Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 28th 2011, 3:00:45

We've always just followed PDM's retal policy and it seemed to work for us....
Finally did the signature thing.

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:02:09

i know a few newer players who did SS.

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:02:17

lol i like this new LaF. they're considerably more humorous.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:02:58

Id like to bring up this point again.

Originally posted by hanlong:
wof didn't even mind those hits and retaled the proper way.

WoF is new to Alliance, most of our members are from FFA Killer clans, and we had no problem doing whatever retals needed doing.

Meanwhile some major alliances are getting farmed, don't retal, and complain instead? I mean their first reflex would be to farm more, cause that just screams easy target.

Funny how the set started out with PDM farming WoF :P
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:07:48

i will say this..

it is great to see laf/pdm duking it out ingame with some land based warfare exchanges instead of the institutionalised method of warcahts etc.

what the game is about!!!

Detmer Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:11:06

Yeah, LaF is really the only alliance who has irresolvable issues with us. In the past things were much more mutual... this round things are LaF... the only thing PDM did wrong was thinking we were friendly with LaF and not expecting this...

Medic Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:11:24

I think it's time for PDM to get knocked back down to their rightful position from before they thought they could enforce policy...
Patty loves a big dict

hanlong Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:24:42

Originally posted by Kill4Free:
Id like to bring up this point again.

wof didn't even mind those hits and retaled the proper way.

WoF is new to Alliance, most of our members are from FFA Killer clans, and we had no problem doing whatever retals needed doing.

Meanwhile some major alliances are getting farmed, don't retal, and complain instead? I mean their first reflex would be to farm more, cause that just screams easy target.

Funny how the set started out with PDM farming WoF :P

yes, i gained a lot of respect for WoF this reset =) i know you guys will be successful in the alliance server from what i see so far.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:25:29

Originally posted by snawdog:
Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
he had more land, that is a topfeed

??seriously???

uh yes seriously...

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:28:31

Originally posted by Detmer:
Yeah, LaF is really the only alliance who has irresolvable issues with us. In the past things were much more mutual... this round things are LaF... the only thing PDM did wrong was thinking we were friendly with LaF and not expecting this...

nuke retal any of sof, sol, evo, lcn, omega, collab, rd, icn, imag, monsters, na or wof, and see if they think if you've done something wrong.

and yes i did just name every alliance in the game.

Drow Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:40:18

SS: tht's because things never get that far with ANY clan but LaF.
Tarnava: I would see your point as being more valid if it was say for argument's sake a 3k acre country running a commy and so having a massive NW through military Planned Striking a 20k acre country with bugger all military and thus a similar NW for massive returns. not somewhere where the land areas are remotely more similar. or do LaF only believe in bottom feeding piddlinmg little countries that can't retal?
when the land areas are fairly close I would say it's not unreasonable to grab someone with slightly more land or slightly less as being in the nature and spirit of the game. I made a single SS on a country that was close to my NW and a little larger. that's not topfeeding and you are a moron if you consider it to be.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

locket Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:40:58

The thing PDM did wrong was not even trying to talk to laf. Smarten up.

madjsp Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:42:47

LaF, what's your tag password? I wanna get in on this!
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Detmer Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 3:44:10

Originally posted by locket:
The thing PDM did wrong was not even trying to talk to laf. Smarten up.

As has been posted 100 times... we contacted LaF. hanlong took so long to get back to us we eventually just had to move on

hanlong Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 4:07:51

heh well i was busy talking to like 6 alliances at once during that time.

you guys were the most impatient ones, topfeeding LaF while the whole thing was going on.

i can grab the news but it was like less than 6 hours before your guys started to topfeed us. and less than 24 hours before we got nuked. i hardly call that "so long to get back to us"

you can't reasonably expect me to react that fast =) i think my response time to PDM was about the same to WoF/ICN/Sanct/etc. and they had the courtesy to wait for my response before deciding whether they should nuke us (and they didn't).

because like i said, we talked and worked out a nice deal for all ;)

Edited By: hanlong on Feb 28th 2011, 4:10:10
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 4:58:20

Wow this goes on for quite a long time

En4cer85

Feb 28th 2011, 5:46:05

sure does... PDM should just self delete now :P

flameo

Feb 28th 2011, 6:04:27

like i said, i'm compiling all the harmful spy ops PDM has done to us this reset and all the nukes and "dec war", all you've claimed to be retals.

let's take some examples:
Feb 23, 2011 4:45 PM
9 hours ago
Spies infiltrated your research labs and stole 2985 points of technology!

9 hours ago
Spies infiltrated your research labs and stole 3028 points of technology!

9 hours ago
Spies infiltrated your research labs and stole 3066 points of technology!

9 hours ago
Spies infiltrated your research labs and stole 3075 points of technology!

9 hours ago
Spies infiltrated your research labs and stole 3082 points of technology!

----

Feb 23, 2011 6:49 PM
11 hours ago
Spies infiltrated your research labs and stole 1800 points of technology!

11 hours ago
Spies infiltrated your research labs and stole 1805 points of technology!

11 hours ago
Spies infiltrated your research labs and stole 1810 points of technology!

---

plus the 200+ GSes on #36 which i already told you is RoR since it was from harmful spy ops.

Perhaps Include country name on those harmful spy ops, so that we know which noob actually retalling with spy ops.

As for 36, Checked the news on that country. 6 hits on 594 within 24 hours (with another set of 5 hits within 24 hours in 2 days). I think that is an acceptable reasoning to kill it.

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 6:05:25

is a flameo like a flaming oreo?
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Drow Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 7:32:03

6 were retals flameo, as per laf's retal policy of 6:3 retals. The other hits were what we felt pushed the line far enough to kill it.
I have to ask whether LaF are going to whine to PDM to kill me when I "topfeed" as many members of their clan as I possibly can in a day's turns...

Drow Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 7:33:14

and I think it's fair to claim the spy ops are fake until LaF gives us a bounced op with the offending country number, rather than just blaming it on PDM with no proof.

flameo

Feb 28th 2011, 7:47:48

So 594 hit 3 LaF countries within 24 hours, then 6 retals were performed (2 by 519, 3 by 443, 1 by 36), then 36 got a bit overexcited and pressed the button 5 more? Plus, the other LaF members got excited too from watching and hit another 20 times?

Drow Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 8:03:28

you expect logic of any form from LaF where PDM is concerned?
Laf is PDM's new ix.
Funny really when you go back to the slit wars, and pdm were the first to accept LaF pacting out after they got methodically reamed by every single non slit clan. 20/20 hindsight, should have farmed and hit them nonstop.

hanlong Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 9:29:55

Drow: you can obtain proof without any bounced ops by matching the nw changes.

if you stole 10 tech from me, and i lost 10 tech worth of nw and you gained that, and with multiple ops you repeatedly did that, you are that guy ;P

and i'm collecting the evidence right now, be patient young one ;)

and why would any one else do harmful spy ops in mass on LaF countries.. gee whiz.. but of course there would be concrete proof, it just takes some time so relax =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

flameo

Feb 28th 2011, 9:47:12

looking forward to the compiled proofs.

But you still haven't justified those 30+ retals on 594?

Drow Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 9:57:04

yeah evidence so we can sort it would be nice. OR sending a message to one of our leadership types with a list of the confirmed offending countries.

Erian Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 10:06:29

Damn, I missed all the retal taking. And now all of PDM is in DR. Damn LaFfers farm too much... ;)

Ivan Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 10:30:07

by the looks of it i would have killed 36 too and i wouldnt need to talk to anyone

but thats just from what i can tell of the news

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 13:40:22

we'll wait for hanlong's evidence, even though it won't change anything now. if PDM was doing harmful ops on the scale they claim, i'd certainly be humbled and take appropriate internal action.

though as myself and others have pointed out, the harmful ops do not explain laf's gratuitous farming on 594 (i'm certain he didn't do any harmful ops). the kill on 36 was entirely justified. laf continues the laf game.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 14:23:29

=/
Purposeful1

Detmer Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 15:44:36

Originally posted by Ivan:

by the looks of it i would have killed 36 too and i wouldnt need to talk to anyone

but thats just from what i can tell of the news

The news tells the whole story. LaF is so unbelievably in the wrong here it is absurd. Or more realistically, LaF has every right to attempt to abuse other alliances through farming tactics to gain an advantage, however then they should try to spin so hard.

hanlong Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 18:24:39

you should relax detmer =)

you do realize that both PDM and LaF have increased in total acreage since this began.

ghost acres for all!
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia