Verified:

Jiman Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 2:10:23

I made about 3-6mil weekly, until 1.0.3 hit.

At that point, I was making less then 200k a week, mostly because my items were not selling. Ontop of that, stat rolls on rares went to crap compared to before.

Also, all of a sudden i have to commit to hours playing the game versus playing just for 15-30 minutes at a time.

Through my prespective when 1.0.3 came out, the game became a lot longer for no reward.

trep Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 4:27:16

One thing that's better is just achievements. Gives you something random to try for, even if it doesn't matter in the end =P

Trife Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 14:24:46

I'm just glad that Diablo 2 was 100% flawless just 2 months after it was released

... o wait!

Anonymous

Jul 6th 2012, 14:59:08

This is the current World of Warcraft Blizzard. They don't buff things, they just nerf everything into the ground until it's balanced, boring, and there is no differences between characters or gear.

If you think any differently go read the changes to World of Warcraft starting with WoTLK through Cataclysm. D3 will be no different.

They will remove anything fun or interesting, and they will say they are giving you choices to make. In reality they give you one proper path and way to play. If you find some odd or interesting method of play that is actually viable, you can expect that removed asap.

aqua Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 15:28:25

Inferno has stopped me playing for awhile now. Repairs are just to expensive and to keep dying to elite mobs.

Trife Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 21:03:02

If repairs are too expensive, odds are you are undergeared and should be playing in the previous act

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 7th 2012, 3:01:43

Originally posted by Trife:
If repairs are too expensive, odds are you are undergeared and should be playing in the previous act

While this is true, this is exactly what people don't like. You didn't have to do this in D1 or D2.

locket Game profile

Jul 7th 2012, 3:27:07

Originally posted by Xinhuan:

While this is true, this is exactly what people don't like. You didn't have to do this in D1 or D2.

You'd have someone speeding you through it :P There were monsters you couldnt kill with certain characters... immune to fire etc

Scorba Game profile

Jul 7th 2012, 21:35:48

super cheap mobs and increased repair costs turned me off to the game as well. I haven't felt much interest in playing lately.

Klown Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 0:44:16

I like that D3 is difficult... I always got bored with D2 because it was so easy. I like that I've been playing over a month and there is still a lot to achieve.

Pain Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 0:57:25

unfortunatley you do have to farm to progress. i just started actually farming act1 and i managed to find a pretty good sword for my barb better then what i had bought on AH by over 100 DPS.

i really dislike the huge difference in difficulty between act1 and act 2. i can farm act1 now with little to no problem, but get straight rolled on act 2.
Your mother is a nice woman

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 1:14:20

I was looking forward to Diablo 3.. But i missed out on getting a copy when its officially launched. As days gone by, my friends who's been playing everyday fluff about it like u guys everytime. Bugs bot imbalances and basically what everyone said so far in this thread.

I AM JUST GLAD I DIDNT BUY IT. Saves me alot of frustration as i would be playing a couple hours at least everyday.

Lastly to you all mofos out there. The game is designed as a pay-to-win game. There are no skill required. Just sell your car or house so you could conquer Inferno :)
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

locket Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 1:57:55

Originally posted by TNTroXxor:
I was looking forward to Diablo 3.. But i missed out on getting a copy when its officially launched. As days gone by, my friends who's been playing everyday fluff about it like u guys everytime. Bugs bot imbalances and basically what everyone said so far in this thread.

I AM JUST GLAD I DIDNT BUY IT. Saves me alot of frustration as i would be playing a couple hours at least everyday.

Lastly to you all mofos out there. The game is designed as a pay-to-win game. There are no skill required. Just sell your car or house so you could conquer Inferno :)

uh Skill is very useful in the game either way dude, especially if you don't want to pay. Understanding of how moves work together helps a lot too.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 4:11:52

While skill can overcome the lack of gear, it only works to a certain extent. The ultimate limiting factor is still your gear, more gear = more room for error.

And the reason why they put in enrage timers on all the bosses and champion packs - they intended a gear check - they straight up said that in a blue post that they want this arbitrary wall so we couldn't get a level 1 kiting Skeleton King for 2 hours. You could be level 60 and dodge say Belial's or Butcher's attack perfectly with skill, but without the necessary equipment, you still won't have the damage output needed before they enrage and slaughter you.

Jiman Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 5:14:07

Blizzard themselves admitted that gear farming is not sustainable at the moment.

Considering that gear is EVERYTHING in Diablo, this is a huge fail on their part.

locket Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 5:14:37

meh I have seen many videos of people who can pass inferno with 100-600k worth of gear. Obviously they have something figured out that the rest of us don't :P

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 6:22:45

AHA locket - see, the point is you still had to resort to the AH (even if its only 100-600k). Normal gameplay alone wouldn't have yielded you the necessary gear within a reasonable time frame to progress to Act 2 or Act 3.

A lot of people feel that buying gear from the AH diminishes the enjoyment (the I-achieved-something factor) of the game.

Pain Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 6:27:57

im sorry but nobody is passing inferno with 100-600k worth of gear. that might be all the spent personally but they were gifted some better gear from other people. you cant even get something with "good" stats for under a million.

locket Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 6:58:06

Originally posted by Pain:
im sorry but nobody is passing inferno with 100-600k worth of gear. that might be all the spent personally but they were gifted some better gear from other people. you cant even get something with "good" stats for under a million.

I'm sorry but you should look up some videos :) There are people out there doing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEoUKqg6SdA act 2 for 200k
http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/323147930 Pretty sure he full cleared for 446k

Xin, not sure how it is with the current buffs/nerfs but I remember a blue post saying that when they tested it they didn't use the AH, however I do agree with you there... would be nice if it was less time consuming to avoid the AH.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 16:45:29

Locket, Blizzard claimed before release that Inferno would take the community 6 months to beat.

That's how long they were expecting the MOST hardcore of players to take (people that play 12 hours a day), and if that's how long they believed Inferno would have taken to kill Diablo, the average casual player has zero chance of clearing Inferno within a year, with or without spending on the AH.

The buff/nerfs to the drop rate is irrelevant, D3 is just a different game altogether, it simply isn't D2.

They never tested Inferno. Jay Wilson even said in a famous interview that they took their QA team, gave them good gear, and tweaked it for them, then doubled the difficulty and threw the game out to us.

What happens is that Inferno is a grind, its intended to be challenging, but it is not. There's a difference between challenging content (i.e you can learn from your mistakes and make adjustments to your gameplay to avoid the problem), and cheap 1-shots (especially the ones that come from off-screen, mortars, corrupted angel charges, instead deaths to crazy affixes on bosses) that simply takes nothing but good gear to overcome.

The boss fights are challenging because they require some strategy and positioning to beat (paying attention to Diablo's fire breathe, bone prison, Belial's smash and meteors, etc). The champion packs aren't challenging, they are just gear-walls of frustration.

locket Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 21:36:42

I agree with that too and I dunno how far they tested it but yah.. if people didnt use the Ah I could see it taking 6 months :P

tenshim0 Game profile

Jul 9th 2012, 7:17:05

fluffing no life sitting in front PC and BID for item that without buyout price!!!!

lot of fluff tart that rise bid last mins, wonder that was bot or user. fluff it!!
Your forces invaded tiekoon (#447)!
They broke through the defender's defences!
They took:
30,503 Acres(31,175 Gained)
1395 Buildings(672 Destroyed)

Im MrB

PG Game profile

Jul 9th 2012, 10:40:05

RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2012, 12:17:16

/me puts hand up

I am Akula and I was a D2aholic. ;P

=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

madjsp Game profile

Jul 9th 2012, 20:04:56

Yhere is too much luck involved. I like the game, but mf seems to be useless. Since I started farming I've made and found some real good items, but in less time with nv stack and butcher runs, I make more gold than goblin farming with 251 mf.

I do butcher runs with my 0 mf monk and I found a pair of boots that will get me 10 mil on the ah, without any issues.
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

grimjoww Game profile

Jul 10th 2012, 19:09:56

ok so i was able to get 2 legendary items in like 10 mins.. pretty lucky but the two items were a failure.. a stone gauntlet and some unique mask both 20 levels below... way to go blizzard lol.. im stuck at playing ACT 2 inferno now, it would take me 15-20 fluffing minutes to kill an elite mob just to yield magic items only and the repair costs are insane.. lmfao

PS im playing solo only

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 10th 2012, 19:44:48

@xin: it's called poor/lazy game design. Simply randomizing and adding affixes is just sheer bad development. If you think back to games that were truly difficult like super ghouls and ghosts and battle toads.. your success/failure was totally based on reflexes and skill (and not getting bad and smashing your controller). Other games were hard because you had to figure out puzzles (like space quest or leisure suit Larry). They were far meaner than Diablo is and yet much better designed.

In general software engineering these days has gone downhill (there are exceptions though). Heck.. I look at the new excel for example where to fast formats I now need 2 mouse-clicks rather than 1. or newley designed automated ticket machines that require SEVEN clicks to buy a ticket where as the old mechanical ones required at most two. how is any of that "better"?
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Cee Game profile

Jul 10th 2012, 20:19:31

Meh, go back to wow. I think Wow's expansion is set to be released sometime this year. Wow is about the best mmo game out there. GW2 might give wow a good run for its money though from what I've read. We'll see i guess.

Trife Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 0:02:59

Originally posted by martian:
@xin: it's called poor/lazy game design. Simply randomizing and adding affixes is just sheer bad development.

maybe i'm missing your point, but isn't that what blizzard north did in D2, and everyone that hates D3 loves D2, right?

i'm still of the feeling that it's been what 2 months since release, and D2 sucked huge wangs at first, and took some time to really shine.

Trife Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 0:03:33

p.s. pain is a nublet

p.p.s. pain - i beat belial 1-2 nights ago solo :P neener neener!

locket Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 0:07:26

@xin: it's called poor/lazy game design. Simply randomizing and adding affixes is just sheer bad development.

maybe i'm missing your point, but isn't that what blizzard north did in D2, and everyone that hates D3 loves D2, right?

i'm still of the feeling that it's been what 2 months since release, and D2 sucked huge wangs at first, and took some time to really shine.

ALMOST but not all complaints I have seen were things that existed in D2 as well. Mostly referring to the forums with this comment but yah. It shocks me that the grass is so green on the other side. Must be some sort of good fertilizer :P

Pain Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 7:40:09

p.s. pain is a nublet

p.p.s. pain - i beat belial 1-2 nights ago solo :P neener neener!

youre a cheater thats why. be prepared to help me beat him tomorrow night, sucker.

ingle Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 17:06:03

From the D3 forums: http://us.battle.net/.../forum/topic/6079707996#1

Monster affixes are actually grouped into categories and then restricted based on those categories (to a degree).

Here are the categories:

"Strong CC" (Limit 1):
Knockback
Nightmarish
Vortex

"Defensive" (Limit 1):
Avenger
Extra Health
Health Link
Horde
Illusionist
Missile Dampening
Invulnerable Minions
Shielding
Vampiric

"Aggressive" (No Limit):
ArcaneEnchanted
Desecrator
Electrified
Fast
Fire Chains
Frozen
Jailer
Molten
Mortar
Plagued
Reflects Damage
Teleporter
Waller

Pain Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 17:09:42

some of those "aggressive" attributes they mix together makes it just about impossible to kill some of those groups.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 17:25:56

Why "Frozen" and "Jailer" isn't counted as "Strong CC" baffles me.

"Aggressive" needs to be split into 2 subgroups, strong and weak. Then a champion pack that has any "Strong CC" should be barred from having any "strong aggressive" traits.

locket Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 20:22:35

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Why "Frozen" and "Jailer" isn't counted as "Strong CC" baffles me.

"Aggressive" needs to be split into 2 subgroups, strong and weak. Then a champion pack that has any "Strong CC" should be barred from having any "strong aggressive" traits.

I don't think frozen is very hard to deal with but jailer is definitely annoying as some classes and the combo makes it a fair bit harder true.

bertz Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 1:42:48

Any tips on DH? Being hit once and die sucks.
Now I have to play more on my Barb

locket Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 2:03:56

Originally posted by bertz:
Any tips on DH? Being hit once and die sucks.
Now I have to play more on my Barb

What act you in? What you having trouble on etc?

http://us.battle.net/...-hunter#RaYdXV!aeY!aYZbZc

that is my build I use. Your goal is essentially to never get hit but hopefully you can get enough health and resists to survive at least one hit. The caltrops works amazingly to keep elites without teleport or fast affixes from ever getting close to you. Just constantly drop them and kite. Vault, SS, and Prep will be much more useful when facing elites you can't keep away as easily. Work on your dodging as much as you can...

I use ball lightning for the good AOE and so you dont have to aim too well. Devouring arrow is the best of that set of moves from what I have heard so I use it. That skill is great for the lack of needing to aim well also.

Keep everything as far away from you as you can and still be able to see/hit them. I also have some +max discipline gear to make it so i can do more SS and vaults before using preparation. You can find that on quivers/chest and uhh at least one other thing I think, I just can't remember which.

Act 2 snakes are tough so I got more health and resists and used caltrops while standing on the far side of the trap so that they'd activate it before hitting me... seemed to work alright. Act 3 rocked me though so I started a wizard :P

bertz Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 2:52:39

I stopped at Act 1. lol

I'll try your tips the next time I play ;)

Raven Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 8:54:06

My tank barb got to act 3 but it was painfully slow so I sold my tank gear and bought a 2hander. Farming act 1 when I feel like it. Planning on trying act 2 again soon.

I agree some combinations are ridiculous to certain classes. As a barb ranged mobs with nightmarish, jailer, vampiric, frozen & fast are nuts. If you get to hit them they cc you, run and regain health. Sure there are ways to break cc (wotb) but that is barely enough heh...

Wu Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 12:30:11

Confirm. but i'm still enjoying it... maybe it's cuz up till now, I haven't touch any installments of Diablo yet.

dazedboy Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 17:00:21

So server down for maintainance and I havent checked this thread since I last posted. Random Affix on dangerous mobs are just brutal.

Within the time of my last post, I leveled a DH to 60, dumped down 30mil worth of gears on him (over paid for a crappy crossbow with no crit damage OR socket), got him to 50k unbuffed 110k with 100% crit, and started some act 2 runs and some act3 with a geared monk. I must say, DH is pretty frustrating. If you simply have 3k armor and enough dps, you can roll act 1 pretty easy. Act 2 takes some manuvering but still fine. Act3 just pwned my face. Lasher packs one shot me to no end, and fast mobs are instant death until reloaded. So ya i guess i feel the pain for range players. I guess it's frustrating meet a pack of skull cleavers that one shot you and out run you. I mean do act3 farming DH use vault? Even using vault just means you run away, what if the mob blocks your path? 5 stack reload!

Alright enough rambling, I've developed a new philosophy that seems to simple, it makes me ponder why it havent daunted on everyone. BLIZZ WANTS TO MAKE MONEY! Obviously the RMAH is a GREAT idea to blizz. All the d2 players are in their late 20s and 30s, so there's plenty of money to be dumped in to games they love. I've sold plenty of mid-top tier items on RMAH for 50-100 bucks an item already. I'm sure the guys like Xin (but more willing to spend money), who dont have the time to farm but still wants to play the game to enjoy it (no keyboard smashing and endless frustration), dont mind spending say 200 dollars on some items to bust through certain barriers. When they spend on RMAH, blizz cut 22.5% of all sales. That's a great way to generate income without having to charge monthly fees. They sell you a 60 dollar game, they have no obligations to keep updates. They can just sell it and leave it, and let others figure out things, but unlike Wow (13 dollars monthly anyone!), they have to make money else where. And this leads me to believe RMAH is their ending scheme to generate the most money.

So if I believe they intend to make money through RMAH, then I would think the Attack speed nerf is not the last big nerf. Whatever flavor of the month is will be nerfed soon. This creates gear change and people who use RMAH are forced to spend more to buy gears. What's flavor of month this month? Crit/crit damage! Pure crit build full burst DPS gears for all classes!! Isnt it this way with all classes now?

Barb: Cant kill stuff? Buy 2x1h Mace/Axe with 800+dps 200+str 70+crit damage+socket!
DH: No DPS?! Buy a 2h Crossbow with 1150+dps 200dex 70 crit damage + socket!
Monk: Attack speed nerfed, my LoH cant sustain in fights anymore for act2!! Buy 2x1h fists with 800+dps 200+dex 70 crit damage with socket!!

Sigh, flavor of month! I feel a crit damage + socket nerf coming!! Which forces players to buy other types of gears. Main stat buff anyone? Defensive builds with life regen and damage reduction? Maybe everyone should use shields like WD tanks!

So ya lots of rambling today as I got facerolled by molten/fast/shielding Tremors over and over. After finally busting through after like 15 deaths (GG for loading up seigebreaker instead of azmodan), i meet a pack of molten/shielding/vortex occulists just as I enter level 2 heart of damned. GG, after like 5 deaths I realize it's not possible to beat that combo and just had to reload.

With prices the way it is, it's very possible to beat act1 on 200k worth of gears. I had to vendor a 1150+dps 2h with 100+strength and socket, cause it didnt sell at 20k. Any barb/monk can roll aroudn act1 with about 400-500 resist and 35k hp on 20k dps. Those stats are not hard to obtained as when i was gearing my DH (originally wanted to spend the minimum), I was able to aquire good gears for like 10-20k each. Gears like 170+dex with vit and all resist boots (since the min for dex boots is aroudn 200+ for it to sell decently), 80+dex bracers with crit, 150+dex gloves with 25 crit damage, 100+dex with light resist on both chest and pants with two sockets in chest and 1 in pants. I didnt have to camp long for these items, and if you really wanted to go cheap, just buy some blue rings and amulet, and a helm with main stat and a socket.

Also anyone who wants to farm act2 (bring some dps or at least be open to change your build depending on the spot), add me Emao#1902

dazedboy Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 17:05:14

After rereading my last post, I realize for barbs to get to 400-500 resist, it prolly cost more, but i guess 250 will do for barbs since they have shout.

madjsp Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 17:25:08

My monk was finally able to beat act 2. I had more issues in the desolate sands than I did with belial. I have 32k unbuffed dps with 630 resists and a dodge chance of 59% and act e elites destroy me.

I hope they don't nerf crit damage as I have a 37%chance to crit and 240% crit damage.
-jonathan

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 17:40:30

My last login to D3 was 5 days ago. The game just isn't cutting it, there is no desire to play it, unless the hardcore group I play with are also online and we all agree to log on.

For people who have never played D1 or D2 before, I'm fairly sure the game is fine. In fact, if D3 was released as a differently named game, I'm sure it would have been ok.

However, for the rest of us, D3 just isn't the spiritual successor of D2/D1 in any form, it leaves us feeling very disappointed that D3 didn't capture the "essence" of what made D2/D1 great.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 12th 2012, 17:51:51

D2 was also lazy game design. It's pretty much the original gauntlet from the 1980s with improved graphics and "items".
Honestly gauntlet was more fun :P

The fact that D3 isn't really like D2/D1 doesn't bother me. I judge games on if they are fun or not.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

maverickmd Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 18:10:41

madjsp you should be able to easily get 800-1000 resist all with your passive ability.

Stack resist all +70 on each peice and then also ONLY stack one additional resist on each piece (say physcial resist) its super easy to get 110-120 resist all if you are stacking correctly.

madjsp Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 18:19:31

Originally posted by maverickmd:
madjsp you should be able to easily get 800-1000 resist all with your passive ability.

Stack resist all +70 on each peice and then also ONLY stack one additional resist on each piece (say physcial resist) its super easy to get 110-120 resist all if you are stacking correctly.

I'm cheap. i have some stacked items, but not all of them have both + vitality.
-jonathan

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 19:07:44

The fact that D3 isn't really like D2/D1 doesn't bother me. I judge games on if they are fun or not.

It bothers me because D3 as a game by itself isn't all that fun either. I've explained my reasons on page 1 of this thread (a lot of the reasons I listed does not involve a comparison to D2).

maverickmd Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 19:50:02

The combat is pretty fun. I got stuck on Diablo inferno with my wiz and just said enough is enough.