Verified:

mrford Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 17:22:42

This needs to happen.

The season kicks off tonight with my top 2 hated teams playing eachother. The rapists vs the cheaters, great start to the year. Atleast I have fantasy stats to watch.

The panthers also just locked up Luke for 5 years and $62 mill making him the highest paid ILB ever. I think he deserves every penny and is a future HOFer. Not a bad offseason for the panthers locking up Cam, Luke, Thomas Davis, and Olsen long term. That isn't a bad core. Sucks about KB but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

The panthers will probably have a top 5 defense and bottom 10 offence and will win the terrible NFC south with a record like 9-7.

They will do this without any real WRs through an improved o-line and a strong backfield. The year Cam took the panthers to a 12-4 record they were ranked in the bottom 4 in passing yards. Didn't need them with a run game and a powerful defense. hopefully we can pull that off again.

What is your team lookin like?

Edited By: mrford on Sep 10th 2015, 17:24:54
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 18:02:43

Originally posted by mrford:
The rapists vs the cheaters, great start to the year.

That made me LOL :)

I think The Patriots have a Great Quarterback and a Good Defense. There are not a lot of teams in the NFL that have this combination:

Seattle has a Great Defense, and a Good Quarterback.

Green Bay has a Good/Great Quarterback and a Good Defense.

Those are the only three teams I can think of. (There are other good teams of course, but not in the same category as these 3)

I am not going to predict Superbowl appearances, but those three teams will be tough this year.

I am trying to have an anti-fanboy take on this. But whether you like them or not, The Pats will be in the playoffs again this year.

Reckless Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 18:22:31

Worst off season in sports history.

But I'm not buying in they won't be a competitive team. They lost key pieces, sure, but it was a deep roster. Bowman looks great. The corners are unproven but have enough talent to get it done. The safeties are going to step up. The pass rush will most likely come from Mangini's crazy blitz packages.

Offensively I think they will have speed. No more power run. Torrey Smith and Reggie Bush add a lot. Plus with Boldin, Hyde, and Davis. The line will need to be key. Give Kap time + better play calling.

The division will be just as good. Palmers health, Rams effectiveness at QB, and Seattle rebounding off a tough SB loss.

Trife Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 18:22:58

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:

I think The Patriots have a Great Quarterback and a Good Defense. There are not a lot of teams in the NFL that have this combination:

at first i was going to mention that pittsburgh met that definition, but i wasn't sure how much their defense had slipped recently, so i looked it up. pitt finished 18th, ouch, yeah that's not a good defense.

but the number 3 defense last year was the broncos, and they've got a decent QB in the general

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 18:29:11

Agreed, Denver has a good team.. not in my top 3 because Peyton isn't scary like he used to be (and even then, he was only regular season scary).. but they will still be a good team again.

Reckless Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 18:29:42

New England lost a lot on D

Trife Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 18:30:59

Originally posted by Reckless:

reka has taken a lot of D

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 18:33:35

I will miss big Vince :(

slip Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 18:45:06

Raiders. 5 wins. Everyone else in our division regresses. I think this is the first year in awhile that the bronco's aren't a shoe in.

Khalil Mack is scary. Carr has a high floor/low ceiling. Defense will be all over the place. We are so good in some spots while our CBs are terrible. We will get lit up by some QBs with an arm.

Fantasy wise, I have an all raider backfield.

L. Murray
R Jennings
D McFadden

For some reason, I feel really good about that backfield.

Edited By: slip on Sep 10th 2015, 18:49:16
See Original Post

TAN Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 19:17:07

Whoever Buddah's O-Line is will die.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

BladeEWG Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 20:56:12

Colts/Broncos

Reckless Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 21:07:28

Originally posted by Trife:
Originally posted by Reckless:

reka has taken a lot of D

Dairy? Of course

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 21:31:25

Luke deserves to be the highest paid LB. Absolute beast!

Cardinals outlook: will be a tough team yet again, but no better than 9-7/10-6 and perhaps grab a wildcard and lose in the first round.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 21:33:28

Originally posted by slip:

Fantasy wise, I have an all raider backfield.

L. Murray
R Jennings
D McFadden

For some reason, I feel really good about that backfield.

I wouldn't, tbh. I like the actual raiders this season more than your RB's.

slip Game profile

Sep 10th 2015, 21:51:17

I just checked Bovada.

Raiders are at 5 1/2 wins
Panthers are at 8 1/2 wins
Cardinals are at 8 1/2 wins

mrford and I are moving to vegas. Thanks for the contribution ericownsyou5.

everyone else sucks at this thread.

elvesrus

Sep 11th 2015, 4:30:49

#radiogate
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mrford Game profile

Sep 11th 2015, 4:39:34

Damn patriots already cheating again!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 11th 2015, 12:49:20

hahaha

Kat Game profile

Sep 11th 2015, 15:14:30

First, Pats ftw and haters always gonna hate.

Second, you can only say the Pats have cheated if you're going to say they have control over radio communications - which they don't. Besides, three quarters of the game were played WITHOUT the radio debacle and the Steelers still sucked. The end.

mrford Game profile

Sep 11th 2015, 15:35:32

Downplaying alleged cheating because it's advantage wasn't clear cut is a classic cheater deflection tactic.

Well done.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 11th 2015, 18:36:16

#goallineshiftgate

GeneralofRome Game profile

Sep 11th 2015, 23:40:18

Giants will start the season 6-2 and collapse 2nd half just like they usually do...

kris Game profile

Sep 11th 2015, 23:44:32

Originally posted by GeneralofRome:
Giants will start the season 6-2 and collapse 2nd half just like they usually do...

I actually think it may be the other way around; they have too many pieces that need to come together before they start winning. I'm not looking forward to Sunday night...

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 12:02:36

Is it sunday yet,!?!
The Death Knights

XI

mrford Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 12:46:51

No, but Saturday is almost better! More games!

This is my Alma Mater's first year in the FBS. Fastest jump ever. Can't wait to month their first bowl game.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 13:05:09

College football. Mm

I used to bet the spread on everygame. Lol now i just do the nfl games
The Death Knights

XI

mrford Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 13:08:02

Who cares about betting.

College football is far more pure and entertaining. I enjoy watching it more, but the NFL still has my attention.

My carolina panthers take precedence over anything though.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Reckless Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 15:13:24

Each Saturday seems to have a mega match up you can't miss, potential Heisman candidates, coaching and school rivalries.

Reckless Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 15:19:08

Each Saturday seems to have a mega match up you can't miss, potential Heisman candidates, coaching and school rivalries.

vern Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 15:32:10

GO LEAFS GO

ZDH Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 17:11:12

Cowboys go 12-4 destroy NFC East...Eagles a distant 2nd. Then Giants...and Redskins might win 1 division game if Jesus personally steps in and carries the team :P

We lost Demarco Murray who is good...but the line is the real star of the Cowboys and I think the RB out of Seattle we just picked up (name slips my mind atm...to lazy to google) is going to end up starting.

Picked up a pass rusher which is what we desperately needing...lost a good DB...but have a good rookie to replace him.

My prediction...Cowboys go deep in playoffs again as long as they stay a heavy running team.

And if you don't like the Cowboys suck it :-P *glares at mrford*

HOW BOUT DEM BOYS!
-BigZ

mrford Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 18:51:38

I have nothing against the cowboys, but I have found most of their fan to be douchebags who know nothing about football.

And you arnt going to win fluff as long as Tony Romo is your QB or your owner keeps sticking his nose into every decision that organisation makes. You need a fluffing general manager. You havnt had one since Jinny Johnson and you have sucked ever since.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Reckless Game profile

Sep 12th 2015, 18:54:51

Eagles will either be a 13-3 team or 8-8. That offense will be hit or miss imo. Division is down to Dallas if they get consistency in the run game

ZDH Game profile

Sep 13th 2015, 19:25:50

Yeah, Romo ranks 2nd behind only Matt Ryan in 4th quarter comeback percentage...I mean it's better then Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Romos passer rating was 113.2 compared to Cam Newtons 82.1 last year.

Romos all time passer rating is 97.6. That's 2nd all time. Behind only Aaron Rodgers.

But, since you "actually" watch football and none of us Dallas fans do. I would figure in your all knowingness of everything you'd know all this stuff ;)

I'd take Romo over Cam Newton 7 days out of the week.
-BigZ

ZDH Game profile

Sep 13th 2015, 19:28:56

And you are right about Jerry Jones i'll give you that.

Everything else you said was stupid as fluff.
-BigZ

BladeEWG Game profile

Sep 13th 2015, 20:26:01

Bears stink and they deserve Cutler

Frybert Game profile

Sep 13th 2015, 20:58:26

Good old cutler

Frybert Game profile

Sep 13th 2015, 22:40:06

Good old #failhawks

Frybert Game profile

Sep 13th 2015, 23:04:44

Good old Winston

mrford Game profile

Sep 13th 2015, 23:17:35

Originally posted by ZDH:
Yeah, Romo ranks 2nd behind only Matt Ryan in 4th quarter comeback percentage...I mean it's better then Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Romos passer rating was 113.2 compared to Cam Newtons 82.1 last year.

Romos all time passer rating is 97.6. That's 2nd all time. Behind only Aaron Rodgers.

But, since you "actually" watch football and none of us Dallas fans do. I would figure in your all knowingness of everything you'd know all this stuff ;)

I'd take Romo over Cam Newton 7 days out of the week.

your desperation reaks when you are comparing romo to cam. they are completely different QBs and i never said one was better than the other.

bottom line is your savior QB chokes in december and january when it really matters. all the stats in the world wont change that. that is why you wont win with him.

jake delhome has one of the best playoff QB ratings of all time. he is not one of the greatest QBs of all time. that is my entire point. stats are losers defenses. people that watch football know why romo will never win.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 13th 2015, 23:20:16
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 13th 2015, 23:22:03

and back on topic without the delusional cowgirl fanboy......

Luke got hurt today, i saw it happen live. my heart skiped a beat. hopefully it is just a simple concussion and he is back soon. he is a future GOAT and even if i wasnt a panthers fan i would hate to see him get fluffed up like that.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ZDH Game profile

Sep 14th 2015, 4:33:02

Jake Delhome one of the greatest all time lmfao stfu.

Add another 4th quarter comeback victory to Romo.

Jake Delhome lmfao...

On another note I had to google him because while I remember his name he really never did fluff. BTW He's 6'2". Same height as RG3. But I thought RG3 was to short to play QB????? I wish I knew you IRL so I could laugh in your face for the Jake Delhome comment lol

-BigZ

Forgotten

Sep 14th 2015, 6:49:28

Prediction : Tom Brady goes 16-0 with deflated balls
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

mrford Game profile

Sep 14th 2015, 10:17:04

Originally posted by ZDH:
Jake Delhome one of the greatest all time lmfao stfu.

Add another 4th quarter comeback victory to Romo.

Jake Delhome lmfao...

On another note I had to google him because while I remember his name he really never did fluff. BTW He's 6'2". Same height as RG3. But I thought RG3 was to short to play QB????? I wish I knew you IRL so I could laugh in your face for the Jake Delhome comment lol

You might want to go back and re-read my post before you go on and keep proving my point about cowboys fans being idiots.

I said Jake had some of the best playoff stats, but he WAS NOT one of the best QBs. Read dude. It isn't hard. It was an analogy discounting your random stats as the only stat that matters is playoff wins and Romo ain't that good in that catagory (he is 2-4 in 10 years. 2 wins, lol) and that isn't even counting week 16 and 17 games he needed to win but choked on as well. This is why you will never win with him. He is a choke artist in the months of december and january. You are making my point too easy. Turn the fanboy off for a second.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 14th 2015, 10:27:50
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ZDH Game profile

Sep 14th 2015, 10:46:18

Ok yeah I re-read you where right I had a pretty good buzz on and was hype AF last night after the game.

I never said Romo was the best QB but I know he is a damn good QB. He's not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning but that's how they used him in Dallas. Last year he didn't choke he was good in the playoffs last year. We where 1 call away from going to play Seattle for the NFC championship game. But previous to last year they had him throwing the ball 40 times a game and not even attempting to run the ball.

If pass rushers and DBs KNOW your passing your going to have a hell of a time especially in bad weather conditions. All those highlights of him "choking" go back and watch the game and watch how 1 dimensional they where...it wasn't all on Romo.
-BigZ

mrford Game profile

Sep 14th 2015, 10:49:51

If you do it for 10 years you can't blame it all on the team though.

Look, romo is a solid QB. But when the lights get bright something happens to him. Has ever since that FG fumble a decade ago. Not a good thing when you play in dallas. Also not a good thing when you want to win a super bowl. Maybe that will change, but until it does I don't see Dallas winning anything with that QB and that owner. You have had the talent for a while.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BladeEWG Game profile

Sep 14th 2015, 12:11:40

Bad day for Luck :(

Kalick Game profile

Sep 14th 2015, 15:25:46

Not enough Titans talk in here. We probably won't make the playoffs this year, but this season could be a big turning point for the franchise. Mariota and the offense looked good yesterday, and I'm looking forward to the next few games in a way that I didn't all of last season. If we draft some defensive studs next season, we could become a scary team really quickly.

Reckless Game profile

Sep 14th 2015, 15:46:27

Titans have pieces all over the place. Could surprise a lot of teams.

mrford Game profile

Sep 14th 2015, 15:52:57

Mariota looked like a boss and his coaches used him and played to his strengths. It was impressive.
Swagger of a Chupacabra