Verified:

BadFish Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 19:17:08

ok so is FA someone into 1st place cheating? is haveing all jets retalers cheating so they can get their land back? if the mods deem this cheating then it will stop but there are no rules against it? i believe some here are jealous that they arent a BadFish too........
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Mr. Lime Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 19:34:01

very jealous

and nobody has contact'd me yet...

i was dead serious gather your facts bring them to the table and i'll be happy to talk about this with any one of you that doesn't start with "your a cheater". i'm not in NA..i'm in eevil

locket Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 20:20:49

I never mentioned anything about pang being inept.

Thomas Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 21:34:39

Originally posted by Mr. Lime:
i don't see how i abused jack sh1t...look at the numbers...not only did it not work like we had hoped i believe now we should have waited till 15k acres to try this..but our expenses were astronomically higher then a all explore rep.

But yet you guys continue to do it.

Mr. Lime Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 21:55:19

thomas I'm under no illusions that country most likely barring a miracle or server war will not make the top 100.... however i am taking the time to learn all i can about doing this call it trial and error or even research into the feasibility of this in the future

i never said i was going to stop.

and yes i was honest about the results and data collected so far.

i don't want ppl to think that i'm giving nike angry looks and poof magic ghost acres appear. i'm trying to explain how i was in fact paying for said acres in a way no explorer does..and that unlike an all explore strat my growth through this means actually puts cash from my food sales back into the market where all alliances including yours benefit from my purchases

dustfp Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 22:06:42

The issue is that it is completely against the spirit of the game. Ofcourse there is a cost to land trading, but, unlike exploring, land gained increases as you grow. We cannot allow such a thing to become acceptable; the fact that mass exploring is so viable is depressing enough as it is, internal land trading on a wide scale would make the game horribly boring and tedious.
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Mr. Lime Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 22:10:42

i'm sorry but what is the spirit of this online game...for everybody to be equals? no i think not...its for ppl to do what they can when they can inside of the rules to get ahead of other alliances

market buyouts and FA'ing top countries are against your "spirit" and yet all i see is lip service

everybody here is so pro mouthing the phrases and yet those that follow that up with actual action are so far and few between

Ruthie

Jun 15th 2010, 22:17:53

I was never a fan of land trading but there has got to be a solution for a happy medium between all explore and farming anything you can.

If not, the future here is pretty bleak.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2010, 22:21:08

Mr Lime those explore numbers are way off.

A rep is more like 16 acres a turn exploring at 8k.

And the cost goes up a lot slower than the comparative benefit does.

BadFish Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 22:36:16

so is a market buy out at end of the set cheating? FA chains at sets end cheating? all jet retallers cheating? is it cheating getting another clan member to do a retal? seems like this is about the same as of all those above to me. all those are in the "grey" area if you wanna get into it. we havent bothered anyone and are minding our own business. if its that big of a deal MODs put up a vote if its cheating and if vote comes to the conclusion it is in fact cheating im sure u guys can block out internal clan LGing.

dont hate becuz your not a BadFish too.......
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Chump Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 22:42:54

I understand it's frustrating for those that haven't ever posted a top 10. But you know what? there's a solo game that you can join one click above the alliance game.

However an alliance decides it wants to use it's resources so be it. Some may decide to market aid 2 countries to top 10... others decide to have everyone get their own rank. Others will aid anyone that's close into the top 100.

If you don't like it then war them, it's a game afterall.. Otherwise all this is, is whining.

Viceroy Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 22:45:48

Spirit of the game? Wasn't this game always considered first and foremost a "War Game?" When did this change?

Does anyone else think its a little bass-ackwards when growing your country through hostile attacks - ranging from abusing untagged countries on a server advertising its alliance play to attacks made against your allies - is absolutely reviled while the all explore strategy is seen to be the best possible and most feasible growth strategy?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

dustfp Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 22:53:31

i'm sorry but what is the spirit of this online game...for everybody to be equals? no i think not...its for ppl to do what they can when they can inside of the rules to get ahead of other alliances

market buyouts and FA'ing top countries are against your "spirit" and yet all i see is lip service

everybody here is so pro mouthing the phrases and yet those that follow that up with actual action are so far and few between

Market buyouts and FA'ing top countries ARE against the spirit of the game, and Collaboration has been against those activities as well (atleast since I've been around). And, as per Axa's original post, Collab WILL follow up with action if it continues.

BadFish, this is not about cheating. Noone has called it cheating, because it is not against the games rules. What it is, is something that Collab will not accept, and I'm sure quite a few others probably have the same view.

Edit: What does retalling for another alliance member have to do with anything? It's far from related, and has been a widely accepted practice for a long time. Internal land trading has not.

Edited By: dustfp on Jun 15th 2010, 22:55:33
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:

Thomas Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 23:01:48

People complained about a lack of land. So they re-introduced ghost acres. Now with this crap going on, you really think they're going to be here to stay if this crap becomes more widespread? Nope... and then we'll have less land than we currently have.

As for FA'ing and doing buyouts. I think that is just as unethical and lame and won't condone it, nor have I when such things have been mentioned inside Collab.

Is that an invitation?

de1i Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 23:05:28

Put up or shut up. Although the second would be more wise, especially since the actions 'ruining the spirit of the game' have been proven to NOT be feasible.

-Not in EEVIL

BadFish Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 23:11:10

Are You A BadFish Too???
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Mr. Lime Game profile

Jun 15th 2010, 23:59:50

wow AxA..got you a little do gooder cult following you around...from rd jr. to head of the ethics police...you've sure suprised me

kemo Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 1:19:02

you can save 15% on ghost acres by switchin to geico
all praised to ra

jon316 Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 1:33:19

State Farm can save you $400 or more if you switch away from Geico.

kemo Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 1:38:01

but if your with one of the expensive ones like progressive then 15% might already be more then $400
all praised to ra

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2010, 1:39:14

wow AxA..got you a little do gooder cult following you around...from rd jr. to head of the ethics police...you've sure suprised me

Not taking sides here but you don't think it's a bit ironic that an RD member is calling people out as having 'permanently dirtied their name' by being in RDjr?

At least a little irony?
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2010, 2:52:44

It's in bad taste to land trade, but technically not against the rules. I believe mehul took away ghost acres because it is in a way an abuse of the game mechanics.

Does it surprise me that a former RD member (or wannabe poser, which ever shoe fits) is the one doing this? NOPE! hahahahaha

AxAlar Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 2:53:41

Badfish - We've threatened people who were doing buyouts in the past, just as LaF has done too. I stand fully against buyouts.

Distopia - I knew from the second you posted this you'd try to make it about RD somehow. No one cares about your RD ties like no one cares about mine, no matter how much you continue to try to bring up RD. RD plays on a different server and has sparked a lot of interest in the team community from even some pretty storied players so thinking everyone is out to get you just because you're RD is kind of ...retarded.

I've said what I've said, if it continues as an acceptable practice in EEVIL, our two alliances wont be pacted in the future and if it continues when we aren't pacted... well, it'll be a shame to have to make you stop. Especially cause you're almost all ex-IX.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Theseus Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 3:16:18

Things like this are everybody's business because we all play this game.

There's no way to compete against actions like these except for others to follow suit, which would result in the removal of ghost acres, which would result in the game going all to fluff faster than it already is.

If you don't pact yourself in you have plenty of options to gain land. Even L:L retals results in a ~50% gain. If you're worried about war, come up with some kind of pact that doesn't permit war, but does permit LG's up until week 5 or something goofy.

AoS Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 3:44:15

every villain is lemons
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2010, 3:47:37

I'd like to see pang or qz weigh in on this and see what their opinion is?

Charles Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 6:20:04

charles i have to ask how this is blatant abuse of ghost acres. i like ya to man and i'd like to have a genuine discussion about this without me being RD as a factor.

This is a blantant abuse of ghost acres as ghost acres were meant to encourage the grabbing of other alliances, not of your clan mates. Need i say more?

Also, props to collab for standing up against bad practices.

EEVIL, if you continue to do this you will find yourself with quite a number of unpacted alliances who will love to see all your fat low defense countries, who would be in no shape to take retals. Is it really worth it?

Originally posted by Ivan:
lol who gives a fluff about RD, they cant play even if they farm themselves anyway

Lol at SoF who just plain and simply farm themselves :P

Btw, i represent no-one but myself...

AoS Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 7:01:35

I represent Charles, as that's my middle name, and as such, I hereby officially state he's teh gay!
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

dustfp Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 7:48:59

Confirmed.
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 8:24:02

hey, how about, instead of worrying what two EEVIL members do, worry about your own alliances. what goes on in there is none your guys' business. they ain't hurtin anyone else, so why bother being a bunch of babies about it.

but then again, i guess it is more fun to suck your thumb, poop your pants, and cry away in the corner.

~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

dustfp Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 9:55:44

The whole problem is that it may lead to the (re-)removal of ghost acres, which is a good part of the game.
If this is left alone and continues, more people will start doing it, and it will eventually become widespread, as anyone NOT doing it would be at a disadvantage.
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 16th 2010, 13:25:33

worst/best case I think that this might lead to a change in the way ghost acres works.

There hasn't been any serious discussion about removing ghost from the game.

If you have ideas/suggestions for changing ghost acres (other than removing them) please post them on the B&S board.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

de1i Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 16:26:36

Loving that the morality police is freaking the fluff out about 2 countries doing something that is COUNTER productive to their own growth.

Please do declare war about a questionable strat that has been shown to NOT be effective.

TAN Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 16:38:51

If you don't like EEVIL's policy, then don't pact them. Maybe even attack them.

I mean, do you guys want this game to effing change or you want it to stay the same as it's always been??

Not to say there weren't ghost acres before, but then they were removed, and people whined about that. Now they are reinstated, and more whining about it.

I think ghost acres is a good addition to the game, and you should exploit this new addition to its maximum advantage since it is now part of the game. It's not a glitch.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 16:58:30

Hey all. This banter has gone on long enough.

Some of you know me and some of you do not. I'm Serpentor, original creater of EEVIL back in 99 and ex pres of IX. I usually stay off of AT and out of our capable FA's business, but this time I'll make an acception.

I'll start by saying that this system of trading land to get a head is not our alliances group strategy, nor will it ever be. This was simply an experiment conducted by 2 of our members to test the viability of it as a possible earth strat for this server, or another. This has been tried before and has been found to not work because of CS loss from what I understand. We as a leadership decided to not dis-allow DIS from trying his tests as many others have done in the past, but are also not condoning this as our official land gaining method.

AxA, you stated that if this land trading Test by our two members continues you will not re-up our pact, and if it happens when unpacted there will be action. Understood. Chances are he'll be done with his tests anyways and will find it to be a waste of resourses and efforts.

Anyways, I just wanted it known to you that, again, this is not going to be EEVIL practice, but is/was only a test of viability by two members.

Also, your comments are understood and taken into account.

I don't want to see anymore EEVIL members commenting here about minding your own business, or anything else. It only looks like fluffing and whinning back and forth, and gives the appearance that we are promoting this as our alliances strategy, which it is not.
The EEVIL Empire

de1i Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 17:13:18

Exception noob.

Ruthie

Jun 16th 2010, 17:16:04

As part of the Head Council of EEVIL, I confirm what Serpy has said above.

AxA, you see two members of our tag doing this and come to AT threatening not to pact us.

If that is your choice, so be it.

But this is not a practice that is prevelent throughout our tag, and was not approved by leadership, so I would say that your post here and the way you are handling this situation are not really the way allies should behave.

You know I am a leader in EEVIL and yet my ICQ has remained quiet from your direction. Its apparent you wanted the attention of everyone reading this forum and again, AT politics is not really the best course of action when dealing with those who you claim to be friends.

~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

llaar Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 17:23:41

ghost acres are perfectly fine the way they are in my opinion

i see nothing wrong with these members testing stuff out

games are meant to be played

and just fyi, i'm personally running all-x this round in 1A

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 17:28:52

Quick correction Ruth.... it wasn't approved, nor denied.

De1i, my AT acct will always say newb as for the most part I don't comment on AT.

BTW, get your ass in here and be a lazy vet you fluffer.
The EEVIL Empire

de1i Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 17:36:16

Originally posted by Serpentor:
I usually stay off of AT and out of our capable FA's business, but this time I'll make an acception.

Exception, not acception.

I'm in m0m0, the ultimate lazy vet hang out. So lazy I think I'm the only one playing this reset.

Play your other country more and idle in IRC, I'm there quite frequently :P

Ruthie

Jun 16th 2010, 17:41:36

I stand corrected Serpy!! :)
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

The Saint Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 20:19:09

I agree, EEVIL keep doing it and don't worry about the insipid people that post here.

BadFish Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 20:41:24

i am giveing out lessons on how to become a BadFish too .........
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Ruthie

Jun 16th 2010, 22:11:45

/me humps da fishie

*sniff, sniff*

damn fishie, you are goin bad!! P U :P
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

nimrodix Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 22:22:36

he has been using the same... whatever the heck u call it for too long.
Fish, time for some new material.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 22:53:12

I agree w/ Chump and SS

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 23:28:34

Lol@ de1i. Typing on my iphone fluffs me up.
The EEVIL Empire

BadFish Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 23:40:00

nim = jealous he not a BadFish too
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

AxAlar Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 2:16:36

Thanks Serpy, that was the kind of response I was hoping to see out of EEVIL leadership.

Ruth - Actually, I didnt know you were still a leader. Haven't talked to you in sets upon sets. Only leader I knew for sure from EEVIL was XTO (and I was misinformed that Dis was a leader).

I chose to post it on AT specifically for the attention, not towards myself or towards Collab, but to show that "exploiting" game play that isnt conducive to the game's community will be met with opposition from Collab. Whether it be EEVIL or anyone else.

We're all vested in this game and have to make sure everyone, even those who don't play in our respective alliances are playing in a manner which may keep the game going and even improve it. A digression to self-farming doesn't do this as we've seen from Earth 2025's history.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Ruthie

Jun 17th 2010, 2:39:39

So then you came on the boards with this before even bothering to talk to a leader of EEVIL because I am clearly listed as one.

And yes, I figured you posted for the attention.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady