Verified:

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 23:42:43

iMagNum is an alliance that I've considered myself most a part of for the last 10 years. Back in the fall of 2000, I received the very first recruiting message Beltshumeltz sent out, and signed up immediately. I was one of the first half-dozen applications that he accepted, and a few weeks later became one of the first leaders he promoted.

I haven't continuously been in iMagNum since then. I've played as a member of several other alliances, and gone through periods when I didn't play on the server iMagNum was on at all. But iMagNum has always been the first place I checked on when I came back, and the place I returned to most frequently. As far as you can have a "home" within an online game, iMagNum's been that for me.

But today I've made the decision that, as of the end of this reset, I will no longer be playing in iMagNum.

The reasons for this are numerous and varied, but I'm confident that only one of them will be of interest to the majority of the players in this game: the role iMagNum is accused of playing in the decline of this server as a whole.

I'd like to be very clear on this point. Neither iMagNum nor war alliances in general are to blame for what's happened to this server. Years of neglectful admins who were incapable of controlling multies and unwilling to innovate were the main cause of this server's decline.

However, in-so-far as it's any players' fault, the blame for what's happened to this server rests squarely upon alliances far more influential than iMagNum. Years of abusive policies cannot be ignored if we are truthfully seeking to determine at which altar blame truly lies.

It was only after the game decayed hugely, as a result of these other factors, that it became credible to place any blame upon iMagNum. During the years when the most damage was done, it was simply too minor a factor within the server to be granted credit for what took place.

But today is today, and the game is what it is. Regardless of where blame lies for the past, I do not believe that iMagNum is part of the solution. I do not fault them for their practices, but their actions will not contribute to the development of a competitive and healthy environment within this server at this time.

As I said, this is not the only reason I'm choosing to leave iMagNum but the simple fact is that I have no desire to be a by-stander. I want to be part of the solution.

I have yet to decide where I will go or what I will do. I intend to continue playing on this server, however, as this game should not lose more players if it can be avoided. If there are alliances which would wish to have me as a member, I'm open to offers. I do hope to return to iMagNum at some point in the future, but for the time being I expect to find my place elsewhere.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2010, 23:46:38

Glad not everyone in iMag is retarded.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Bsnake Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 23:49:19

/me ties Foog to his chair.....

See you can't leave....
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 23:49:31

join rage:p

we have a 1:1 grabbing policy, with L:L and Fa contact when required. We also refuse to instigate wars against netting alliances or other warring alliances without reason and fair warning/FA contacts.
I think the last 2 sets our conduct speaks for itself in this area.

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 23:53:25

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Glad not everyone in iMag is retarded.
Pontious, those are still my friends... and I still have very little respect for you or anything you've ever contributed to this community.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2010, 0:10:31

You would be labeled a spy your entire stay. Which is natural. But you could apply to LCN.

In fact you can take my recruiting spot, or Trife's virginity. Whichever sounds more appealing.

I know you won't join in all likelihood, but if it sounds interesting. Send Trife like a thousand in board messages. Meaningless preferably. Spam Ads are acceptable.

Then send me an in-board message and I will chat at you and we can make fun of Trife together. Then you can join. And somewhere a woman will get an orgasm. This is how it is written. This is how it shall be.

Thanks,

ZEN
Female Body Inspector
LCN

BEST GOSH DARNED RECRUITER EVER (My record is 0-30 so far. 0 Being the people who have joined.)

Sifos Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:11:38

Live and prosper etc., as long as you keep contributing on AT with your witty posts, I'm somewhat happy ;)
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Murf Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:13:05

Fooglmog come play in sof again, would be good to have you around me again for some decent conversation

TAN Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:20:23

ZEN IS MINE, AS IS TRIFE'S VIRGINITY.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

AxAlar Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:57:38

It'd be nice to have you in Collab for a set or two Foog. You're always rather thought out and I have a feeling Collab would benefit from your presence. Hopefully you would as well, playing in a different setting where we're equally happy netting or warring and try hard at both.

If you wanna, flip me a message .. or take it a step further and just apply here: http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

:)
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Nov 11th 2010, 1:01:14

PP TALKS!!!!

wait, didnt his whole clan just leave the game? HAHAHA

archaic Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:02:26

^^^^^

Hey Soviet,

thats what leadership looks like.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Nov 11th 2010, 1:03:58

Thank you Thank you ;)

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2010, 1:11:52

Originally posted by Dark TwizTid:
PP TALKS!!!!

wait, didnt his whole clan just leave the game? HAHAHA
Haven't you changed clan like 3 times in the past 1.5 months?
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Nov 11th 2010, 1:12:42

Pretty much, I plan on joining another one next set ;)

OrigOzzyB

Nov 11th 2010, 1:13:44

Twiz, I hear KSF are looking for someone to run it coz I'm lazy.

NB - KSF arent really coming back.

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 2:39:17

Originally posted by ZEN:
You would be labeled a spy your entire stay. Which is natural. But you could apply to LCN.
You make it sounds so appealing ;)

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

cypress Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 2:48:41

sof.earth2025.net

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 2:56:16

Evolution is always looking for more members to teach the zen-like ways of the netter. Old war-mongers often make the best netters. Just look at me for a shining example of a retired war-vet reaching above $50mil net on a semi-regular basis. (snerk)
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

aponic Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 3:00:47

Really more alliances need to become proactive in defending other alliances when they feel the aggressor is being abusive. *cough* LCN *cough OMEGA

LAF and PDM both FSed SOL because they were afraid that no one would help them if they were on the receiving end of a SOL FS.

Similarly, ICN and FIST both got FSed but no one has yet to help them.

You could throw NA into this since they were pressured into FSing SOF, but SOF also offered for COLLAB to join them with another alliance joining SOF
SOF
Cerevisi

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 3:21:16

So you're suggesting other netting alliances break pacts with the aggressor alliances so they can help victim alliances? Because most netting alliances are only netting because they have pacts in place to ensure those same aggressor alliances don't screw them over.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

AxAlar Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 4:32:01

Aponic - Only offer of the sort I saw was on AT, and it wasn't well thought out at all. All things considered you'd be taking a war battered SOL, add in a killed NA and have us. In turn, LAF would counteract NA, then you'd add in Imag, who was fully warprepped at our size, then SOF, who is still in its prime after the short-lived NA war.

There would be an abundance of breaking power on the SOF/Imag front in comparison to just Collab breaking on our side. 90 breakrs vs 30... thats the big offer? I mean, I think we're a pretty capable group at warring, but I think you might be giving us a bit too much credit there ;p
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Link Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 4:38:45

epic post..
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Zahc Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 4:53:04

all is irrelevant to this post, the guy makes a great post and somehow it gets turned into garbage. gotta love AT

great post foog, hopefully more earthers will share your idea
llort orp s`fos

Trife Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 6:15:55

Alliances and game politics aside, it's nice to see someone who's willing to atleast listen to and think about viewpoints that are different than their own - for the betterment of the game.

Good luck in your search for a different alliance to be a member of, Fooglmog.

TAN Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 6:34:32

Foog, you could try PDM. We could use a grizzled old warrior to show us how it's done. And when you want to go back to iMag, no hard feelings.

But I can't guarantee you a war set every set. There might be one next set, since SOL will most likely start a reprisal war. ;)
FREEEEEDOM!!!

iTavi

Nov 11th 2010, 6:43:22

-

i think this is all i have to say.
~

KaiN Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 7:20:46

join sof
m0m0 > you

dagga Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 8:39:13

TAN - a tagkill thsi set should be enough for us..
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 11:10:38

Originally posted by Zahc:
great post foog, hopefully more earthers will share your idea

I don't know if it's great or not, it's simply my thoughts expressed as clearly as I know how. Of course, I'm always happy to find a receptive audience. Your comments are much appreciated, as are those of all the others that seem to have found a certain poignancy in what I've written.

I also appreciate all the invitations that I've already received (both here and in PMs) to play in various alliances. It's more than a little flattering to discover that I've somehow personally earned the respect of players who have no reason to like anything that I've represented within the game. In the mean time, I'd like to state that I'm taking my time determining where I want to play in the future. Please do not interpret a lack of a response as a negative response. Frankly, I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of PMs I've received since making this thread and I'm not sure what to say to them all yet. I intend to take the time to reply to everyone who takes the time to write to me... but I may not get back to everyone for a few days -- please don't hold the delay against me.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Murf Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 11:13:16

More sofers need to post here, we have 4 already posting

come on foog for old times sake come play in same tag as me again, we'll even let you try the whole netgaining thing

jon316 Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 12:38:49

K, you can officially leave iMag.

Then we'll recruit you back.

Sound good?

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 12:47:44

yea, i have a copy of that original message. can you resist it this time? :P

good luck with your endeavors, foog. i'll keep your seat warm for you should you choose to come back.

Imaginary Numbers... We are the problem and the solution, foog. Don't forget that! :-)
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2010, 15:54:38

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
Originally posted by ZEN:
You make it sounds so appealing ;)

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

I told you I was a great recruiter.

We do have a spy already. At least we are convinced he is a spy, he has been with us for years. So one more wouldn't really hurt. We cater to the needs of our spies!

anoniem Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 17:35:00

The problem is not just meaningless wars, it's the fact that your close allies pact out when they know you're in for it.

Pacts are meaningless and most netting alliances are self-fish.
For example: ICN has mostly (in the past) left its allies out to dry, and only speak to you when they're in for a spanking.

I don't agree with iMagNum waging unreasonable wars, but they certainly don't pact out/shy away from helping their friends.
re(ally)tired

Ivan Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 18:40:27

You said you want to be a part of the solution i think youd fit in very well with us and how we want this game to be

sof.earth2025.net

fluff!

d20 Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 22:34:00

insert obligatory join sof comment...
sof.earth2025.net :D

cypress Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 22:42:49

keke

Link Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 22:52:51

ICN just doesn't want to war.. at all lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Marshal Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 22:58:59

link lies, he carries sword so he is always prepared for war.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 23:13:59

Foog you were one of my favorite parts of iMag!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Link Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 23:14:07

i am yes.. but ICN is a netting clan... and we really wanna net again someday lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Sifos Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 23:14:15

I heard Link likes to wall.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 23:27:57

why would omega or LCN step in?

It is to their benefit when the farming netters get killed and they, the peaceful netters get to claim the top spots.

Link Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 23:29:09

*is some-what a fan of walling* ;)

and now i'm am probably gonna die much much faster lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Shinigami Game profile

Nov 12th 2010, 3:56:54

I have no idea what our pacts with LAF/PDM/SOL and even less of what LCN's would be... but I'd question why either of us would feel a need to break packs to go on the offense? I get that war alliances are killing the game, trust me, but breaking pacts to hit them doesn't seem like a winning way to rebuild the server either.

And yeah, like DL said, netters that don't farm don't really feel much sympathy for netters that do farm and pay for it with war.

Now, as to how interesting any of that is... is another matter.

Riddler Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 17:01:17

I miss Shinigami!

Ant

Nov 15th 2010, 11:23:34

Knowing you since 1997 (when you where 8 years old) ive always enjoyed reading your posts. Join SoF ive heard rumours that they are kewl + they have Murf ;)

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 15th 2010, 11:44:58

... Ant?
Like... Ant, Ant?
I mean... Ant, from TIE, Ant?

I had no idea you were still playing. Great to see you mate.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Ant

Nov 15th 2010, 11:51:07

Yes, this is Ant (with a hangover) from TIE, I only play in the ffa server atm.