Verified:

myrddn Game profile

Jun 5th 2019, 4:07:44

Rico's Theo Techer Reseller
Story By: Rico -- Posted On: 8/16/00

First 100 turns~ Change Government to theocracy
(sell troops. set tax to 35%)
Start building industry (100% spies. every turn sell spies)
After your first 20 Industrial complexes start building CS’s until you have 20 BPT.
Build enough farms so your people don’t starve
Explore when you need to
Turn 55 set production to 100 % turrets
(every turn you cant build your bpt of industry build 4 CS’s instead) Turn 99 store turns. Wait 18 hours to get the bonus turns.
Turn 100-200~

When you are done with your turns, out of protection you should have at least 20k turrets (this is of course because you need at least 20k units to sell something and you will only be able to sell turrets for now). Sell 1/4 of these. Hopefully you have already found good def allies. Now that you have a good amount of money to build explore as much as you can and build on it. Once you hit about 300 500 industry start building research labs. With your last turn buy as many turrets as possible from the private market and sell a full 1/4 of your turrets again. At 1800 acres this is how my buildings normally look like:

300 Indies
150 CS
1350 Labs

You should now be teching with your turns and don’t worry about landgrabing just yet. You are now sustaining yourself by selling tech & reselling turrets and as soon as you have the money, troops and tanks. You can switch your Indy production to 100% spies. Research mostly Military tech so you can buy cheap military from your private market. And also research Res and bus tech because they sell the best early on.

Turn 200+~

From now on just build labs and if you land grab someone that had a lot of Indies or any other building just tare them down and build more labs. You can now start attacking. Everyone has a different attacking style. Personally when playing a Theo reseller strategy I like to get an SS and a PS one day and the next day I don’t attack unless if I find a good SS target. The reason I do this is because it lets me resell Jets every other day and because it lets me have offensive allies. (For some reason offensive allies don’t like it when you do PS’s Eveready. Hehehe) you can go with zero offensives allies if you wish to save yourself from losing jets when they attack. It also it allows you to Plan Strike everyday.

Mid Game~

I usually stay pretty thin compared to others on my score sheet (having lots of troops for reselling contributes to this) So I usually keep only enough turrets to feel safe from a bombing run and keep many more jets than turrets. If you ever run out military in your private market you should think about buying up the cheap bushels and resell them later when the food market jumps later in the game.

Since your making most of your money off of reselling military you can go a few days without selling tech. This allows you to try to get you most important techs maxed. (Military, Business, SDI, Weapons, and Medical in that order) You can tech Residential instead of Medical if you wish but note that the more of this tech you have the more people you have eating that expensive food.

Late Game~ When the tech market crashes, stop teching. Don't worry about playing turns anymore because your lossing a lot of money per turn now. Just log in and keep reselling military and selling extra tech. Remember that each tech point is worth 4 points towards your NW. As long as you can sell tech for more then 4 times the price of the average troop or more then the price of 1 tank your ok.

On your last day if you are top ten make sure to join GDI and cash out. Remember when cashing out that most of the time troops give you the most NW for the buck so get as many as you can and then move on to tanks. I hope this helps you out in your game.