Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2012, 18:07:49

I enforce a 1:1 retal policy for all hits on me. If you feel like I grabbed to many acres back then don't hit me in the first place.

If you RoR me, you will become my new land fluff.

That is all =)

caffeineaddict Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 18:14:48

Sounds fair to me.

Any time limit on that retal? 'cause i have unlimited retal window written in my retal policy, and i expect like for like, like it or not.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2012, 18:17:35

Umm well I never really thought of that but generally speaking it would be within 48 hours, unless it is someone 4x my size that wants to bottom feed me.

In that case I feel it is justified to allow 72 hours to grow 4x and get a retal. Especially if it was multiple land grabs on me.

Generally speaking of course.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2012, 18:19:24

I wouldn't act kindly on your 'unlimited retal window' because if I hit you week one and you hit me back week 4 there is a major difference there. That would not be cool, and I would not take kindly to that sort of game play. If, however, you retal me in a more reasonable time frame I will accept it as a retal and move on.

Feb 25th 2012, 19:32:05

Well, the way i see it, if you hit me in week one, you're setting me back by many turns... possibly up to 20 turns at an early stage by taking 200 acres - 8 turns exploring, 200 buildings to rebuild 3 turns + the cost, then there's my lost income from having to waste time rbuilding when i could be teching.

You've also had the early bump in your production that you have taken advantage of for 3 weeks, compounded up which puts you ahead quite c0nsiderably by the time that i'm able to make my retal and take 1000 acres from you. That early lost land puts me back and puts you forward in development and probably are equal in terms of value throughout the set.

I would ruin your set if you ror'd me. If it happened the othwr way around... then well done for getting back at me. See the ezchange between the coffee palace and eat pray love

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2012, 19:36:50

Week one I'm not going to get 200 acres from you.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2012, 19:39:27

Well i guess we better hope we dont meet in primary because it will lead to war.

If you hit me 3 weeks after my attack and call it a retal I will not accept that and will retal you 1:1 as that would be considered a new hit not a retal.

If you don't accept that and hit me back then it will only go down hill from there.

If you and I meet in the game one of us will have to back down or both our sets will be ruined.

tduong Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 19:56:13

Why don't you two just pm each other.

The way I see it Gdi is not time sensitive so I can take my retal 8 weeks later. If you want to eat my 30 missiles for making a second hit then go ahead.

But here's the catch. If anyone has to wait that long to retal then they are most likely all jetting because they cannot grow fast enough to
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2012, 20:06:39

Any line of thought that leads one to believe a retal multiple weeks later is acceptable as a retal is flawed. It if fine to LG someone weeks later but you cannot claim it to be a retal. At least not for me.

tduong Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 21:46:08

That's fine. Ill let you know so you can LG me and ill retal you 8 weeks later. Then you ror and ill farm you then shoot about 10 nukes and 20chems to see if you can do something about it

blid

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2012, 23:17:06

why
i guess you *could* but i agree with requiem
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tduong Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 23:21:40

try enforcing something that the game mechanics is against the game mechanics. You only leave yourself at a disadvantage. The only thing you can do is stay ahead far enough that they can't do something to you.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2012, 23:36:22

if it's over a week it's a landgrab not a retal, so then you can retal their grab - which they'll know in their heart is fair - and you can and dare them to break gdi on their end. esp if you got SDI and some tanks youll be dcently safe.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tduong Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 23:44:15

if i have the advantage of special attacks then i don't need to use tanks. I just need to farm and destroy their production and force them to go into the negative and have to drop military. Then i'd need tanks but just enough to block their AB. Then it's a choice for them to either rebuild and get me back later or straight up suicide to get a few hits through but they'll know they're done after a few tries. What's the point of doing that cause I'll just farm them some more.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2012, 2:16:39

In Tournament my retal window varies between "my attack better still be in the news" and "fluff your retal!"

tduong Game profile

Feb 27th 2012, 10:50:16

i don't take retals kindly in tourney unless it's within 25 hours because GDI doesn't give anyone the advantage. The only thing it prevents is someone less than 1/2 your size to suicide unless they declare war lol.

Feb 27th 2012, 12:04:45

Originally posted by Requiem:

Don't see why not. By day 8 i had 3750 acres.
If you had the same nw then you would be able to take 10.5% which would be 393 acres.

If you don't want to take my retal window your set may, or may not, be ruined. It's a risk you take, just as it is a risk that i take. In the end it's all fun.

tduong Game profile

Feb 27th 2012, 12:06:34

Originally posted by caffeineaddict:
Originally posted by Requiem:

Don't see why not. By day 8 i had 3750 acres.

lol