Verified:

Sifos Game profile

Jun 7th 2011, 10:04:42

2-5 weeks.

Did it every weeks for a while to try and keep room less dusty, but it had no effect so whatever.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

ld Game profile

Jun 7th 2011, 12:56:52

1 a month is solid

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 7th 2011, 12:58:37

when it was just me in the bed every two weeks in the winter and every week in the summer. I find that with two people in a bed once a week is pretty much required. I guess it also depends if you sleep naked in bed, in which case more frequent washing would probably be required:P

blankets about once every 2-3 months. Pillow cases once a week. Airing out pillows 2-3 times a year (can't really do it in the winter).
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

trumper Game profile

Jun 7th 2011, 13:07:54

Linens part every 2-3 weeks or so. Comforter maybe every 4-5 weeks. But if I get sick then as I come off the cold/flu/whatnot I feel the need to wash every sheet, pillowcase, comforter, etc in sight.

And how did you see dirty water coming out? Usually the soapy part comes out first. Are you sure that wasn't dye from your sheets bleeding into the water, haha.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 7th 2011, 15:16:58

honestly I don't know how people go 3 weeks + without washing their sheets.. would drive me crazy. On the other hand if your pj's cover all your body except for your head and feet then yeah it would make sense.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

archaic Game profile

Jun 7th 2011, 18:11:06

Its more a matter of his long it takes for the sheets to start loosening up and stretching on the mattress - once I start sleeping on wrinkles, they come off. That's usually about 3-4 weeks. The wifey usually also changes them if we have frisky-timed them excessively so ut probably ends up being more like every two weeks.

Good sheets definitely stay nicer for longer than crummy cheap ones.

Edited By: archaic on Jun 7th 2011, 22:49:35
See Original Post
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

aliyah Game profile

Jun 7th 2011, 22:40:32

I don't have a schedule really for washing the sheets. They probably get done once a month. When I get into a cleaning mood, I do since I feel like the entire house must be cleaned. Sometimes (like today), they'll be washed just because. My blanket gets washed at the same time. The comforter, on the other hand, has to be taken somewhere since it's too big to fit into my washing machine. Since I don't use it in the summer (it just stays on the end of the bed at night), that's the best time for me to get it done. Writing that out makes it sound horrible! LOL!

I have heard that washing sheets weekly is the general consensus though. I just don't feel like they get dirty that quickly.
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

legion Game profile

Jun 8th 2011, 5:12:15

every other week usually
Nobody puts baby in a corner

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 8th 2011, 11:14:27

hehe. maybe we should discuss what's under the sheets, if we're going to have a discussion about the cleanliness of bedding. seems that my vinyl airbed has to be cleaned every now and then regardless of the fact that they're covered with linen. dander?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

paladin Game profile

Jun 8th 2011, 12:32:13

I wash them when they start to smell funky.
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

PG Game profile

Jun 8th 2011, 17:03:15

Every 2 weeks i wash my bedsheats, or if its hot it can be once a week
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Kalick Game profile

Jun 8th 2011, 17:19:47

Related question:

My comforter says it is dry clean only on the tag. Is it ok to machine wash it anyway? The dry cleaner charges like $20, and it never really comes back as clean as I would expect. Would machine washing possibly cause harm?

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 8th 2011, 18:33:20

About 4 times a week....or every time the kid spits up on them, at least. :-(

archaic Game profile

Jun 8th 2011, 19:48:38

^^^

Been there my brutha, been there.

There will come a day soon where a little spit up is no longer a good enough reason to bother changing them, that's when you know you have truly snatched the pebble of parenthood.

Edited By: archaic on Jun 8th 2011, 19:50:50
See Original Post
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 8th 2011, 20:15:32

my dead cat's favorite time to puke on the bed used to be right after i washed everything. don't laugh at your dead cat Dibs.

meh, loved him to death.

MWA HAHAHAHAHA, no more kitty cat puke!!!

the crap that i had to put up with to be considered a loving caring pet owner. :-P
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.