Verified:

thunder1276 Game profile

Jun 3rd 2012, 2:33:59

Does anybody have any tips on how to handle having a large army? Now that I figured out how to make bundles of money I am having trouble paying for the army that I can buy. I generally make my money by selling food. how do I handle the money that is needed per turn to pay for having large armies? I havnt bought any technology yet, how much would this help? any advice would help.

crest23 Game profile

Jun 3rd 2012, 2:39:39

You needed Military, Residential, and Business techs. A lot of them and quickly too. If you are making food to sell, you should get Agricultural tech, and a lot of it to so you can make more food to sell and therefore more money to play your army.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

thunder1276 Game profile

Jun 3rd 2012, 16:40:52

thanks crest

br3nt00 Game profile

Jun 3rd 2012, 23:22:58

wait til the end to buy it?

UltraMarines Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 17:20:00

tech is a must

phalanxo Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 0:45:57

on this note... if i have a commie indy that is producing say.. 55,000 turrets a turn... is there any kind of spreadsheet or way to calculate how much $$$ i need saved to play... 230 turns at the end of the set, or whatever (on express..)? it's hard to figure out cause the bushel requirement and expenses keep going up every turn as the army grows fast. and is it more efficient for a CI to have a lot of bus/res tech or just get more indy tech to produce more fluff to sell to pay for the larger per-turn expenses?

crest23 Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 3:46:01

As a CI, you would need res/bus/ and military to help with your expenses.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2012, 15:00:06

phalanxo I don't know any spreadsheets, but you can always do some ROUGH calculations. Your industries * your turns * 35% commie bonus * tech * 1.86. That's how many jets/turrets you can make. Take that number and multiply by jet upkeep, roughly $0.14/jet and food cost is .001/jet. So then you can see what you spend now, how much more you'll spend then, and account for something around the middle of that as an average for remaining turns..
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Zsatcehvaernys Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 17:29:08

Yay

kingofthezulus

Jun 12th 2012, 5:34:17

I basically do what blid said. Say you are cashing out 100 turns, find your expenses on the first turn (just look at your advisor), then estimate your expenses on your 100th turn. Average the expenses of your first turn with your 100th turn and multiply by turns you will cash (100 in this case). It's a way to calculate an incremental increase over a period of time. The easy part is calculating food expenses since this increases at a constant rate with military production, calculating military costs is a little trickier.

abomb Game profile

Jun 22nd 2012, 1:38:39

tech is key to keeping your expenses down and your income UP. Most countries when you specialize will run negative income per turn. I am no expert here but as you specialize just keep stock on hand ( cash ) to pay for your turns.

abomb Game profile

Jun 22nd 2012, 1:39:20

tech is a great way to add nw without acres. Consider just buying stock of business, and military. And depending on your strategy residential too.