Verified:

Lionsfan80 Game profile

May 7th 2012, 3:09:50

I am at the point where I am losing over 500,000 dollars and 10,000 bushels a turn. Am I doing this right? I can still make money in the long run, but it seems like I could be more efficient. I have only labs and some industrial complexes for spies.

UltraMarines Game profile

May 7th 2012, 15:15:22

I think a fair portion of strats tend to run with a deficit, but if you can avoid it or minimize your expenses as much as possible thats always a help. Keep your bus/res tech up and your military to help reduce expenses. Agr to help minimize your bushels lost.

oldman Game profile

May 7th 2012, 16:45:56

first of all, if you're losing too much $/turn as a techer, you're either:
a) not having enough business and residential tech
b) your land is too low for your NW (get more land, and your population increases which will increase your tax revenue. Your tech/turn will increase as well and thus increase overall income)

Tin Man

May 7th 2012, 18:09:51

FIRST priority when running a techer is keeping Business/Residential techs at or above 170%

Agri tech has a good market as well as military cost at the end of the set when everyone is destocking

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2012, 19:30:23

except theo can't get over 152% on busi and resi.

10k bushels lost per turn is somewhat normal (depending your land and military) since you should get alot money from tech sales and that way buy more bushels than you lose per turn.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

tduong Game profile

May 7th 2012, 20:30:01

Originally posted by UltraMarines:
I think a fair portion of strats tend to run with a deficit, but if you can avoid it or minimize your expenses as much as possible thats always a help. Keep your bus/res tech up and your military to help reduce expenses. Agr to help minimize your bushels lost.

Have military, bus/res to minimize expense and losses per turn. Having agriculture tech will not minimize your bushels loss since you have no farms.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

tduong Game profile

May 7th 2012, 20:31:23

Originally posted by Lionsfan80:
I am at the point where I am losing over 500,000 dollars and 10,000 bushels a turn. Am I doing this right? I can still make money in the long run, but it seems like I could be more efficient. I have only labs and some industrial complexes for spies.

stop worrying about how much you lose per turn. As long as the amount of money you earn from selling tech is far greater than the money you lose from expense/food. You are fine.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2012, 21:06:11

if you have positive income then you might have too low def or not pure techer aka you have resis and ents built.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

UltraMarines Game profile

May 8th 2012, 13:21:09

Thank you for the correction there tduong!