Verified:

llaar Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 12:54:37

New Netters Anonymous Retal Policy (unpacted clans & untagged players)

All single hits on our tag by a single country or made by our tag from a single country on another tag in a 24 hour period are retallable only by the defender.

If any country hits more than once on our tag in 24 hours, or multiple countries in a tag hit the same NA country, then any NA country can retal the attackers according to 1:1 escalating. same goes for any NA country multi hitting on another tag, then any country in that clan can retal according to 1:1 escalating. this does not pertain to multiple countries in NA making single landgrab hits on another tag, or multiple countries in another clan making single landgrab hits on NA.

"land:land" discussions must be handled by FA's if either side wishes to have land:land. any hits above 1:1 escalating, without prior FA approval, will be deemed over retals, and retalled according to 2:1 escalating.

5+ non retal hits on our tag from a country within 72 hours will be met with death
any missiles on our tag will be met with death
any AB/GS/BR attacks on our tag will be met with death
any harmful spy ops on our tag will be met with death
declaring war on any country in our tag will be met with death [edit: declaring war and then grabbing that country]

Likewise, if any NA country does one of the above 5 things on your tag, it can be killed.

All killing/retalling must be done within 72 hours. If the country has not been killed or retalled in 72 hours from the initial hits, then the retal/killing period is forfeited. This time period is extended indefinitely if the country in question enters vacation mode in the 48-72 hour window after their initial attacks.

~llaar
Netters Anonymous President

Edited By: llaar on Oct 4th 2010, 18:44:27
See Original Post

Ivan Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 13:02:21

rofl

jakeb Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 13:02:39

a little confusing, but i think i understand.
i think i like this.
ICQ - 562899104

Ivan Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 13:04:29

I think yer both delusional but thats just me, i do look forward to both NA and neofed enforcing these rules onto everyone else

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 13:24:08

Llaar...you KNOW the first thing I am doing is declaring war on an NA country right? <3
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 13:24:20

^^^ not a joke
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2010, 13:51:46

"declaring war on any country in our tag will be met with death"

dec wars to get spyops for retals?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 4th 2010, 14:03:48

I predict NA vs SoL this set in a battle of whose retal policy is stupider and more convoluted :p

I like the country:country retals, but you lost me on all those reasons your country can be killed :p

cool change either way
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 14:12:39

Originally posted by Pang:
I predict NA vs SoL this set in a battle of whose retal policy is stupider and more convoluted :p

I like the country:country retals, but you lost me on all those reasons your country can be killed :p

cool change either way

I would like to elaborate upon this to say that their war starts at about turn 200 and goes until the end of the set.

Ivan Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 14:14:02

If everyone does 1 hit each on NA they can turn into farmland with a policy like this heh

jakeb Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 14:17:50

that is why i said i like it :D
ICQ - 562899104

llaar Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 18:47:30

Originally posted by Pang:

cool change either way

to make it easier for you: any attack but SS/PS or farming 5+ with SS/PS = death. DOW before attacking = death

Originally posted by enshula:
"declaring war on any country in our tag will be met with death"

dec wars to get spyops for retals?

thanks for pointing that out, i posted an edit that should fix that circumstance.

llaar Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 18:54:57

this policy is aiming for 1:1 country:country retals, and putting in provisions to disallow abuse on either side.

we don't want to abuse anyone, nor do we want to be abused. please take this as an opportunity for to have more fun in the server, not as an opportunity to farm senselessly to cause a war. there is no provision for "alliance X hits us Y times, we kill alliance" as anything of that nature would be for FA's to sort out, and there is no way a distinct war qualification like that would be put into a retal policy by anyone.

this is something that has been talked about quite often as a desired change by people here on the boards, so i think we've designed something that will be that desired change, with as few drawbacks as possible.

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 18:56:42

i like maybe i wont take the set off we might go to war and i wont be bored

Detmer Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:02:24

Originally posted by llaar:

we don't want to abuse anyone, nor do we want to be abused. please take this as an opportunity for to have more fun in the server, not as an opportunity to farm senselessly to cause a war.

Honestly, why would anyone play in NA? You are now the only alliance that has a policy that says if a member can't retal for itself it is fair game for the wolves...? I know you don't want it to be abused but how could it not be? Best case scenario it gets abused and then FA talks stop the abuse.

llaar Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:06:38

Originally posted by Detmer:

we don't want to abuse anyone, nor do we want to be abused. please take this as an opportunity for to have more fun in the server, not as an opportunity to farm senselessly to cause a war.

Honestly, why would anyone play in NA? You are now the only alliance that has a policy that says if a member can't retal for itself it is fair game for the wolves...? I know you don't want it to be abused but how could it not be? Best case scenario it gets abused and then FA talks stop the abuse.

only single landgrabs

more than 1 hit = retals by the whole clan

we will have to work together to ensure small people can retal, be it FA or offensive allies

its a chance to work together more during non-war times, more so than was ever necessary before. working together = teamwork, and makes for getting to know your clan mates better, and a better playing experience overall

thats what we're hoping for.

Acheron Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:09:22

But you could repeat one hit per 24h on that same country until he gets pissed off? Without his team mates being able to take the retal? :P

llaar Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:15:02

if the same country really wants to hit the same guys 1 time, 10 days in a row... i think we could figure out how to solve that ;) that figure is just not set in stone.

obviously trying to abuse and test the boundaries of a clan's policy won't be looked upon positively. it would of course be dealt with accordingly, as all FA matters in this game are.

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:15:32

as llaar pointed out we have many ways to aid said country by FA or allies they should be able to retal. u seem to be acting like its hard to FA a fluff load of cash from like 5 countries

llaar Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:16:04

acheron: also.. as i said... 'we don't want to abuse anyone, nor do we want to be abused'

llaar Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:19:23

Originally posted by LeftyHa8er:
as llaar pointed out we have many ways to aid said country by FA or allies they should be able to retal. u seem to be acting like its hard to FA a fluff load of cash from like 5 countries

totally correct, and in case none of you thought of it... in 72 hours it is technically possible to receive up to a max of 48 FA packages.

Acheron Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:20:19

Llaar: But wouldn't that be inside your policy's boundary? Thus acceptable and not considered abuse? :)

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:21:46

hell we could fa 5 countries with the whole clan then have them FA the guy who got hit its not hard just think about ffa for a bit and u get it

llaar Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:30:56

Originally posted by Acheron:
Llaar: But wouldn't that be inside your policy's boundary? Thus acceptable and not considered abuse? :)

i can quote myself again: "obviously trying to abuse and test the boundaries of a clan's policy won't be looked upon positively."

it is no different, according to your policy, than a country hitting your tag every 2 days, all reset long. which i'm sure you guys would do something about if someone did that to you, no?

Detmer Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:34:39

Originally posted by Acheron:

i can quote myself again: "obviously trying to abuse and test the boundaries of a clan's policy won't be looked upon positively."

it is no different, according to your policy, than a country hitting your tag every 2 days, all reset long. which i'm sure you guys would do something about if someone did that to you, no?

If we were getting massive acreage returns on the retal, probably not. If it was hurting us, I am sure we could figure out a way to make it hurt them more than us. If not well, FA talks are there for asking things to stop when the boundaries have been pushed. I would certainly expect you to take drastic measures if FA talks could not stop someone from repeatedly abusing the boundaries of your policy.

llaar Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 19:47:04

^^ theres my answer to you too acheron :)

ponderer Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 20:00:17

since this only applies to unpacted/untagged countries, then this policy doesn't really make much of a difference ... unless pacts are not as prevelent as they used to be.
m0m0rific

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 20:01:04

i do think we have droped a few

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2010, 20:20:55

i got bored halfway along the third line - llaar must be a lawyer ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 23:59:37

I approve of this policy, and voted yes on it, but I am preparing for headaches.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Oct 19th 2010, 4:35:09

This needs topping.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

llaar Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 16:21:15

Originally posted by ponderer:
since this only applies to unpacted/untagged countries, then this policy doesn't really make much of a difference ... unless pacts are not as prevelent as they used to be.

this is why it needed to be annouced here though

pacted clans have different terms, and those are settled in private

Soviet Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 2:26:56

llaar if you really feel good about this policy then by all means, abide by it, but don't expect iMag to.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Thomas Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 4:33:47

Soviet --

If you hit any clan and have knowledge of their retal policy, you can't use it against that clan. Unless you're purposely trying to stir something.

If they LG'd you and you retalled but they didn't accept your retal because of their policy, that would be a different story.

Not sure what you were trying to say there.

locket Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 6:46:08

People are going to try to be pushy and likely someone will outnumber NA this set and try to pound them proving nothing once again.

Soviet Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 14:52:41

Thomas: NA is on the offensive and sending us this.

"Hi there! Sorry about the landgrab, just trying to expand my borders :)

NA is testing out a new country:country retal policy on single landgrabs, such that you are the only country that can retal, not your clan. (more than 1 hit would be retallable by anyone in the clan) This is to hopefully encourage more grabbing in the server. I hope you decide to try to take the retal yourself, as I'm sure you can retal me within 72 hours :)"

Sorry NA, but iMag already has it's retal policy in place for clans like you. And I'd also like you to stop doing RoRs on #145.

BTW NA & others, there is a reason this thread is titled "New Netters Anonymous Retal Policy" instead of "Everyone that isn't pacted to Netters Anonymous Retal Policy".
Imaginary Numbers

crazyserb Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 14:55:50

good point soviet...

Soviet Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 15:09:35

I make sense sometimes.
Imaginary Numbers

Marshal Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 19:44:11

encourage grabbing yes but also might encourage ppls to leave server/game.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Oct 21st 2010, 2:42:54

Marshal, that can't be given as a reason to do/not do everything under the sun.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

crazyserb Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 4:08:30

the only way i can see this is not fair is towards NA...really no one is obligated to follow their policy when it comes to NA grabbing them right?

but they have to follow it so they made it...so i can bottom feed NA every 24 hrs?????

Oct 21st 2010, 4:33:00

I wouldn't recommend it.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Thunder Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 5:23:35

Soviet..are you going to take the same old Soviet topfeeds NA countries and then sits in the NA chat room only to finish...top 300 again as always?
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 21st 2010, 6:11:14

Maybe he will, and maybe he won't

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

nimrodix Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 6:42:23

So elyz can kill 338 and thats no problem right

Soviet Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 13:56:10

Originally posted by Thunder:
Soviet..are you going to take the same old Soviet topfeeds NA countries and then sits in the NA chat room only to finish...top 300 again as always?

Umm I think I finished 650th last set. Maybe you're talking about the Soviet that was/is in NA?
Imaginary Numbers

Marshal Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 20:18:29

Originally posted by nimrodix:
So elyz can kill 338 and thats no problem right

not at all like wasn't laf's 5 tap.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....