Verified:

TAN Game profile

Jun 25th 2010, 22:19:10

Hey guys, can anyone direct me to that image that some good fellows here put together of the "alliance tree", where all the origins of the alliances and stuff (who merged from where...etc) is listed?

It's some hideously ugly graphic but very informative of every alliance's origins.

Thanks.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

OGT Game profile

Jun 25th 2010, 22:24:39

it wasn't all that acurate

TAN Game profile

Jun 25th 2010, 22:26:55

would be nice to have the graphic anyways.

i'll use that information to make a new graphic that doesn't look like someone ate a bowl full of dog fluff and puked it out (but make no mistake, i still appreciate the work that was put into it).

and of course i'll need help from all the old school players in making it more accurate.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

OGT Game profile

Jun 25th 2010, 22:32:58

hmm, i do not have the link unfortunately.

Sifos Game profile

Jun 25th 2010, 23:24:38

That pic belongs on the wiki!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

mrford Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 0:05:23

Don't be a lazy fluff and go look for it on the jolt forums.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 0:07:28

are the forums still up? give me a link then, cause i deleted the link a long time ago.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 14:32:11

I might have time to dig it up tomorrow... pretty sure I have it saved on an old HD

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 15:52:17

http://evolution2025.com/gen2.GIF

You mean that one?

BTW, it's very accurate; it's just nowhere near finished, and I doubt it'll ever be finished.

Edited By: NukEvil on Jun 26th 2010, 15:53:14. Reason: Clarification
See Original Post
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

TAN Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 15:57:20

yeah that's the one, thanks.

god it's a clusterfluff lol
FREEEEEDOM!!!

TAN Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 15:58:31

well, camelot is on one side of the page and PDM is on the other, but camelot merged into PDM, so there's at least one inaccuracy. as for the rest, i can't say, so i'll take your word for it.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 16:01:13

Yeah, I kinda started to make an excel spreadsheet of it, just so that it'd actually be searchable, but then I realized 1) it would be a huge file when I got done with it, and 2) it'd probably end up being even harder to build than the .GIF was in MSPaint.

So good luck. And make it searchable while you're at it.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 16:07:43

Originally posted by TAN:
well, camelot is on one side of the page and PDM is on the other, but camelot merged into PDM, so there's at least one inaccuracy. as for the rest, i can't say, so i'll take your word for it.

Yeah, every bit of that came from Tirol's old, old alliance tree, built as a text file.

http://evolution2025.com/alliancetree.txt

Didn't really have anything else to go on, but people were helpful in weeding out most of the inaccuracies of that text file. I don't recall anyone saying anything about Camelot merging into PDM on the old jolt boards.

Edited By: NukEvil on Jun 26th 2010, 16:08:24
See Original Post

TAN Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 16:11:12

it's our own fault for not being more observant. sorry bout that.

sir balin, sir detmer...etc can confirm on Camelot merging into PDM.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 16:16:43

Meh, don't worry about it. I can easily fix that, but I need to know exactly how Camelot merged into PDM. According to Tirol's tree, they split off into TR and Kindreds, and you can see how the text file says they went afterwards. Is that accurate? Did Camelot split off of any of those other alliances? Or was Camelot its own alliance before they went into PDM? Or was it another, later, Camelot that went into PDM?

Btw, if you can do a better job at creating a tree than I did, the more power to you. But I warn you: you will need lots of time and patience. At first, it'll be kinda like having sex. Later on, however, it'll be like your partner is screaming at you, wanting you to go ahead and get it over with.

*shudder*

TAN Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 16:26:27

I'm not sure how Camelot merged, we'll have to wait for a Camelotian to chime in.

I'll see what I can do with the tree, although don't hold your breath for it. Won't be working on it anytime soon.

Is there a way to kind of "favorite" this thread for future reference?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 17:15:17

Camelot did not merge in.

I got fed up with a bunch of fluff in Camelot and left for PDM. I recruited various Camelotians in and it sort of snowballed. First it was me and a maybe Sir Sun and verger in Stormreavers, then we got like Sir Greyson and maybe Sir Balin and formed into the Camelot team. Then we recruited more and people like Maro and Mordie and Jouster came and formed the Camelot division. As a division people like f0o, Skyreaper and Sir Acheron joined and were knighted when Camelot was an entity in PDM.

TAN Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 17:20:04

well that pretty much makes it a merger, doesn't it? :P

in other news, TAN is pwnd again.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 17:32:11

Wow I am shocked that WAR is actually on that tree. That was a looooooooooooooooooooooong time ago and we weren't even that significant :P
Smarter than your average bear.

wari Game profile

Jun 26th 2010, 17:37:05

Originally posted by NukEvil:

Btw, if you can do a better job at creating a tree than I did, the more power to you. But I warn you: you will need lots of time and patience. At first, it'll be kinda like having sex.

I think you're having sex wrong.

Just saying.

OGT Game profile

Jun 27th 2010, 0:16:26

nukevil thats not the version i saw last, last one i saw was off by alot and didn't even have sanct on there.

glad someone fixed it up;)

Snarf Game profile

Jun 27th 2010, 4:58:36

The old version of Camelot had a few members split off led by Calgorac who joined The Fist for a reset then left and formed Knights of the Rose which eventually became Kindred. I think the version that ended up with PDM was second version of Camelot.

Detmer Game profile

Jun 27th 2010, 16:33:00

Originally posted by Snarf:
The old version of Camelot had a few members split off led by Calgorac who joined The Fist for a reset then left and formed Knights of the Rose which eventually became Kindred. I think the version that ended up with PDM was second version of Camelot.

Nope.

Edit: That being said, how you doing Snarf? Long time no see.

Edited By: Detmer on Jun 27th 2010, 16:33:26
See Original Post

Snarf Game profile

Jun 27th 2010, 16:50:11

Not bad just can't find enough interesting things around here to post much any more.

Sir Balin Game profile

Jun 27th 2010, 18:33:00

A bunch of old Camelot just kind of found their way to PDM, until there were enough old Camelotians to start a Camelot division in PDM, which for many years just flat out owned all the other divisions. At that point it became desirable to be in the Camelot division, and we did several new knightings. So the second version of Camelot was a regrouping of old Camelot which gained some momentum inside of PDM.

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 5th 2010, 18:09:16

So technically, the graphic is accurate in that regard, then...

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 5th 2010, 18:19:44

You could try using FreeMind Nuk :)

http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

mind mapping stuff might be useful for this...
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 5th 2010, 18:57:08

Elysium/Rome gets always forgotten
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Imperial Game profile

Jul 6th 2010, 4:35:23

There were a number of clans missing on that tree.. I had made a post on the old jolt forums about it but never followed up lol

SX and KoTG are two I can think of off the top of my head.

Beltshumeltz Game profile

Jul 6th 2010, 5:43:39

Qzjul, NukEvil will hate you for not showing him the link earlier :P

I'd like to tell people to contact me when you need files of any sort as I've backed up practically everything public that there is about this game.

Beltshumeltz Game profile

Jul 6th 2010, 5:43:49

Originally posted by Beltshumeltz:
Qzjul, NukEvil will hate you for not showing him the link earlier :P

I'd like to invite people to contact me when you need files of any sort as I've backed up practically everything public that there is about this game.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 6th 2010, 20:05:55

ok Beltz does complete Alliance/Council tree which is 100% correct. :P

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 6th 2010, 20:38:39

what happened to fluff?
:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Marshal Game profile

Jul 6th 2010, 21:11:22

it got killed and sent to black hole.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 7th 2010, 13:36:57

no, that's what happens when I delete cheaters in FFA
:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 14:04:45

Originally posted by qzjul:
You could try using FreeMind Nuk :)

http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

mind mapping stuff might be useful for this...

FreeMind expects there to be a single root element, and Earth:2025 has a whole lot of root elements. If FreeMind let me create more than 1 root element, then I might be able to use it...

llaar Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 15:03:00

orcs merged into paradigm
tics merged into paradigm into the orcs division (which included me)
balin, sun, verger were in orcs... then as orcs grew and grew, a decision was made to split orcs in half and make an orcs and a camelot division from the orcs division due to some of the players' old camelot roots.
fast forward 2 years, pdm is dying off, and membership is hurting, and the orcs division is closed off. camelot still remained
then i create NA in FFA. i create an orcs division and an LaE division, to keep the names alive, in NA, as our first 2 divisions. i recruit some old buddies over the years and we've had old orcs/lae people play in orcs/lae NA, including gabber currently who ran the orcs clan many moons ago.

therefore, camelot was not a merger into pdm
likewise, orcs or lae were not a mergers into NA
they were both created as division by previous members wanting to keep the name alive

my 2 cents on the matter :P

Detmer Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 15:10:59

Originally posted by llaar:
orcs merged into paradigm
tics merged into paradigm into the orcs division (which included me)
balin, sun, verger were in orcs... then as orcs grew and grew, a decision was made to split orcs in half and make an orcs and a camelot division from the orcs division due to some of the players' old camelot roots.
fast forward 2 years, pdm is dying off, and membership is hurting, and the orcs division is closed off. camelot still remained
then i create NA in FFA. i create an orcs division and an LaE division, to keep the names alive, in NA, as our first 2 divisions. i recruit some old buddies over the years and we've had old orcs/lae people play in orcs/lae NA, including gabber currently who ran the orcs clan many moons ago.

therefore, camelot was not a merger into pdm
likewise, orcs or lae were not a mergers into NA
they were both created as division by previous members wanting to keep the name alive

my 2 cents on the matter :P

That's true, Camelot did spend some time as a team in Orcs... forgot about that...

mrford Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 17:04:45

I like this thread

learnedded some thangs up in hrrrrr
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

llaar Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 17:23:18

well i don't forget something like when half my buddies leave my division... :P

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 7th 2010, 18:44:06

Hmmm
use "Earth2025" as the root element

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 19:01:00

Originally posted by qzjul:
Hmmm
use "Earth2025" as the root element

And, how do I show mergers and spin-offs? Not to mention the time in between each merger/spin-off...

Think I'll have to create additional 'bubbles' indicating "merger" or "spin-off" to get the elements to connect to each other...which will take far too long, IMO.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 7th 2010, 19:02:12

hm i suppose you would have to do that....

maybe there's something better for that

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 7th 2010, 19:05:08

hmmm

perhaps something like this

http://futurist.se/...tent/uploads/gldt1007.svg

llaar Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 19:06:45

a chart that started at the first UM set would be a lot easier

since of course with 50k players 10 years ago there were a ton of clans and spin offs

since theres been 2k and fewer players though since EC, it would be much easier to chart, and more understandable to most people still currently playing i would think...

then again, since EC started, there haven't been as many mergers and split offs like there apparently were back in the day, before my time :P

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 7th 2010, 19:07:36

https://launchpad.net/gnuclad

Introducing gnuclad
Published by Andreas on 2010-02-03 in Gnuclad. 0 Comments

Donjan Rodic has released a cladogram tree generator named gnuclad – check this cool project out. With the use of his new tool he has completed version 10.2 of the GNU/Linux distro timeline!

Note how the svg version now has links to the corresponding distributions. Open it in your favorite svg-friendly web browser and click the labels – voilà.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 7th 2010, 19:10:53

this game never had 50K actual players
I"m betting it had 10K at most and that's generous:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 7th 2010, 19:17:08

but it doesn't really make sense to not mention the histories... should be from the very beginning :)

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 19:18:44

Ya, agreed

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 19:20:00

And, on an entirely-unrelated note, the thread paging in the forum still isn't matching up with the thread paging in this thread...

Looks like I'll have to try to fix it again after I get off work or something.