my head against the wall. Things will continue like they are and if some day enough people are fed up maybe it'll force change. I don't see anything changing anytime soon so you're just asking to get banned again. :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 25th 2011, 15:50:18

look
this board isn't the place to try and air your personal vendettas against staffers.

bring your concerns to the admins' attention privately and they're dealt with in a very good fashion.

make a thread bashing the admins and saying that people shouldn't support the game by being a patron because you don't like how some of the admins played (oh, and those admins no longer play in alliances, which you neglected to mention) and you'll find your threads tossed.

you'll also see that my fett up response post was received better than anything you wrote, so I'd suggest you stop trying to run a public smear campaign and instead try to work WITH the staff and community to promote positive change.

your rhetoric doesn't match your actions -- if you cared about the game, you wouldn't make the majority of your threads/posts about either yourself and how hard done by you are or how horrible the admin staff is

if you don't like us, leave. I'm tired of dealing with your petty, ignorant spin to try and bash admins who your alliance doesn't get along with. it's a waste of the admins' time which we'd like to be spending elsewhere.

act up again and you won't find us being so lenient.
we have better things to do than coddle trolls who just want to tear down what we've built up.

Edited By: Pang on Jan 25th 2011, 16:06:34
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Trife Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 16:09:32

Originally posted by Pang:
look
this board isn't the place to try and air your personal vendettas against staffers.

bring your concerns to the admins' attention privately and they're dealt with in a very good fashion.

make a thread bashing the admins and saying that people shouldn't support the game by being a patron because you don't like how some of the admins played (oh, and those admins no longer play in alliances, which you neglected to mention) and you'll find your threads tossed.

you'll also see that my fett up response post was received better than anything you wrote, so I'd suggest you stop trying to run a public smear campaign and instead try to work WITH the staff and community to promote positive change.

your rhetoric doesn't match your actions -- if you cared about the game, you wouldn't make the majority of your threads/posts about either yourself and how hard done by you are or how horrible the admin staff is

if you don't like us, leave. I'm tired of dealing with your petty, ignorant spin to try and bash admins who your alliance doesn't get along with. it's a waste of the admins' time which we'd like to be spending elsewhere.

act up again and you won't find us being so lenient.
we have better things to do than coddle trolls who just want to tear down what we've built up.

quoted for truth

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 16:11:23

And just think: If I had posted what Pang had posted, this thread would be either closed or filled with over 100 posts of vitriolic flaming by now...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Patience Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 17:11:11

And yet... some of us still lubbes ya! <3
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Helmet Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 18:37:33

You're all trolls.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 25th 2011, 19:24:54

lies and slander.
*deletes patience for no reason* :P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Patience Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 19:38:25

MOD ABUSE!!!! I DEMAND SATISFACTION!!!! :(

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 21:02:44

Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

kemo Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 0:14:06

Originally posted by Patience:
MOD ABUSE!!!! I DEMAND SATISFACTION!!!! :(

I can do that but I'll need a good 30 min of stretchin before I strike my sexy pose or I can stand over by the pond and do moose things
all praised to ra

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 0:39:59

i am in favor of the moose things
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

GearHead Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 0:43:53

Thank you NukEvil for using the word "vitriolic", outside of talk radio I don't get to hear or read that word very often

ponderer Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 1:08:05

I have a definite problem with game admins posting with their alliance in their sig (hold off on the flaming, there's a but coming), or making alliance partisan posts with the admin tag, but I feel this game is better for having admins that play the game and are active members of the game community. What killed earth 2025 more than anything else was its admin's disinterest, followed by his neglect.

If we abuse the admins now, and make them more distant, the game will die, make no mistake about it.
m0m0rific

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2011, 1:24:25

@marshal: this is actually the song that came to my mind first. The video was more for your benefit given your threads in boxcar, though I'm not sure what it's truly from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdm3T67IXdA

Notorious Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 1:53:15

/popcorn
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Helmet Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 3:13:13

Originally posted by ponderer:
I have a definite problem with game admins posting with their alliance in their sig (hold off on the flaming, there's a but coming), or making alliance partisan posts with the admin tag, but I feel this game is better for having admins that play the game and are active members of the game community. What killed earth 2025 more than anything else was its admin's disinterest, followed by his neglect.

If we abuse the admins now, and make them more distant, the game will die, make no mistake about it.

They could do all of those things under an alias and everyone would be happy. Ignorance is bliss. I'd rather not know if they're biased. :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 26th 2011, 4:56:29

or would it be "OMG SCANDAL! ADMINS ARE PLAYING UNDER ALIASES!"

there's no way to win with everyone -- only a handful of people believe that we're actually biased and that it actually impacts how we admin the game (which is a bullfluff argument to make)

I personally feel we don't have anything to hide so why bother hiding our identities? I know I for one don't want to play in the shadows and I don't feel that I should have to. I will also absolutely slip up and post on the wrong account, if you can't tell its me from the way I post. Everything we do is really transparent, as this is a project we built for the community. The argument that we built this for ourselves or want to bring our alliances to the top is absolute crap and anyone who spews it only makes their own agenda more obvious.

As an aside from this stupid discussion, I'm not doing anything more than running a country at this point, so doesn't that make the argument absolutely moot to begin with?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

locket Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 5:03:17

You are biased towards your country. I bet you will secretly buff farmer to get some end networth for yourself. You are a terrible person too. And you kick babys.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 26th 2011, 5:04:39

also, to be perfectly honest, I don't get how what I do could possibly be considered biased or favouring one alliance....

unless...
*flashes back to inner monologues while doing EE changes*
"Alright, I fixed that bug in the caching functions which allows the mobile template to work properly. This should help LaF win ANW."

"Woo! Finally finished the bonus system -- that should stifle SoL's plans!"

"I'm glad me and Nukevil improved the regex for the forum quotes. We will harness this new power to keep down those we don't agree with."

Edited By: Pang on Jan 26th 2011, 5:06:44
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 26th 2011, 5:05:03

Originally posted by locket:
You are biased towards your country. I bet you will secretly buff farmer to get some end networth for yourself. You are a terrible person too. And you kick babys.

hey, that baby kicked me first!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

locket Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 5:11:58

Don't take candy from it next time...

Prima Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 5:46:20

there's no way to win with everyone -- only a handful of people believe that we're actually biased and that it actually impacts how we admin the game (which is a bullfluff argument to make)

I personally feel we don't have anything to hide so why bother hiding our identities? I know I for one don't want to play in the shadows and I don't feel that I should have to. I will also absolutely slip up and post on the wrong account, if you can't tell its me from the way I post. Everything we do is really transparent, as this is a project we built for the community. The argument that we built this for ourselves or want to bring our alliances to the top is absolute crap and anyone who spews it only makes their own agenda more obvious.

As an aside from this stupid discussion, I'm not doing anything more than running a country at this point, so doesn't that make the argument absolutely moot to begin with?

Pang is secretly playing untagged it's the country that does not lose land but gains it on successful land-grabs :(

I was hitting it all day yesterday and it grew to 30K acres, for some reason the more I hit this country the more turns I was receiving. Ended up with almost 1000 extra turns, i couldn't use them fast enough.

Then when I stopped hitting pang's untagged country my country just shriveled up to almost nothing

My country started loosing income and bushels, my jet count kept growing exponentially and I wasn't even using turns... forcing me to hit pang's country again... it was horrible :p

to top it all off I got an in game message "muwahahaha we now pwn your country signed the cwazy canadians" This is when I knew it had to be Pang.

ZDH: Doesn't the Tigress do all the hunting and killing anyway?
Happy Hunting - Tigress

Link Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 7:18:02

lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 7:19:09

He didnt post back ? What a let down.. i demand reps !
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Helmet Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 12:03:44

I don't think you're being honest if you say you feel the same way about all of the alliances. You can't play the game and not have any bias.

There is a difference between being biased, which I think everyone is to some degree and acting on that bias which I'm not sure anyone has actually accused you of. If you were acting on it administratively I wouldn't even be talking about it, I'd just quit. Which would make you happy I'm sure. :)

Detmer Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 14:47:42

"I'm glad me and Nukevil improved the regex for the forum quotes. We will harness this new power to keep down those we don't agree with."

Wrong! That just gave PDM more power!!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 26th 2011, 15:30:16

Originally posted by Helmet:

I don't think you're being honest if you say you feel the same way about all of the alliances. You can't play the game and not have any bias.

There is a difference between being biased, which I think everyone is to some degree and acting on that bias which I'm not sure anyone has actually accused you of. If you were acting on it administratively I wouldn't even be talking about it, I'd just quit. Which would make you happy I'm sure. :)

this argument is getting so watered down now.... "i don't think your bias actually makes you admin the game differently or badley, I still want to attack you for it though."

if you can't understand there is a VERY big difference between how things are admin'ed and how people play the game, then that's a problem on your end and like I said earlier, not one I can change. There are lots of folks who can make that distinction, I'm not sure why a select group of people can't.

for instance... detmer posted on this thread. him and TAN are two of the people I disagree with the most politically and their alliance is one that I've had disagreements and issues with pretty much perpetually since 2006. While we can always find ingame things to argue about, both have always been great to chat with about other stuff and they've always been really willing to work with us and help out, even when relations are bad between our alliances. Detmer was one of the guys behind the scenes during that WSJ stuff chatting with me about responding to the media and whatnot. The anti-admin trolls should take cues from those guys -- keep the ingame stuff ingame and keep the admin-side stuff professional.

this is such a flawed argument by anyone who wants to trash the admins, I hope everyone is understanding just how stupid it is to keep rehashing the same thing with the same flawed argument.
Go over to astroempires and complain to them about how hard done by you are with the admins and see how quick you're laughed out of those forums.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2011, 15:46:51

confirmed re: Astro Empires

EE admins are decent peeps that are eloquent and actually take the time to explain in nice terms - they are a credit to themselves and the entire earth community

want an argument - rent an argument, don't bring it on the boards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 15:53:24

that astroempires game looks like fun. I might start playing that instead of EE. ANyone play?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 26th 2011, 15:55:03

everyone played for a long time as E:2025 fizzled in 2008-2009... the admins deleted all of WoG (where all the earthers played) because they were starting to challenge the admins' alliances in terms of power :p

it was fun for a while though!
you also needed to pay to really compete/be the best, though.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 16:02:05

lol really? Thats insane...

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 26th 2011, 16:04:19

ya, I think the reasoning they gave was that they didn't appreciate the religious overtones that the name "Wrath of God" displayed

no one bought it
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2011, 16:06:09

think it was more of the potential racial slur pang ;)

kinda like the n-word for yanks :P

< WoGger and proud of it :)
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Helmet Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 16:11:31

this argument is getting so watered down now.... "i don't think your bias actually makes you admin the game differently or badley, I still want to attack you for it though."

if you can't understand there is a VERY big difference between how things are admin'ed and how people play the game, then that's a problem on your end and like I said earlier, not one I can change. There are lots of folks who can make that distinction, I'm not sure why a select group of people can't.

for instance... detmer posted on this thread. him and TAN are two of the people I disagree with the most politically and their alliance is one that I've had disagreements and issues with pretty much perpetually since 2006. While we can always find ingame things to argue about, both have always been great to chat with about other stuff and they've always been really willing to work with us and help out, even when relations are bad between our alliances. Detmer was one of the guys behind the scenes during that WSJ stuff chatting with me about responding to the media and whatnot. The anti-admin trolls should take cues from those guys -- keep the ingame stuff ingame and keep the admin-side stuff professional.

this is such a flawed argument by anyone who wants to trash the admins, I hope everyone is understanding just how stupid it is to keep rehashing the same thing with the same flawed argument.
Go over to astroempires and complain to them about how hard done by you are with the admins and see how quick you're laughed out of those forums.

I don't think you comprehended what I said at all or you wouldn't be implying that I don't understand the difference between playing the game versus admining. I can't even imagine a way my words could be interpretted that I don't know the difference. I think you need to read them again.

All I said was some of your posts are annoying since you're an admin. You need to lighten up. I'm sure you find my posts annoying. I wouldn't get my panties in a bundle if you told me that. You act like I said something so offensive. You offended me after the first post I made on these forums. Get over it.

You sure love to use the word troll against anyone you don't agree with. It's getting comical.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 16:12:40

http://wiki.astroempires.com/index.php/Wrath_of_God

lmao @ the part almost all the way down titled "WoG now".

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 26th 2011, 16:27:08

actually a big chunk of that wasn't directed at you helmet, but your previous post: "play under an alias" implies that I should not play the game I helped to create, except from the shadows. I take major issue with that. You think there is a reason people should rise up against the "admin abuse" (see your first post on this thread) and you've made posts trying to lure the admin staff into fights with you on numerous occasions.

Overall, I don't like your attitude, helmet -- I think your ego is too big for your britches and you bailed on this community, your alliance and the game in its darkest hours. You came back now and all you seem to do is criticize those who did the positive things to promote change about the little semantic things you happen to not agree with.

You're not a troll because you don't agree with me -- you're a troll because you troll us. Lots of your posts have treble hooks and spinners on them. :)

Edited By: Pang on Jan 26th 2011, 16:31:47
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 26th 2011, 16:36:35

also, I wish everyone got along with us -- and it's unfortunate that we need to waste time on threads like this debating against the handful of people who want to trash us for the small things they don't like about us.

we've tried really hard to make a great new place for the community to rebuild, but threads like this only serve to cause divides and waste our time. I'm super appreciative of all the positive responses we've got, but a "thank you" lasts 30 seconds in private, but a "screw you" lasts 4 days in public.

that was the reason we started deleting and banning. it was less time invested compared to these dumb threads... hopefully this one will resolve itself soon
i was hopeful we'd have been done already (since there were mainly random comedy posts being made), but helmet wanted to bring it back on topic.

Edited By: Pang on Jan 26th 2011, 16:46:11. Reason: grammar
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Helmet Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 16:51:26

1) I think you have a fair point on the not playing under the shadows. Doesn't mean my point isn't valid though.

2) I bailed when the cheating go out of control and I'm glad I did. I won't apologize for it. I play to compete and if the game is full of cheating I won't sink to that level.

3) If I had a big ego I'd be running SoF and I'd be trying to influence what's going on in the game. I'm just playing and trying to have fun. This forum is the only part of the game that isn't fun. I really should just stop posting or reading this garbage.

4) So, in summary I'm a troll because I speak my mind and don't sugar coat things? This forum is just full of trolls. We should rename it the troll forum.

I'm sure you don't like my attitude, but believe it or not I've been trying to tone things down. You, on the other hand, seem to be wanting to battle.

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 17:20:18

Somehow I think if the admins found posts to be annoying, they'd likely not be doing the work they're doing.

I'm sure some of us are less enjoyable than others, but I think given their skill set and talent I'm inclined to believe they do this by choice rather than necessity.

Patience Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 17:36:20

also, I wish everyone got along with us -- and it's unfortunate that we need to waste time on threads like this debating against the handful of people who want to trash us for the small things they don't like about us...

Pang... stop debating. ;) You cannot change opinions. State your case, move on, and don't waste your time - because no matter what, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. As a matter of fact, I've discovered that a certain percentage of the population simply cannot be pleased by anyone at ANY time. ;)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 26th 2011, 17:43:07

helmet: we chatted in private, so I'll just leave it with that :p

now3p: EE pays for our Raman noodles. Without EE, we would be noodleless, and no one wants to be without their noodles.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Helmet Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 17:43:19

Originally posted by Patience:
also, I wish everyone got along with us -- and it's unfortunate that we need to waste time on threads like this debating against the handful of people who want to trash us for the small things they don't like about us...

Pang... stop debating. ;) You cannot change opinions. State your case, move on, and don't waste your time - because no matter what, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. As a matter of fact, I've discovered that a certain percentage of the population simply cannot be pleased by anyone at ANY time. ;)

We took it offline.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 22:48:25

Originally posted by BiffBuff:
All of those on-topic, relevant, game-related posts definately deserved more than that!

Thanks to fooglmog for being a voice of support/reason even though we come from different sides of the tracks.

These mods really have a short fuse when it come to anything slightly controversial with the way they run the game. Maybe a concrete tablet is needed to harden up and confront the growing questions about the direction this game is heading.

so, you basically want Pang to find some freshly poured concrete and use his finger to scribble out the rules, so that you can run around pretending to be Moses after it hardens?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

ponderer Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 3:23:03

Pang: I don't care if you lead an alliance while admining the game. If anything, I think it's a plus, for the reasons mentioned in my last post. If you were using your boxcar and ee superpowers for evil, LaF's last two resets would've gone a bit differently, and I trust you not to mess with the game for a short term advantage.

I'd like to see you take the admin tag off of either pang or pangaea, and use the untagged one when you spin for LaF - otherwise it just seems too official ;p

It would also make me happier if nukevil were to turn off the forum developer tag when he goes trolling. His trolling can make the forums a more interesting place, but again the tag makes it seem like official trolling.

And damnit, I want the old slagpit back.

Edited By: ponderer on Jan 27th 2011, 3:25:14
See Original Post
m0m0rific

locket Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 7:29:01

Flame him a bit(slag)