Thank you, please come back soon!

Rick Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 0:23:34

Detah!

Detmer Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 0:28:28

Originally posted by madjsp:
fluff happens.

Yes it does. And sometimes it is done by people who are afraid that people 1/4 their size might stand up to their abuse. I suppose letting AxA know that I knew what they were up to would scare him even more. Whatever, PDM isn't afraid of anybody and Collab just bit off more than they can chew. I guess that is why all of the components of Collab have historically been folders and mergers.

Is PDM about to be tag killed? Certainly.

Did PDM deserve it? Not as much as Collab since we weren't the original agressors but we did certainly respond which could warrant them flipping out, their call there.

Is PDM going to die off? Definitely not.

Is Collab afraid of an alliance 1/4 it's size? Yellow as an egg yolk.

Will Collab suffer for this? Absolutely.

Thomas Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 0:30:03

I find it funny that you can say Collab is afraid of PDM, when Collab took on SoL 1 on 1 and beat them, despite them having more countries than us.

AxAlar Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 0:33:06

Yeah detmer, we're not even at war with you.. just testing out a new policy thats special for PDM.

You annoy us, we kill a random amount of countries.

At some point you might get the message. We may have been the original aggressors, but we were ready to end hositilities. Topfeeding us, RoRing and having countries suicide us just doesn't do that for us.

We wont suffer. You can count on that.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Detmer Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 0:36:59

Alright, well we shall see then.

madjsp Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 0:37:56

He has spoken.

Am I a member yet?
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Thomas Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 0:39:58

Have Wari fire up the All-SR Counter Strike.

madjsp Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 0:41:59

We must fear PDM. They are the almighty!

WOOHOO, finally a member.

Edited By: madjsp on Jun 28th 2010, 0:42:17
See Original Post
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Jelly

Jun 28th 2010, 0:44:26

Taking bets on which sides will give up first.

Yamaha Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 1:12:15

Finally this crappy web of politics that we call Earth has become a war game... I'm interested again :)

Edited By: Yamaha on Jun 28th 2010, 1:13:42
See Original Post
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

Sir Balin Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 1:14:05

Originally posted by AxAlar:
We may have been the original aggressors, but we were ready to end hositilities. Topfeeding us, RoRing and having countries suicide us just doesn't do that for us.

We wont suffer. You can count on that.

lol

M m i x X Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 1:18:35

lol
-=(M m i x X)=-

Thomas Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 1:20:23

lol

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 1:32:08

why is it that alliances that have no hope of winning with or without the fs always claim the alliance that hit them to be affraid of them...

sol blindsiding collab a smaller while they netgain shows fear
collab fs'ing a larger sol while they war prep'd, does not
and collab fs'ing pdm over general grabbing crap, really does not show fear

collab arnt crap enough to be affraid of what a fully war prep'd 15 man tag is capable of, atleast, i dont think they are.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 1:34:03

Usually the bigger alliance IS afraid of getting 15 suiciders all at once. Not afraid of losing a standard war.
Smarter than your average bear.

Sir Balin Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 1:55:55

Agree with SS. But with barely a thread of justification for the war and Detmer posting about "full force retaliation," it doesn't seem like a brilliant idea. Thomas got pissy when he farmed PDM and someone grabbed him back and AxA operates from a mother hen perspective. The only members still playing in PDM wanted to quit the damned game a couple sets back but keep getting strung along by stuff like this. So at least we know PDM will be around a couple more sets to see how we can most effectively respond to this fluff.

wari Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 2:02:51

Well, retirement was fun.

But not as much fun as this is going to be. You are soft, you will lose. Wait for it.

Thomas Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 2:57:31

There's my pal Wari...

... So what's the gameplan? Going to lead the men to an all Stir Rebellion attack? Or maybe it's going to be a mass Cause Dissension and Bomb Airbase attack. The best offense is a good defense approach?

joe2 Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 2:59:17

PDM continues to cause its own problems...It's collab this set that you chose to cause problems with...laf or na last set and so on...who will it be next set?

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 3:00:04

Where would the mystery in life be if we gave you all the answers joe?
Smarter than your average bear.

joe2 Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 3:00:57

true it wouldn't be as much fun if I knew everything

Yamaha Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 4:16:09

Someone's got to stir the pot, or this game will get as stale as this forum.
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

OGT Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 4:23:09

detmer is the game, you know that, we in collab know that.

We wanted land, we grabbed land, you all suicided and RoR's, we kill now.

Tell me if this wasn't reversed that you wouldn't do the same thing, happened to SancT in EC repeatedly by Tie which is why we went to 1a cause we just wanted to netgain, like don't act like you don't know why this is all happening the way it is.

deal with it by recruiting and showing that your clan gives a damn, no real FA contact usually enforces the actions the clan i am in has taken.

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 4:32:28

I AM A FUZZY MONKEY! BOW TO ME!

*humps OGT*

*throws poo at thomas*
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Drow Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 5:41:04

"See now what we have here, is FAILURE to COMMUNICATE!"
most of what you say here axa is true, and thin though it is, is justification for war.
However, when it comes to failing to communicate I would say collab have been just as guilty. KR's on one of our members without even giving us a heads up? Yeah thats a little rude. Do I believe our member deserved it? Partly. You farmed us, he responded in kind, and continued after the DNH. (thats why I say justified). Anyways meh. Let's have some fun :)
you say this isn't a war? No worries. You have chosen to apply FFR to us after ridiculing us for the same thing? Even better :D
i know its nothing personal at the end of the day, so I shall amuse myself as much as I can methinks :)

Retired Earth type.

Thomas Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 9:12:06

I'm going to have sex with Drow on the battlefield.

TAN Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 9:26:51

I'm pissed, not because of the war, but because I put so much damn effort into that country!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

ld Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 11:01:46

yea sorry tan nothing personal, i honestly think you should still do some FA work, i think we could have avoided this entirely...

but hopefully we all learn from this and realize that farming established alliances is not only rude and uncalled for but will cause everyone's set to be a bit more "unpleasant". We all no the repercussions of this. As for the other side of things, polite FA work is usually rewarded, and if not atleast your members will thank you for trying. If the larger clan will not respect you then you must do what is necessary to earn it. I don't think that is the case here. We respect alliances as old as PDM but we are disagreeing with the way certain members went about this situation.

Clearly it was the mis-communication between alliances that caused this, but had I or any other leader of collab been approached appropriately we could have worked this out with reparations, or even some type of formal (temporary atleast) pacting. Blame the politics of the game, but usually it has to be the smaller alliances that must go out of their way to make friends in this game, and that is what keeps the smaller alliances out of this mess in the first place.

good luck to you all at PDM

LD
collab FA type

TAN Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 11:31:02

funny how there is no mention of Collab leaders approaching.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Drow Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 12:50:26

doesn't help when collab leaders declare their intent to farm an alliance at the outset...
tell ya what. let us have thomas for the rest of the set as our hump toy, and we will happily call this a big misunderstanding ;)

Retired Earth type.

TAN Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 12:52:26

as much as we want to blame Thomas, Drow, it takes an alliance to do what they did, and many other Collab members made hits.

Thomas probably was cheerleading an escalation, but he's not the problem.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 28th 2010, 13:24:48

hey... what?

what happened to the LaF hate :(

but ya, when you're getting killed by a different alliance every set and consistently claiming it's everyone else's fault, you generally need to look in the mirror and fix your internal problems.

The problems have come from within PDM for years, and they don't really seem to realize that yet. Every war PDM fights is a war they put themselves into and generally force the hand of the alliances that kill them.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

TAN Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 13:27:06

Pang, look at the news history of Collab and PDM before pointing the finger at us. It speaks for itself.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 13:35:07

Originally posted by TAN:
Pang, look at the news history of Collab and PDM before pointing the finger at us. It speaks for itself.

Come on TAN, no one wants to let the facts get in the way of a good accusation!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 28th 2010, 13:37:32

I don't think the actual news really matters as much as the overall culture fostered within PDM. if collab was farming pdm (which is what I guess TAN is alluding to) then it's something that PDM needs to work on to avoid being the target of grabbers. It's not that hard to maintain retal capabilities if you spend about 10 minutes discussing it prior to the set starting :p

you guys need both an attitude adjustment and some reforming of your strats and such. Playing the same way you played when you were a 80+ member alliance with one of the most active dev guys in the game leading are gone, and you probably need to adapt to the changing environment, like most smaller alliances do.

Or kick up recruiting :p
We're working on expanding the player base for you!!! (also, for everyone else :p)

I'm not saying this to be mean, I feel that PDM has the ability to become a great alliance again, you guys just need to make some steps in a positive direction, rather than letting your hatred and anger blind your decision making and believing antiquated methods still work in today's environment.

Edited By: Pangaea on Jun 28th 2010, 13:38:55
See Original Post
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

TAN Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 13:41:06

Pang, no offense, but you don't know anything about the culture in PDM.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the farming. Yes, I am berating the leaders for not having any retal-capable countries, but Collab's hypocrisy in farming us then crying foul when we do the same to them is also very much an issue.

I think at this point, if PDM gets into any problem, you just point the finger at us and say it's our fault without even considering extenuating circumstances.

You've become conditioned to blaming PDM for *everything* now whenever we run into a problem.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 13:44:09

Originally posted by Pangaea:
I don't think the actual news really matters as much as the overall culture fostered within PDM. if collab was farming pdm (which is what I guess TAN is alluding to) then it's something that PDM needs to work on to avoid being the target of grabbers. It's not that hard to maintain retal capabilities if you spend about 10 minutes discussing it prior to the set starting :p

you guys need both an attitude adjustment and some reforming of your strats and such. Playing the same way you played when you were a 80+ member alliance with one of the most active dev guys in the game leading are gone, and you probably need to adapt to the changing environment, like most smaller alliances do.

Or kick up recruiting :p
We're working on expanding the player base for you!!! (also, for everyone else :p)

I'm not saying this to be mean, I feel that PDM has the ability to become a great alliance again, you guys just need to make some steps in a positive direction, rather than letting your hatred and anger blind your decision making and believing antiquated methods still work in today's environment.

Umm, its when we started buying up jets to retal that Collab freaked out internally and decided to hit us. Not because we were ABing or anything else we should have done, but because we got retal ready. This is about Collab being afraid of us standing up to them (and ironically within their preferred mechanism of retaliation). This is about them trying to keep us down. This is not ThatGuy opposing the excessive farming of LaF and going on a grabbing spree on principle.

Detmer Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 13:44:40

Although I am not opposed to us kicking up recruiting or having a person or two run a CI or TTR =P

Drow Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 13:58:19

Pang. I agree with you. the failure to communicate on BOTH sides is what caused this in the end, and MY failure (as someone who SHOULD know better) to ensure that we had retallers from the outside also brought this in.
sides. it's not LaF personally I hate, just your own attitudes and policies :p

add to that I am a warmonger, I am quite happy blowing up whoever. in fact if you look through this thread, I am about the only person unconcerned by us being attacked, and also admitting that there was basis and justfication :p

now given I am PDM's VP, to say that all pdm leaders automatically try to point the blame elsewhere is not entirely true.

however, I am still also correct in stating that thomas intended to farm us from the outset regardless of consequence, so to THAT it is my fault for not ensuring we could respond to THOMAS in kind from the outset.
it is a downer that collab never spoke to me at any stage though.

Retired Earth type.

Sir Balin Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 15:43:10

Originally posted by Pangaea:

Could you clarify what you mean by "antiquated methods?" Personally, I feel that "today's environment," if you're referring to the political scene, is a stagnant remnant of the time where the game was filled with many large alliances.

Drow Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 15:51:32

I think he refers to a degree to us trying to throw our weight around in his words 'as if we were an 80+ member alliance still".
not exactly what we are doing.
I think he is saying we should shut up sit in the back corner and slowly fade out altogether :p

Retired Earth type.

Thomas Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 18:45:40

You know, you guys take Lost Lovers word for too much. I said I was going to farm you guys every damn reset and I never did. This set I actually wanted land, and so I was grabbing from the beginning. Land is more scarce this set than it usually is, and so you guys were the unlucky ones.

Now lets look at this... Lost Lovers said I planned to farm you guys. Yeah I made that post. I also made an explanation to that post when the issue came up, but he didn't relay that to you of course. What he did give you was my country information, so nice of him. The country information that got me topfed by your guys and suicided on by an unknown NAer, how convenient.

Look at my news. I didn't start hitting PDM out of the gate. I hit untaggeds, crap tags, and then hit Rogue. But the big thing here is that I stayed clear of Rogue after they put a big ass retal on me. I knew if I hit them again I would get retalled just as hard, so it was pointless to grab them for land I wasn't going to be able to keep.

On the other hand, PDM had NO commie indies and no retal-capable countries. It was easy land, on a land scarce server. You can chalk it up to me planning to farm you guys all you want, if that's what makes you feel better. But if you can think rationally for 5 minutes you would see what I saw. It's not really my fault that you guys didn't organize things on your end at the beginning of the set, if you had you would have had a couple of Commie Indies heavy on the Jets to retal. And none of this would have happened.

Whether it was me or someone else in Collab or someone else in an entirely different tag, you guys were going to lose a lot of land because of your inability to retal.

Detmer Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 19:06:51

Originally posted by Thomas:
You know, you guys take Lost Lovers word for too much. I said I was going to farm you guys every damn reset and I never did. This set I actually wanted land, and so I was grabbing from the beginning. Land is more scarce this set than it usually is, and so you guys were the unlucky ones.

Now lets look at this... Lost Lovers said I planned to farm you guys. Yeah I made that post. I also made an explanation to that post when the issue came up, but he didn't relay that to you of course. What he did give you was my country information, so nice of him. The country information that got me topfed by your guys and suicided on by an unknown NAer, how convenient.

Look at my news. I didn't start hitting PDM out of the gate. I hit untaggeds, crap tags, and then hit Rogue. But the big thing here is that I stayed clear of Rogue after they put a big ass retal on me. I knew if I hit them again I would get retalled just as hard, so it was pointless to grab them for land I wasn't going to be able to keep.

On the other hand, PDM had NO commie indies and no retal-capable countries. It was easy land, on a land scarce server. You can chalk it up to me planning to farm you guys all you want, if that's what makes you feel better. But if you can think rationally for 5 minutes you would see what I saw. It's not really my fault that you guys didn't organize things on your end at the beginning of the set, if you had you would have had a couple of Commie Indies heavy on the Jets to retal. And none of this would have happened.

Whether it was me or someone else in Collab or someone else in an entirely different tag, you guys were going to lose a lot of land because of your inability to retal.

Thomas µ [War-VP]

Alliance: Collab
Server: Earth Council
Divison:
[Best restart - 755 Hits, 203,024 civs - Feb-Mar '10]
Jun 18, 2010 5:54 AM
:)

I made it clear at the end of last set I was going to farm them.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 28th 2010, 19:07:21

meowmix
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

paladin Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 19:14:15

Originally posted by Thomas:
I'm going to have sex with Drow on the battlefield.

*Gets out the camera*

-Paladin
Paradigm Retirement Home Manager
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

wari Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 19:34:18

Cheer up Thomas, your makeup is running.

joe2 Game profile

Jun 28th 2010, 20:04:38

Nice post detmer....then again you could explain how you have access to that thread? Oh wait unless you are doing something you shouldn't be you don't have access to it. Also if you really wanted to screw around with that post you would have posted the whole thread where there was also joking about farming LaF and how PDM should get some retal capable countries. Also that the threads whole point was for Collab to take it easy on PDM and possibly even Pact PDM. But that wouldn't serve your intentions would it?