Verified:

Shinigami Game profile

Jun 1st 2011, 20:12:49

Wait, the reset's ending? So I should, like, jump or something?

*above average lazy Omegan*

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 1st 2011, 20:26:15

I got impatient and blew most of my stock on public almost 2 weeks ago...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 1st 2011, 21:04:04

Originally posted by NukEvil:

to be fair, your stock was likely no more $32.4m

anoniem Game profile

Jun 1st 2011, 21:08:42

tbf to nukevil you're an arsehole.
re(ally)tired

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 1st 2011, 21:47:11

So I guess that means you two cancel eachother out then?

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 0:27:36

Originally posted by anoniem:
tbf to nukevil you're an arsehole.

lul why so mad?

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 0:45:06

anon is just a whiny little girl.

diez Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 0:58:27

because anoniem wubs SS as deep as KJ and LT wubs each other

Chewi Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 1:09:52

daiz is big suck!

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 1:53:02

Originally posted by SolidSnake:

To be fair, LaF won't be getting a crown this reset.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 8:49:47

Originally posted by SolidSnake:

To be fair, LaF won't be getting a crown this reset.

To be fair, evo have been fluffting themselves for the last week dropping members, intra farming, grabbing stock through intra farming. So it will be highly embarrassing if laf did take a title.

locket Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 9:50:18

Well I am glad someone not me said that :P

anoniem Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 12:02:36

i'm an arsehole, because i'm not ignorant enough to post inane links while trying to disguise them as a point of reference for immigration?

good one pal.
re(ally)tired

anoniem Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 14:45:14

What about LaF's aiding to the top 10 ranks - by my watch that has been going on for over 10 years now?

i would throw in an idiom about glass-houses, but i don't think there are any glasshouses left.
re(ally)tired

Revolver Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 14:46:23

Originally posted by highrock:
i don't think there are 10 players capable of hitting 200M NW in this environment...

Actually, maybe you are not, but I can tell you approximately 10 names that can hit 250 M NW without that much problems.

highrock Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:00:30

Originally posted by Revolver:
Originally posted by highrock:
i don't think there are 10 players capable of hitting 200M NW in this environment...

Actually, maybe you are not, but I can tell you approximately 10 names that can hit 250 M NW without that much problems.

oh really...enlighten me please

Edited By: highrock on Jun 2nd 2011, 16:03:30
See Original Post
formerly Viola MD

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:15:20

getting over 200M nw is just too much damned effort...

< 5 mins a day FTW!!

(i spend too much time reading AT and B&S...)
Finally did the signature thing.

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:18:00

Most people saw what I was trying to point out with that link, except a few like you. That points to you being the ignorant asshole, not me.

Maybe others had more information before they posted, but that isn't my fault.

But even still that isn't why you are an asshole, all the proof needed for that is right here in this thread.

hanlong Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:20:58

anoniem: we aided who this reset?

i think ss is talking about this reset, not about the past, because this thread about this reset's t10/anw/etc.

we can make a new thread for the past if you want anoniem
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:24:55

We haven't aided people into the top 10 in ages, and when we did, it had no impact on our ANW or TNW (or no positive impact at least).

People like Anoniem and Nukevil come on here bragging about how they win ANW and how they are the best. Meanwhile everyone that sits back during the last 8 - 10 days of the reset and watches them drop (and farm) all their pesky negative outliers just laugh at them for being self righteous hypocrits who are ignorant enough to believe that people don't know whats what.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:31:38

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

People like Anoniem and Nukevil come on here bragging about how they win ANW and how they are the best. Meanwhile everyone that sits back during the last 8 - 10 days of the reset and watches them drop (and farm) all their pesky negative outliers just laugh at them for being self righteous hypocrits who are ignorant enough to believe that people don't know whats what.

As if LaF never dropped members; we always drop inactive members 2-3 weeks before the end of the set; this time I think our process got a bit gummed up with Yank being AFK for a dead computer and me being in maui... but LaF always does similar things

diez Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:33:28

What about we start talking about something relevant to the topic of this thread?

my predicted t10 would be 6LaF 3Evo 1Omega

t10 cutoff would be about 180m NW.

hanlong Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:37:25

Originally posted by qzjul:

As if LaF never dropped members; we always drop inactive members 2-3 weeks before the end of the set; this time I think our process got a bit gummed up with Yank being AFK for a dead computer and me being in maui... but LaF always does similar things

we actually didn't drop anyone =) even though a few are inactive.

i think it was just crappy that this guy:

May 29/11 9:24:43 PM PS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) () 320 A (+333 A)
May 29/11 9:24:22 PM PS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) () 331 A (+345 A)
May 29/11 4:31:01 PM PS ReDflag (#506) (LaF) net the set away (#173) () 396 A (+575 A)
May 27/11 9:33:56 PM PS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) (Evolve) 310 A (+240 A)
May 27/11 9:33:48 PM SS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) (Evolve) Defence Held
May 27/11 9:32:55 PM SS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) (Evolve) 244 A (+257 A)
May 27/11 9:32:34 PM SS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) (Evolve) 249 A (+264 A)
May 26/11 4:09:07 AM PS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) (Evolve) 407 A (+405 A)
May 25/11 3:32:25 AM PS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) (Evolve) 367 A (+260 A)
May 25/11 3:31:07 AM SS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) (Evolve) Defence Held
May 24/11 3:33:49 AM PS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) (Evolve) 454 A (+416 A)
May 24/11 3:32:53 AM SS HEAD by a Honey Badger (#383) (Evolve) net the set away (#173) (Evolve) Defence Held

had like 250M food on hand when #383 farmed him first intra-tag then got detagged as you can see.

but i just accept it as part of the fun i guess..

diez: i don't think 180M is the cutoff =/ i still think its higher but that's just me
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hanlong Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:41:35

and i would like to add that evo will most likely win ANW (and with it TNW since you have more members), but it will be close imo.

a little premature but i'll be the first to congratulate you guys.

but i don't think omega is overtaking us this time around. that's just my hunch from looking at the current standings and seeing who is left to jump.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

highrock Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:42:53

there won't be any omega in the t10. we had a lazy reset.
formerly Viola MD

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:43:15

I think 190m is cut off

6 laf 3 Evo 1 NA via market buyout

Also, laf hasn't dropped inactives or underperforming members at all this set and the race is still close. The last time I remember a laf'r getting dropped was downsay. He dropped tag himself last day of the set. Evo cried like babies, we asked downsay to retag his 5m net country that he had barely played and lost by 200k ANW with over double the members

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:44:08

We didn't drop members this reset, and we didn't drop memebers the last 2 sets either. I don't remember when the last time we did it was (I'm sure someone from Evo will be along shortly to remind me exactly when it was), but it hasnt' been any time in the recent past. We also let new players/returning players start a country in our tag at any point in the reset, regardless of how it will impact our final NW. (Not that I'm saying you have to in order to be "fair" but my point is that LaF doesn't do all these little things in attempt to win ANW, we accept and own our misgivings, it puts us in a position where we are more likely to improve on those misgivings).

"we always drop inactives" thats exactly my point! Thank you for proving it for me. Those "inactives" are part of your alliance and part of your NW. How many of the people you dropped are going to be playing in Evo again next reset? HOw many of them were new members that went inactive and didnt' work out? (we actually have one of those, and we STILL didn't drop him).

You drop them because they negatively impact your ANW. That is fine, there is technically nothing wrong with that. If you guys came out and just owned it by admitting it: "yeah we drop members, but thats because it helps us win, and we like to win" <-- people would respect that.

It's the comming out and acting self righteous about your victory right after you are finished pulling these stunts that makes you look foolish.

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:47:08

And then fluffing about anyone doing anything that you deem
Not legit.. Even if you do it yourselves.

Evo are the biggest group of hypocrites in earth

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:49:11

LT: I remember that downsay thing, because I was the tag holder that round and had to scramble to get him re-tagged in the last 10 minutes :p

that was annoying

Edited By: Pang on Jun 2nd 2011, 16:53:54
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:50:19

That's what I said in my post :-p we had him retag and we didn't detag him he detagged himself..

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:51:19

ya, i reread it and edited :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 16:58:13

...and all the LaF wankies come out in force, despite the fact that it was one of their own that started the trolling in the first place (gj, SS).

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:00:17

no it was Anon with his referring to SS as an asshole that started it.

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:01:26

hmm although I guess you could say that SS started it with his comment about your jump. But I interpreted that as a joke?

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:04:59

So did I, but you can't really blame me for the way this thread spiraled into stupidity...

MR BUTTMAN

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:08:41

I dont see what the problem is, its a game and one of the desired titles is winner of ANW.. as long as its within the rules, who cares about how you get it?

If you don't like how one alliance achieves said title, do something about it or shut up.. all this whining reminds me of a pre-shooler who's overdue for a nap.. and it obviously doesn't accomplish anything.

But if you're happy being a baby, don't let me stop you, im just after my bonus points anyway.

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:11:34

I guess you didn't actually read the posts above Buttman.

MR BUTTMAN

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:13:19

no not really, couldn't be bothered.. i read the title, skimmed over some posts, and commented on what i saw... forgot to even make a prediction :(

190m!

downsay2

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:14:21

Originally posted by Pang:
LT: I remember that downsay thing, because I was the tag holder that round and had to scramble to get him re-tagged in the last 10 minutes :p

that was annoying

haha, I definitely did drop myself, but at least I got retagged before the end of the reset!

Btw, starting 9 days late this reset for the win!! Med school > Earth

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:16:01

You are going to play from the beginning for next reset though, right Downsay *mob circle encloses on Downsay*

Shinigami Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:29:07

DOWNSAY SIGHTING

downsay2

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:35:08

You are going to play from the beginning for next reset though, right Downsay *mob circle encloses on Downsay*

Yeah yeah...I'll start on time next set

What's up Shini!! I haven't seen you in ages...what are you up to nowadays?

downsay2

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:40:56

See...it used to be that I could start late and still help out the avg nw...no longer true. I start late and completely kill our avg nw.

I'm either getting much worse at this game as time goes on, or I'm just becoming much lazier...not sure which one it is.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:54:08

we have people start late... we had a few this set even; main thing is if we have people disappear in the first month, we don't see why they should stick around to the end; to be honest half the reason for the (usually early) detagging is because of the suicider-ladder risk; if you leave an undefended n00b with potentially some stock around, you give a good stepping stone for others

that and it's embarassing when nobody can retal people hitting those guys at the bottom becuase they're too small...

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:56:55

Originally posted by downsay2:
See...it used to be that I could start late and still help out the avg nw...no longer true. I start late and completely kill our avg nw.

I'm either getting much worse at this game as time goes on, or I'm just becoming much lazier...not sure which one it is.

most of the real n00bs are gone...everyone here has played this game too long!
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 17:59:08

Another problem is that whenever something changes, most of the time, the formula for the change is also given out (or easily-guessable) for the players' approval.

Corfu Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 18:12:59

To address some of the concerns about Evo:

(1) Evo has detagged 5 members this reset. Two came early in the reset for being inactive (which most alliances don't have a problem with IMO). I do agree with you that we dropped 3 of our inactives too late in the reset. We are working on implementing better policy to drop inactives at least 2 weeks prior to the end of the reset.

(2) The intra-farming late was not authorized by EVO leaders and the offending member was spoken to about his actions. We don't condone what happened.

(3) If you'll notice, however, that we don't drop our Members that are active but may bring out average networth down. To me, what the average NW title is about is the caliber of the typical member in the alliance ASSUMING they are active. We won't drop our worst 5 players simply to win an ANW title if they are trying their best and playing their countries.

Anyway - I think the ANW title will be much closer than I anticipated. And I'm a little disappointed in Omega's showing - I thought they would put up more of a battle; I'm always impressed by their all-explore countries.

And does look like LaF will have 6 in the top 10 - dang nice showing!

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 18:41:14

H4 LaF aided a guy to the top 10 just a few resets ago.

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2011, 18:44:46

You are being very convienant in your interpretation of ANW Confu.

If you feel that dropping inactives is fair on the basis that those members don't represent the "average" member of Evo then by extension you should be removing the extremely large countries as well. Those large countries similarly don't represent the average member as their activity is usually much higher than what would be considered average or typical.

Thats the rub when it comes to measuring averages via the mean. Negative outliers drag your average down, and positive outliers drag it up. To make a claim such as yours corfu is to place a strong bias (or rather completely ignoring) the second half of the equation, and is a statistical abuse of the mean measurement.

If you truely feel that ANW should represent the "average" or "typical" member, then I suggest changing our ANW measurement from using the mean, to using the median.

Switching from the mean to the median is something I've argued in favour of for some time. Slag and I even had a discussion and a did a brief analysis together on what the expected outcome of such a change would be.

I made the recommendation to move to a median because it would be a better reflection of exactly what you are talking about. I made this recommendation knowing very well that it would, on average, negatively impact LaF's average NW moreso than Evo's (as LaF tends to have a lot more positive outlier countries pulling up our ANW than Evo does).

So I'm sorry, I see what you are trying to say, but unfortunately you argument just doesn't hold any water.

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Jun 2nd 2011, 18:49:10. Reason: Fixed typos
See Original Post

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2011, 18:46:17

Bobby: Ok, but how does that impact ANW positively? It isn't in the same ballpark as member dropping.