Verified:

Helmet Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 0:54:36

I just have to laugh as I read these forums. Two of the biggest alliances in the game are war alliances. Why do you think that is? Do you think maybe that's because a large majority of the server likes to fight? That sure seems logical to me.

I don't know what you guys are crying about. You finally have a game without cheaters and now you're crying about wars in the ALLIANCE server? You've got to be kidding me.

I see this game way more black and white than a lot of you.I think there are a lot of leaders and FA's that need to pull their heads out of their asses and get a grip on reality.

If you want to netgain you usually can, but that means you're going to have to swallow your pride sometimes and for some reason that seems awfully hard for a lot of people to do. Sometimes a player or two in your alliance is going to get their round screwed or sometimes you'll have to agree to something you don't see as fair, but if want to netgain you have to pick your battles.

Whoever wants to netgain next set make me your interim FA and I'll show you how to do it. Of course you're going to have to compensate me for my services. I'll accept FA packages. :)

All wars start for one of two reasons:

1) The netgaining alliance has a prideful FA
2) Somebody is holding a grudge (which could be solved by a good FA)

BTW: You can't netgain every set in the ALLIANCE SERVER or noone will respect you. When you come to grips with that you'll enjoy the game more. You also need to quit being selfish cry babies when it's time to war and actually fight, then maybe your alliance won't look like a joke after it attacks someone (which brings me back to "you need to earn some respect sometimes")

Better yet let's all be adults and start next round with a clean slate (no grudges) for the "betterment" of the game and see what happens.

OrigOzzyB

Nov 16th 2010, 0:56:06

I like this.

Mr. Iris Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 0:59:07

Are we uncluded in the clean slate party ;)?
Originally posted by archaic:
see many colors
fluttering in the spring winds
Iris blooms again

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:01:52

Don't bother Helmet, it's like banging your head against a brick wall with some of the netters in here.

mrford Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:06:48

Don't know which wars you were refering to, but speaking only abou the one I was involved in, sof and na both benefitted from our war and NA might of lost but came out with more pacts and more respect from sof

That kinda sounds like what you are talking about
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

archaic Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:26:37

So, does ICN get a clean slate next set? We're not holding our breath.

Prideful? Yes
Naïve? No
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 16th 2010, 1:31:15

Cool, after less than a full round with two warring alliances having the most members, they're pretending that they have a mandate to run the server as they see fit. Let's go back four months. Ancient history, I know.

http://alliance.www.earthempires.com/...?ranktype=tot&round=4

Allow me to begin.

"I just have to laugh as I read these forums. Two of the biggest alliances in the game are netting alliances. Why do you think that is? Do you think maybe that's because a large majority of the server likes to net? That sure seems logical to me."

ponderer Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:34:47

I don't know if the old war toupee is the best choice to be your FA, but maybe you've mellowed
; p

What you says has merit. If you're looking to netgain, don't try to be the alpha dog - sometimes you're going to have to be a submissive. If your membership doesn't want war, then do what you have to to avoid it. When the opportunity presents itself for you to make a point - multiple alliances allied to you allowing for victory, or a blown netgaining reset, then make it.

And then you have to hope that no one declares war on you "because you look bored." That becomes a real concern when there aren't enough opponents around to give the war hungry members of our two biggest alliances the fight they are looking for.

m0m0rific

Helmet Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:37:19

Noone can control this server, they can only control their behaviors. You totally missed my point.

Showing me the end of a set I didn't even play in means nothing to me. I'm speaking from my years of experience leading an alliance.

Helmet Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:39:19

Ponderer: Being capable and wanting to do it are two totally different things. hehe

Detmer Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:39:29

Just take the PDM approach! Second fastest growing alliance over the past two sets! Play stress free, play the game, love yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIQWRHJq_kE

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2010, 1:39:50

confirm@what pang said

ponderer Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:41:22

Originally posted by smikke:
confirm@what pang said

? or is that a preemptive confirmation?
m0m0rific

mrford Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:42:40

Pang hasn't posted in this thread

*shifty eyes*
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 16th 2010, 1:42:45

I am fairly confident that this is the only set (out of six) where the two biggest clans at the start of the set were warring alliances. If everyone likes warring so much, why isn't it six out of six?

You apparently haven't played and don't have any idea about what's gone on over the past year. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

ponderer Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:47:28

slagpit: both of those clans have nearly doubled in size over the past reset and a half. And that includes SoF having a disastrous war performance last reset. The specialized netgaining alliances, even the ones who have avoided war have not approached that level of growth.
m0m0rific

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:48:01

This server is why I don't do FA work.....

I'd probably have made the evening news by now if I had to deal w/ some of y'all :-P

mrford Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:50:02

Na used to drag 5-10 ppl back per set to even out the o es we lost or even grow back when were on ES.

But when ES took a fluff, so did our 700+ member userlist and email list

I would pay for a es DB dump
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:51:39

You heard it here first....

mrford pays to get dumped on

WoooWOOOO! Hot Carl baby!

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:53:17

great post det

Helmet Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:55:49

My post would support itself just fine without the first paragraph. You can pretend it's not even there. I couldn't care less if there are more netters or more fighters. It doesn't matter and has no bearing on the rest of my points. Congrats on picking the most trivial part of my post to argue about. lol

Secondly, I know more about running an alliance than 95% of the people here. You may think things have changed a lot, but they haven't. They haven't changed at all from what I've seen.

mrford Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:57:19

I thought helmet was a nub?

*shifty eyes*
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 1:58:52

Originally posted by Helmet:
Secondly, I know more about running an alliance than 95% of the people here. You may think things have changed a lot, but they haven't. They haven't changed at all from what I've seen.

Interesting claim considering half of the folks posting on this thread have spent a minimum 5 yrs leading in some capacity in their alliances in multiple servers.

But yeah - all hail the all knowing one. Thanks for being my case in point. <eye roll>

Helmet Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 2:04:27

5 years at some capacity. Whoopty do. lol

ponderer Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 2:15:51

Originally posted by NOW3P:

Interesting claim considering half of the folks posting on this thread have spent a minimum 5 yrs leading in some capacity in their alliances in multiple servers.

But yeah - all hail the all knowing one. Thanks for being my case in point. <eye roll>

Helmet founded SoF and led it for the better part of a decade. So one might assume he might know a thing or two about running an alliance.
m0m0rific

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 16th 2010, 2:31:33

so many of these threads....

I'll just say one quick thing, so that people who pre-emptively agreed with me can be happy :p
Whether you like fighting or netting, we all have a collective responsibility to create an enjoyable playing environment on the Alliance server. Some players prefer to net, while some prefer to fight. I'm confident that there is an equilibrium somewhere so everyone can do what they enjoy most of the time.

Edited By: Pang on Nov 16th 2010, 2:35:13
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

de1i Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 2:34:14

Thanks to the hundreds of players and a dozen or more alliances (from major alliances to your favorite farm land) that are missing, FAs can kiss ass as hard as they want. But if a warring alliance spun their warwheel and your name landed the best reach around isn't going to get you out of it and it's going to happen a lot more frequently.

But really people crying about wars is not something new to this game, no matter how many people or alliances are(n't) around. Being a pushover when it comes to FA isn't going to earn you any respect either.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2010, 2:35:20

Helmet, you've got it wrong. Maybe when I have more time I can give you a lesson. Your 10 years means nothing in this game.

Ruthie

Nov 16th 2010, 2:39:24

Originally posted by Requiem:
Helmet, you've got it wrong. Maybe when I have more time I can give you a lesson. Your 10 years means nothing in this game.

Thats only because the game at the moment is merely a shadow of what it once was.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Soviet Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 2:41:31

Originally posted by de1i:
Thanks to the hundreds of players and a dozen or more alliances (from major alliances to your favorite farm land) that are missing, FAs can kiss ass as hard as they want. But if a warring alliance spun their warwheel and your name landed the best reach around isn't going to get you out of it and it's going to happen a lot more frequently.

But really people crying about wars is not something new to this game, no matter how many people or alliances are(n't) around. Being a pushover when it comes to FA isn't going to earn you any respect either.

If you're giving the best reach around ever, I'd expect you to want something more than a promise from the reciever. Maybe something like a uNAP.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

dagga Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 2:51:56

I like this Helmet.

Much better than Helmet circa 2002.

PS. Everything he says is right, and I've said it on other threads. MONSTERS netgain because they suck it up and know how to appease war alliances. I say 'appease' but they have the last laugh because they do what they want to do EVERY SET - NETGAIN. If your alliance doesn't have the stomach for war, then suck it up and make some concessions.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

dagga Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 2:57:30

Originally posted by Pang:

I'll just say one quick thing, so that people who pre-emptively agreed with me can be happy :p
Whether you like fighting or netting, we all have a collective responsibility to create an enjoyable playing environment on the Alliance server. Some players prefer to net, while some prefer to fight. I'm confident that there is an equilibrium somewhere so everyone can do what they enjoy most of the time.

PANGAEA TRANSLATION MACHINE

.... WORKING ...

Originally posted by Pang:

Whether you like fighting or netting, we all have a collective responsibility to create a netgaining, tree-hugging, LAND:LAND, farm untaggeds, kill 10 member alliances for their land type environment on the Alliance server. Some players prefer to net, while some prefer to fight. I'm confident that there is a middle ground where LaF can do what it wants to gets it's land without having to face the consequences, so everyone can do what they enjoy most of the time. Bully netgaining alliances who don't want to get their hands dirty and fight a war should be left alone while only those alliance who like to fight should fight each other perpetually
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

de1i Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 2:59:50

dagga actually made me lol, going to go play in traffic now.

Thomas Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 5:50:51

Two of the biggest clans are war alliances. But how many strictly war alliances are there?

How many netting/balanced?

Thomas Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 5:55:58

Originally posted by Thomas:
Two of the biggest clans are war alliances. But how many strictly war alliances are there?

How many netting/balanced?

And just in case you don't see my point, there are easily 2.5x as many people who enjoy netting as there are those who strictly like to war.

Loafer Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 7:47:51

How many 100% netting alliances are there?

You said 13 balanced clans, that hardly does the case for netting as the norm.

Thomas Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 8:47:15

Originally posted by Loafer:
How many 100% netting alliances are there?

You said 13 balanced clans, that hardly does the case for netting as the norm.

There will never be a 100% netting alliance because at some point a netting alliance will have to war. You could classify them as having planned warring rounds though.

iTavi

Nov 16th 2010, 8:53:07

+1 Helmet!

haven't read all the other replies but your post is very good!
~

Helmet Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 12:01:44

Originally posted by dagga:
I like this Helmet.

Much better than Helmet circa 2002.

PS. Everything he says is right, and I've said it on other threads. MONSTERS netgain because they suck it up and know how to appease war alliances. I say 'appease' but they have the last laugh because they do what they want to do EVERY SET - NETGAIN. If your alliance doesn't have the stomach for war, then suck it up and make some concessions.

Monsters is a perfect example. I wish I had thought of that. :)

Helmet Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 12:08:37

Originally posted by Requiem:

Hard to argue with such a well thought out position. Great points! I declare you the winner of this debate.

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2010, 12:40:00

i meant slagpit :P

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 15:14:43

so if all the warring clans are allied to one another and the netting clans "swallow their pride" and pact all the warring clans ,are you saying that we will have no one to war set after set after set???????

why would you give them this idea????

Makinso Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 15:24:35

LoL Serb :-P

iPesT

Nov 16th 2010, 15:36:24

10 years of leadership? Didnt you leave like 6 years ago?

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 15:41:01

Yeah, Helmet + SoF left after being botted for a few resets, and went to TEQ. Helmet swore never to return to Earth:2025. SoF came back without Helmet a few years ago.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Ruthie

Nov 16th 2010, 18:54:14

Originally posted by iPesT:
10 years of leadership? Didnt you leave like 6 years ago?

He was probably including TEQ in those years, cause I was an alliance leader for longer than Helmey in this game and that was about 8 or 9 years for me.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

locket Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 19:15:26

And we are listening to someone who swore to never come back? A clear word breaker he is...

Ruthie

Nov 16th 2010, 19:19:02

well this is a different game, so he didnt come back to Earth 2025

but i guess you would rather have people stay away then add to the numbers in this game ? *shakes head*
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 16th 2010, 19:25:47

but this is a new game locket ;) all sorts of good excuses

wow looks like i spent at least 5 minutes reading this thread... ruthie beat me
Finally did the signature thing.

Junky Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 19:28:59

well Glad Helmuts back anywho, new game new start :-P technically its not earth2025 :-P, its Earth Empires
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.