Verified:

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 3:48:03

Originally posted by TAN:
Vic, you aren't a very good FA. Just admit it. You're probably the worst FA NA has had. I will admit I never got along with Bug and I heavily criticized his ability to do FA. Ask Ford about this to confirm. But I have to give credit where credit is due. Bug was a much better FA than you.

Other NA FAs, including me while I was there, were at least a bit accommodating. You in contrast are a tight ass that doesn't know how to speak diplomatically.

Yeah I've been a fluff before - especially to LaF - but you always huff and puff and end up making the wrong decision time and time again.

You can still be tough, get what you want and not plunge your alliance into war, but you don't seem able to do that. It's your JOB to keep your alliance out of war, not act macho and run a KR when you damn well know it'll end up as war.

You should have protected your netting set by accommodating iMag, not antagonizing them.

I typed all this from my damn phone which is a pain in the ass so you know this is the truth.

Did you miss the part where I DID NOT AUTH THE KILLS? I had nothing to do with the kills. iMag has a consistent pattern of doing this, and I am not going to encourage it.

Pang - I have never really had an issue with you man. We didn't see eye to eye on an issue we were having before I was even a for real FA, but you guys were two stepping us and what alliance wouldn't be pissed about that? Other than that we've gotten along pretty well.

What should I have been "making right?" iMag had hit us over a 72 hour period something like 10 times at the time Soviet was asking me for reps. Right, I should give him reps with ZERO concessions on his part about all the hits? Bullfluff, you gotta give to get. Reps to him would have been more capital to use to grab us. I pointed that out to him while we were talking, he ignored it. I said I would rather spend turns helping kill than pay reps, he ignored it. He was hung up on asking me for $1B in reps, he wasn't getting it, period.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 3:49:09

Also, the ridiculous policy iMag enforces is "we retal until we're satisfied." I have the logs of you telling me that.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

OrigOzzyB

Jan 24th 2011, 3:57:28

Policy towards other clans:
Blah blah blah blah blah. You hit us, we hit you back till we're satisfied.
Thank you.

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 4:11:33

Originally posted by Vic Rattlehead:
Also, the ridiculous policy iMag enforces is "we retal until we're satisfied." I have the logs of you telling me that.

Vic, you don't need logs. No one in iMagNum will deny that policy, it's on the public page after all.

But, the truth is that it's rarely enforced. For the most part, iMagNum deals in standard retals. Just about the only time it doesn't is when someone has decided to try and push them around in recent history.

The fact is that in this instance, iMagNum was dealing with you fairly. They were enforcing standard retals. You could have accepted that and moved on. Instead, you decided to try and play hard-ball with them. That qualifies as trying to "push them around"... for the next little while, I suspect you will not get standard retals.

Seriously dude, I know you felt like you were getting the worse side of the deal -- but when iMagNum is dealing with you fairly, why rock the boat? Accept that they're in a better LGing position and finish off your netting reset. Otherwise, you'll never get to net.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 24th 2011, 4:16:35

Vic:
it's not specific issues you and I were involved in, it's the way which NA dealt with late-set grabbing and stuff back in EC. This was generally done with the mostly unavailable llaar.

reps were unpaid, land reps went unpaid, late or only authed on high defend countries early in the set (during carry-over issues, which often happened back then). It was like pulling teeth to get anything reasonable. I can see how issues blow up fast with that kind of attitude, if it is still pushed in NA :p

my point was that I can see how things can escalate to the point of war with NA, based on past interactions I'm aware of. This is exacerbated if the FA's from the other clan are impatient. imag is obviously impatient and on a hair trigger to war/push issues. :p

on that same token, I have no clue why imag continues to let Soviet lead them. Even Foog quit :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 4:18:28

I think
iMag has gotten to political!
I liked it better when they didn't need to give a excuse to do these things.
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 24th 2011, 4:27:42

IMO, imag's actions were always political, they just veiled it behind the guise of randomness :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 4:31:15

I don't know anyone that dealt with me as a NA FA that didn't get a fair deal

you were just talking to the wrong people. Or had the wrong attitude.

I was also more than fair with reps to imag in the past. Imag was like a little kid though. They would topfeed tomeone like a mofo then get pissed when they got suicided on and cry for reps. I generally gave them reps, but soviet would make fluff up mid payment and try to double the ammount owed or fluff that 1.7bill in reps wernt being paid fast enough when I was already personally paying 200mill a day.

soviet is just a big baby is the vibe I got when doing FA work with him.

Also, I generally always ran a rep country and was taking retals and paying out cash or land for like 3 years straight. So as I said, you most def didn't come to me if you had problems with getting reps out of NA

but that's the past
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Soviet Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 4:32:37

Originally posted by Pang:

on that same token, I have no clue why imag continues to let Soviet lead them. Even Foog quit :p

When my iMagger's aren't happy with the way I lead/where I lead them, then I'll happily step down.

Till then, you're stuck with me fluffes!
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Jan 24th 2011, 4:37:41

but they do make this game fun.
this game needs more random acts of violence!
but what do i know?

warlorde Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 5:31:56

yes this server need more random acts.... but it also needs less cowardly acts. bottom line iMag is butt hurt from the war with SoL and figured there was no point in netting. then they picked on a netting alliance that lost 65% of its members base since the start of EE.

thats not random

iNouda Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 5:35:01

Originally posted by Soviet:

When my iMagger's aren't happy with the way I lead/where I lead them, then I'll happily step down.

Xenomorph for Prez! *starts a coup to overthrow soviet*

iNouda Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 5:41:47

Originally posted by warlorde:
yes this server need more random acts.... but it also needs less cowardly acts. bottom line iMag is butt hurt from the war with SoL and figured there was no point in netting. then they picked on a netting alliance that lost 65% of its members base since the start of EE.

thats not random

LOLWut, iMag and netting shouldn't mentioned in the same sentence. When has netting ever been our goal?

*Cough* You tried to kill our countries out of the blue after your FA denied reps and then cried on the forums when our counter attack took out a huge chunk of your total countries. Hows that for cowardly?

warlorde Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 5:48:32

im not in NA

im just saying its a cowardly act not a random one.

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 5:59:38

You're not in NA warlorde... you also don't seem to know very much about this game.

To say that iMagNum "figured there was no point in netting" because its "butt hurt from the war with SoL" is a statement that reveals your ignorance and not a lot else.

How can you possibly have been playing this game for long enough to know that NA has dropped that much membership, but still think that iMagNum might choose to net?

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Jan 24th 2011, 6:01:07

thats not random

there is no point to Netting! (especially if your in iMag
damn tree hugger!

Edited By: SakitSaPuwit on Jan 24th 2011, 6:04:14
See Original Post
but what do i know?

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 9:42:56

Originally posted by Vic Rattlehead:
TAN, I have to point out again, only you and iMag have a hard time with me. I get along great with everyone else.

But, i'm in iMag and i like you :-)

and

HOLY CRAP... SUMMARIZE YOUR POSTS!!!!!!!

if it has more then 3 paragraphs, Post it in dot point! or show bewbies!
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

iTavi

Jan 24th 2011, 10:02:33

pang, i wrote in my post "maybe soviet has a bad way of expressing himself."

that was to explain the "joke" of driving away from the game as the clan :P

as long as for political incidents, what i said still remains true: they deserve this. You couldn't reach NA's nose with a 10 feet pole when we had a problem. and no, i haven't done much FA with ford, maybe it would have been better. but i barely got llaar available, the talks with bug lasted a week, and rattlehead is just ... wrong. lol
~

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 24th 2011, 12:07:02

hrmmm fluffies.....IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO fluffFYYYY!!!!!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 24th 2011, 13:22:30

Originally posted by iTavi:
pang, i wrote in my post "maybe soviet has a bad way of expressing himself."

that was to explain the "joke" of driving away from the game as the clan :P

as long as for political incidents, what i said still remains true: they deserve this. You couldn't reach NA's nose with a 10 feet pole when we had a problem. and no, i haven't done much FA with ford, maybe it would have been better. but i barely got llaar available, the talks with bug lasted a week, and rattlehead is just ... wrong. lol

ya, i agreed with you tavi -- as a one-set war, I can definitely understand that the NA style of FA (other than Vic's, so he claims) has always been pretty crappy. if they tried the crap they used to do to netters on fighters, I don't doubt they would go to war over it or ratchet things up to the n'th degree quickly :p

i'd be interested in finding out what actually happened with the issues.... maybe I'll have a look at the news on the train :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

ibujke Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 13:25:04

Unrelated to this issue, why is anyone expected not to repeat the war next set if the reasons for the first war are still valid?

If the war doesnt resolve the issue that started it, why is it expected that those same issues wont start another war next set?

Edited By: ibujke on Jan 24th 2011, 14:33:42
See Original Post

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 24th 2011, 13:34:20

I could go into a long story about it bujke, using your country as an example...but I may receive a ban, and seeing as I am delirious anyways....
nevermind.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

ibujke Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 13:47:42

I think everyone on AT will agree that we want to hear the long story.

Ron Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 14:20:49

sometimes i look at all these FA cases,
i realize, my RL job is actually not that bad... phew..

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 24th 2011, 16:19:13

wait, galleri is an imag afa now???

this couldn't have been resolved using her charms? if it wasn't attempted -> all blame goes to imag for not trying! :p

Edited By: Pang on Jan 24th 2011, 16:50:49
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Galandy Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 16:24:05

I should be FA again. I think i started more fluff then i resolved those few sets for iMag.

Good times
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....
<Galandy>move to canada ZEN everyone else does
<[FBI]ZEN> And breed with a Quebecian
<[FBI]ZEN> To make the ultimate snob/migrant worker

Soviet Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 18:08:09

thats not random

So 34 member iMag FSing 70 member SOL is cowardly? If anything, things like this need to go on more often, to keep clans like SOL on their toes and not always pulling the strings. As for being butthurt, #1 stop stealing my word, #2 iMag did what we planned to do, which was catch SOL off guard and screw their countries for the set (and their late set war). Mission Accomplished. Oh, and netting sucks.

As for NA, losing 65% of the membership since the start of EE should say more about their internal problems (and im not talking about the 1k inactive members list they always cry about) than what iMag is doing. So no, it's not random, it's probably just been a long time coming.
Imaginary Numbers

locket Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 19:24:42

so you decide to speed it up? You are an idiot. Honestly I dont think anyone not in imAg would actually miss you guys if you left.

Soviet Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 19:33:55

You saying that means as much to me as me saying "No one would miss you if you all the sudden stopped posting" to you.
Imaginary Numbers

locket Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 19:38:52

Yous would be a lie though :) You should really edit your sentence to fix your mistakes though ;)

Also, I know it means nothing to you because you like to mess around with other peoples game experience and feel big about your lawl's and rofl's you get and how awesome you are :) Awesome being used sarcastically.

Thomas Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 19:53:35

Vic -- I have a non-war related proposal for you that llaar will almost certainly reject because that's just how he is. But I figured I would run it by you anyways.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 24th 2011, 19:55:25

all your fluff are belong to fluff

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 19:58:15

iMag = sheep huggers.
NA = sheep.

all sheep deserve da huggs.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

WeeZy Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 20:03:08

I know I would be missed, thats for sure

Rockman Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 20:08:00

thats not random

So 34 member iMag FSing 70 member SOL is cowardly? If anything, things like this need to go on more often, to keep clans like SOL on their toes and not always pulling the strings. As for being butthurt, #1 stop stealing my word, #2 iMag did what we planned to do, which was catch SOL off guard and screw their countries for the set (and their late set war). Mission Accomplished. Oh, and netting sucks.

As for NA, losing 65% of the membership since the start of EE should say more about their internal problems (and im not talking about the 1k inactive members list they always cry about) than what iMag is doing. So no, it's not random, it's probably just been a long time coming.

You picked a fight with an alliance when you had no intention of winning that war, your only goal was to screw them over as much as possible.

Are you saying that the lack of a survival instinct makes one courageous? There's nothing courageous about picking a fight that you intend to lose.

iXenomorph Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 20:15:24

Originally posted by Rockman:

thats not random

You picked a fight with an alliance when you had no intention of winning that war, your only goal was to screw them over as much as possible.

Are you saying that the lack of a survival instinct makes one courageous? There's nothing courageous about picking a fight that you intend to lose.

That's like saying raping King Leonidas in his sleep with a big black dildo knowing he can SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you is not courageous.

YOU DAMN WELL KNOW IT TAKES BALLS TO DO THAT! fluff!
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Thomas Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 20:20:33

If they felt they had just cause to war SoL, then why shouldn't they? It's better than being fluffes and taking their beatings because they're smaller than them. If they set out to hit SoL just to ruin any chances they had at a good war, or did the same to a netting alliance so that the alliance couldn't net, that would be a different story. It all really comes down to the true reason that they hit SoL.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 20:22:42

Originally posted by iXenomorph:

thats not random

That's like saying raping King Leonidas in his sleep with a big black dildo knowing he can SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you is not courageous.

well, see, the problem is, is that you had to strap on a big black dildo to do it, so it probably means that your balls weren't that too dang big to begin with.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 20:22:44

Originally posted by iXenomorph:

thats not random

No it doesn't. It doesn't take any courage to get killed over and over in this game.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 20:23:35

Originally posted by Thomas:

If they felt they had just cause to war SoL, then why shouldn't they? It's better than being fluffes and taking their beatings because they're smaller than them. If they set out to hit SoL just to ruin any chances they had at a good war, or did the same to a netting alliance so that the alliance couldn't net, that would be a different story. It all really comes down to the true reason that they hit SoL.

Their reasons may or may not have been valid, but they were not courageous in choosing to fight a fight they knew they would lose.

Soviet Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 20:46:43

Who said we lost? I think we won that battle.
Imaginary Numbers

Thomas Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 21:03:53

Their reasons may or may not have been valid, but they were not courageous in choosing to fight a fight they knew they would lose.

I disagree. If their reasons for war were valid then it was courageous. Instead of being chicken fluffs and letting them bully them, they warred them knowing they wouldn't "win" the war.

You'd rather they avoided war because the odds were stacked against them? I don't really understand that line of reasoning. You shouldn't war someone unless you're absolutely certain you can win?

If they had a real reason to war and decided not to because they thought they would lose, then they're cowards and would be treated as such. Either way, according to you, there wasn't anything they could do. They're not courageous for warring when they know they couldn't win. Cowards for not warring despite the odds.

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 21:08:01

That seems a little idealistic to me, Thomas.

Fighting a fight just because you can is foolish, not brave. It's much better to pick your battles, and take your lumps when you have to in the name of winning the war, imo.

ibujke Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 21:13:07

NOW3P, if you arent trolling stop ignoring me on IRC and I`ll tell you all about it. If you are trolling... begone :P

iTavi

Jan 24th 2011, 21:14:07

Pang, we keep galleri only for our personal use :)
~

Rockman Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 21:15:35

I disagree. If their reasons for war were valid then it was courageous. Instead of being chicken fluffs and letting them bully them, they warred them knowing they wouldn't "win" the war.

You'd rather they avoided war because the odds were stacked against them? I don't really understand that line of reasoning. You shouldn't war someone unless you're absolutely certain you can win?

If they had a real reason to war and decided not to because they thought they would lose, then they're cowards and would be treated as such. Either way, according to you, there wasn't anything they could do. They're not courageous for warring when they know they couldn't win. Cowards for not warring despite the odds.

They are only courageous if they had something to lose. They put nothing at risk. They had nothing to lose. They did not lose the opportunity to be the pests they take pride in being, they did not suffer harm to their reputation, and they did not suffer from decreased enjoyment of Earth Empires since they have made it so clear that they do not mind getting beaten in war. If you claim they are courageous, what exactly were they putting at risk?

They probably did the right thing by going to war, but doing the right thing doesn't always take courage. Fighting a war you know you'll lose, when the consequences of losing are meaningless, does not make one courageous.

The flaw in your reasoning is that you assume that everyone is either courageous or cowards. Imag is neither one.

If being willing to fight a fight that you'll lose, and being willing to be killed over and over makes one courageous, then I'm one of the most courageous players this set. And I assure you, that is not the case.

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 21:22:17

Sorry bujke - you probably msg'ed my laptop instead of my PC. I'm in EE room now. I'd never ignore you! <3

and no galli, I'm not mad - I'm not even playing in NA this set.

Edited By: NOW3P on Jan 25th 2011, 6:10:22
See Original Post

Soviet Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 21:34:35

They are only courageous if they had something to lose. They put nothing at risk. They had nothing to lose. They did not lose the opportunity to be the pests they take pride in being, they did not suffer harm to their reputation, and they did not suffer from decreased enjoyment of Earth Empires since they have made it so clear that they do not mind getting beaten in war. If you claim they are courageous, what exactly were they putting at risk?

They probably did the right thing by going to war, but doing the right thing doesn't always take courage. Fighting a war you know you'll lose, when the consequences of losing are meaningless, does not make one courageous.

The flaw in your reasoning is that you assume that everyone is either courageous or cowards. Imag is neither one.

If being willing to fight a fight that you'll lose, and being willing to be killed over and over makes one courageous, then I'm one of the most courageous players this set. And I assure you, that is not the case.

You're right. We have nothing to lose, only to gain. That makes my job easier, because we don't take fluff from anyone, even SOL. I think we proved that, thus our victory over SOL.

BTW Rockman, here's SOLs DoW on iMag at the end of last set that had no apparent reason other than being total fluffs.
http://forums.earthempires.com/...ns-of-liberty-declare-war
Imaginary Numbers

Helmet Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 21:39:46

I guess you can claim a moral victory against Sol. It's only fair. lol

WH Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 0:53:06

yes galleri is for our own benefit and no one else's. truth be known NA wanted her and we had to defend her honor. thats why this all happened! thats the truth!