Verified:

Marshal Game profile

Jul 18th 2013, 9:09:31

does it matter?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 18th 2013, 15:28:06

Yeah, I don't know either.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 25th 2013, 0:02:37

no u!
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

h2orich Game profile

Jul 30th 2013, 12:13:44

Does Military Strat tech increase special attacks returns like GS/BR/AB?

Marshal Game profile

Jul 30th 2013, 12:56:12

that's been asked many times and yes it does.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 31st 2013, 2:40:35

Ya it does.

Grady Game profile

Aug 8th 2013, 0:34:28

Latest announcement talks about reverting to old formulas before the "ramping damages" change.

What was it like before the ramping damage change?

Buying up military during walling no longer affect civ losses at all?

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 8th 2013, 6:35:19

Yep. That's how I understood it, since an attack on you just kills a fixed X% of your population per hit (adjusted by NW difference of the attacker), your military count isn't relevant.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Aug 17th 2013, 11:05:21

HEY XINHUAN!

HAS THE ABOVE REGARDING RAMPING UP BEEN CHECKED BY ANYBODY YET IN THIS RESET'S WARS? IS IT REALLY JUST A STRAIGHT PERCENTAGE NOW, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH MILITARY IS ON HAND?

I KIND OF LIKED THE RAMPING UP THING. SAD TO SEE IT GO IF IT'S GONE.

AND IF RAMPING UP IS A THING OF THE PAST NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OF MAKING MEDICAL TECH USEFUL BY GIVING IT AN EFFECT ON LOSSES? I THINKK THAT SOUNDS SOMEWHAT SWELL, BUT I DON'T THINK THINGS THROUGH ALL THAT WELL MOST OF THE TIME!

HA!

SAM
WONDERER,
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 17th 2013, 11:19:25

Ramping up is gone. % killed is affected by your NW difference only, just like before the ramping up is introduced.

I had posted that Medical tech should affect attacker's losses because of the new NW ratio penalty on attackers losses. Currently Medical tech only affects defender losses.

ArsenalMD Game profile

Oct 14th 2013, 20:16:50

bonus

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 7:08:43

OH GREAT, ALL-KNOWING AND BENEVOLENT XINHUAN! I COME TO YOU NOW WITH A QUESTION WHICH PERPLEXES ME TO NO END!

I SET OUT THIS EVENING TO TRY TO DETERMINE THE BASE ATTACK RESULTS OF ARTILLERY BARRAGES AT DIFFERENT NETWORTH RANGES, BUT THE RESULTS ARE CONFOUNDING!

LAST WEEK ON THE PRIMARY SERVER, I BEGAN AN ARTILLERY ASSAULT ON AN EVILDOER. HE HAD AROUND THREE TIMES MY NETWORTH. MY FIRST FIVE GLORIOUS BARRAGES EACH DESTROYED 2.5% OF HIS BUILDINGS. AND THE PEOPLE CHEERED! PAST MY FIRST FIVE RIGHTEOUS ATTACKS, I COULD NOT TELL YOU WHAT PERCENTAGE OF HIS BUILDINGS EACH ATTACK DESTROYED, BECAUSE AT THAT POINT I BEGAN TO ALSO FIRE NUCLEAR ROCKETS IN ORDER TO PROVIDE LIGHTING SO THAT THE MASSES COULD BETTER SEE THE DEVESTATION!

FIVE IS A PRETTY GOOD SAMPLE SIZE THOUGH. WOULDN'T YOU AGREE? DON'T ANSWER THAT! THAT IS NOT MY QUESTION!

TONIGHT, I CREATED A COUNTRY ON THE EXPRESS SERVER IN ORDER TO DETERMINE HOW I MIGHT IMPROVE MY DESTRUCTIVITY. I FOUND A COUNTRY WITH 0 MILITARY, GOT MYSELF TO 95% OF HIS NETWORTH, AND LET LOOSE ONE BLAST FROM MY MIGHTY PANZER. THE RESULT WAS A DESTRUCTION OF 2.26% OF MY TEST SUBJECT'S STRUCTURES. PERPLEXED, I FIRED ANOTHER ROUND. IT DESTROYED EXACTLY THE SAME NUMBER OF BUILDINGS (17) WHICH THIS TIME WAS 2.31% OF MY HAPLESS VICTIM'S THATCH HUTS. SO, I THEN DROPPED MY NETWORTH TO 89% OF HIS (THAT WAS AS LOW AS I COULD GET IT) AND FIRED ANOTHER SHELL. AGAIN, 17 BUILDINGS.. 2.36%!

I SIMPLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND THESE RESULTS! WHEN I ATTACKED WITH A COUNTRY THAT WAS 33% OF THE NETWORTH OF THE VICTIM LAST WEEK, I ACHIEVED BETTER RESULTS THAN I JUST DID WITH 95%.

I DID FIGURE ALL OF THESE PERCENTAGES ON ACTUAL BUILDINGS, NOT LAND. MY PRIMARY SERVER COUNTRY MAY HAVE HAD ABOUT 115% MILITARY STRATEGY TECH, BUT I WOULD STILL HAVE EXPECTED TO ACHIEVE MUCH BETTER RESULTS IN THE EXPRESS SERVER SCENARIO. AND NEITHER COUNTRY WAS A TYRANNY (COMMIE ON PRIMARY, DICT ON EXPRESS).

IF YOU, IN YOUR ULTIMATE WISDOM COULD SEE FIT TO BLESS ME WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF ARTILLERY BARRAGE RESULT CACLUATION, I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL AND WORHIPFUL. OR, IF YOU BELIEVE THAT I SHOULD WORK FOR MY ANSWER, CAN YOU PERHAPS SEE WHERE I HAVE GONE WRONG IN MY TESTING?

HA!

SAM
CURRENT HATER OF MATH,

Marshal Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 14:48:12

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 17:01:06

There has been a bunch of recent changes over the last few sets that changed how special attacks work. So, a bit wonky. Not only does NW difference matter, so does Strat tech, govt, and 45 sec Fast DR still exists on Primary, and also the additional DR for attacking faster than 3 times per second or something.

ABs kill CSes differently as well, I think. Not really tested.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 17:24:47

NONE OF THOSE ANNOUNCEMENT POSTS EVEN BEGIN TO ANSWER MY QUESTION! I KNOW THE FORMULAE FOR SPECIAL ATTACK RESULTS HAVE BEEN CHANGED MANY TIMES IN THE LAST YEAR. WHAT I AM TRYING TO DETERMINE WITH MY TESTING, IS WHAT THE PERCENTAGES DESTROYED ARE FOR DIFFERENT ATTACK METHODS AT DIFFERENT NETWORTH RATIOS OF ATTACKER/DEFENDER. PREPARE TO BE BEATEN MERCILESSLY WITH A RUSTY FENDER FROM A 1977 FORD LTD, MARSHAL!!

MY TEST RESULTS MADE ZERO SENSE! A COUNTRY WITH 95% OF THE DEFENDER'S NET WORTH ACHIEVED ***WORSE*** RESULTS THAN A COUNTRY 1/3 THE SIZE OF THE DEFENDER. AFTER ACTUALLY TAKING THE TIME TO REREAD ALL THREE OF THOSE ANNOUNCEMENT POSTS, THINKING YOU WERE TELLING ME THERE WAS SOMETHING IN THERE I HAD MISSED, I FIND THAT THERE IS NOTHING IN ANY OF THEM TO EXPLAIN THE RESULTS I'M SEEING. THERE IS ALSO NOTHING IN ANY OF THEM THAT GIVES THE ACTUAL FORMULA FOR CALCULATING AB RESULTS, UNLESS I'M JUST NOT SEEING IT.

HA!

SAM
CHAMPION OF THE EUGLAF DIVISION,

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 17:26:10

OH GREAT AND BENEVOLENT XINHUAN, YOU POSTED WHILE I WAS TYPING! THE ABOVE POST WAS NOT IN RESPONSE TO YOURS!

PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME, I BEG!

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 17:33:03

ABs have never made sense to me. I just AB and wreak havoc!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 17:56:28

THANK YOU XINHUAN! WHILE YOU MAY NOT HAVE THOUGHT THAT RESPONSE WAS PARTICULARLY HELPFUL, IT MOST CERTAINLY WAS! FOR IF THE INFINITELY WISE AND HANDSOME XINHUAN CANNOT EVEN FIGURE THESE THINGS OUT, THEN THEY ARE MYSTERIES OF LIFE WHICH I SHOULD NOT EVEN BEGIN TO PONDER, LEST MY MIND BE TURNED TO MUSH!

YOU HAVE SAVED ME MANY ANGST-FILLED HOURS OF FURIOUS AND MIND BOGGLING SPREADSHEETING!

HA!

SAM
AT PEACE,

Marshal Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 20:39:08

if you have access to ffa alpha server then you can test ab-attacks in "sandbox".

blid

EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2014, 18:14:00

xinhuan if i get corruption bonus does my food stop decaying too, i am assuming yes.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 2nd 2014, 20:39:54

Originally posted by blid:
xinhuan if i get corruption bonus does my food stop decaying too, i am assuming yes.

since its called resource decay what do you think?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 3rd 2014, 7:50:31

Originally posted by blid:

Yes, food also stops decaying. But there is really very little reason to actually keep the food in your country to begin with.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2014, 18:25:39

I put out standing orders for food when I first started stocking. I got enough for the rest of the set for under $40 so I had a lot. Once my corruption bonus got high enough I stopped worrying about sending it out to the market to avoid decay.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 3rd 2014, 18:31:46

I would still put it on the market at a ridiculous price, and just let it return home from market naturally. You never know if that $80 food will actually sell and you make a handy profit. Plus it means GSes don't steal any food from you if you had double tapped anyone.

Though, you would be right that the 1 turn extra you get to tech would probably out-earn the minimal corruption at about 90+% decay onwards.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 3rd 2014, 20:48:09

if you have hundreds of millions bushels in hand and some suicider grabs you and even if he gets 10% that's still alot money, doesn't need to be suicider just normal landgrab and you lost couple hundred million bucks.

anita Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 22:35:05

hmm

Riddler Game profile

Jan 19th 2014, 15:49:06

HEY XINHUAN! Wasn't this game basically stolen from Swirve when they shut down anyway? So why would the price have to be so high? Oh and for my real question, what is your favorite strat to run for both netting and war

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 19th 2014, 17:44:22

The game wasn't stolen - just cloned. Game concepts can be copied, and do not fall foul of international copyright law. A concept can be patented though, but it only lasts for a few initial years, but a granted patent may not hold up in court if it can be proven that the patent is too generic, has prior art, or otherwise unenforceable.

I don't have any particular favourite stategy, I typically run a techer on Alliance, but I run all strats equally on other servers. I don't like warring, but will war if forced to war. I have years of experience running warchats, leading wars, and writing scripts to help things out.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 4:25:58

HEY XINHUAN!

ASSUMING EQUAL ACRES AND NEARLY MAXED TECH, WHO MAKES MORE PER TURN? DEMOCRACY CASHER OR REPUBLIC CASHER?

h2orich Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 6:31:01

Rep Casher.

the tech bonus that demo gives only increases the income by 4.4%?(not sure)
demos eats more food due to higher population from the extra res tech
but demos get 0% taxes on everything(food,military,tech)

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 16:07:00

The Republic Casher makes more than the Demo Casher. The difference is minor, but the Demo has the opportunity to do better than the Republic by playing the market (Reselling, Selling down, etc). Market play obviously has some risks, and also requires paying more attention to the game, and requires a little bit more skill than just hitting the cash button.

Standard Risk vs Reward scenario, both are good. Rep is for the lazier player. Demo is for the player with more time to spend.

humicroav Game profile

Mar 15th 2014, 23:18:52

HEY XINHUAN!

what's THUNDERHORSE's bit?
ur mom playz erf2025

Syzygy Game profile

May 8th 2014, 22:11:39

Agree demo casher has much more potential.

table4two Game profile

Jun 8th 2015, 13:15:30

Hey Xin,

Can you shed some light on the feasibility of stocking oil?

As a Casher, I can see the benefit as it allows me to cash for longer and destock later in the game. However at the same time, I've seen it quoted around the forums that stocking oil is only feasible when it is at $80. Now I have never seen oil at this price so I am hearing conflicting information.

In your opinion is it better to simply stockpile bushels? or can you give some examples of when stocking oil is worthwhile?

Edited By: table4two on Jun 8th 2015, 13:18:15
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Jun 9th 2015, 14:22:53

table4two Game profile

Jun 15th 2015, 11:21:54

thanks Marshal will have a read :)

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 5:38:30

WOW, CAN'T BELIEVE THIS THREAD IS STILL GETTING ACTION!

mephirak Game profile

Jan 12th 2016, 16:38:14

About to do a super necro 😉

@Xinhuan, I've been exploring different start-ups(returning player).

1) as a casher starting casher I felt way too land fat early on. Am I supposed to cash early turns to keep from getting too fat, or just build CS?

2) for a farmer, tech start, would I want to stay monarchy during tech phase or jump straight into fascism?

3) why is 1920 acres the gold standard for tech starts? I know it's because of the explore break points, but couldnt you quickly explore to 5k acres and tech 2.5x more for those turns rather than staying at only 1920?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 12th 2016, 20:46:12

1. no cashing, you grow, buy techs, bushels and military.

2. switch and have enuf farms to have positive bushels production.

3. if you do techphase its only for few days and then you start growing.

xinhuan left this game so no answers from him.

mephirak Game profile

Jan 12th 2016, 23:04:52

Thanks again for all your responses Marshal, you've been a great help to making my triumphant return more triumphant!

1) I felt like I had an insane amount of land per military when I did that this past round in express(and I was getting hit often), I guess balancing more CS might sorta solve that, but idk. Is casher designed to be able to keep up with indies early or am I supposed to wait until 1200 turns?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 12th 2016, 23:37:00

indies rule early.

just get your wanted buildings per turn up quicklish and then start teching or exploring and building.