Verified:

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 17th 2012, 22:05:27

Is this server so different from primary? I'd assume less grabbing because there are less players to grab without being suicided, but what other differences are there? I've never played a tourney country. And I've played since 1998, 1999 or something. actually I made a country to test some startups before..lol
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2012, 22:17:02

biggest difference is the GDI. it's mandatory, but AB/missile/etc is allowed without being hit twice. instead GDI just forbids attacking anyone 1/2 or 2x your size. and you can declare war attack people 1/8 to 8x your size before humanitarians step in. that, and the small game sizes, leads to some wild stuff. i got hit by about 40 ABs today fgor a single tap and i had 400k tanks.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2012, 0:43:16

Tourney = AB haven lol
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

VivaNick Game profile

Oct 18th 2012, 1:31:26

Tourney cool, my favourite server.

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 18th 2012, 7:05:01

Guess it'd take some getting use to. I may give it a try one of these days.
The EEVIL Empire

Darakna Game profile

Oct 18th 2012, 7:16:23

tourney is good for a bit of mayhemic fun.

afaik Game profile

Oct 18th 2012, 7:44:20

very very different serp. my second-least favourite server. i find it dull as old boots compared to primary which is lively and entertaining.

in tourney you often find random crap like blid's example, but you also get sets where nothing at all happens, or you get no retal for mass farming someone all set long.

it's basically much slower to landgain and you have to be more careful, which makes it more of an efficiency game than primary. it is good practice in that regard.

also, as darakna says, it can be fun if you don't bother netting and just play for a bit of mayhem :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2012, 8:20:05

Come to Game C, mayhem central, the wild west of EE :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

oldman Game profile

Oct 18th 2012, 14:13:32

I like the no ally system, it makes things fairer. People can retaliate against my PS easier and vice versa.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2012, 14:25:37

I think the no def allies makes PS too powerful.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 18th 2012, 15:45:53

It would be powerful for bottom feeding and top feeding equally though. Then you can run with more defense.
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2012, 16:02:24

my experience has often been that it makes it so easy for chumps to retal you that it becomes more effective to declare war on a really little dude and beat the snot out of him :(

br3nt00 Game profile

Oct 19th 2012, 1:33:36

i thought the fact that there were less people and quicker turns would lead to more fun? thats why i play tourney over primary

jedioda Game profile

Oct 19th 2012, 17:00:36

very small market. 1 more farmer(or techer) and bushels (tech) price can crash
Very little number of potential PS if you try to avoid retal (grabbing country half your NW)

Brink Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 9:09:53

Originally posted by blid:
my experience has often been that it makes it so easy for chumps to retal you that it becomes more effective to declare war on a really little dude and beat the snot out of him :(

I tried that for a few sets. You can get to 20K acres. And every time I did it, I took it too far and wasn't able to hold those acres, or you get suicided on as soon as you start.

There are a few strategies for tourney that work, but you do need to plan and be more careful. Once something goes wrong, it snowballs from there and it's tough to get back on top.

Brink Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 9:12:36

I like the no allies. There needs to be more levels of the tourney. Just one more level would help a ton.

Tourney was the starting point you were directed to back in the Mehul days. Tourney was alive with a ton of players, and an active market. Sometimes I have to wait 12 or more hours just to get a good I need back on the market. As an example, I've been stuck unable to play waiting on food, waiting on Oil, waiting on Jets to come onto the market....

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2012, 8:35:26

Originally posted by blid:

Spoken like the craven cowards most of the netters are.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

blid

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2012, 22:09:17

"Netter" just means a player who wants a good score, doesn't it... which is the point of the game... and if you're a good netter, it means you understand the mechanics of the game and how to work them... and you can try your hand at anything and do it well.

VivaNick Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 18:26:30

I thought " netter " is for catching butterflies :p

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 4th 2012, 23:46:38

Originally posted by VivaNick:

HAHAHAHA You're RIGHT VivaNick! You're SO VERY RIGHT!

At least someone gets it.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

jedioda Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 10:03:07

1 spy op for 1 LG
Much more bonus points
Small markets
Little number of target. No way you can reach size of eevil war machine

VivaNick Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 16:31:01

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Originally posted by VivaNick:

HAHAHAHA You're RIGHT VivaNick! You're SO VERY RIGHT!

At least someone gets it.

LoL

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2012, 17:25:52

Pew Pew Pew! The count down begins, tic toc tic toc #2...
(•_•)