Verified:

Troglodite Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 4:18:06

I like to fight too.

Consider me the push-back against commie indis that want to grab all reset.

Nothing personal. I just don't like the affect it has on tourney dynamics and I'm going to go out of my way in tourney to change things.

Edited By: Troglodite on Nov 23rd 2011, 4:22:57
See Original Post

Trippster Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 14:47:19

ut oh
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.
I may or may not be here.

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 17:09:10

ok for the record I gave you 5 chances to save your demo/farmer and finish in the top 10 even though you missled and AB me over 1, yes 1 400a land grab.

Even this morning I debated about ending your reset but if you are going to continue being aggresive and calling me out on the boards then I guess I will ruin your country.

Enjoy the parking lot my good man. Even with the terrible militery prices I have a very very large advantage over you, hence why I didnt want to "pick" on the small guy.

Oh and Fatty, if you are out there, I own Easy Money Charlie (#11) 18,225a $8,095,650NW

come get some and help out Troglodite cryptosporidium (#31)

caffeineaddict Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 17:16:49

I'll buy your jets superfly

Troglodite Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 18:11:48

The number of acres on the grab doesn't matter.

Tourney has become weak, and as a result CI's feel free to grab all reset without the risk of running into people like me.

I'm going to play tourney very simply. All explore, and if I see a CI's grabbing with less than 10 days left in the reset I'm going to pick one and drag it down.

SuperFly,

I asked you this in-game as well... why do you even mention top 10? I explained this before but I will lay it out again. Top 10 has NEVER meant anything in tourney. At best top 5 in 2a was an accomplishment, and the only other factors that ever mattered were acres (overall) and net (overall).

It matters even less now that tourney is so small.

Don't get me wrong, it can still be fun, but do yourself a favor and drop the whole "top 10" thing completely.

Again, nothing personal. If you keep the same country name and don't pop up on my radar I wouldn't expect you to have any issues with me in the future.

Troglodite Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 18:19:55

Originally posted by SuperFly:

Even with the terrible militery prices I have a very very large advantage over you, hence why I didnt want to "pick" on the small guy.

Just to clarify one last thing: You really didn't have the advantage you claim. I had 450million in stock even selling at my 34/bushel private market price.

I was already above 5 million NW and could have easily jumped out of target range. I was also producing 130k bushels per turn and still netting 70k/t while exploring.

Edit: I screwed myself because I accidently sold 860k tanks on my private market instead of bushels =p... that set me back considerably, so instead of spending turns crushing you before you knew what happened I had to build up my army again... it happens... I just want to you to know the whole story.

The problem I have with the tendencies of current CI's is that it forces other strats into a less efficient dynamic. In the past there were enough people to keep the CI's honest at the end of the reset. Now it looks like tourney is really weak. I was running an all explore demo farmer and selling all my bushels on the private market and I was still able to outperform most... that is not a good state of affairs for the game in general.

So, long story short... run a CI and grab near the end of the reset at your own risk from now on. If I see anything after the 20th day of the reset I will take action.

Edited By: Troglodite on Nov 23rd 2011, 18:21:56
See Original Post

Nov 23rd 2011, 18:20:35

Top 10 means you'll get into game A if you're in games B and C. If you're 11 or 12 there's a possibility that you may not make the cut depending on how many players register for the next set.

Troglodite Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 18:22:41

And game A has 40 players now... game A doesn't even matter any more =/

blid

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2011, 19:01:11

Originally posted by Troglodite:
So, long story short... run a CI and grab near the end of the reset at your own risk from now on. If I see anything after the 20th day of the reset I will take action.
haha why do you have such a problem with attacks after the 20th? If it's still worth it for a CI to attack why shouldn't they? If they 1x and aren't a fluff about it, why you gonna drag them down into a war?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

ingle Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 22:09:47

Good thing I didn't hit you after the 20th!

Then again, I must say, your defenses were pretty crazy - maxing out that +def bonus and weapons tech.

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 23:11:02

The number of acres on the grab doesn't matter.

SuperFly,

I asked you this in-game as well... why do you even mention top 10? I explained this before but I will lay it out again. Top 10 has NEVER meant anything in tourney. At best top 5 in 2a was an accomplishment, and the only other factors that ever mattered were acres (overall) and net (overall).

It matters even less now that tourney is so small.

I was under the impression that the goal of the tournament server is to win your tournament level and move on to the next level and then finally win game A.

Last time I checked, the only way to "win" a tournament level is by being #1 thus being in the top 10.

a person that plays a Demo is usually a netgainer as Demos are not the best war country due to the 3 turns per attack.

I am very confussed as to your objective in running a country Troglodite. Are you playing to win a tournament, to war or to do nothing? You cleary arent going to win anything this round, your demo/farmer has been AB'ed, you only own turrets and a few tanks that I have yet to destroy and you already used up your missles.
I am going to guess that you are playing a country just for the sake of killing some free time and you have no real clue as to what to do with said country.

You say that tourney doesnt even matter, so why do you play other than to missles anyone that land grabs after the 20th?

Nov 24th 2011, 7:47:03

oh, i dunno... demo isn't that bad. i crushed tshirt time #4. has was hovering around rank 12 now he's rank 40+. just gotta stock turns and have yorself a decent fs. but then, he doesn't really know how to play.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 8:10:12

Originally posted by blid:
haha why do you have such a problem with attacks after the 20th? If it's still worth it for a CI to attack why shouldn't they? If they 1x and aren't a fluff about it, why you gonna drag them down into a war?

Because if there's significant risk of being warred for the grab, that makes the grab no longer worth it. Troglodite is attempting to convince indies that its not worth it to grab in the last 10 days of the set, and is doing a good job of it, I'd say.

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 15:55:30

Originally posted by Rockman:
Troglodite is attempting to convince indies that its not worth it to grab in the last 10 days of the set, and is doing a good job of it, I'd say.

Ok I am going to try and convince everyone that plays a Demo not to play a Demo by ABing them as soon as I have tanks :)

Nov 24th 2011, 16:48:57

I'd rather you didn't superfly. I'm a peace lovin' dude. 1 hit, move on. Unless someone decides to hit me too many times. 3+ being too many as two have already found out.

If you destroy my coffee palace I'm not gonna get my caffeine kick.

Troglodite Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 20:54:09

Bleh... I state my case in a few days when I don't have to do it by phone.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 24th 2011, 21:33:57

Troglodite; that was a STUPID move.
SuperFly; kick hiss ass so he hopefully learns to not make STUPID moves.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

braden Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 23:55:09

..or get deleted for cheating while trying to, at least.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 0:13:53

Zing! That's got to hurt.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

braden Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 23:46:43

i use to cheat and do insanely well, myself. and you know what? i too claimed i didn't cheat.. what a fluffing shock.. i suppose the difference is i stopped cheating when i left adolescence.

braden Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 23:48:22

but for this rainbow you'll run.

i'm taking odds here, plus or minus 299.5 turns taken before deletion. 2-1, any takers?

richprez Game profile

Nov 28th 2011, 19:06:24

What's worse is there's way less people playing now so if you gotta cheat to beat out the other 70 people you've got some issues.

Gzisimon2 Game profile

Nov 29th 2011, 7:14:44

tourney just isn't so fun

grr...

Troglodite Game profile

Dec 1st 2011, 2:35:51

KoH: Please explain how it is a stupid move. Are you going to beat me up?

I'll be starting up in B/C again this set. Play however you want, just be aware there are potential consequences.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2011, 2:43:19

Beat you up?,uhm,no I don't know you in person,therefore can't be done.
Stupid,because you didn't have a war country setup and you decided to go after one that was.
Consequences...hmm..I'm all about consequences,bro,bring it :)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gzisimon2 Game profile

Dec 1st 2011, 8:50:24

I just banged the f a r k e r who tapped me more thn 20 times!
Satisfying...

MADMARK Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 13:26:23

I grabbed superfly last set and he hit me with a missile and said that was his retal :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 4th 2012, 17:28:33

LMFAO!!! <3 SuperFly :)
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 4th 2012, 17:29:36

Originally posted by Gzisimon2:
I just banged the f a r k e r who tapped me more thn 20 times!
Satisfying...

That's not tapping, you got farmed, son! :p
(•_•)

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 2:03:27

soo where the heck is Troglodite hiding now?

Troglodite Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 4:17:08

Busy with other things right now.

I must have touched your soul.

Anything in particular you need?

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 5:24:23

nope, just wondering what became of you.

Nice to see you are still around though.

Hope all is well :)

de1i Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 5:25:42

SF, IRC. Find me.