Verified:

Revolver Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 11:09:34

Did you all vaccine your children ??

bore Game profile

Patron

Oct 17th 2010, 12:00:27

wow, why would you consider not vaccinating your kid?

kwoo346 Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 12:10:26

There are some concerns about whether or not vaccines cause other issues in the long run and unfortunately most of the vaccines we use haven't been out there long enough to discover if there will be complications much later in life. Other people view it as my father generation didn't have all these vaccines and they turned out fine if not better
Vinny Covino
THS President

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 12:28:41

I can't speak as a parent, but my siblings and I (Since ~1990) got the vaccines that they had to offer. They prevent disease and I have not had a problem to date with vaccines.

Anyway, I'm not a parent and will therefore duck out of this thread.
-Angel1

voltron Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 12:47:16

I have vaccinated all 3 of my kids. Most of what they get their shots for are old long time studied problems like Polio and hepatitis. Which has been almost eradicated in the US. Also if you choose not to vaccinate your kids. You have to sign up with the school and if there is problem your kid is told to stay at home which alienates them. So far my oldest child is 6 but she is normal no problems from it. And a lot the problems they talk about ADHD and things like that. I believe people like to have problems and drug companies like to push their medicine. My one friend who is a doctor explained to me and If you think about it next time you go into your doctors office. Look at the people going in to have the doctors push their medicine. It normally is 20 something fairly attractive lady that will work for less then an older person that knows the medicine. They only know what they are told on the medicine they are selling.

My personal opinion is if you discipline your kids. Teach them respect early their behavior problems will not be there.

Ruthie

Oct 17th 2010, 13:31:30

I would never have considered NOT vaccinating my kids.

I wouldnt have considered medicating them for behavorial issues like ADHD and such.

The only shots they didnt get was the chicken pox vaccine but its more dangerous for them to not have them vaccinated against polio, diptheria, tetnus, hepititis, etc. then the vaccines are.

And as voltron said, schools require vaccinations so that could be a major issue.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Ladijapri Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 13:41:30

Mine are all vaccinated as well, even the chicken pox vaccine. I held off on the chicken pox for a few years but now it is required here.

As for ADHD, I have a child with it. It has nothing do do with discipline. My childrern are all respectful, well behaved and good students including the one with ADHD. We have been dealing with his issues for 7 years and have done as much research on the subject as we can. It is extremely annoying when people make blanket statements about things they know nothing about
You go away now or we will farm your pimple covered ass!

crazyserb Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 15:59:35

revolver whatever they tell you to do over there just do it...

hey ladijapari what are symptoms of ADHD and how did you guys find out your kid has it?

Ladijapri Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 16:11:34

The most obvious symptoms are hyperactivity and impulsivity. As they get older they have diffuculty in areas that require concentration and organization such reading and writing. We have to sit with my son and help him organize his thoughts when it comes to writing and the school has stratgies in place to help him when needed. He is gradually out growing the hyperactivity but will always have trouble with the attention. If parents are on top of things and act like parents it can be managed without medications but I would never ever condem a parent who chooses the med route.
You go away now or we will farm your pimple covered ass!

mrford Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 16:24:50

I have gotten my kid every vaccination that his age allows, and will continue to do so.

As for ADHD. I mysefs was diagnosed with ADHD at age 6. I was on rittalin and adderol from age 6 to age 18 then I stopped because it was my call at that point and I hated that fluff. I do remember seeing the school consulor quite often, and thinking back, I remember going to the doctors office a few tes a month at an early age. They would put me in a room with numerous toys and such, and watch me through a 2 sided mirror. I was extremely young, so these memories are pretty fuzzy, but it was in the early 90s, just before ADHD exploded and ppl were overmedicated for it.

I hated the drugs that I was on for that fluff. I remember having to take pills 3 times a day, the nurse would come into the class and single me out and give me the pills. Once I got older, the effect of the medacine was drastic. I believe it got to the point to where my system became reliant on the drugs. If I missed even one day of the pills, I would be off the walls. Even when I was 18 and stopped taking it, I felt like a stupidly hyperactive kid again for a month or so.

I am hugely against ADHD medications. If my kid is diagnosed with ADHD (he's only 13 months old right now) I will not medicate him for it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 16:25:40

*points to General Talk*
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Revolver Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 16:57:58

thanks to your replies.

The reason I asked is simple, my son will be 2 months this week, and tuesday we have a scheduled date with the pediatrician and we have to give vaccine. We are thinking over it for more than 1 month.

1 of the reason for this long thinking is that my brother's daughter had VERY bad reaction to Polyo vaccine. 1 hour after vaccine, she have very violent convulsions and had problems breathing. After that, they didn't give another single vaccine and she is a VERY healthy child. Also, as a parent, we have to consider all risks and right now, it is very hard because there are risks with not vaccinating our son, but there are also risks with vaccinating him..

My wife (Elvengirl) and I finally reached an agreement to vaccine.. we will give the basic vaccines and nothing more.. We will buy either Pentaxim or Infanrix vaccines. These 2 vaccines are a mix of 5 vaccines including diphteria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, invasive infections caused by Haemophilus influenzae type b (such as meningitis, septicaemia, cellulitis, arthritis, epiglottitis, pneumopathy and osteomyelitis). The polio (considered as the most risky) is not activated and the pertussis is acellular, so the traditional more risky vaccines are as safe as the others now. Our pediatrician told us to go with the pentaxim in order to avoir potential bad reactions from injecting a live polio vaccine. Also, We inject that vaccine 3 times total and that's it.

This vaccine is the compromise between 'Pro-Vaccine' and 'Anti-Vaccine'. It's the 5 most important vaccines with dimunished risks.

Loafer Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 17:49:12

I've vaccinated my son.

You don't only vaccinate for the health and safety of your child, but for everyone that he/she will meet.

The reason a lot of people don't get these diseases are that they have been vaccinated against to prevent them from spreading.

Even if your child is healthy, vaccinate for the sake of others. Just as employees must wash hands :)

ponderer Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 17:53:24

Originally posted by Loafer:
I've vaccinated my son.

You don't only vaccinate for the health and safety of your child, but for everyone that he/she will meet.

The reason a lot of people don't get these diseases are that they have been vaccinated against to prevent them from spreading.

Even if your child is healthy, vaccinate for the sake of others. Just as employees must wash hands :)

To emphasize, one or two of those vaccines (I forget which ones) are for diseases that don't adversely affect children, but they can act as carriers and those diseases can be fatal to the elderly and newborns.
m0m0rific

Marshal Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 18:18:25

some kids might have got narcolepsy due pigflu vaccine, no scientific evidents yet.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 18:20:12

He's refering to standard child vaccines Marshal

not specific flu and epademic ones.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 17th 2010, 18:27:39

Vaccinations are very important; they only protect society if everybody gets them.

Also, all this media about there being risks is mostly bunk, none of the scientific community is on board with that. It's the same thing with this anti-evolution and anti-global-warming and anti-we-landed-on-the-moon and anti-the-earth-is-a-sphere stuff.
Finally did the signature thing.

Revolver Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 18:47:05

which is why we will vaccine our son. The anti-vaccines sources arent credible enough and for the sake of others. Though, like in any business area, pharmaceuticals are spreading the words they need to in order to get their business running. I sure hope we take the right decision. If you consider it. Not so many years ago, there were no vaccines at all.

Edited By: Revolver on Oct 17th 2010, 19:11:44
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2010, 21:37:59

I have two kids, Boy and a Girl! I have vaccinated both of them. The benefits far outweigh the risks in my opinion.

mother Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 22:32:22

well, I ain't named Mothther for nuthin.
Actually, HAN gave me that name, I was Norman Bates, until
they said I was " Mother" Last name is not printable here.
Yeah, I vac's mine but apparently not against laziness.
These kids won't do a damned thing. And I don't know what to do about it.
Yeah, throw them out, heard it all before, but the real mother won't allow it. It drives me nuts that I work all day and know they aren't doing a damn thing but making dirty dishes and clothes. WTF,? how many dishes and clothes do you need to play World of warcraft? adult children available here

locket Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 22:34:43

Revolver ever watch the House episode where he is in the clinic with a woman who didnt want to vaccinate? :P

mrford Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 22:44:37

Originally posted by mother:
well, I ain't named Mothther for nuthin.
Actually, HAN gave me that name, I was Norman Bates, until
they said I was " Mother" Last name is not printable here.
Yeah, I vac's mine but apparently not against laziness.
These kids won't do a damned thing. And I don't know what to do about it.
Yeah, throw them out, heard it all before, but the real mother won't allow it. It drives me nuts that I work all day and know they aren't doing a damn thing but making dirty dishes and clothes. WTF,? how many dishes and clothes do you need to play World of warcraft? adult children available here

delete their accounts and stop paying for their Internet and phones!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mother Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 22:48:27

nominates Mr. Ford for Genius of the year.

mrford Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 22:51:14

My brother went through a psycotic episode and got kicked out of HS. He went throgh about a 5 year period of playing FF and WOW and only comming out of his room to eat

my parents finally ot fed up and stopped paying for his accounts and cut the net to his room.

He just now, at age 21, got his drivers liscense, GED, and is taking classes at a community college.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

locket Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 23:11:10

damn 5 years of wow... he must have had some good fluff.

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 0:54:36

The earth is flat, Stanly Kubrick filmed the lunar landing, and human-cause global warming is a hoax aimed at making a select group very rich!

But hey, Evolution is pretty cool.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 1:05:20

The whole thread is too long to read. My kids are vaccinated. However, they are homeborn. Petosin (sp) therapy during delivery has been correlated with autism. Third world nations have better infant mortality rates than the USA. Thus no hospital delivery.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

mrford Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 1:12:26

third world nations also havnt supported the weak with decades of medications and what not. so they are genetically stronger for harsher environments and events like childbirth

dont get me wrong, im all for modern medicine, my life has been saved on a few accounts because of it. but with all this effort being put into supporting the weak and genetically inferior (fluff im starting to sound like hitler), we are weakening our society, genetically, as a whole.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 3:02:08

The amount of kids it saves to the minimal amount who have a bad reaction is massive....

My daughter was..
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

archaic Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 3:07:20

My two kids are fully vaccinated. The anti-vac crowd is ful of crackpots and helicopter moms that are each others favorite source of 'scientific data'. Don't buy into the anti-science BS, take a look at life expectancy curves in the developed world and the third world since 1960.

If they are good enough for the Gate's Foundation to sink 10's of billions of dollars into, they are probably good enough for your kids.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 3:22:29

The Anti Vac lobby that was goingon in Australia with in the last few months had to take their site down or modify the information (cant remember which) because it was plain crap..... Even the quotes they were using were crap too...
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Tross Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 3:26:54

my kids are also fully vaccinated but I dont believe all vaccines are good or at least not for everyone.

Anthrax vaccine
Bubonic plagu vaccine
black plauge vaccine

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 6:05:51

This thread amuses me. So much hate for the Anti-Vac crowd because there is no credible link yet to autism, ADHD, et al. Doesn't this work both ways? Do we have scientific proof that the current vaccine regimen isn't responsible for the increased rates of autism?

After all, pharmaceutical companies would never doctor data to make their drugs more appealing.

Rather than blindly following the current societal norm, Revolver's family appears to be approaching this issue intelligently - gathering the necessary data and making an informed opinion for themselves. I commend this approach.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Revolver Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:19:51

Hey guys / gals,

1st, thank you Viceroy, you summarized EXACTLY our situation. The vaccination regime is deep in our roots and people are by default BLINDLY accepting it all WITHOUT QUESTIONING themselves. There are many cases out there that turned into a mess after a baby took a vaccine..

I just wanted to know about other experiences. Time started running out for us. Our baby has to get his vaccine tomorrow.

Thanks for telling your experiences, it is appreciated.

We chose not to act blindly and just do what some doctor is telling us. We chose to take an informed decision. There are many sources with practically no credibility, but there are sources that can give you some good informations. These that think we are irresponsible for considering not to give the vaccines, it's your opinion.

For these interested, the final decision is to give the vaccine. We will buy Pentaxim or Infanrix vaccine, the one our pediatrician is recommending us.

An interesting link that reports FACTS for these that are seriously interested into knowing more about vaccines:

Edited By: Revolver on Oct 18th 2010, 8:31:48
See Original Post

Revolver Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:29:43

Originally posted by Revolver:
Hey guys / gals,

1st, thank you Viceroy, you summarized EXACTLY our situation. The vaccination regime is deep in our roots and people are by default BLINDLY accepting it all WITHOUT QUESTIONING OURSELVES.

I just wanted to know about other experiences. Time started running out for us. Our baby has to get his vaccine tomorrow.

Thanks for telling your experiences, it is appreciated.

We chose not to act blindly and just do what some doctor is telling us. We chose to take an informed decision. There are many sources with practically no credibility, but there are sources that can give you some good informations. These that think we are irresponsible for considering not to give the vaccines, it's your opinion.

For these interested, the final decision is to give the vaccine. We will buy Pentaxim or Infanrix vaccine, the one our pediatrician is recommending us.

An interesting link that reports FACTS for these that are seriously interested into knowing more about vaccines:

http://www.healing-arts.org/children/vaccines/

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:30:47

"We chose not to act blindly and just do what some doctor is telling us. We chose to take an informed decision. There are many sources with practically no credibility, but there are sources that can give you some good informations. These that think we are irresponsible for considering not to give the vaccines, it's your opinion."

So a web site where for the most part most people involved are not a doctor off any sort is informed????

The joy of this world is choice......

make yours as you and your wife see fit......

I will take my healthy 11 year old girls as a win for getting all those jabs i sat with her and as a win for her health and every member of 5 generations of English kids cause they made it almost mandatory.....

just wish they could do something about giving ppl the choice to smoke ciggies, maybe i wouldnt of buried so many off them for smoking related cancer.....

<Crippler> 115m NW

Revolver Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:39:54

oups, sorry for the double post.

Read down the page to know who wrote about it.

It is a doctor summarizing which vaccines and what problems are related to it and why it is so. Nothing bad in it. Just experiences.

It is one site among thousands of them.. Some are interesting to read and giving you real informations and some are not credible.

There are several school of thoughts for many things in this world. It is good to be interested in more than just what you are being told.

And Bsnake, it is not YOU who has a niece or daughter that had a very dangerous experience after receiving the Polio vaccine.

And as I said already, we chose to give the vaccine, but not without being informed as to the risks of giving it and not giving it or what vaccines are more risky, or what are the Pentaxim and Infanrix vaccines that are given in Europe.. etc etc etc. What's there so bad in trying not to be ignorants on the + and - of vaccines ?

Edited By: Revolver on Oct 18th 2010, 8:42:26
See Original Post

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:41:32

no it was my father in law who had polio........

no vaccine in South africa when he was a kid....
<Crippler> 115m NW

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:43:01

Its not just a matter of getting a vaccination. For some, their objections are only with the timeline and not the vaccines themselves.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:43:28

if he had of had the vaccine... no polio.....

not looking to argue with ya, its a personal choice.....

some ppl with have a reaction, part of life, doesnt make it easier....

look at how many kids die of SIDS..... nothing anyone can do it seems, do you not put ur kid to sleep at night?
<Crippler> 115m NW

Revolver Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:47:13

I'm sorry for your Father in law. That is why I asked for others experience. It is a good source of information.. Science is great, but knowing others experiences can give people directions aswell.

What Viceroy said is summarizing our point of view well.

Originally posted by Viceroy:
This thread amuses me. So much hate for the Anti-Vac crowd because there is no credible link yet to autism, ADHD, et al. Doesn't this work both ways? Do we have scientific proof that the current vaccine regimen isn't responsible for the increased rates of autism?

After all, pharmaceutical companies would never doctor data to make their drugs more appealing.

Rather than blindly following the current societal norm, Revolver's family appears to be approaching this issue intelligently - gathering the necessary data and making an informed opinion for themselves. I commend this approach.

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:52:50

we are lucky to get the choice mate....

i live in Australia and TB was cured..... but in the last 5-10 years it is now a concern cause of ppl coming from places where TB is common.....

its only one example....

if your family(s) have a history of bad reactions to medication etc then i commend you for your approach...

my family is lucky our deaths are our own stupidity in most cases... vacination has worked and lack of has hurt one side of it.....
<Crippler> 115m NW

Revolver Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:57:16

SIDS is another reason we questioned about it all.. We had the unfortunate idea to informed ourselves a lot about SIDS.

Here are some causes of SIDS:

- Children sleeping on the tummy with a pillow (Our child will not sleep on the back or side, I can tell you that it made my own sleep very light for a while)

- Some vaccines are related to SIDS. (DTaP is the one with the most of cases)

- Lack of proper nutrition... etc etc..

SIDS happens because of negligences. Vaccines are a lot like SIDS. It is not negative to seek for informations about all difference experiences. During the first year of his life, the child is injected a lot of vaccines and there are many doctors that are defending the theory that vaccines are slowing down the natural development of the immune system.. These are things that are good to know. Vaccinating is a choice. It's not me that decided to make it a choice.. They give a choice.. then I pound the options. Just natural.

Revolver Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 9:00:23

Originally posted by Bsnake:
we are lucky to get the choice mate....

i live in Australia and TB was cured..... but in the last 5-10 years it is now a concern cause of ppl coming from places where TB is common.....

its only one example....

if your family(s) have a history of bad reactions to medication etc then i commend you for your approach...

my family is lucky our deaths are our own stupidity in most cases... vacination has worked and lack of has hurt one side of it.....

Bad experience with vaccines is mainly what drove us.. But by reading a lot about the Anti-Vac and Pro-Vac crowd, we judged that the risks of not vaccinating are outnumbering the risks of vaccinating. So we decided to vaccine. Better prevent than being sorry + every decisions we make in life are implicating some risks at one point.

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 9:02:59

yeah SIDS has had a massive amount of coverage over here... so all those points are common knowledge to new parents...

lots of things about parent are random mate.....

you can do all you like but kids do dumb fluff and die.....

vigilence is great but kids are kids.... way too many kids die of silly things in this world, but we are lucky to live in countries that offer choices.....

lets face facts the medical systems we have now are keeping unfit ppl alive much longer than any time in our history.... is that right or not..... but we are living longer than any time before...
<Crippler> 115m NW

Revolver Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 9:16:58

Your English from what I understood ?

My wife was reading and interacting with English women on the Babycenter.co.uk . The phenomenon is huged in England and mothers don't take it lightly. Thanks to it, we could get a lot of informations, read about a lot of experiences and everything.. SIDS is in a big part caused by neglecting parents.. But to know all the other possible causes is really important.. In the beginning, it really made me paranoid, but then It calmed down because we are sensibilized to the phenomenon.

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 9:39:23

I was born and rasied there.... vacines were compuslary for lots of schools if i remeber.....

i fathered a daughter in Australia where it is parents choice....

with my father in law(at the time) having had polio as a child and lucky to be walking it was not an issue for us.....

the effort u are putting into learning about what is right and wrong will hold in u good stead for being good parents....

but remember not everything is learnt in a book or online.... sometimes instinct and gut feelings are important...

human race has managed to survive b4 all the experts got a say ;)
<Crippler> 115m NW

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 18th 2010, 17:29:02

Viceroy:

Scientific evidence that vaccines work:
http://en.wikipedia.org/...tancy_variation_over_time

We've eradicated smallpox, and could eradicate further if people would stick to vaccination; the problem with "the parents choice" or "informed decision" is that vaccination only works if you vaccinate *darn near everybody*

If you have even 10% of people choosing to not vaccinate their children, that could be disastrous to the population when/if said disease begins to run rampant again.

With vaccines the risks are miniscule to take them compared to the risk of actually getting the disease later in life.

There is so much obvious evidence that vaccines work, that to suggest otherwise is practically ludicrous, and must be backed up with actual clinical studies, and not just a few bits of anecdotal evidence.
Finally did the signature thing.

archaic Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 17:43:53

The reason its an issue in the US is because of two groups:

-the home-schooling prevalence among the anti-everything crowd. Science is not a very welcome guest in the homes of a lot of home-schoolers.

-the hyper-involved 'bored affluent WSAP' that can afford to send kids to alternative private schools.

It's actually kind of ironic that it is one of the rare topics that unites the 'hyper-conservative fundementalist christian conspiracy theorist' and the 'hyper-liberal socially active granola nazi's'. Both groups have an equally strong track record regarding understanding of scientific data.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 7:48:27

qzjul, I do believe that vaccines work. I wasn't trying to argue against them. All I'm claiming is there is still plenty that remains unknown - or not completely known - about them, to include combining multiple vaccines and the intervals at which various vaccines should be administered to maximize safety and effectiveness.

To put this argument into a different context, I think this parallels the argument that currently exists against genetically engineered food, which is especially big in Europe from what I understand. World Hunger is near epidemic levels in many parts of the world, yet many people believe genetically engineering food to make it hardier and more resistant to disease is evil and none of it should be eaten - no matter how hungry one gets. Childhood nutrition is pretty important too.