Verified:

Silent Sentinel Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 12:06:38

I remember you guys being the nerdy ginger kids who involuntarily wet your pants when the big boys would slap your lunch from your hands. Now you have the most members and you beat on someone far smaller than yourselves, and after it's clear they're beat you keep going, screaming in a shrill voice "daddy, I didn't mean to spill your 40, please don't make me taste the snake again!"

I hope the Taiwanese parliament kicks your ass next set.

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 12:21:33

Originally posted by Silent Sentinel:
I remember you guys being the nerdy ginger kids who involuntarily wet your pants when the big boys would slap your lunch from your hands. Now you have the most members and you beat on someone far smaller than yourselves, and after it's clear they're beat you keep going, screaming in a shrill voice "daddy, I didn't mean to spill your 40, please don't make me taste the snake again!"

I hope the Taiwanese parliament kicks your ass next set.

LaF doesn't have a daddy anymore, remember?

And besides, no one's going to take on LaF because of their method of politics, even if that method is detrimental to the survival of this server. Nobody who matters cares what happens to this server, because everyone is only looking out for themselves, and that's unlikely to change in the near future.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Sir Balin Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 13:40:27

Originally posted by NukEvil:
And besides, no one's going to take on LaF because of their method of politics, even if that method is detrimental to the survival of this server. Nobody who matters cares what happens to this server, because everyone is only looking out for themselves, and that's unlikely to change in the near future.

I don't have anything to add to this but wanted to post it again.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2010, 15:14:01

does ragenely even want to stop and do something else?

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 15:23:22

lol so many whiny fluffes on this thread. Go LaF!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2010, 15:27:59

mmm

1) Rage got into a land war with us and didn't return our FR's messages, we assumed they were prepping to hit us so we pre-empted. They cried.

2) LaF got smacked around? What? In LaF's history, they've been cited by numerous pundits as being horrible fighters... yet, when I look back, I just see military victory after military victory -- be it ALC, MD, Rival, IX, SoL, Rage & co.... LaF's still thriving, most of those other alliances folded. Since LaF moved to EC, they've been a fighting force who have fought and won large scale wars and unconventional wars. For instance, the SLIT wars -- the first SLIT was won by LaF when Rage and ZT hit LaF while we were netting that first half set we were on EC. Rival declared eternal war on LaF -- we beat them in a tag, then beat them in the guerrilla warfare that ensued -- winning a double crown 2 sets after they said we would never net again. Offensive wars against Evolution and PDM completely obliterated both alliances, PDM came back for more and was again pounded into the ground. Imag hit us expecting to at least make a showing, and they were completely owned in a week. This set, there were legitimate issues with Rage and Rage was efficiently put down. I'm guessing this is why you're mad, Silent Sentinel.

I think the main thing to take away here is that LaF isn't doing anything out of the ordinary here -- we create a fun and enjoyable environment for our members and our leaders put our members and our allies' interests first. It's unfortunate that Rage isn't on that list, but when you go pactless and don't do FR work when issues are mounting, that's what happens.

Also, Balin, PDM isn't one to talk about politics....

As far as the server goes -> I'm not happy with the politics of this server either, but that's not just a LaF thing. It's something that is happening across the board.

I guess the best way to put it is this -- why do people think that LaF has to adapt our policies to make the rest of the server happy? The problem isn't just LaF, it's a problem that exists with every alliance on this server and to continually blame LaF for the server's problems is just trying to scapegoat what is a MUCH larger problem.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

ZIP Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 15:32:17

i think you are wrong NukeEvil on one (1) small point - there are people out there who do care and it is likely to change in the near future, ok 2

side note-
there will always be someone in power shaping, molding the game to their playing style till enough people say wait, no I will not agree to your rules and try to enforce their own rules.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2010, 15:38:13

Originally posted by ZIP:

i think you are wrong NukeEvil on one (1) small point - there are people out there who do care and it is likely to change in the near future, ok 2

side note-
there will always be someone in power shaping, molding the game to their playing style till enough people say wait, no I will not agree to your rules and try to enforce their own rules.

that's what always happened in the past.... push a new policy, you may need to fight to keep it going.
it happened over Land:Land, Alliance:country retals and going unpacted....

I'm gonna go tell everyone back in LaF to get their brooms... because I'm declaring SHENANIGANS!!!
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

ZIP Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 15:39:18

I am in RAGE/ELY and i can say that we did talk about a cf a week ago or more, but our side decided it best to continue the set as is. no one here is fluffing and we will scratch and claw till the end of set and then talk things out for next set when the time comes.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2010, 15:41:42

that's fine Zip -- I know I don't think poorly of Rage or anything.

I think this was just an escalation of issues to the point where it came to blows. That's an important part of the game, and something we haven't seen on this server in a LONG time. When people cite LaF for "ruining the server" I need to just shake my head, because we're one of the few alliances left that honor pacts, stand up for allies and for what we believe in.

I think most people in LaF feel the same way I do. This isn't 2006 anymore :p

Edited By: Pangaea on Jul 9th 2010, 15:49:23
See Original Post
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 16:48:26

Originally posted by ZIP:

side note-

Oh, sure, there are people who care all over the server. However, the main prerequisite of my post was that the people who cared, mattered. As in, do the people that care actually stand a good chance of changing the way things are on this server? If they think what LaF is doing is so wrong, do they have a hope of changing that?

I seriously doubt it. Because every other alliance has the same problem.

And what Pang said.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Hafgan Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 20:53:01

I have one thing to say: Tag limits.

Trife Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 21:24:59

Hafgan, then you'll just have what's going on in team server...

HAN1, HAN2, HAN3, ect

Hafgan Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 22:10:02

Originally posted by Trife:
Hafgan, then you'll just have what's going on in team server...

HAN1, HAN2, HAN3, ect

Tag limits strictly enforced by the game moderators would ensure that none of that nonsense would occur.

In a server this size, a 40 member limit per tag would increase competition considerably and put an end to the domination of super-alliances.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2010, 22:25:57

that may be a cool server... like a sports league.... :p

but this server isn't meant to be that kind of server.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2010, 22:27:03

Tag limits mean you trade one set of problems for another.

spawn Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 22:37:48

Originally posted by Pangaea:
mmm

I guess the best way to put it is this -- why do people think that LaF has to adapt our policies to make the rest of the server happy? The problem isn't just LaF, it's a problem that exists with every alliance on this server and to continually blame LaF for the server's problems is just trying to scapegoat what is a MUCH larger problem.

hey Pang, plz leave The Fist out of "it", we dont allow multiple hits at all, so we're not part of the problem ;)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

A-Rod Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 23:09:52

i'd certainly be interested in a server exploring tag limits. g=) alliance is fun, but it would be wicked cool to see what happens when everyone caps at 40.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 23:41:12

There is a server with tag limits. It is called team.

Teams will collude and have multiple tags to include as many members as they want. Alliances collude together in a way similar to having multiple tags by pacting and working together. There is no way that even mods can enforce a lack of collusion.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 9th 2010, 23:53:52

I can't recall LaF ever acting the way Silent Sentinel is describing, but he can think what he likes.

As for continuing to hit Rage. They approached us about a ceasefire and after I agreed to one they decided they didn't want one anymore. That was a while ago.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 0:44:23

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
I can't recall LaF ever acting the way Silent Sentinel is describing, but he can think what he likes.

As for continuing to hit Rage. They approached us about a ceasefire and after I agreed to one they decided they didn't want one anymore. That was a while ago.

That was LaF from 2002 and earlier. Just to refresh your memory ;)

Soviet Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 1:00:16

Imag hit us expecting to at least make a showing, and they were completely owned in a week.

No, we hit you because it was fun.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 10th 2010, 1:22:45

mmm no, I was actually a much bigger prick at that time then I am today.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 1:25:24

Pang and H4 now knows what it's like to be the United States government.
Smarter than your average bear.

kemo Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 1:31:27

so killin a 1 man tag that aint touched you is ordinary? honestly if i was 182 id be thinkin of ways to seriously mess you up for a long time
all praised to ra

Silent Sentinel Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 2:35:24

Haha, you needed to "pre-empt" an alliance 1/3 your size?

You say LaF doesn't do anythiny other alliances don't do? So when I look at country lists why don't I see every other alliance with dozens of people in 20k, 30k, 40k and up land?

Two reasons people talk about LaF when it comes to game change. Pang, you OWN the game, and your alliance is the biggest.

F***ing Gingers...

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 2:59:28

Ahhh...so much posting, so little action!

Par for the course, really...

mazooka Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:01:20

Originally posted by kemo:
so killin a 1 man tag that aint touched you is ordinary? honestly if i was 182 id be thinkin of ways to seriously mess you up for a long time

nothing one country can do. new rules have been in place to be sure that 182 can't do fluff =p

archaic Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:07:16

I think the main thing to take away here is that LaF isn't doing anything out of the ordinary here -- we create a fun and enjoyable environment for our members and our leaders put our members and our allies' interests first.

True, unfortunately for everybody else . . . but true.

Fail. The 800 pound gorilla that is driving everyone from the game just to make themselves happy is a VERY large problem.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

locket Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:08:44

Really mazooka? What fricking rules are in place to ensure that? Man people are getting more blind by the day.

And Sentinel. Perhaps those other alliances just wish to play a lazier/easier route than laf does? Or perhaps laf is simply better at landgrabbing(Not surprising to most)

Pang isnt the only game developer. How about you start fluffing about qzjul? Oh wait.. that dosnt fit your Laf hate well enough. 95% of people are happy that changes have been made and that they consider more and more to try to even the playing field and make it better for untagged/small tags

archaic Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:12:16

no locket . . . 95% of the people have already left, they're just waiting on LaF to turn out the lights when the run off the last 5%.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

locket Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:22:54

ok well then 95% of the 5% :)

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:22:59

I will say Pang is the public "face" of the game though locket. He's the new Mehul.
Smarter than your average bear.

snawdog Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:30:27

Originally posted by locket:
Really mazooka? What fricking rules are in place to ensure that? Man people are getting more blind by the day.

Can't drop land for 72 hrs Is the first that comes to mind.

ICQ 364553524
msn

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:40:06

mazooka if you think one country can't do much, you really suck ass at suiciding my bro=)

mazooka Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:51:37

try it now bobby =)

guess you are the one who is "getting more blind by the day".

some new rules have been put in place. go look in announcements or something.

Thunder Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 4:56:09

I haven't heard have a QZjuley day yet...i've only heard have a Pangy day.

I'm just saying. On a positive note...Pang might win $1m :)
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 5:52:50

maz name the alliance and I guarantee I can single handedly limit them to 40M ANW next set. Except for LaF, they may be able to manage 50M

Jelly

Jul 10th 2010, 6:19:28

That's no fun if they know your coming Bobby.

Charles Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 9:14:40

it's the fear that drives ANW down :P

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2010, 15:51:26

There was a time that one could argue that LAF as "soft"
but due to netting and grabbing skills they still fought above average.

But when Ronnie led LAF that started to change. And LAF began to toughen up some.

I'm talking early earth history. And yes LAF did have that reputation,
but Wanger is right, this is no longer the case and hasn't been for a number of years (except for maybe the occasional off reset?) But I haven't been around enough to know that part for sure.

Now, LAF's a beast
get over it:)
Z is #1

SolidSnake Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 15:54:16

When ronnie lead laf, laf were still unable to fight at a decent level

Son Goku Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 19:21:18

Until 2002 or so I'd say.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2010, 20:32:46

Umm LaF was considered pretty crap at warring when they lost to ALC1
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

locket Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 20:35:59

hmm I thought they won that one PP? I dont think i was playing at the time though so yah... you could be right :P and mazooka they did things that limit a suicider, they do not STOP a suicider. It is still effective and annoying.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2010, 20:42:44

I think they called in IX and then "won"

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

SolidSnake Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 20:42:52

laf did win alc1, infact laf has never lost an alc war

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2010, 20:43:55

Oh fluff, I'm thinking of the wrong thing according to LaF's history page. I mean when those small clans hit LaF for farming and won..

locket Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 20:45:20

perhaps each side had different views as to what winning meant? :P

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2010, 20:46:16

eXist and Wildcards, according to LaF's history page. :P